PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 2010

Gatecrasher
01-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Surely winter testing cant be that far away....:confused:

anyway its shaping up to be a good yet strane season with some teams missing like BMW and toyota and with Renault still on the brink.

so far we have

Mclaren - Button and Hamilton
Ferrari - Massa and Alonso (possibly a 3rd car with fisi)
Red bull - Webber and Vettel
Mercedes - Rosberg and ???
Williams - Barrichello and Hulkenberg
Force India - Sutil and liuzzi
Torro Rosso - Buemi and Alguesuari
Manor - Glock and ???
Campos - Senna and ???
USF1 - ??? and ???
Lotus ??? and ???

has there been confirmation that sauber will take over BMW?

New Rules:

KERS is allowed although teams are expecting to not use it
Budget caps
Refuelling ban
Tyre warmer ban (how can drivers race on cold tyres :confused:)

2010 FIA Formula One World Championship Race Calendar

012010 FORMULA 1 BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Sakhir) *
12 - 14 Mar022010 FORMULA 1 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX (Melbourne) *
26 - 28 Mar032010 FORMULA 1 MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX (Kuala Lumpur) *
02 - 04 Apr042010 FORMULA 1 CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai) *
16 - 18 Apr05FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA 2010 (Catalunya) *
07 - 09 May06FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2010 (Monte Carlo) *
14 - 16 May072010 FORMULA 1 TURKISH GRAND PRIX (Istanbul) *
28 - 30 May08FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2010 (Montreal) *
11 - 13 Jun092010 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE (Valencia) *
25 - 27 Jun102010 FORMULA 1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Donington Park) *
09 - 11 Jul11FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2010 (Hockenheim) *
23 - 25 Jul12FORMULA 1 ING MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2010 (Budapest) *
30 Jul - 01 Aug132010 FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps) *
27 - 29 Aug14FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2010 (Monza) *
10 - 12 Sep152010 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore) *
24 - 26 Sep162010 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX (Suzuka) *
01 - 03 Oct172010 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX (Korea) *
15 - 17 Oct182010 FORMULA 1 ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (Yas Marina Circuit) *
29 - 31 Oct19FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2010 (Sao Paulo) *12 - 14 Nov

Canada is back!!!

no news on british this lineup is provisional (although i see valencia is still there :yawn:)

anything iv missed? - im missing it already :agree:

James.
02-12-2009, 10:57 PM
has there been confirmation that sauber will take over BMW?

Should be announced mid-December that Sauber have the last slot. Young drivers test in Jerez this week, Scotland's Paul di Resta second yesterday and fourth today in the Force India.

Jack
03-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Interesting times ahead but I still don’t think those meanies who admin this forum will give out any vbuttons for the fantasy league – this will be my 3rd year of asking :grr:

sleeping giant
03-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Should be announced mid-December that Sauber have the last slot. Young drivers test in Jerez this week, Scotland's Paul di Resta second yesterday and fourth today in the Force India.

You sound well clued up AH !!:greengrin

Are you involved in the sport ?

James.
03-12-2009, 05:07 PM
You sound well clued up AH !!:greengrin

Are you involved in the sport ?

Haha, no I'm a nursery teacher which couldn't be further removed from the glamour of F1.

Sauber now confirmed - earlier than expected. Renault are selling up to Prodrive apparently.

OtterHibee
07-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Silverstone now confirmed on a 17 year deal - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80466 :thumbsup:

Hibhibhooray
08-12-2009, 10:50 PM
But, will Schumi take the second seat at Mercedes!!! If Bernie gets his way its on, Schumi is not saying no....:confused:

Gatecrasher
09-12-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm very happy the British gp is here for 17 years, this will give silverstone the chance to redevelope as well

Hibhibhooray
11-12-2009, 12:17 AM
A new scoring system is being put in place for the coming season with the top 10 now scoring points. Points will be scored as follows...

1st 25pts
2nd 20pts
3rd 15pts
4th 10pts
5th 8pts
6th 6pts
7th 5pts
8th 3pts
9th 2pts
10th 1pt

Will this encourage drivers racing until the end of a race rather than settling for finishing a couple of points behind a rival or will it mean the title will be wrapped up incredibly early, not sure about this one.....

shagpile
11-12-2009, 09:14 PM
A new scoring system is being put in place for the coming season with the top 10 now scoring points. Points will be scored as follows...

1st 25pts
2nd 20pts
3rd 15pts
4th 10pts
5th 8pts
6th 6pts
7th 5pts
8th 3pts
9th 2pts
10th 1pt

Will this encourage drivers racing until the end of a race rather than settling for finishing a couple of points behind a rival or will it mean the title will be wrapped up incredibly early, not sure about this one.....

It will as usual, depend on how many drivers have competetive machinery.

Had the points system been in operation last year Button would have won it by more, but the previous season Massa would have beaten Hamilton. The only good thing about it is that it should reward the winning[est] driver.

As for the British GP at Silverstone, Bernie was left with little option than give it back to the Northamptonshire track with Donington having made an arse of it.
Funny how Silverstone was 'out of date, not fit to hold a GP & past its sell by date' & with a new pits complex on its way everything is hunky dory.
Having visited it for this years GP for the first time in 10 years it really hasn't changed much for the spectator[unless you have corporate entry!]
Sorry Bernie you've had a fair old suck of the sauce bottle ,but now its time for you to exit stage left & go back to selling second hand motors in the East End 'mate'.
Your continual threatening of track owners to 'upgrade or no GP' seems selective at best & simple money grabbing at worst & someone should make a stand & tell you to shove it. In fact every circuit owner should do so.

The one big plus for me this year will be the return of Lotus, the team i grew up with.
I only hope they give the drive[s] to some young guy[s] with something to prove, not some has been.

James.
13-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Mercedes and Schumacher have apparently verbally agreed to a contract for 2010 now.

Hibhibhooray
14-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Schumi getting £20 million squid for next year as long as the Ferrari head man lets him go, seems to be the only thing which might prevent this.

Lotus have confirmed Jarno Trulli & Heikki Kovalainen as their driver line up, thought it might have been better having an up and coming driver instead of Heikki, maybe to do with money he can bring in, big year for him needs a steady season with some consistancy:agree:

Barney McGrew
23-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Schumacher now confirmed as the second Mercedes driver for 2010

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8427552.stm

OtterHibee
23-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Schumacher now confirmed as the second Mercedes driver for 2010

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8427552.stm

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Brilliant. Can't wait till next season now. Brawn-Schumacher again :woohoo: Shame it's not with Ferrari, but that is one hell of a Christmas present. :thumbsup:

Schumi: absolute legend :not worth

heidtheba
23-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Well it will make for a heck of an interesting championship so 'woohooo'. Always thought it was a bit shabby that he never raced for Merc after they paid $100,000 for his few minutes in the Belgian GP of 91. Watched my Le Mans 91 highlights and he was always blisteringly quick.
Hope Rubinho does well this year. He once lent me an umbrella and was a top guy!

hibiedude
24-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Schumachers return is great news for the sport and with Alonso now at Ferrari I can't wait till it all starts in BAHRAIN. :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
03-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Thats testing well under way now, the new virgin car looks decent, designed only using computer, thats a bit of a risk no?? :confused:

Hainan Hibs
04-02-2010, 12:49 AM
I hope the Scottish guy becomes a 1st or 2nd driver soonish, it's not been the same without a Scottish guy to cheer on:boo hoo:

HibbyScott
04-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Thats testing well under way now, the new virgin car looks decent, designed only using computer, thats a bit of a risk no?? :confused:

Not really if its done properly. CFD has come a long way in the last wee while, and if the right people are programming it and analysing the results, it will be just like running wind tunnel models, except incurring a fraction of the cost. All of the teams (apart from Virgin obviously :wink:) run CFD analysis alongside the wind tunnel data and will compare the 2 sets, and the vast majority of the time the two sets will be close enough to identical.

It also produces some very pretty pictures :greengrin (http://www.cad-links.com/images/CFD.jpg)

ScottB
04-02-2010, 02:41 PM
I hope the Scottish guy becomes a 1st or 2nd driver soonish, it's not been the same without a Scottish guy to cheer on:boo hoo:

Only a matter of time I'd think, he's still on McLaren's books. He showed Vettel how things were done when they competed in the F3 Euroseries, so it bodes well that he could be good. Had Prodrive got a grid slot (crime that they didn't) I'd think he'd be racing this season.

Think Mclaren are looking strong, set good times on heavy fuel. Ferrari look quick on low fuel, not so hot heavier and apparently having concerns about their fuel consumption.

The Virgin looks a tidy design, even though it's CFD only, like most of the teams the designs are heavily influenced by last years Red Bull, so can't see them getting things too wrong. Though Renault have managed to produce a pretty rank looking thing despite their experience and old fashioned model making!

Looking forward to Red Bull launching next week too!

PeeJay
04-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Schumachers return is great news for the sport and with Alonso now at Ferrari I can't wait till it all starts in BAHRAIN. :thumbsup:

It's certainly great news in crowd-pulling terms in Germany. Here everyone is really excited about the new season, much more so than the past few years. It will be interesting to see how he maintains his extremely high standards.
I can't stand the guy myself: he's - without doubt - an exceptional driver, truly breathtaking skill at times - but he's a git. He likes to pretend he's mister nice guy, but "Fair Play" is not his scene: never was and never will be, pity really because he has everything else it takes to be the greatest ever F1 driver (if one can speak of such a thing!). Too many shady/dubious moments in his cv for me, and he chooses to pay his taxes in a country run by gangsters.
I'll never forgive him for deliberately driving into Damon Hill all those years ago :grr: ... he's the Ronaldo of Formula 1: he has all the skill, but he cheats and dives too often to win everyone over.

LancsHibs
04-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Really looking forward to the F1 season, can't wait:thumbsup:

Looks to be a really interesting season with Shumacher back, a new Lotus team, the Button/Hamilton contest & the whole TeamGB/McLaren vrs Team Germany Mercedes thing going on:greengrin

Oh and well done Paul di Resta hope he gets a drive for Force India before the season ends, a new Scot to support, there was something missing last season with no DC:thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
04-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Cannae wait for the new season to start :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will be good to see Scheuy still has it :agree:

ScottB
04-02-2010, 10:41 PM

Seems to have the measure of Rosberg so far... Though Merc are looking a little off pace, got a few problems so far!

James.
05-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Only a matter of time I'd think, he's still on McLaren's books. He showed Vettel how things were done when they competed in the F3 Euroseries, so it bodes well that he could be good. Had Prodrive got a grid slot (crime that they didn't) I'd think he'd be racing this season.

He'll be a Force India driver in 2011 no question, maybe even sooner if Luizzi underpeforms this year.

ScottB
05-02-2010, 01:49 PM
He'll be a Force India driver in 2011 no question, maybe even sooner if Luizzi underpeforms this year.

Assuming FI survive! Seems they are worse at filling accounts than the Yams and are facing a dissolution order if they aren't sorted by the end of the month...

I'd think Mclaren will ease him into a seat somewhere next year certainly, if he does well he should get the chance to replace Button in 2012 or 2013...

LancsHibs
05-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Paul di Resta. Anybody know what football team he supports:devil:

Gatecrasher
13-02-2010, 12:28 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8513511.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8513511.stm)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/norfolk/hi/people_and_places/newsid_8513000/8513620.stm
Lotus car is here :cool2:

LancsHibs
16-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Great racing colours, loving it:thumbsup:

Hank Schrader
17-02-2010, 08:41 AM

Strange for me to say but I am really looking forward to it too!

Gatecrasher
07-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Lada join F1
:faf:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8549995.stm
:devil:

Gatecrasher
12-03-2010, 09:19 PM
did anyone watch practice today?? the cars look great especially lotus :thumbsup:

iv got a feeling hispania lotus and virgin are going to be a bit behind the group but you never know

Ed De Gramo
12-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Scheuy 3rd fastest :thumbsup:

James.
12-03-2010, 11:04 PM
did anyone watch practice today?? the cars look great especially lotus :thumbsup:

iv got a feeling hispania lotus and virgin are going to be a bit behind the group but you never know

Now there's an understatement, they remind me of the Lola team back in 1997. Although I can understand the HRT being off pace as it's never been on a race track.

I've got a feeling Button's going to win this weekend.

NOLA
12-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Lada join F1
:faf:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8549995.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8549995.stm)
:devil:

Methinks Mr Vitaly Petrov better hit the ground running or a trip to Siberia looks likely:devil:

James.
13-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Vettel on pole for tomorrow then with Massa taking second off of Fernando Alonso at the death. Schumacher is well off the pace in comparison to Rosberg and Hamilton looked a bit sloppy out there.

Oh and my Button prediction is looking like a load of nonsense already :agree:

Gatecrasher
14-03-2010, 09:49 AM
is the bbc web site showing the GP live like last year??

MON the Mclarens, but i think alonso will win:greengrin

Barney McGrew
14-03-2010, 10:46 AM
but i think alonso will win:greengrin

Looks like he has a pretty good chance :agree:

Ed De Gramo
14-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Result:

1st: Alonso
2nd: Massa
3rd: Hamilton
4th: Vettel
5th Rosberg
6th Schumacher
7th: Button
8th: Webber
9th: Liuzzi
10th: Barrichello

Thought it was a pretty decent race but have to have some sympathy for Vettel. He was leading the race for about 34 laps then his exhaust packed in...:boo hoo:

Button didn't have the best of races and Schumacher will come good again with a few more races under his belt.

Gotta love Martin Brundle when on air he suddenly says 'that car is sick, did you hear that, Vettel's car is sick!' :top marks

James.
14-03-2010, 06:01 PM
If it wasn't for the fact I had been starved of Formula One for four months I would say that was an absolute stinker of a race.

Ferrari and Red Bull look well matched but how on earth are they going to be able to overtake each other apart from at the start? Without differing fuel levels the cars are pretty much pegged. Button was right when he said qualifying is going to be important, in fact at the moment it looks like races will be decided on the Saturday and we'll a procession around the track on Sunday.

On a positive note, it was great seeing Alonso win again and Kamui Kobayashi was on his usual form, it wasn't mentioned on the BBC, but he overtook FOUR on the first lap. Love that guy!

NOLA
14-03-2010, 07:15 PM
If it wasn't for the fact I had been starved of Formula One for four months I would say that was an absolute stinker of a race.

Ferrari and Red Bull look well matched but how on earth are they going to be able to overtake each other apart from at the start? Without differing fuel levels the cars are pretty much pegged. Button was right when he said qualifying is going to be important, in fact at the moment it looks like races will be decided on the Saturday and we'll a procession around the track on Sunday.

On a positive note, it was great seeing Alonso win again and Kamui Kobayashi was on his usual form, it wasn't mentioned on the BBC, but he overtook FOUR on the first lap. Love that guy!

Agree, if you don't overtake in the 1st 2 laps then it's as you were for the next30/40 laps barring retirements, so the only real action we'll see is in the final 20 laps, was looking forward to today but it left me disappointed, only plus for me is Alonso winning as he is my pick to be champion again.

Barney McGrew
28-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Cracking GP this week, best one for a long time. Crashes, overtaking, and everything else you'd want.

Including a JB win :greengrin

robinp
28-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Jenson showed again today how smooth and talented he is - he ran 40 odd laps on those soft tyres and was super quick at the end!

Gatecrasher
28-03-2010, 12:15 PM
superb stuff from JB :thumbsup:

unlucky lewis, better luck next time :)

James.
28-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Today's GP gets :top marks

What a difference a race can make eh? After the bore in Bahrain I cannot wait for Malaysia!

Excellent call by Jenson Button to change to slicks earlier than the rest and that was the difference maker today, Red Bull should of called their drivers in as soon as they saw Button's lap time and ultimately it cost Mark Webber. Have never seen so many driver errors at the front of a race than today - I think Kubica and Vettel were the only two front runners who never ran off the track at some point showing just how tough the drying conditions were.

NOLA
28-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Never liked lewis hamilton as a person, but as a driver he is super quick, maybe if he stopped acting like a boy racer off the track his mind would be more focused during quali, and as for criticising your team during the race :tsk tsk: giruy

Gatecrasher
29-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Never liked lewis hamilton as a person, but as a driver he is super quick, maybe if he stopped acting like a boy racer off the track his mind would be more focused during quali, and as for criticising your team during the race :tsk tsk: giruy

his team ruined his chances for a Mclaren 1/2 finish, do you expect him to be happy about that? plus his individual championship suffers as well?

Personally i thought he should have waited untill after the race but i dont think doing what he did matters so much, he wasnt going past Alonso and was secure for 5th easy untill webber pranged him.

but hey its lewis hamilton, he's the only one that makes mistakes, right?

Marabou Stork
29-03-2010, 12:10 PM
his team ruined his chances for a Mclaren 1/2 finish, do you expect him to be happy about that? plus his individual championship suffers as well?

Personally i thought he should have waited untill after the race but i dont think doing what he did matters so much, he wasnt going past Alonso and was secure for 5th easy untill webber pranged him.

but hey its lewis hamilton, he's the only one that makes mistakes, right?

That doesn't fly. The driver has an input into strategy in the race as well.

Put it this way, Schumacher in his heyday would never have done the same thing. Sheer naiveté from Hamilton.

Gatecrasher
29-03-2010, 12:20 PM
That doesn't fly. The driver has an input into strategy in the race as well.

Put it this way, Schumacher in his heyday would never have done the same thing. Sheer naiveté from Hamilton.

since its only his 4th year he is still reletively new to F1 considering some of his rivals, surely that would be expected from time to time?

Also did you not hear the radio message? as he was under the impression that the other cars still had to stop, so maybe the team didnt give him all the information, The team took a gamble when they say webbers times and it didnt pay off. IMO Hamilton has every right to be upset.

Jack
29-03-2010, 01:34 PM
The team covered all the bets.

Whinging Button was in the lead around half a lap ahead of whining Hamilton. If it had started raining again in almost every computation McLaren would have won, probably.

Kubica did it for me yesterday, very respectable. I’d rather see him in a McLaren than Button, who I never ever liked. In fact I’d rather see anyone in that [second] McLaren before Zippy.

HibbyScott
30-03-2010, 11:32 AM
The team covered all the bets.

Whinging Button was in the lead around half a lap ahead of whining Hamilton. If it had started raining again in almost every computation McLaren would have won, probably.

Kubica did it for me yesterday, very respectable. I’d rather see him in a McLaren than Button, who I never ever liked. In fact I’d rather see anyone in that [second] McLaren before Zippy.

Finally, someone else who thinks the same as me and doesn't like Button :greengrin

In my opinion - was a big gamble from McLaren that didn't come off, and cost Lewis 2nd place, so he has every right to be angry (as am I :grr:) Hopefully Malaysia next weekend will be a happier hunting ground.

The main highlight from the weekend though was a certain Mr Schumacher's race performance. Hispania's coming back at him on overtaking moves, unable to pass a Torro Rosso, and various off's etc....it's only a matter of time until he's back on the scrapheap IMO :thumbsup:

James.
30-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Finally, someone else who thinks the same as me and doesn't like Button :greengrin

In my opinion - was a big gamble from McLaren that didn't come off, and cost Lewis 2nd place, so he has every right to be angry (as am I :grr:) Hopefully Malaysia next weekend will be a happier hunting ground.

The main highlight from the weekend though was a certain Mr Schumacher's race performance. Hispania's coming back at him on overtaking moves, unable to pass a Torro Rosso, and various off's etc....it's only a matter of time until he's back on the scrapheap IMO :thumbsup:

It was di Grassi who overtook Schumacher. I think Schumacher will come good, if Alonso hadn't taken his front wing off he would never have been contending with the likes of Alguessari.

Jack
30-03-2010, 06:27 PM
if Alonso hadn't taken his front wing off he would never have been contending with the likes of Alguessari.

Thats racing though, avoid the accidents and you'll do so much better!

HibbyScott
30-03-2010, 10:09 PM
It was di Grassi who overtook Schumacher. I think Schumacher will come good, if Alonso hadn't taken his front wing off he would never have been contending with the likes of Alguessari.

Even if he should never have been down there, Nico Rosberg brought the same car home in 5th place in an extremely solid race. Therefore we can assume that there isn't a fundamental lack of pace in the car... So as far as I can see, the problem is that Schumacher currently isn't fast enough. Great driver (grudgingly admitted) in his day, but currently isn't good enough for where Mercedes want to be. He may come good later on in the season, but I see him packing it in at the end of the season, if not before

Edit: Alonso didn't have a huge say in whether or not he was taking of Schumacher's wing - Jenson Button made sure of that one

Barney McGrew
02-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Hamilton fastest in practice ahead of Vettel for Malaysia this morning.

JB back in fourth.

HibbyScott
02-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Hamilton fastest in qualifying tomorrow too will do me nicely :greengrin

Barney McGrew
03-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Right on cue, the rain starts hosing down just as Q1 qualifying begins

Should make things interesting :greengrin

Baldy
03-04-2010, 08:31 AM
did someone say Formula 1? :zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!::z zzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!::zzzzz!:

Gatecrasher
03-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Entertaining session so far the race is gonna be mental

James.
03-04-2010, 09:08 AM
What on earth were Ferrari and McLaren up to there? Good news though is that Kamui Kobayashi is going to be in the top ten :thumbsup: Gonna be a great race!

Jack
03-04-2010, 09:32 AM
What a feat by Webber in the wet!

HibbyScott
03-04-2010, 09:41 AM
What a feat by Webber in the wet!

Amazing drive by him. Should be pretty amazing tomorrow with Hamilton, Alonso & Massa coming through from the back, rain, and hopefully Schumacher going backwards :agree:

Barney McGrew
04-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Both McLarens flying, Ferrari way off the pace.

Can't see anyone catching the Red Bulls though. If their cars don't blow up again, they've got first and second sewn up.

Gatecrasher
18-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Exiting race again today and what's going on with schumacher?!?

Does anyone else think Christian horner is a smug git?

Barney McGrew
18-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Does anyone else think Christian horner is a smug git?

Only up until the race starts and RBR make a Roger Hunt of it again :greengrin

Good race again this morning, and another great call by Button with the tyres/rain sees him get another win.

jonty
18-04-2010, 01:11 PM
some exiting racing going on :agree:

wonder how many penalties will be handed out?

IMO Vettel should be hammered for forcing hamilton into the pit crew areas - no need. Both were released at the same time vettel should have q'd up :greengrin

Barney McGrew
18-04-2010, 01:17 PM
some exiting racing going on :agree:

wonder how many penalties will be handed out?

IMO Vettel should be hammered for forcing hamilton into the pit crew areas - no need. Both were released at the same time vettel should have q'd up :greengrin

They showed it afterwards again, and any fault lay with McLaren as Vettel was away again first. If Hamilton had waited the regulation distance (55m?) it wouldn't have happened

jonty
18-04-2010, 02:59 PM
They showed it afterwards again, and any fault lay with McLaren as Vettel was away again first. If Hamilton had waited the regulation distance (55m?) it wouldn't have happened
ach well. in that case Vettel should be punished because he's not in a mclaren :agree: :greengrin

James.
18-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Good race. Button looks like a tactical genius these days with his on track decisions. The McLaren tyres looked like they were almost slicks by the end of the race so he did well to keep it on the track!

Lewis Hamilton, though, is perhaps the 'dirtiest' driver out there this season for wants of a better word. Not withstanding the stupid weaving dangerously in Malaysia. I counted four incidents today, which while all not illeagal, were certainly a danger to himself and other drivers. His backtracking on the circuit to get into pits. His overtaking on Vettel going into the pits today (Alonso also pulled this one on Massa) His team sending him off nearly into the side of Vettel while in the pits and nearly taking Webber out before they had passed the safety car line as well. I'm not the biggest RBR fan but if I was Horner, Vettel or Webber I'd be seriously annoyed.

Must be another race nearer to seeing di Resta in the Force India as Liuzzi had a mare this weekend.

jonty
18-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Good race. Button looks like a tactical genius these days with his on track decisions. The McLaren tyres looked like they were almost slicks by the end of the race so he did well to keep it on the track!

Lewis Hamilton, though, is perhaps the 'dirtiest' driver out there this season for wants of a better word. Not withstanding the stupid weaving dangerously in Malaysia. I counted four incidents today, which while all not illeagal, were certainly a danger to himself and other drivers. His backtracking on the circuit to get into pits. His overtaking on Vettel going into the pits today (Alonso also pulled this one on Massa) His team sending him off nearly into the side of Vettel while in the pits and nearly taking Webber out before they had passed the safety car line as well. I'm not the biggest RBR fan but if I was Horner, Vettel or Webber I'd be seriously annoyed.

Must be another race nearer to seeing di Resta in the Force India as Liuzzi had a mare this weekend.

I thought Martin Brundle had a look at the track layout, and Vettel and Hamilton both started overtaking after the safety car line - which was before the last corner?

I wouldn't say he's dirty - but he's certainly a risk taker - something IMO F1 has missed.

Hamiltons 'last minute' change to go into the pits was baffling - team orders or did he forget where he was going? Him and Vettel were side by side on approach to the pits - both too much of racers to give way?
IIRC Alonso was further behind Massa and had no right to overtake and force Massa aside.

And so much for the mighty schumacher comeback :devil:

James.
18-04-2010, 06:26 PM
I thought Martin Brundle had a look at the track layout, and Vettel and Hamilton both started overtaking after the safety car line - which was before the last corner?

I wouldn't say he's dirty - but he's certainly a risk taker - something IMO F1 has missed.

Hamiltons 'last minute' change to go into the pits was baffling - team orders or did he forget where he was going? Him and Vettel were side by side on approach to the pits - both too much of racers to give way?
IIRC Alonso was further behind Massa and had no right to overtake and force Massa aside.

And so much for the mighty schumacher comeback :devil:

Hmmm I think it's important to differentiate between taking risks and being reckless. His overtaking of Sutil and Seb Vettel in one corner was a great example of Hamilton taking a risk and it working out, however I think the four incidents which I pointed out previously were dangerous and irresponsible decisions.

If Button continues to outperform Hamilton and puts some distance between them in the standings then it will be interesting to see how Lewis reacts on the track as much as he does off it. As I said 'dirty' wasn't the best word to describe him but perhaps 'rash' or 'reckless' was what I was looking for.

As for Schumacher; if you are a hater then it must be a real joy to watch him toil. But I wouldn't discount someone with 91 grand prix wins and 7 world championships from winning a couple of races this season and proving the doubters wrong (fingers crossed :greengrin)

jonty
18-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Hmmm I think it's important to differentiate between taking risks and being reckless. His overtaking of Sutil and Seb Vettel in one corner was a great example of Hamilton taking a risk and it working out, however I think the four incidents which I pointed out previously were dangerous and irresponsible decisions.

If Button continues to outperform Hamilton and puts some distance between them in the standings then it will be interesting to see how Lewis reacts on the track as much as he does off it. As I said 'dirty' wasn't the best word to describe him but perhaps 'rash' or 'reckless' was what I was looking for.

As for Schumacher; if you are a hater then it must be a real joy to watch him toil. But I wouldn't discount someone with 91 grand prix wins and 7 world championships from winning a couple of races this season and proving the doubters wrong (fingers crossed :greengrin)
Not so much a hater - i just intensely dislike the arrogant git. :greengrin
I get the feeling he'll quit in the huff when things dont go his way.

MyJo
18-04-2010, 09:22 PM
The problem with Schumacher is that the Merc has not been designed around him like the Ferrari's he used to drive. He was the main man at Ferrari and had a major say in the design and set up of the cars from thier earliest conception. This Merc will have been designed by the Brawn team and more than likely finalised before Schumacher signed on, plus the rules and regulations have all changed since he was last in F1, the aerodynamics of a 2010 car are hugely different to what Schumacher retired in in 2006 plus there is the lack of traction control, manual gearboxes, slick tyres etc etc that have come in. He isn't confident or comfortable in the car and it shows

jonty
19-04-2010, 06:03 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8628120.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8628120.stm)
Both given a reprimand.

Gatecrasher
29-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome welcome to Turkish qualifying on BBC Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome oh aye there are other teams and divers Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome :yawn:

James.
29-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome welcome to Turkish qualifying on BBC Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome oh aye there are other teams and divers Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome Red bull are awsome red bull are awsome red bull are awsome :yawn:

:agree: HaHa Red Bull are awesome though. Isn't as grating as the constant Kobayashi bashing from Brundle and Legard.

Gatecrasher
29-05-2010, 02:05 PM
:agree: HaHa Red Bull are awesome though. Isn't as grating as the constant Kobayashi bashing from Brundle and Legard.

There good but nearly as good as being made out to be, ferrari 800 GP's is more impressive than an unreliable but fast car IMO

Even the bloody opening credits was a red bull love in

Barney McGrew
30-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Even the bloody opening credits was a red bull love in

Coulthard is still involved with them, and I think Eddie Jordan might be too, which might explain why they get so much coverage.

That and the fact they've got pole again. :greengrin

OtterHibee
30-05-2010, 11:24 AM

:agree: And not half as irritating as ITV's obsession with Lewis Hamilton in 2007/2008.

greenlex
30-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Mon the rain !!!!!!! :greengrin

Gatecrasher
30-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I can't believe the vettel just done that

(((Fergus)))
30-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Ha ha gIRFUY ya wee high-caffeine energy drink quaffing tube :thumbsup:

lyonhibs
30-05-2010, 03:06 PM
LOL @ Vettel.