PDA

View Full Version : NHC Barnsley v plymouth replay

poolman
01-12-2009, 01:53 AM
This is not fair Shirley

The match that was abandoned with Barnsley leading 4-1 there was a guy booked, Doyle I think it was, and he now faces a suspension because it has been ruled that the booking stands :confused:

Now shoot me down in flames but that is just lunacy IMO

Also there was another Barnsley guy who missed the game because of suspension but he has been told that it does not stand and will miss out the next game :confused:

The two decisions just dont add up to me or have I had too many beers tonight :confused:

FraserHFC
01-12-2009, 02:07 AM
This is not fair Shirley

The match that was abandoned with Barnsley leading 4-1 there was a guy booked, Doyle I think it was, and he now faces a suspension because it has been ruled that the booking stands :confused:

Also there was another Barnsley guy who missed the game because of suspension but he has been told that it does not stand and will miss out the next game :confused:

The two decisions just dont add up to me or have I had too many beers tonight :confused:

Guy who got booked shouldn't get a suspension imo. Then again, I think the game should be played from 58th (I think) minute with Barnsley leading 4-1. Then, of course, the booking should stand, and the others guy will have served his suspension.

blackpoolhibs
01-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Will the game be replayed in full, or just from when the game was abandoned?:devil:

Woody1985
01-12-2009, 11:20 AM
This is not fair Shirley

That's a farce.

Killiehibbie
01-12-2009, 12:24 PM
This is not fair Shirley

Disgrace if the booking stands but the other suspension has not been served. Heard conditions were not good but games have played on in far worse.

Danny_Hibee
01-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Surely tho the guy has commited a foul worthy of being punished and should have to pay for that. If he had punched someone in the face you cant expect that no action would be taken by the FA just because the game doesnt stand, he would be punished for it and to keep consistency it has to stand for all cards/punishments.

Andy74
01-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Surely tho the guy has commited a foul worthy of being punished and should have to pay for that. If he had punched someone in the face you cant expect that no action would be taken by the FA just because the game doesnt stand, he would be punished for it and to keep consistency it has to stand for all cards/punishments.

Aye, that's what I was thinking. If someone does something daft they'd need punished and you really have to apply that down the line for any indescretions.

Leith Green
01-12-2009, 01:47 PM

What if it was for say a hand ball for instance, he is booked for commiting an offence in a game that doesnt exist,..

Sheer lunacy for me all bookings should be scrapped along with the result..

Andy74
01-12-2009, 01:51 PM
What if it was for say a hand ball for instance, he is booked for commiting an offence in a game that doesnt exist,..

Sheer lunacy for me all bookings should be scrapped along with the result..

The problem is how could you then argue that someone who has hooked someone in the face can be punished in a game that didn't exist?

Leith Green
01-12-2009, 01:59 PM
The problem is how could you then argue that someone who has hooked someone in the face can be punished in a game that didn't exist?

I was meaning all bookings or sendings off other than for violent conduct,
I.E fouls, hand balls, dissent, celebrating a goal, then if the score doesnt stand the bookings etc should be scrapped too..

Obviously if a players thumps an opponent then that aint gonna get scrapped as they will be charged by the relevant footballing authority through video evidence etc ...

Andy74
01-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I was meaning all bookings or sendings off other than for violent conduct,
I.E fouls, hand balls, dissent, celebrating a goal, then if the score doesnt stand the bookings etc should be scrapped too..

Obviously if a players thumps an opponent then that aint gonna get scrapped as they will be charged by the relevant footballing authority through video evidence etc ...

Why though, the game didn't exist? Who cares who got lamped? If the score didn't stand, what difference has it made?

Leith Green
01-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Why though, the game didn't exist? Who cares who got lamped? If the score didn't stand, what difference has it made?

Well if a player lamped someone before or after a game, during the warm down for instance ( remember Man Utds players brawling with the Chelsea pitch staff) they will be held to account wether the game was played, postponed, or abandoned.. The governing body will use video evidence and the player will get hammered ... People who have been booked for a foul, deliberate hand ball etc during such games shouldnt ...

Basically I think you will find a player punching another player comes under bringing the game into disripute...

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2009, 11:08 PM
they should just reply it from were it was like real madrid did few years ago when there was a bom scare they played the last 8 mins

Minder
01-12-2009, 11:22 PM
they should just reply it from were it was like real madrid did few years ago when there was a bom scare they played the last 8 mins

Where Madrid winning by any chance?

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2009, 11:23 PM
no but the scored in the 8 mins i think they won 2-1 imagen going to a motch that was on for 8 mins thats injury time for man united