PDA

View Full Version : Player of the season so far?

007 Mickey Weir
30-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Just having a think who has been the best player so far, is it the rising star Wotherspoon, goal machine Deeks, Mr Consistant Murray, shot stopper stack....

I went for Deeks as

:notworthy:

Westie1875
30-11-2009, 10:11 PM
McBride, followed very closely by Deek.

col02
30-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Kevin McBride with Ian Murray not far behind for me.

aljo7-0
30-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Kevin McBride with Ian Murray not far behind for me.
:agree: My thoughts exactly.

James.
30-11-2009, 10:39 PM
I'd say McBride followed by Deek then Miller.

Wembley67
30-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Murray is an absolute shoe in.

Hibernian Verse
30-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I think in terms of effort Murray but I think you're after who's played well and most consistently so I'd have to go for McBride followed by Miller.

mim
30-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Deeks, Deeks, Deeks. :wink:

He's one of those 'once in a lifetime' type players that fans tend to underrate just because he plays for 'their' team.

Even the soap dodging 'tic fans knew he was a player, until the little ginger gobshecht tried to ruin his career.

Cabbage1875
30-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Ian Murray closely followed by McBride and Deeks for me. :thumbsup:

sahib
30-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Not at his best on Saturday but surprised only my vote for Zemmama so far.

Judas Iscariot
30-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Without a doubt it has to be Derek Riordan..

Where would we be without his goals?!

4 points worse off in the last 2 games for a start..

Murray, Miller and McBride have all been immense too..

TrinityHibs
30-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Ian Murray by a mile. Attitude 100% Desire 100% Enthusiasm 100% Links up with Deeks. No better tackler in the team. Drives forward. Covers back. He is Hibs captain in everything but name.

As an aside Deeks quality that wins games. Miller quality player who will improve. McBride will improve beside Miller. Wotherspoon young player of the year by a country mile.

Minder
30-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Stack,Mcbride and Murray. Voted for Stack - great business by Yogi getting Stack.

NOLA
30-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Mcbride though Murray is a good shout

Cocaine&Caviar
30-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Murray, Wotherspoon, McBride, Miller, Riordan and Zemmama all performing very well. Miller edged it for me, has that touch of class.

Hibbyradge
30-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Without a doubt it has to be Derek Riordan..

Where would we be without his goals?!

4 points worse off in the last 2 games for a start..

Murray, Miller and McBride have all been immense too..

I agree with all of them.

7 goals from Riordan gives him pole position so far.

McBride has been great though and if he keeps up these performances, he will be in line for a Scotland call up.

Miller is a class act and Murray is a Hibs version of Gary Neville. Strong, determined and reliable. I hope we can keep him.

I also think Bamba has been very significant.

Hibs90
30-11-2009, 11:44 PM
In this order;

McBride
Riordan
Murray
Bamba
Miller

500miles
30-11-2009, 11:47 PM
McBride was running away with it for me, until Derek started taking games by the scruff of the neck on the left wing.Yes, he has seven goals, but more importantly, Riordan now makes the team tick in a way he didn't before, and makes him, probably, the finest player in the SPL at the moment. He is reaching his potential and improving at an astonishing rate.

Sir David Gray
30-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Derek Riordan for me.

He is absolutely priceless for us and his goals could be the difference between us finishing 3rd (or even 2nd) and 4th or 5th, i.e. Europe and no Europe.

Sir David Gray
30-11-2009, 11:55 PM
I should also point out that Murray, Miller, McBride, Wotherspoon and Stack have also all impressed me.

Zemmama being fit is also absolutely vital to any success that we have this year.

silverhibee
01-12-2009, 12:28 AM
Its Deek Deek Deek for me.:greengrin

hibbymark
01-12-2009, 07:59 AM
I am delighted we have so many choices this year. If you asked the same question last year you would probably find guys like chris hogg near the top of the poll which shows how far we have come.Ive went for deeks just because in 30 years watching the hibs ive never seen anyone score the types of goals he does. Left foot right foot volleys top corner bottom corner and workrate now much better.I swear i saw him HEAD the ball in the second half on saturday! Trust me we will reminise about deek long after he finishes playing.I would love to see him win something at hibs. Starting with the double this year! :greengrin

Steve20
01-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Murray has been player of the season so far for me. Closely followed by Deek and McBride.

MussyHibby
01-12-2009, 09:54 AM
After Murray's performance Saturday, I understand.

My top man is Bamba, then Murray, Riordan.......................

Miller?:faf: A few weeks ago some would have said Stokes, for me Miller hasn't done enough..............yet.

TheBall'sRound
01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Murray = Mr Consistency

I think he has improved since his first spell here and should never be allowed to play anywhere other than left back no matter how much he moans.

First time in ages I feel we haven't missed Murphy

Malthibby
01-12-2009, 10:12 AM
No real surprises but disappointed that Maka wasn't available as a choice. :greengrin
As noted, we have 4 or 5 real choices so far, Zemmama will also be there if he can keep injury-free, Stokes & Benji are still to begin producing consistently; the potential is scary.
GG

MyJo
01-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Without a doubt its McBride :agree:

Saturday just showed how vital he is to our shape and style of play, because he wasn't there holding the fort in midfield Miller, Stokes, Riordan AND Nish were all falling back much deeper to challenge for the ball and more falkirk attacks seemed to get through to Bamba leading to a few heart-stopping moments. He anchors the team and just has that air of understated class about him IMO.

Riordan is also starting to realise his potential and is looking like the player he once was again but with an extra dimension of hard-work and tracking back added to his game....dare i say but i think Deeks is starting to mature as a player and the next few seasons could see him in the best form of his life :thumbsup:

Shaggy
01-12-2009, 01:03 PM
MURRAY
Has been the most consistant performer,
101% every match

Bayern Bru
01-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Ian Murray by a mile. Attitude 100% Desire 100% Enthusiasm 100% Links up with Deeks. No better tackler in the team. Drives forward. Covers back. He is Hibs captain in everything but name.

As an aside Deeks quality that wins games. Miller quality player who will improve. McBride will improve beside Miller. Wotherspoon young player of the year by a country mile.

Ian? Is that you?

Shaggy
01-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Isnt it refreshing for the first time in years there is a host of worthy candidates.

Cmon the Hibees !!!!!!!!!!:greengrin

Andy74
01-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Without a doubt its McBride :agree:

Saturday just showed how vital he is to our shape and style of play, because he wasn't there holding the fort in midfield Miller, Stokes, Riordan AND Nish were all falling back much deeper to challenge for the ball and more falkirk attacks seemed to get through to Bamba leading to a few heart-stopping moments. He anchors the team and just has that air of understated class about him IMO.

Riordan is also starting to realise his potential and is looking like the player he once was again but with an extra dimension of hard-work and tracking back added to his game....dare i say but i think Deeks is starting to mature as a player and the next few seasons could see him in the best form of his life :thumbsup:

McBride for me too, of course Riordan is pretty close just now and his magic is nicking us games sometimes.

But, to win things you need to win the battles first and foremost and McBride has been brilliant at winning us and keeping the football which allows the likes of riordan the opportunity to nick us the games.

Far more effective than I would have expected has a great partner in Miller as well who by the end of the season might be stealing the player of the year from both of them!

CorrieHibs
01-12-2009, 01:23 PM
I went for McBride. Felt we missed him on saturday just to sweep things up and i think bamba and hogg missed him as well. Murray has been outstanding but i think we just expect that from him can't rememeber him having a bad game. Murray would still be my captain. Deek has been excellent gets goals from out of nothing and Miller is another one that his been outstanding. Makes a change having so many players playing well. :thumbsup:

Baw187
01-12-2009, 01:25 PM
The fact that this is one of the hardest polls I have had to vote on, is a massive indication of why we are where we are this year. Most of our team are doing the job that we ask from them whether it be defending or setting up attacks and scoring.

I went for Zemmama because in some games, he's been a one man show. If he plays well, Hibs play well. Full stop.

I can't, however, argue with any of the arguments for Deek, McBride, Murray, Miller, Wortherspoon, or Bamba. All have been great in their own right. If we could get Stokes to hit form, we'd have some spine and width to our team.

Exiled Hibby
01-12-2009, 01:46 PM
1 = either Wittenveen or Nade

then Deek

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-12-2009, 02:25 PM
I went for McBride. Some games it is like he covers every blade of grass at least once if not twice. He is as hard in the tackle as any player at ER for a while now. It has confused me a bit in the last few games when he has been out injured that Patrick Cregg has not played in a like for like swap [ or as close as]. Not sure we had many ball winners saturday past. If anything, Bamba was charging out and losing position.

Dunbar Hibee
01-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Ian Murray. Most consistent, hardworking player in the squad. The guy is class :agree:

Andy74
01-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I went for McBride. Some games it is like he covers every blade of grass at least once if not twice. He is as hard in the tackle as any player at ER for a while now. It has confused me a bit in the last few games when he has been out injured that Patrick Cregg has not played in a like for like swap [ or as close as]. Not sure we had many ball winners saturday past. If anything, Bamba was charging out and losing position.

Yeah, I can only think that it is perhaps because Cregg is right sided and they wanted a right left combination in the middle so went with Rankin.

Then again Rankin played right in the derby.

I feel a bit sorry for Cregg as thought he looked allright when in the team. Good quality back up though, compared to having Chisholm and Keenan to call on last year.

That has to be helping our consistency.

Riordans Boots
01-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Murray has been player of the season so far for me. Closely followed by Deek and McBride.

Totally agree :agree:

bigl
01-12-2009, 09:17 PM
McBride for me closely followed by Murray

Rory89
01-12-2009, 10:03 PM
I actually would say Zemmama because if we were playing a big game and I had to pick one player who had to miss out, he'd be the last one i want out. How much better do we look with him in the team? If any of us start moaning about us not playing well this season, look at our contenders for POTY last year (players who got pass marks):

Murray
Bamba

This year in order for me:

Zemmama
Murray
Riordan
Miller
McBride
Bamba
Wotherspoon
Stack

I'm quite sure our team from this year would batter last years teams, I still have nightmares about O'Brien, Johannson, Chisolm etc.

Lmc2105
01-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Mcbride for me. think he has been outstading, murray just behind

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2009, 10:54 PM
went for mcbribe class act so far

murray26
02-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Rioirdan for me, then Ian Murray, McBride nearly got it but that was probaly because i expected him to be poor.

Mon Dieu4
02-12-2009, 12:27 PM
McBride for me, whilest Deek, Zemmama & Murray have done really well we know what to expect from them.

McBride was the unknown quantity who most people wrote off as a Falkirk reject before he had even played, he has been a touch of class & composure in the middle we had been lacking :agree:

mim
02-12-2009, 12:45 PM
McBride for me, whilst Deek, Zemmama & Murray have done really well we know what to expect from them.

McBride was the unknown quantity who most people wrote off as a Falkirk reject before he had even played, he has been a touch of class & composure in the middle we had been lacking :agree:

That's interesting. My reason for going strong on Deek is that he has shown much more than I was expecting. We all knew about his uncanny striking ability, but I never thought I'd live to see the day when he was working his socks off for the team.

.....and he is. :thumbsup:

3pm
02-12-2009, 12:49 PM
I voted for Derek. :notworthy:

Ian Murray is class as well. If the poll was 'biggest surprise of the season' McBride would win all the way.

Liam Miller is class but there is no way he is playing close to his full ability. I make no apologies for expecting far more from him....I actually wonder if he'd be more suited in a 3 man midfield. Regardless, he can still do more. He'll be some player for us in time.

Mon Dieu4
02-12-2009, 12:49 PM
That's interesting. My reason for going strong on Deek is that he has shown much more than I was expecting. We all knew about his uncanny striking ability, but I never thought I'd live to see the day when he was working his socks off for the team.

.....and he is. :thumbsup:

Deek has added that to his game & Im really happy to see it, but for me McBride was more of a suprise, a wee hidden gem

soupy
02-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Hard one, i chose Riordon over Murray and Mcbride simply for the vital goals hes scored...:notworthy:

Baw187
02-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Right, own up..... who voted for Rankin !! ??