PDA

View Full Version : Bamba - How much will we miss him?

AugustaHibs
30-11-2009, 07:50 PM
So because sol is off to the african cup of nations Will we miss him dearly? Will we need to bring in a temporary replacement or will we have to do with our sqaud at the moment? Will yogi be thinking about this?

Cocaine&Caviar
30-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Do you mean the African cup of nations?

Hibs Spain
30-11-2009, 07:59 PM
So because sol is off to the world cup (unlike some of us :rolleyes:) Will we miss him dearly? Will we need to bring in a temporary replacement or will we have to do with our sqaud at the moment? Will yogi be thinking about this?It's going to be a serious blow. A real problem but we'll just have to soldier on :boo hoo:

Cocaine&Caviar
30-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Im quite looking forward to the prospect of Hanlon getting a few games at CB...

sahib
30-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Do you mean the African cup of nations?

FFS :bitchy:

Disco Dave
01-12-2009, 03:12 AM
Not too much I wouldn't think, move Murray to CB and let Stevenson come in at LB :agree:

GhostofBolivar
01-12-2009, 07:02 AM
Not too much I wouldn't think, move Murray to CB and let Stevenson come in at LB :agree:

I'd like to see a centre-half come in as cover - even if it's just a loan move. I'd also like to see a right-back signed.

I'm not sold on any of the options at right back. Fundamentally, I'd like to see Wotherspoon move forward into midfield and not risk burn-out by having to play every game.

Oscar Lomax
01-12-2009, 07:27 AM
I don't see what the problem is here. I was never his greatest fan and still think he is posted missing a lot of the time, although he has had some good games for Hibs. I am sure Hibs will cope. We have players ar the club who can fill the void but I would also like to see an established CH come in as cover.

brydekirk
01-12-2009, 08:14 AM
will have a replacement on 1st jan, still a bit worried about the huns game though :agree:

RIP
01-12-2009, 08:34 AM
The problem will come if/when we miss a defender through injury.

I'd be interested in readers team line-ups minus say both Murray and Bamba or Hogg and Bamba

I think that's why Yogi keeps mentioning Thicot and why he wasn't released with DVZ and JJ in the autumn

We are toiling for a physical presence at centre half without Bamba. He may be rough round the edges but he can't be much fun to play against. Opposing forwards get very little room against the big man

ahibby
01-12-2009, 08:45 AM
I don't think we will miss him that much. I think Murray and Thicot can provide cover and who knows we might even bring in another CB in January. I mean I think we can stop the gap over the short term.

MussyHibby
01-12-2009, 09:49 AM
We will miss him, definetely. For me he is a real class act who will only get better and better, especially with the players playing alongside him in the national team.

I really despair at some of the criticism he has received this year!

marcegan
01-12-2009, 09:53 AM
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=167973

Free Drinks, Free Snacks and a chance to make a real difference in what the club is offering in its range of merchandise.

Anyone interested please follow the link..

Thanks hibbies!

Green Mikey
01-12-2009, 12:35 PM
I don't think we will miss him that much. I think Murray and Thicot can provide cover and who knows we might even bring in another CB in January. I mean I think we can stop the gap over the short term.

Madness! Of course we will miss him. He has been one of our best performers this year and he gives us a physical presence. IMO nobody else in the squad has the physical attributes to bully strikers like Bamba.

Oscar Lomax
01-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Madness! Of course we will miss him. He has been one of our best performers this year and he gives us a physical presence. IMO nobody else in the squad has the physical attributes to bully strikers like Bamba.

I don't think Bamba is that type off player. For me, he is all legs and can't quite bring the ball under control. I think he has proved a better buy than some though, but for me, Ian Murray has been so consistent this year and solid in the tackle.
I for one wouldn't mind if we lost Bamba for good in January and If two million is the price that some are prepared to pay, Id take their hands off!

ahibby
01-12-2009, 07:55 PM

Note I said short term, I wouldn't like to be with out him for the rest of the season with out a proper replacement!

fife hfc
01-12-2009, 08:41 PM
he'll be a massive loss. we have to remember that Hearts play with no real strikers so we got away with it at Tynie. But he is a class act who has rough edges that just need to be refined. those that can't see this are clueless about football. Just like fletch he could play in the EPL and not lok out of place after adjusting.

Jaz
01-12-2009, 09:24 PM
We missed him at the calendar signing tonight.

Only 1st team player no show!:boo hoo: