PDA

View Full Version : December fixtures

Monts
01-12-2009, 09:13 AM
How do you see our games going in December? A lot of difficult games coming up.

I can't help but feel that our unbeaten run has to end at some point and if it does during the next couple of games we may find it very difficult to get back to winning ways quickly.

Anyone else share these concerns or do you think we'll cope with anything that's thrown at us?

Ritchie
01-12-2009, 09:18 AM
decembers massive for us.

if we can get through without losing i think we can seriously begin to get a tad excited about causing a shock this season.

Motherwell (h) - 3 points
Killie (a) - 3 points
Aberdeen (a) - 1 point
Rangers (h) - 1 point
Saints (a) - 1 point

id be happy with 9 point and it would set us up nicely for the derby. :pray:

Houchy
01-12-2009, 09:28 AM
decembers massive for us.

if we can get through without losing i think we can seriously begin to get a tad excited about causing a shock this season.

Motherwell (h) - 3 points
Killie (a) - 3 points
Aberdeen (a) - 1 point
Rangers (h) - 1 point
Saints (a) - 1 point

id be happy with 9 point and it would set us up nicely for the derby. :pray:

Can say i'd be to disapointed by that... actually, i'd be pretty happy with that.:agree: I can see United starting to drop points aswell when injuries and suspensions start to kick in and I can't see them bringing in too many players in Jan.

ahibby
01-12-2009, 09:32 AM
I think we were at our best against Motherwell last time and will not be so this time, therefore that could be a draw.

Away to Killie is usually a difficult game and looking at the highlights of their game against Hearts they could have won that game missing a penalty and some good chances. I wouldn't be disappointed with a draw

Away to Aberdeen very tricky as Rangers couldn't break them down and we will have problems.

Rangers at home could be another draw.

St Johnstone away I think we will lose this one. It isn't unusual for us to take a max 5 points from 5 games, although that perhaps can't be said of this season. I think we will achieve no more than 5 points from Decembers fixtures but I am cautious to the extent of being pessimistic.

Craig_in_Prague
01-12-2009, 09:54 AM
We shouldn't fear any of these games, and I think it's clear Yogi has installed a mindset, the players look determined not to lose games.

We also have a stronger bench than other teams, meaning we can freshen things up over the next month.

We will draw some of them and probably lose at least 1, but on the other hand we've yet to click, so i remain very optimistic.

ps. I actually think our football has been better than most seem to make out. No team can dictate / dominate all of the game.
There's more to come, but so far, so good from the whole team and management :top marks

soupy
01-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Prob not happen, but looking at all the fixtures, i personally think theyre all winnable matches... ill go for 12 +, with the points dropped in one of the away games.. Well we can only hope...:agree::notworthy:

Sir David Gray
01-12-2009, 12:26 PM
We have to win our home matches if we want to be taken seriously as even a slight threat to the Old Firm.

I would be absolutely delighted with the following outcome;

Motherwell-3 (As I say, we must keep winning at Easter Road and Motherwell are not far behind us, so we need to keep that gap between us and them)
Kilmarnock-1 (Our record at Rugby Park is awful so I would be content with a draw here)
Aberdeen-1 (Our record at Pittodrie is almost as bad as our record at Rugby Park so, again, a draw would be fine)
Rangers-3 (Everyone else seems to be beating them at home! :greengrin)
St Johnstone-1 (St Johnstone have been one of the better sides that we have come up against this season and although they have a poor defensive record, they have an impressive 'goals for' record, so I think a point would be fine here as well)

Even if we manage to get to the New Year on at least 31 or 32 points, that would be fantastic. I think it will be extremely difficult for us to come out of those five games still undefeated but I think one defeat would be OK.

Any more than that and it may be difficult for us to pick ourselves up again.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-12-2009, 12:33 PM
The old adage about game at a time really applies to us just now. If we play the way we did at Fir Park, then IMO the only place where we realistically would settle for a point would be in Glasgow. Any team in the SPL would struggle to match us the way we played there last time out. That said, if we play the same way we did Saturday past, especially the way we completely fell out of the game second half, Motherwell will beat us.

Hibstrooper
01-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Shouldn't we playing Celtic again soon, it was ages ago we played them at Easter Road :confused:

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Shouldn't we playing Celtic again soon, it was ages ago we played them at Easter Road :confused:

We play Celtic on 27th January, the last game of this round of fixtures.

The games aren't in the same order as the first round of fixtures.

Baw187
01-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Splitting this in to what I expect to happen and what I think may happen.

Motherwell - Expect 3 points - think we may get 1

Killie - Expect 3 points - think we'll get them. Poor record or not, Killie are mince and tbh, I've seen Hibs win a few times down there when needed

Dons - Expect 1 point. Doubt we'll win but might get our point if we don't make any errors.

Huns - Expect 3 points. Think we'll may get our 3. 1 at least.

Saints - Expect 3 points - Hard to call at this stage as one of the instinctual factors I use to predict results is how we've played and our results leading up to a game, and clearly this is too far away to say what kind of form we'll be in.

So (minus the Saints game) I would expect us to get 10/12 points, when in reality, we might be looking at 6 or 8/12.

Steve20
01-12-2009, 01:46 PM
We will only get 4 or 5 points this month imo.

TheMentalHibees
01-12-2009, 01:47 PM
15 points. If we're talking about being up the there at the end of the season, we should look to win all of these games. We play 3 of our biggest rivals, so even to come out of these fixtures undefeated would be a bonus. However, with our squad, taking the maximum amount available is not impossible.

hfc rd
01-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Motherwell - W
Kilmarnock - W
Aberdeen - L
Rangers - W
St Johnstone - D

lumbo_hfc
01-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Motherwell - W
Kilmarnock - W
Aberdeen - L
Rangers - D
St Johnstone - D

Be happy with this although think we could lose all the away games!

Barney McGrew
01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
I can't see us going through December unbeaten TBH, and I think we may come a cropper at Pittodrie. We've never had that good a record up there.

I can see us beating Well and the Huns at home, we should have enough to beat Killie, and I'd expect to take at least a point in Perth.

10 points out of 15 for me.

Dundee Utd have a got an easier set of games this month too, despite having to play the Huns twice. They've got St Mirren and Killie at home, as well as Hertz and Hamilton away.

We'll do well to finish December on the same points total as them.

.Sean.
01-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Hibs 2-1 Motherwell
Kilmarnock 1-1 Hibs
Aberdeen 2-1 Hibs
Hibs 1-0 Rangers
St Johnstone 2-2 Hibs

8 points :agree:

ancient hibee
01-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Disappointed with less than 10.

StokePogesHibs