PDA

View Full Version : Prize Trumpet - Eddie May

Billy Whizz
01-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Read Eddie May's veiws on Hibs in the 4th paragraph.

What do you think!!!!!
No wonder Yogi doesn't like him

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/falkirk/2009/12/01/rangers-hold-no-fear-for-falkirk-boss-eddie-may-86908-21864088/

PC Stamp
01-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Read Eddie May's veiws on Hibs in the 4th paragraph.

What do you think!!!!!
No wonder Yogi doesn't like him

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/falkirk/2009/12/01/rangers-hold-no-fear-for-falkirk-boss-eddie-may-86908-21864088/

Technically the aggregate score over the two games technically reads Hibs 5 Falkirk 1.

That's technically what counts Eddie m'lad. :wink:

Spike Mandela
01-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Technically the aggregate score over the two games technically reads Hibs 5 Falkirk 1.

That's technically what counts Eddie m'lad. :wink:

Indeed 4 of our 5 goals are down to a certain Mr Riordan, the real difference between Hibs and falkirk.:cool2:

James70
01-12-2009, 05:06 PM
To be fair Falkirk are a very decent passing side just lacking some real firepower up front.

Kato
01-12-2009, 05:10 PM
To be fair Falkirk are a very decent passing side just lacking some real firepower up front.

So technically they can't do what the game requires for a team to win, therefore aren't very good.

Toaods
01-12-2009, 05:16 PM
to be fair to him, he's under a fair bit of pressure.

They havenae got two pennies to rub together with Yogi having spent money awarding contracts to 'experienced' players like Jackie Mac/ Burton O'Brien / Neil McCann, etc all of whom are injured long term or have left.

I didn't think they were all that bad in both games either and if the fine line is Deek rattling one or two in the top corner then that's fine by me....hope he beats other teams like the stinking Yams.

let's leave Eddie to get on with it, I don't recall Alex Ferguson getting too fired up by the likes of Wigan or Birmingham.

basehibby
01-12-2009, 05:25 PM
It would be perfectly fair to say that Hibs didn't dominate Falkirk in either of the fixtures so far, but to say they played us off the park is pure :blah::blah::blah::asshole::trumpet::crazy:

Minder
01-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Ediie May and his old man both good hibbies. Old man used to travel on the Granton bus which then joined with the Tommy Younger bus. Comments Eddie making lot less offensive than Yogi's used to be. Hope Eddie succeeds , he is good lad although at times a bit sour faced. Thankfully against us they have not had the rub of the green so far, hope that continues but we could do with them getting a few good results elsewhere.

ahibby
01-12-2009, 06:48 PM
I've played against Eddie and considered him a rational bloke therefore I'd say that his point is that tactically and technically they are as good but like many other SPL teams, including some in the top six, they don't have the same quality as Hibs. Jim Gannon said that about his Motherwell team in comparison with Hibs and look how high up the table they are. From what I have seen of the league so far, I think over the piece we have shown that outside the OF we are the team of quality. I am not saying that the others are far off us, just that they don't have the match changing players we have in Zemmama and Riordan to name two. Now I really don't know if the terms quality and technically can be separated but if they can then he might just have a point. Eddie is a rational bloke.

Phil D. Rolls
01-12-2009, 07:03 PM
I've played against Eddie and considered him a rational bloke therefore I'd say that his point is that tactically and technically they are as good but like many other SPL teams, including some in the top six, they don't have the same quality as Hibs. Jim Gannon said that about his Motherwell team in comparison with Hibs and look how high up the table they are. From what I have seen of the league so far, I think over the piece we have shown that outside the OF we are the team of quality. I am not saying that the others are far off us, just that they don't have the match changing players we have in Zemmama and Riordan to name two. Now I really don't know if the terms quality and technically can be separated but if they can then he might just have a point. Eddie is a rational bloke.

I have to say, I have been impressed with the Arabs the last few weeks, and it will be a tough job to stay in front of them.

Re. Falkirk, it seems to me that maybe Alex Smith has been a bit more hands on the last few weeks, compared to the start of the season.

ahibby
01-12-2009, 07:11 PM
I have to say, I have been impressed with the Arabs the last few weeks, and it will be a tough job to stay in front of them.

Re. Falkirk, it seems to me that maybe Alex Smith has been a bit more hands on the last few weeks, compared to the start of the season.

I was just going by the Arabs game at ER when I thought we showed that day we are a better (quality) side. I thought they were more physical than us, something I am becoming accustomed to seeing in most other teams outwith the OF with the exception of Falkirk and Killie. I too have thought that they have the players and the approach to knock us off third spot. However with Aberdeen they have the worst red card statistics in the SPL which can't be doing them any good. Having said that, with twenty eight yellows we are sailing fairly close to the wind (we have the worst yellow card stats in the league).

Bayern Bru
01-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Falkirk need a manager to instill some belief in them. Bottom of the table and likely to lose their better players come January won't be creating a party atmosphere around the place I'd have thought.

Even though it might, at first glance, appear to be sour grapes from Edward, I fully back him for what I'd imagine is his attempts to fire up his team. If Falkirk had a decent striker or two, they'd be a far better team. I said that after Saturday's match and stand by it.

Don't be too hard on him. At least he didn't blame the referee. :cool2:

heretoday
01-12-2009, 08:02 PM
You can't blame Eddie May for saying what he did. He's got to support his team.

If that means making rather inaccurate comments about the Hibs game then so be it.

He's got a hell of a season ahead of him.

Winston Ingram
01-12-2009, 08:45 PM
They had alot of the ball against us on sat but other than Moutinho's effort they caused us no bother at all. :agree:

Toaods
01-12-2009, 09:27 PM
You can't blame Mixu for saying what he did. He's got to support his team.

If that means making rather inaccurate comments about the Hibs game then so be it.

He's got a hell of a season ahead of him.

see what I did there...:cool2:

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2009, 09:52 PM
looking at the facts there are 11 teams tecnicaly better than them

ok 10 yams dinny count

heretoday
01-12-2009, 10:55 PM
see what I did there...:cool2:

Eh? Oh that's really free right enough.......!

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-12-2009, 08:38 AM

This is very true. But it was also very true last season as well. In fact it was true all through Hughes stint there as a Manager. But what completely undermines May's comments, is that this essentially was what he was going to change at Falkirk once he was in charge. In that respect, he has failed so far.

number 27
02-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Ediie May and his old man both good hibbies. Old man used to travel on the Granton bus which then joined with the Tommy Younger bus. Comments Eddie making lot less offensive than Yogi's used to be. Hope Eddie succeeds , he is good lad although at times a bit sour faced. Thankfully against us they have not had the rub of the green so far, hope that continues but we could do with them getting a few good results elsewhere.

:agree: Quite right. Eddie May is a good Hibby and I cant understand why so many Hibs fans seem to enjoy criticising him. Personally I hope he does well there....most of the time.

Phil MaGlass
02-12-2009, 10:35 AM
I dont think we are a really good footballing team at the moment and Eddie is right,but technically his team are pi5h.

1875 NO 1
02-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Indeed 4 of our 5 goals are down to a certain Mr Riordan, the real difference between Hibs and falkirk.:cool2:

correct, without Deek wonder goals we'd be in a very different position. We aren't playing that great and not creating many chances.

If these wonder goals dry up...........we could be in a spot of bother

MacBean
02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Heres hoping they pump the huns this weekend and we go top :wink: