PDA

View Full Version : Question john hughes phones you up and asks you to create some new tactics/formations...

Hakim Sar
01-12-2009, 08:10 PM
What do you advise him to do differently?

Westie1875
01-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Drop Stokes to the bench and play Deek & Nish upfront in a 442 with Zouma & Galbraith on the wings.

ahibby
01-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Good question but I can't see what he is doing wrong, so I'd say just you keep doing what you are doing. I thought he took a wee gamble on Sat with the late sub but it paid off, so he gets a thumbs up from me.

zlatan
01-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Before the game select 'I expect a win'

If at half time they are losing then 'show anger to team'

If we lose, I'd tell them the performance was 'an embarrassment'

I'd also set us up with a local feeder club to get first option on their players and allow us to send youngsters to the club on loan, the feeder club has no obligation to play said players. Every year the feeder clubs would host a friendly with all money going to the feeder club.

Hakim Sar
01-12-2009, 08:23 PM

I'd also set us up with a local feeder club to get first option on their players and allow us to send youngsters to the club on loan, the feeder club has no obligation to play said players. Every year the feeder clubs would host a friendly with all money going to the feeder club.

Then make a 'board request' to expand the stadium and when Petrie blocks the application 'issue ultimatum' before fining sol bamba a weeks wages for being sent off in last match?

Bayern Bru
01-12-2009, 08:52 PM
"Hiy, Yogi. Give that Stokes boy a wee spell on the bench to try and kickstart his goalscoring exploits. And give Galbraith a chance. And if possible, could you bring back Thierry Gatheussi? :devil::greengrin"

Mikey
01-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Couple of tweaks.

Get McCormack at RB and Spoony up to RM. Move Zemmama from RM and replace Benji with him. Get Galbraith to LM and put Deek up front where he can replace Stokes.

Easy peasy :greengrin

gilliecabbage
01-12-2009, 09:00 PM
"Hiy, Yogi. Give that Stokes boy a wee spell on the bench to try and kickstart his goalscoring exploits. And give Galbraith a chance. And if possible, could you bring back Thierry Gatheussi? :devil::greengrin"

he was man of the match at the weekend :agree:

Hainan Hibs
"Have a look at Rocastle mate, perfect for the Matty Jack role:agree:"

hibsbollah
Change nothing and don't waste your time listening to ill-thought-out views on tactics from fans such as I, who are frankly not well equipped to offer advice to a professional manager such as yourself:agree:

KeithTheHibby
01-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Couple of tweaks.

Get McCormack at RB and Spoony up to RM. Move Zemmama from RM and replace Benji with him. Get Galbraith to LM and put Deek up front where he can replace Stokes.

I like!

Just Jimmy
01-12-2009, 09:03 PM
get Nish as far away from Edinburgh as possible, as soon as possible. That apart keep it going.

Bayern Bru
01-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Change nothing and don't waste your time listening to ill-thought-out views on tactics from fans such as I, who are frankly not well equipped to offer advice to a professional manager such as yourself:agree:

Sanctimonious git!
:greengrin

wee 162
01-12-2009, 09:07 PM
When Zemmama isn't fit, don't play the formation which he makes work. Change it.

down-the-slope
01-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Sanctimonious git!
:greengrin

:yawn: A show of reasoned humility rather than self righteousness surely

You won't have to look far on here to find the sanctimonious however :wink:

heretoday
01-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Put me in the no 9 position. Get Deeks and Zouma to lay it on a plate.

I will score.

And I will celebrate.

Oh yes.

yekimevol
01-12-2009, 09:17 PM
switch two 442 if keep the same players benji and stokes up front the rest is easy unless mcbride is still out the zouma goes into middle wotherspoon right mid and mccormack to right back. sub at 60 and 75 to keep team fresh with one 4 injury

Bayern Bru
01-12-2009, 09:22 PM
:yawn: A show of reasoned humility rather than self righteousness surely

You won't have to look far on here to find the sanctimonious however :wink:

It was quite obviously a show of reasoned humility. Thanks for alerting to me to the real reason behind his post though, not sure I would have managed to work it out myself.

:wink::greengrin

My "sanctimonious" post was intended as nothing but good humoured cheek, as the inane green grin was intended to show.......
:rolleyes:

ChrissyG1875
01-12-2009, 09:25 PM

Spot on! A man can dream.

Bring back Thierry!

ancient hibee
01-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Earn your own effing salary.

villager
01-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Couple of tweaks.

:agree:zemmama in the middle of the three attacking midfielders would involve him more and doing so should be high up the list of priorities.

down-the-slope
01-12-2009, 09:33 PM
It was quite obviously a show of reasoned humility. Thanks for alerting to me to the real reason behind his post though, not sure I would have managed to work it out myself.

:wink::greengrin

My "sanctimonious" post was intended as nothing but good humoured cheek, as the inane green grin was intended to show.......
:rolleyes:

:a bite:

Bayern Bru
01-12-2009, 09:39 PM
:a bite:

:wtf:
you've lost me there, I'm afraid.

Rory89
01-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I'd advise him to watch the game from the sky directly above the pitch, where all the players are just like littled dots running about. If he doesn't like my advice I'd reccomend that I take over, I have a managerial record Yogi could only dream of.

Hakim Sar
01-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Couple of tweaks.

I like this although I'm not a fan of McCormack. but spoony at RM would be niiiiiice

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
drop stokes play 442 with nish and deek up top and zouma and galbrieth wide

Bayern Bru
01-12-2009, 11:01 PM
I like this although I'm not a fan of McCormack. but spoony at RM would be niiiiiice

McCormack didn't play for long on Saturday but he did enough to convince me as a RB, leaving Spoon to move into midfield.

Riordans Boots
01-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Drop Stokes to the bench :agree: and play Deek & Nish upfront in a 442 with Zouma & Galbraith on the wings.

Haven't even read the rest of this thread, but I like your thoughts :agree:

CMac1988
02-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Couple of tweaks.

Exactly what I've been thinking (and it appears a few others have aswell) with the exception of McCormack, but due only to the fact that I haven't really seen him play at all. The general consensus appears to be that he'd be well suited to that role though...

But why drastically change what appears to be a working formula? :greengrin

Riordans Boots
02-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Drop Stokes to the bench and play Deek & Nish upfront in a 442 with Zouma & Galbraith on the wings.

drop stokes play 442 with nish and deek up top and zouma and galbrieth wide

Did I just hear an echo :greengrin

jst1875
02-12-2009, 12:50 AM

introduce him to the data editor ........... :greengrin

Billychaotic182
02-12-2009, 12:53 AM
:top marks

Billychaotic182
02-12-2009, 12:54 AM
I would also tell him to bring in another Target man

ChilliEater
02-12-2009, 04:49 AM
-----------------Stack-------------

---------Bamba------Murray--------

-----Miller---McBride---Zemmamma--

Byrne--Benji---Nish---Stokes--Riordan

Sorted :greengrin

RIP
02-12-2009, 11:33 AM
The trouble with playing Nish up front with Stokes or Benji is that whilst Nish works his socks off the other two are lazy/unfit beggars who refuse to make the runs into the channels.

Playing Zouma and/or Riordan off Nish would work better IMO.

O'Rourke, Gordon and Cropley rather than Edwards, Gordon and Duncan

Stack
McCormack Hogg Bamba Murray
McBride, Miller, Wotherspoon
Zemmama, Nish Riordan

Play the full backs up and McBride deep making it a
4-4-3 / 4-3-4 in attack or a 5-4-2, 5-5-1 in defence

Franck is God
02-12-2009, 12:49 PM
I would be looking to make a choice between strikers to start the game and then create a midfield that allows our most talented playmakers the chance to create something.

We know that when you give Zouma, Miller and Spoony time on the ball they are all capable of beating a man and making a goalscoring chance with a good pass or cross. McBride & one other in a deeper midfield position will win and keep possession longe enough to get these guys involved then its a choice of two strikers from Deek, Stokes, Nish, Benji to put the ball in the net.

This is the team and formation I would go with.

Maka

McCormack---Hogg---Bamba---Murray

McBride
Spoony--------Miller

Zouma----------------Riordan
Benji

Subs

Stack
Hanlon
Rankin
Cregg
Galbraith
Nish
Stokes

IMO a very strong first eleven with a lot of depth on the bench.

Craig_in_Prague
02-12-2009, 12:52 PM

Maka

McBride
Spoony--------Miller

Benji

:agree:

Exactly what I would go with!!

You're obviously very smart. :greengrin

I personally would like to see Benji up top again, with Zouma & DW both feeding him, he'd flourish. Also considering the fact Stokes just hasn't quite got going yet, this is the team I'd go with at the moment.

Bayern Bru
02-12-2009, 12:53 PM
I would be looking to make a choice between strikers to start the game and then create a midfield that allows our most talented playmakers the chance to create something.

We know that when you give Zouma, Miller and Spoony time on the ball they are all capable of beating a man and making a goalscoring chance with a good pass or cross. McBride & one other in a deeper midfield position will win and keep possession longe enough to get these guys involved then its a choice of two strikers from Deek, Stokes, Nish, Benji to put the ball in the net.

Maka

McBride
Spoony--------Miller

Benji

Subs

Stack
Hanlon
Rankin
Cregg
Galbraith
Nish
Stokes

IMO a very strong first eleven with a lot of depth on the bench.

You'd start Maka eh?
:hmmm:

Franck is God
02-12-2009, 12:55 PM
:agree:

Exactly what I would go with!!

You're obviously very smart. :greengrin

I am very smart :wink: and for noticing it you instantly gain the same recognition.

Franck is God
02-12-2009, 01:00 PM
You'd start Maka eh?
:hmmm:

It's not a universal opinion with Maka but for me he is just better than Stack.

I appreciate that Stack was maybe the right guy to use when the defence was initially playing together but the save that Maka made on Saturday to keep us a goal up Stack simply isn't capable of making. That save won us the game and although I doubt that Stack will make many mistakes that will cost us goals/games he will also not pull off the unbelievable save to get the points either.

Think to earlier this season when Boruc made that save from Spoony, for all the mistakes that Boruc has made (particularly against us) that is why he is so highly valued. He is a fanny but he can also do that!

CropleyWasGod
02-12-2009, 01:01 PM
O'Rourke, Gordon and Cropley rather than Edwards, Gordon and Duncan

e

O'Rourke's carrying a bit of weight these days, and Gordon needs a stick to walk. Crops isn't looking too bad, though.

Lateral thinking, though, I like it....

Ritchie
02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Couple of tweaks.

id go with that!! :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
02-12-2009, 01:40 PM
I am very smart :wink: and for noticing it you instantly gain the same recognition.

Never noticed the goalie!

I would go with Stack. :agree:

so the remaining 10, we're on the same page. :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
02-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Just keep on doing what he's doing. He doesn't need advice from us.