PDA

View Full Version : Hibbies in the Falkirk area?

murray26
02-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Alright folks, new poster here, Are there many people on here from the Falkirk area? I was just wondering if i was one of the only ones like.

lyonhibs
02-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Alright folks, new poster here, Are there many people on here from the Falkirk area? I was just wondering if i was one of the only ones like.

Sadly you're not.......................... :greengrin:devil:

Bayern Bru
02-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I believe FalkirkHibee is from your area :cool2: and there's a couple of others from there too.

CropleyWasGod
02-12-2009, 12:33 PM
LTFF

:greengrin

Petrie's Tache
02-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Few from Bo'ness also.

Baba O'riley
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM
I've lived in Falkirk for just over 7 years now.....

Ceske Bairn
02-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Support your local team!!! :wink:

Petrie's Tache
02-12-2009, 01:32 PM

I follow Bo'ness Utd also:wink:

murray26
02-12-2009, 01:46 PM

Originally from Edinburgh but i've been in the Falkirk area for about 11 years now, it does bug me the amount of OF fans from around here though mate.

lapsedhibee
02-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally from Edinburgh but i've been in the Falkirk area for about 11 years now, it does bug me the amount of OF fans from around here though mate.

They might well have been originally from Edinburgh too, though, so wot's yer beef? :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
02-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Hunners and hunners in Falkirk District.:wink:

Spike Mandela
02-12-2009, 04:21 PM
The Alloa Hibs supporters club picks up in Grangemouth if any of you Falkirk punters are interested (see the bus section)

Dashing Bob S
02-12-2009, 04:23 PM

I think Falkirk Hibs might be from there. Send him a PM. Ehr...you're Palestinian by any chance?

CMac1988
02-12-2009, 04:34 PM
I think Falkirk Hibs might be from there. Send him a PM. Ehr...you're Palestinian by any chance?

Brilliant! :faf:

Falkirk Hibby
02-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Despite the username, I'm in a little village near Cambridge now. Still have a flat in Falkirk though, a handy base for when I am up at games...

Sir David Gray
02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Sadly you're not.......................... :greengrin:devil:

I can just feel the love this Christmas period. It's so touching. :wink:

I'll be only too pleased to speak with this guy, even if he is Palestinian.

As long as he writes to me in English, though! :greengrin

Hello, nice to see another Falkirk based Hibs fan on here. As others have already said to you, I am also from the 'speckled church'

ArabHibee
02-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Welcome Murray. Don't post anything too controversial too quickly.:wink:

I can just feel the love this Christmas period. It's so touching. :wink:

I'll be only too pleased to speak with this guy, even if he is Palestinian.

As long as he writes to me in English, though! :greengrin

Hello, nice to see another Falkirk based Hibs fan on here. As others have already said to you, I am also from the 'speckled church'

Mibbe he'll give you a leaflet in English about it? :dizzy::cool2:

murray26
02-12-2009, 05:01 PM
I was just wondering why theres never been a supporters club from this area, i imagine its because of lack of numbers/interest, i might take up Spikes offer of that supporters bus, where about in Grangemouth do you pick up mate?.

Spike Mandela
02-12-2009, 05:53 PM
I was just wondering why theres never been a supporters club from this area, i imagine its because of lack of numbers/interest, i might take up Spikes offer of that supporters bus, where about in Grangemouth do you pick up mate?.

At the bus stop on the Glenburgh road just before The Grange manor or further on at the layby on Beancross road just before joining the M9.

If you contact Craig on 01259 753071 you could pretty much arrange to be picked up anywhere nearby, 12.40ish

budboy38
02-12-2009, 06:42 PM
lived in grangemouth for 2 year now, due to work commitments. falkirks a no bad wee toon tho.(handy when hibs are "away" to falkirk :thumbsup:

chrisski33
02-12-2009, 11:25 PM
im in polmont. Moved here yr ago from newhaven.

Rodsterino
03-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Been in Falkirk 20 yrs...cabbie here now. Originally from Stockbridge.

Petrie's Tache
03-12-2009, 11:07 AM
lived in grangemouth for 2 year now, due to work commitments. falkirks a no bad wee toon tho.(handy when hibs are "away" to falkirk :thumbsup:

Where you work pal? Big chemical complex per chance?

Petrie's Tache
03-12-2009, 11:09 AM

Right mate gies ur number as I would rather use a Hibby for my tooing and froing. Also need one for Sat night.

Hibercelona
03-12-2009, 11:19 AM
There is quite a fair few number of miserable bassas on here.

So you can argue that a fair few are from Falkirk. :wink: :devil: :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
03-12-2009, 12:00 PM
:faf: fae a Fifer!!!!

KenN
03-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Although originally from Edinburgh, I have been in sunny Bo'ness for 7/8 years now !

murray26
03-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Cheers for all the replys guys/ gals, nice to know theres a fair few of us Hibby's through this kneck of the woods:thumbsup:how many of you attend games regular? me ma sis and my boy have season tickets and go to some away games when we can.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
03-12-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm in Falkirk, been here six years. Isn't a bad place, especially since the Rangers "shoap" was shut down! :greengrin

hhibs
03-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Rumford for nearly 30 years.

LOng time Hibee a bit lapsed as I used to travel overseas a lot with work.

Took early retirement and now travel overseas a lot,to keep a tan!:thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
03-12-2009, 06:36 PM

is every taxi in falkirk called bruce :greengrin

chrisski33
03-12-2009, 06:43 PM
lol i say that to my wife esp when they keep passing our house unless bruce is stalking us!

weststandhibby
03-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Been through in Brightons for 18 years now- still got my season ticket and get to as many away games as i can. :notworthy:

Sir David Gray
03-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Cheers for all the replys guys/ gals, nice to know theres a fair few of us Hibby's through this kneck of the woods:thumbsup:how many of you attend games regular? me ma sis and my boy have season tickets and go to some away games when we can.

I've got a season ticket for the West Stand and go to as many away games as I can manage.

I'm also pleased to see so many Falkirk based Hibs fans on here, I didn't realise that there was such a number.

It would be interesting to hear how many of those Falkirk based fans were actually born and raised in Falkirk (like me) or if they were born in Edinburgh and have just moved through to Falkirk for work or other reasons.

green leaves
03-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Im near,just up the road in sunny Cowie.travel on the train to home games,always a few Hibbys from Stirling,Larbert,Falkirk and Polmont,but not Camelon for some reason.

I know there the Alloa bus,which unfortunatley aint very handy for me,just wish there was a Stirling/Falkirk bus

brightons hibby
04-12-2009, 12:36 AM
I used to live in reddingmuirhead, but been in seattle for 18 years.
followed the Hibs home and away every week till i moved over here. My brother lives in Wallacestone, Hibby also.:notworthy:

Lucius Apuleius
04-12-2009, 05:38 AM

Call 05 hundred 636 O O O

hibeesteve
04-12-2009, 01:38 PM
loads of hibbies in falkirk! think i might be the only one from slamannan area though!

murray26
04-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Im near,just up the road in sunny Cowie.travel on the train to home games,always a few Hibbys from Stirling,Larbert,Falkirk and Polmont,but not Camelon for some reason.

I know there the Alloa bus,which unfortunatley aint very handy for me,just wish there was a Stirling/Falkirk bus

I'm in Camelon mate, i usually drive or get the train from Falkirk high, as with you the Alloa bus is a bit out the way for me but i would definitely travel on a Stirling/ Falkirk bus if one was ever formed, It could even pick up the polmont area if theres any Hibs fans up that way, how many peeps on here would use one if formed?.

Spike Mandela
04-12-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm in Camelon mate, i usually drive or get the train from Falkirk high, as with you the Alloa bus is a bit out the way for me but i would definitely travel on a Stirling/ Falkirk bus if one was ever formed, It could even pick up the polmont area if theres any Hibs fans up that way, how many peeps on here would use one if formed?.

Our bus used to run from Stirling but the numbers from that area drifted away in the 'barren' years:wink:

The Alloa branch is a long established branch and it would probably be better merging with a newly formed Falkirk branch but not sure how it could happen.

I'm sure if we suddenly got a load of names keen to become members from the Falkirk area it would be easy to arrange a Falkirk pick up.

Petrie's Tache
04-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Or get the train tae Lithgi and get picked up there?:greengrin

murray26
04-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Our bus used to run from Stirling but the numbers from that area drifted away in the 'barren' years:wink:

The Alloa branch is a long established branch and it would probably be better merging with a newly formed Falkirk branch but not sure how it could happen.

I'm sure if we suddenly got a load of names keen to become members from the Falkirk area it would be easy to arrange a Falkirk pick up.

Well i would be interested, if anyone else is feel free to add your name:thumbsup:.

Lucius Apuleius
05-12-2009, 05:15 AM

Naw we didnae, just started going by other means.:greengrin:agree: (well some of us anyways)

But the problem was touched on earlier. If I went through on the bus now I would have to get through to Grangemouth which menas I have to take the car. I am just as quick if not quicker driving all the way myself. That is because, and I know you City types might laugh at this, but the Falkirk area is a pretty big place. The bus isn't going to come to Denny to pick me up, it wouldn't go up to Slamanan or Polmont I wouldn't imagine, so where would be a central point without adding a long time to the journey for the guys and gals getting on in Alloa?