PDA

View Full Version : Official Hibs.net "Save the Hearts" campaign.

Rory89
02-12-2009, 10:23 AM
This was briefly discussed in another thread and I think we need to do this.

Could hibs.net set up a fundraiser where we try and raise a few quid (literally) to help save Hearts from their financial plight? Basically the maximum you can donate is 2p, and if enough people donate we could raise 2 or 3 pounds.

The next step is to formally offer it to Heart of Midlothian Football Club themselves, and wait to see what they say to our £2.50 cheque. I'm sure for most of us 2p is 2p more than we want to give Hearts, but it would be worth it to give them a wee tap on the head and patrionise them in such a way.

C'mon hibs.net, by the power of the people we can do this. The motto should be "Every little helps (when you're that broke)".

Mikey
02-12-2009, 10:32 AM
I've got an old sock they can have.

HenryMonk
02-12-2009, 10:34 AM

yes its very cold right now.

i wouldn't give them my last penny.

H18sry
02-12-2009, 10:35 AM

Is that the stiff one you keep under your bed :devil:

God Petrie
02-12-2009, 10:35 AM
I have 14 Italian Lira which I'm sure will prove valuable to our brothers in the west of Edinburgh as they attempt to stave off the inevitable.

Rory89
02-12-2009, 10:39 AM
"Here at hibs.net, we never put a pish football club down".

jacomo
02-12-2009, 10:39 AM
A great initiative.

I will definitely give 2p... for ease of collection, I've left it on the pavement on Easter Road. Please collect at your convenience.

Mikey
02-12-2009, 10:40 AM
"Here at hibs.net, we never put a pish football club down".

:thumbsup:

hibbie02
02-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Get them to allow us to present the cheque and Mikey's crusty sock on the pitch at half time at Tynie when we go there next. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
02-12-2009, 10:45 AM
How about we collect all our unwanted cutlery and sell it for scrap? We could have a big totaliser which lights up every time we reach a milestone. It's bound to bring comfort to Johnny Yam as he shivers in the cold and contemplates the twin prospects of homelessness and loss of hope.

Come on, it's the least we can do for a group of people who have brought much mirth to us without thinking about it.

£1 will buy a Russian hat for a middle aged man.
£5 will allow the Yams to double their toilet cleaning bill.
£10 buys a phone card for a stoat the ba' trying to keep up with his loved ones.
£100 buys a subscription to the only unbiased sports coverage available to the Yam - strictlykaunus.com

Surely we haven't forgotten what it's like to be a wee team struggling against social prejudice and the criminal tendancies of our board and fans. Stand Up and Be Counted (is this right?).

Rory89
02-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Click.

Click.

Click.

Click.

Click.

Every 3 seconds Christian Nade abuses himself on Big Mac's and Smarties.

(Don't) Make Hearts History.

cabbageandribs1875
02-12-2009, 10:56 AM
if someone can set up a paypal link for this i would certainly contribute a minimum of 2p, always more than happy to help out a 'once' proud institution(and they used to be a scottish club as well) :agree: lets make this happen :hnet:

Rory89
02-12-2009, 11:00 AM
if someone can set up a paypal link for this i would certainly contribute a minimum of 2p, always more than happy to help out a 'once' proud institution(and they used to be a scottish club as well) :agree: lets make this happen :hnet:
That's the spirit.

Poverty is not acceptable.

Hibs7
02-12-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't get this charity appeal for the Jumbo's.... they have NO DEBT it is owned by a bank, which in turn is owned, by another bank which in turn thier revered owner Mad Vlad has shares in, NO I wouldn't give them my last penny either. :notworthy:

Oh and they are not skint and don't have to sell their best players in January so there !!!

hibbie02
02-12-2009, 11:03 AM
How about selling pegs outside Tynie and offering them a donation from the proceeds (after costs, taxes and labour charges of course). Should raise enough to buy Nade a pokey chips.... :agree:

Peevemor
02-12-2009, 11:07 AM
If somebody has the number, I'll fax them a tenner. :agree:

Bayern Bru
02-12-2009, 11:12 AM
If anyone is in line to receive a Christmas bonus, how about donating 5% of it to (Empty)Chest, Hearts and Broke (Scotland)?

Every little bit helps.

Forza Fred
02-12-2009, 11:23 AM
I was going to sell pegs from my caravan and give them the proceeds, but I see someone is already doing the peg thing.

Anyaway, I already gave at the office

Baldy Foghorn
02-12-2009, 11:26 AM
I would not give that lot the steam off my turd..........:bye::jamboak:

Toaods
02-12-2009, 11:46 AM
I would not give that lot the steam off my turd..........:bye::jamboak:

me too.........could always send the turd though. :******:

3pm
02-12-2009, 11:53 AM
The only thing they'll get off me is 2 fingers. And they only get 2 cos I am making an effort....usually it'd be 1.

bobbyhibs1983
02-12-2009, 12:04 PM
a very good cause imo:thumbsup:

but im a lil worried, In the o.p's post he mentions a cheque for £2.50.
Now if we raise this vast amount and offer it to them, then are we like making a take over bid?:confused:

Kato
02-12-2009, 12:17 PM
I have half a ripped five euro note which is worthless.

However they can't have that as at some point I might buy a hamster and I would need it to make the cage more comfy.

They can have the fluff out of my pocket, if Vlad personally comes round to pick it up.

