PDA

View Full Version : Hibs V Hearts charity...who should get the money????

Rivals
01-12-2009, 11:12 PM
The Edinburgh Charity Game between Hearts and Hibs fans is now entering its 5th year and has now been renamed Rivals4Charity.

Having raised over £40,000 for charities within the Edinburgh area over the years we have decided to let the public decide which charity should benefit from the 2010 match.

During the month of December, Rivals4Charity are giving you the chance to decide which charity becomes the beneficiaries of the 2010 Charity match between Hearts and Hibs fans which will be played at Spartans Stadium at the end of May.

Please help us decide which charity to give the cash to this time round by visiting us at www.rivals4charity.co.uk (http://www.rivals4charity.co.uk) and have a look at which charities are up for selection and choose your favourite.
You will have to register to vote but please do.

Hibs have won 3 out of the 4 previous matches...going for 4 in a row :wink:

Anyone interested in applying to attend the trials, you will have to register to recieve the info when the time comes. it only takes seconds guys.

Glory Glory To the Hibees:notworthy:

So whos up for putting themselves forward to take on the Jambos

Mister P
01-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Admin, any chance of a sticky for this :greengrin

Rory89
01-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Someone who really needs the money like Romanian orphans, African hospitals or Hearts.

Mister P
01-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Someone who really needs the money like Romanian orphans, African hospitals or Hearts.

One of the first suggestions put in place was that this event would be only for local based charities so that rules out the orphans and Africans.

as for Hertz.....:faf::faf::faf::faf:

:wink:

Mister P
01-12-2009, 11:57 PM
a wee taster.....anyone fancy a piece of this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/charitygame2009/3422399280/

Rory89
02-12-2009, 12:01 AM
One of the first suggestions put in place was that this event would be only for local based charities so that rules out the orphans and Africans.

as for Hertz.....:faf::faf::faf::faf:

:wink:

Oops, just noticed it was for charities in Edinburgh.

I've had a thought, even if us Hibbies don't want to see Hearts recover from their situation, maybe we should organise a seperate event to help raise money for Hearts. I'm sure most of us don't want to give them a penny but how funny would it be for us to patrionise them by giving them a few quid and a pat on the head. Given their irrational sense of dominance it would feel like your little brother giving you pocket money. :faf:

Could Hibs.net set up a "Save the Hearts" campaign? We could donate £3 between us all and offer it to the club.

Edit: If people like the idea I'll start a thread and try to get 100 people to donate 1p, then we'll see if Hearts accept our £1 cheque.

gilliecabbage
02-12-2009, 06:47 AM

I've had a thought, even if us Hibbies don't want to see Hearts recover from their situation, maybe we should organise a seperate event to help raise money for Hearts. I'm sure most of us don't want to give them a penny but how funny would it be for us to patrionise them by giving them a few quid and a pat on the head. Given their irrational sense of dominance it would feel like your little brother giving you pocket money. :faf:

Could Hibs.net set up a "Save the Hearts" campaign? We could donate £3 between us all and offer it to the club.

Edit: If people like the idea I'll start a thread and try to get 100 people to donate 1p,

:top markstheyd bite ur hand off!!

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2009, 07:22 AM

Edit: If people like the idea I'll start a thread and try to get 100 people to donate 1p, then we'll see if Hearts accept our £1 cheque.

But when they go to cash it in, make sure there is not sufficient funds in place, and let them have a little of their own medicine,:greengrin

Toaods
02-12-2009, 11:29 AM
What about this local one...

http://www.hibs.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=810&Itemid=1

benefits all sex, shapes and sizes

... (even Jambos) :cool2:

Mister P
02-12-2009, 06:52 PM
What about this local one...

http://www.hibs.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=810&Itemid=1

benefits all sex, shapes and sizes

... (even Jambos) :cool2:

nice article mate. Unfortuntely the 3 who are being voted on have been promised so we couldnt pass the funds on to anyone else. We are always looking for potential charities for future years though.

Leithenhibby
04-12-2009, 10:10 PM
nice article mate. Unfortuntely the 3 who are being voted on have been promised so we couldnt pass the funds on to anyone else. We are always looking for potential charities for future years though.

That sounds like a deal...:wink: :notworthy: