PDA

View Full Version : Yams PBS redevelopment delayed (shock horror)

Part/Time Supporter
02-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Bit of a strange story this

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Fears-for-Tynecastle-stadium-revamp.5875263.jp

Basically the jist is that the old Tynie HS, which was supposed to be knocked down to make way for a new Roseburn Stand, is now being suggested as a temporary home for Gillespie's pupils while their school is getting rebuilt.

The comedy points are:

Council sources also confirmed that Hearts have still not paid an outstanding bill for Tynecastle Nursery, which would have to be relocated if work on the new main stand got under way.

No ****, Sherlock.

It was also confirmed today that Hearts have still not provided the council with all the necessary planning information relating to the new 10,000-seat stand – meaning the planning committee is still not in the position to consider the application.

Now that's what I call a planning application!

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM
They are an embarrassment

Kato
02-12-2009, 12:48 PM
It's all smoke and mirrors.

In fact to fool the jambos you don't need the mirrors......

....or the smoke.....

..........just a big cardboard box with fancy drawings inside.

You can fool some of the jambos all of the time and all of the Jambos some of the time but you CAN fool ALL of the Jambos ALL of the time.

Mikey
02-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Presumably the stadiums at Kaunas and Ripo will be completed first as the planning process for those two started before the PBS.

How are they getting on with them by the way?

MyJo
02-12-2009, 12:53 PM
i'm stunned by this news.........no really i am :rolleyes:

TrinityHibs
02-12-2009, 01:06 PM

....or the smoke.....

..........just a big cardboard box with fancy drawings inside.

You can fool some of the jambos all of the time and all of the Jambos some of the time but you CAN fool ALL of the Jambos ALL of the time.

The highlighted bit would be enough

EskbankHibby
02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Deary f****** me :rolleyes:, did they not bring in a Romanov apologist and bullet some other guy a while back because his role was to facilitate the application process?

I think this is where Vlad's true genius lies by the way, just think how much cash he would be able to syphon away on salaries, administration, feasability studies etc.

I wouldn't be happy if it were happening at my club but then again i have a spine and have never taken the boaby up the old Bourneville Boulevard.

Phil MaGlass
02-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Why dont Hibs put in a bid for the nursery and completely fu-- them up.

Andy.1875
02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
My 2 boys are at Gillespie's. There's no way that they will be going to school at Tynie. They would refuse to set foot in it. Would transfer them to another school before that happened.

MacBean
02-12-2009, 01:22 PM
My 2 boys are at Gillespie's. There's no way that they will be going to school at Tynie. They would refuse to set foot in it. Would transfer them to another school before that happened.

do they travel from cork ? :wink:

:duck:

Woody1985
02-12-2009, 01:57 PM
Why dont Hibs put in a bid for the nursery and completely fu-- them up.

Waste of time. They're never going to buy it anyway!

jacomo
02-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Let's play join the dots...

The current Hearts manager is BEGGING for new players, principally a striker, in January. But it's clear that the club is skint.

Meanwhile, Hearts spent over £1m on a planning application that still isn't complete... £1m wasted, you have to say.

Now... can the Yams put 2 and 2 together? Will they start asking where the money has gone?

matty_f
02-12-2009, 02:07 PM

The current Hearts manager is BEGGING for new players, principally a striker, in January. But it's clear that the club is skint.

Meanwhile, Hearts spent over £1m on a planning application that still isn't complete... £1m wasted, you have to say.

Now... can the Yams put 2 and 2 together? Will they start asking where the money has gone?

they've not paid a bean for the nursery, either.:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
02-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Move along nothing to see here. (If you're looking for a new stand that is).

Mon Dieu4
02-12-2009, 02:11 PM
They cant resubmit the planning application yet as all the Forklift Trucks originally used to take them to the planning department are currently in use, I cant remember what for though :devil:

lapsedhibee
02-12-2009, 02:31 PM

If they can, :hmmm:, the sum will take the form Nade (2 games) + Nade (2 goals) = striker problem a thing of the past.

Andy.1875
02-12-2009, 02:37 PM
do they travel from cork ? :wink:

No they're the lucky ones. It's only me that has to be over here. Work :boo hoo:

jst1875
02-12-2009, 02:44 PM
If they can, :hmmm:, the sum will take the form Nade (2 games) + Nade (2 goals) = striker problem a thing of the past.

he only scores after he gets a massage from his burd ................ she must be a right tight b1tch ......................... 2 massages in 9 ten months.
:hmmm:
:yamlaugh:

Dashing Bob S
02-12-2009, 02:46 PM

I think we should start an appeal on their behalf. Why don't we simply get every Hibs fan to collect all the boxes our Christmas presents come in, and distribute said boxes to all the lucky Hearts supporters who come to ER for the derby?

I get the feeling that this basic guesture would mean to so much. It would great to see them playing with their boxes in the South Stand, perhaps when they get fed up twirling their little scarves over their heads.

C'mon, you big-hearted Hibbies, we started out with a strong charitable ethos, so let's help our neighbours out!

Ants
02-12-2009, 02:47 PM

Wots wrong wi Tynie as a school ??? :grr:

Myself and a few others on this board went there..... and we all turned out alright, I think.....:faf:

jst1875
02-12-2009, 02:54 PM

Myself and a few others on this board went there..... and we all turned out alright, I think.....:faf:

agreed..... nowt wrong with tynie (school)

:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
02-12-2009, 02:54 PM

The 'stadium' it's adjacent to?

hibbymark
02-12-2009, 04:51 PM

One of my yam mates was reminding me today that the prolific Nade is currently in better form than Torres !

Kato
02-12-2009, 04:56 PM

As a stand? - yes it'd do them.

matty_f
02-12-2009, 05:23 PM
One of my yam mates was reminding me today that the prolific Nade is currently in better form than Torres !

It's true - i was in McD's in Liverpool last week and saw Torres there. He only managed a medium Chicken Sandwich meal - no comparison to Nade who was spotted scranning 5 large Big Mac meals pre-lunchtime on Monday alone.

HibbyAndy
02-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Hearts really are the pitts.

Dont think anyone takes them serious anymore, no credibiltiy and a total joke of a club.

Disc O'Dave
02-12-2009, 06:36 PM

The English department seems a little below par.

matty_f
02-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Hearts really are the pitts.

Dont think anyone takes them serious anymore, no credibiltiy and a total joke of a club.

:top marks Well said, Andy.

Minder
02-12-2009, 07:43 PM

As is the Business Studies Department !

Kaiser1962
02-12-2009, 08:01 PM

And they had/have the brass neck to suggest Farmer is humping us! Unbelievable.

ancient hibee
02-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Understand 100 wedding receptions for 2020 at the new hotel have been cancelled.

Mibbes Aye
02-12-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't know how those den mothers can sleep at night. It's thanks to the likes of them (and Arbroath) expecting what was rightfully theirs, that's led to all this.

I wouldn't be surprised if Malofeev resigns his consultancy in disgust.

judas
02-12-2009, 08:19 PM

....or the smoke.....

..........just a big cardboard box

I hope you don't mind.

I edited your post above. I don't think there need be anything inside the cardboard box to fool the Jambos. I think an empty box would be enough.

goosano
02-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Worry not. It's all crystal clear on keechback

Muppet No 1

We are not even selling out Tynecastle now so whats the point in building a bigger stand right now. Eventually replacing the main stand with a Wheatfield type stand would be the best option.

However, I would like to see us work on getting rid of the debt we have to be honest. Everyone loves the team doing well but securing our long term future is the most important thing.

Apparently its sitting at around 15 million.

Muppet No 2

A stand only option would be the best idea with the possibility of attracting a big name sponsor for the stand and naming it after them which would majorly cut costs. I think the amount quoted for 10,000 seat a stand only option at the time was 8million, sell the rights to the stand for 10 years for 5million and that leaves us with only 3million to find. Of course after a 10 year tenure has ran out whoever has had the naming rights could have the option of renewing this or another sponsor could be found, bringing in revenue again. I don't think 5million for a ten year naming rights of the stand is a lot.

Muppet No 3

This is crazy but what worries me is that with the debt down to around £20m and the land value at Tynie around £15-£17m VR could effectively cut his losses and walk away.

We are then back at Sq1 - no debt but no ground. Let's not kid ourselves - THAT WOULD BE A DISASTER.

:faf:

poolman
02-12-2009, 10:59 PM

Muppet No 1

We are not even selling out Tynecastle now so whats the point in building a bigger stand right now. Eventually replacing the main stand with a Wheatfield type stand would be the best option.

However, I would like to see us work on getting rid of the debt we have to be honest. Everyone loves the team doing well but securing our long term future is the most important thing.

Muppet No 2

A stand only option would be the best idea with the possibility of attracting a big name sponsor for the stand and naming it after them which would majorly cut costs. I think the amount quoted for 10,000 seat a stand only option at the time was 8million, sell the rights to the stand for 10 years for 5million and that leaves us with only 3million to find. Of course after a 10 year tenure has ran out whoever has had the naming rights could have the option of renewing this or another sponsor could be found, bringing in revenue again. I don't think 5million for a ten year naming rights of the stand is a lot.

Muppet No 3

This is crazy but what worries me is that with the debt down to around £20m and the land value at Tynie around £15-£17m VR could effectively cut his losses and walk away.

We are then back at Sq1 - no debt but no ground. Let's not kid ourselves - THAT WOULD BE A DISASTER.

Oh dear, where do you begin to tear holes in these posts :faf:

Kato
02-12-2009, 11:04 PM
What is their debt?

I've heard anything between 15 and 40 million squiddlys.

Is it an exact amount or does Vlad stick a pin in the financial times and rad out the nearest number?

wazoo1875
02-12-2009, 11:42 PM

Muppet No 1

Muppet No 2

Muppet No 3

Incredible stupidity :faf:

If those guys were pets they would be shot :agree:

Criswell
03-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Not sure we can s****** too much regarding this story, after all, Petrie has just booted plans to build a 4th stand at ER deep into the long grass.

I don't think we should delude ourselves that they will ever resurface again.

HibeesLA
03-12-2009, 01:37 AM
Not sure we can s****** too much regarding this story, after all, Petrie has just booted plans to build a 4th stand at ER deep into the long grass.

At least we have secured planning permission and own the land that it will sit on.

Peevemor
03-12-2009, 05:49 AM

Says who?

In any case, Hibs never made a big song and dance about building a new stand - unlike some.

Andy74
03-12-2009, 09:45 AM
What is their debt?

Is it an exact amount or does Vlad stick a pin in the financial times and rad out the nearest number?

£40 million minimum and losses still being added every year.

bobbyhibs1983
03-12-2009, 09:55 AM
What is their debt?

how dare you my freind,Domt you know hearts have no debt and owe money to themself?:confused:

ye confuses me as well, but the figures you quote seem to be right,but who knows

Hibercelona
03-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Last time I checked, their debt was around the 35 million mark.

That was about a week ago....

So I reckon its at 40 million now. :wink:

Kato
03-12-2009, 12:29 PM

I'm s******ing.

The East "stand", whatever it's faults hasn't got any safety issues putting it in jeopardy.

The Swiney Stand, which resembles a tattered lean-to more and more as each season passes, is a death trap which will have to go at some point.

Sunny1875
04-12-2009, 04:21 AM

Yes it will its just being stored in lots and lots and really lots of cardboard boxes

Sunny1875
04-12-2009, 04:30 AM
Last time I checked, their debt was around the 35 million mark.

That was about a week ago....

So I reckon its at 40 million now. :wink:

There is no debt ... dont you know its all made up by Hobo financiers and rumours spouted by the hobo sycophants in the media.

The situation is under control ....
unlike Scottish banks honest Lithuainian banks are on a sound farcical footing :greengrin

The_Todd
04-12-2009, 07:11 AM

Not entirely. Work will begin to ensure the planning permission isn't invalidated, we just don't know when the actual bricks and mortar phase will be.

Why, if Hibs have no intention of ever building it, would we go to the effort of starting the work?

Ants
04-12-2009, 07:23 PM

For all the oldies on this board, text speak is now accepted as part of English curriculum.

This is now the second time I have been picked up upon my spelling, the first was from an Uberfan, D O'D hope you aint in that category.....

Please remember, not everyone on this board is 100% articulate.....

lapsedhibee
04-12-2009, 08:52 PM
text speak is now accepted as part of English curriculum

I'm like gobsmacked 2 here that. Hope ur joking lol, lol.

Danderhall Hibs
04-12-2009, 08:58 PM

No, but 100% of us have access to spell check. :wink:

Disc O'Dave
04-12-2009, 10:11 PM
For all the oldies on this board, text speak is now accepted as part of English curriculum.

This is now the second time I have been picked up upon my spelling, the first was from an Uberfan, D O'D hope you aint in that category.....

Oh goodness no, I'm a horrendously poor fan. I don't get upset too much when things are poor on the pitch, don't get orgasmic when they go well.

I only go to home games, and often miss those when domestic obligations arise. I have to rummage through loads of unused season ticket pages to get to the relevant one. Of course, the new swipe card thingy will help hide my shame.

However, I'll never apologise for making that small effort to help people throughout the country better themselves. :wink: Anything else, quite frankly, is a rarely accurate use of the phrase "PC gone mad"

Try not to take it personally - it was the fact that "txt spk" was used on a comment extolling the virtues of an educational establishment. Nothing too heavy man. Note the smiley thing after the comment. :thumbsup:

On a side note, would an extremely dedicated Yam be a "tuberfan"?

degenerated
04-12-2009, 10:47 PM

:rules: is :rules: i'm afraid :stirrer:

All posts must be written in English, Nae text speak, ya radges..

if you don't believe me have a wee look :greengrin