ALF TUPPER
02-12-2009, 12:29 PM
An honourable suggestion.

I'd be happy to donate lots of pees all over tynie :cool2:

Greentinted
02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Someone give Geldof and Bono a buzz: the heavyweight professional beggars are always willing to jump on a rent-a-cause bandwagon.

1875godsgift
02-12-2009, 12:48 PM
I too have a single sock surplus to requirements. I'm sure the hertz wouldn't turn their noses up at a mis-matched pair in their present plight?
Christian 'Goal Machine' Nade could use them as crusty mittens to keep his lickle hands warm during the bleak winter months.

cabbageandribs1875
02-12-2009, 01:33 PM
ok i'm gonna up the anti here, i would also like to donate a couple of 100W light bulbs for that 'still to be fixed' floodlight at the PBS :agree: would be nice if we could all show a little xmas spirit towards that once proud club:agree:

khib70
02-12-2009, 01:42 PM
I was going to sell pegs from my caravan and give them the proceeds, but I see someone is already doing the peg thing.

Anyaway, I already gave at the office
Why not just donate the pegs, mate. They must require several dozen, industrial strength pegs just to keep Nade's shirt on the line of a washday.

Helpful definition of the word "washday" for any yams looking in

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/washday

HibeeB
02-12-2009, 01:50 PM
2p or not 2p

http://www.concentric.net/%7Emarlowe/olivier_hamlet3.jpg

Naw, **** 'em :bye:

sleeping giant
02-12-2009, 04:30 PM

What colour is it ?

GC
02-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Click.

Click.

Click.

Click.

Click.

Every 3 seconds Christian Nade abuses himself on Big Mac's and Smarties.

(Don't) Make Hearts History.

That's brilliant :faf:

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Save them? wouldnae pish on them if they were on fire

:jamboak:

Bostonhibby
02-12-2009, 05:37 PM

Is it left or right? as I have a spare one as well and I would rather make an offer for it that give those barstewards it. Alternatively, surely there must be a more deserving long john silver impersonator out there.?

GC
02-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Save them? wouldnae pish on them if they were on fire

Aye but having them rely on us to keep going is much more worthwhile.

Think of the fun we could have with them.

Hire Nade out to that tire place just along from the wisp anytime they wanted.

Clum could be guest of honour at CC's

We could get them doing whatever we wanted.

Bostonhibby
02-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Okay then, not sure how its going to help them but I am happy to do my bit. Maybe Mr Vlad could use it as part of his dancing ensemble?

Irish_Steve
02-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Sometimes I get really depressed at the level of this message board. Our biggest rivals are in a financial mess and all we can do is offer to give 2p each?? I would really miss the derby if they disappeared.

To that end, I offer to give them something more than 2p. I have 20m in Northern Banks notes they can have!

Minder
02-12-2009, 06:56 PM
When the balloon goes pop you will be able to buy them for a £1, will have to give an undertaking to take whats left of the debt on though. Also no ground.:greengrin

HibeeUnderwood
03-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Although it thrills me to see Hearts struggle on with all these woes, I would hate to see them go :agree: nobody else could fill the other place in the edinburgh derby! :agree:

After all, its coming up for a festive time of year, slip them a couple of quid or whatever else you can afford to give. No matter how you feel about them, we all share the same world. :agree:

Feed the Jambos
Let them know its Christmas time
:thumbsup:

Calvin
03-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Sometimes I get really depressed at the level of this message board. Our biggest rivals are in a financial mess and all we can do is offer to give 2p each?? I would really miss the derby if they disappeared.

To that end, I offer to give them something more than 2p. I have 20m in Northern Banks notes they can have!

I share these sentiments. Unfortunately I can only afford 2p but received an email from a Mr Solomon Kwasapon of Nigeria offering me a share of $30m. I am sure they would jump at the chance so passed on their details.

legends of 73
03-12-2009, 08:16 AM
i can give them the fluff out of my belly button everyday for a year,they could yarn it and make a nice big blanket to keep them warm poor wee souls:greengrin

:notworthy:

Phil D. Rolls
03-12-2009, 06:47 PM
WEE AIRDRIE JAMBO AGREES!!!
(from Block C HMP Greenock)

Gerard
03-12-2009, 07:35 PM
We will soon be enetering the season of Good Will.... we can afford to be kind and generous to the 'Big Team'( with debt) Hibs are the small team( little debt, owning our training centre, developing young players and having sound finances........
We should offer them the chance to share our stadium on a pay as you go basis. It will let them emjoy the benefits of a safe modern stadium and in the future woulld make it easier for their next generation to support Hibs.
Happy Christmas all Hearts fans
Gerard

sixtwo
03-12-2009, 08:35 PM
They would default on the rent payments!

Gerard
03-12-2009, 08:40 PM
They would default on the rent payments!

They would pay in advance for every time they use our stadium and would pay a depoist to pay for any damage caused to our ground by their fans.
Gerard

18/03/07
03-12-2009, 08:51 PM
I remember when Gary Mackay and his pathetic followers had the save our hearts shop in gorgay rd,I put 0.7 (1p coins) in the letterbox

Saorsa
03-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I remember when Gary Mackay and his pathetic followers had the save our hearts shop in gorgay rd,I put 0.7 (1p coins) in the letterboxhttp://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/turd4.gif is the only thing I'd put in their letterbox

WarringtonHibee
03-12-2009, 11:21 PM
I can only spare a single peg. :boo hoo: