PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather....

AugustaHibs
30-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Scotland Won the world cup or hibs won scottish cup?

Barney McGrew
30-11-2009, 06:40 PM
I'd rather Hibs won the Scottish, but Scotland winning the World Cup is by far the most likely of the two to actually happen.

HibbyAndy
30-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Thats a no brainer for me, Scotland can ***** right off.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Quite frankly, I'd rather **** a sheep than Mrs Mols.

Oh, and Hibs everytime. Although we'll never win that blasted trophy anyway.

Wotherspiniesta
30-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Dumbest poll ever.

Hibs Spain
30-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Scotland Won the world cup or hibs won scottish cup?Hibs every day :agree:

HibeeDave
30-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Dumbest poll ever.

:top marks

New Corrie
30-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Dumbest poll ever.

Correct! I'd rather Hibs won a friendly against Stenhousemuir than Scotland win a World Cup

HibbyAndy
30-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Correct! I'd rather Hibs won a friendly against Stenhousemuir than Scotland win a World Cup

:agree:

H18sry
30-11-2009, 08:22 PM

But Engerland is that a different answer :cool2:

GC
30-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Hibs win the Scottish everytime.

New Corrie
30-11-2009, 08:42 PM
But Engerland is that a different answer :cool2:

What on earth has England got to do with this? Although, I suppose seeing as they are in it, it wouldn't bother me if they did win it.

Cool_Hand_Luke
30-11-2009, 09:01 PM
What if the Scotland World Cup winning team started with 11 Hibs players :greengrin

Wembley67
30-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Scotland by a whisker :cool2:

Baldy Foghorn
30-11-2009, 09:12 PM

:top marks

Sir David Gray
30-11-2009, 09:21 PM
I would rather Hibs won any cup but I would love to think that Scotland could, one day, be in a position where we had a serious chance of winning the World Cup.

It would be wonderful for the entire country.

Sadly, neither scenario looks like becoming a reality any time soon.

MacBean
30-11-2009, 09:34 PM
AAHHH pressed the wrong one!!! meant hibs win the scottish cup!

Toaods
30-11-2009, 11:26 PM

Aye, Stenny are nae mugs....:cool2:

sleeping giant
30-11-2009, 11:53 PM

:hilarious

Hibs for the cup :thumbsup:

joe breezy
01-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Somebody at my work just asked me if I'd have my way with Madonna. Funny the questions guys ask each other. As if Madonna was about to walk into the office and say fancy a quickie?

Scotland winning the World Cup is certainly less likely and Hibs winning the Scottish Cup, well best not talk about that

Ritchie
01-12-2009, 08:09 AM
this same poll was done a few months ago.

hibs everytime for me. :agree:

Malthibby
01-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Scotland for me, as long as we win the league at the same time.
GG

Love the Green
01-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Scotland Won the world cup or hibs won scottish cup?
No contest the hi-bees to win the SC everytime..cant believe anyone would suggest anything else.

"keep the faith":wink:

euro Hibby
01-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Hibs to win all the time............

Steve20
01-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Hibs to win the Scottish Cup.

I would rather Hibs win on Saturday than Scotland winning the World Cup.

M8UDB
01-12-2009, 10:21 AM
without a shadow of a doubt Hibs to win the Scottish cup. No brainer IMO :flag:

Leith Green
01-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Can't believe some people would actually prefer to see Scotland winning the world cup over Hibs winning the Scottish cup.. Baffles me!

Exiled Hibby
01-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Can't believe some people would actually prefer to see Scotland winning the world cup over Hibs winning the Scottish cup.. Baffles me!

Dear Baffled,

I've gone for Scotland as (a) Hibs have 2 Scottish Cups so far (2) Scotland have no world cups (3) world champs rank higher than a national competition (4) 4 years gloating about it before you lose title (5) its never gonna happen anyway, whilst I do genuinely believe that I will, one day, see Hibs win the Scottish Cup before I die - currently 51 so I wish they'd get a move on!!

Leith Green
01-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Dear Baffled,

I've gone for Scotland as (a) Hibs have 2 Scottish Cups so far (2) Scotland have no world cups (3) world champs rank higher than a national competition (4) 4 years gloating about it before you lose title (5) its never gonna happen anyway, whilst I do genuinely believe that I will, one day, see Hibs win the Scottish Cup before I die - currently 51 so I wish they'd get a move on!!

Dear unbaffled..
The reason i find it baffling is that A) This is a Hibs supporters forum. B) Hibs haven't won the Scottish cup in any Hibs.net members lifetime. C) Because I watch Hibs home and away, week in and week out and spend a bloody fortune that I dont have in doing so. D) Hibs winning the Scottish cup would put the yams gas at a peep once and for all..

Dashing Bob S
01-12-2009, 01:39 PM
If there is an event even less likely than Hibs winning the Scottish Cup, its Scotland even qualifying again for the World Cup.

Funny, i've come to like the jinx. If it were small clubs like Hearts, Clyde, East Fife that held this jinx nobody would care - they'd just be surprised that such two-bob outfits have ever won anything.

With Hibernian though, it becomes a bizarre talking point, and i feel perversely adds to us as a club. So on the basis of sheer lunacy -Scotland will NEVER win the World Cup- i'm going for that fantasy.

Exiled Hibby
01-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Dear unbaffled..
The reason i find it baffling is that A) This is a Hibs supporters forum. B) Hibs haven't won the Scottish cup in any Hibs.net members lifetime. C) Because I watch Hibs home and away, week in and week out and spend a bloody fortune that I dont have in doing so. D) Hibs winning the Scottish cup would put the yams gas at a peep once and for all..

Dear Baffled
I can understand your reasons but if there is only one answer allowed its not worth having a poll in the first place.
However, hope we're both celebrating a cup win next year

Leith Green
01-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Dear Baffled
I can understand your reasons but if there is only one answer allowed its not worth having a poll in the first place.
However, hope we're both celebrating a cup win next year

Dear McUnbaffled
I agree, and hope we are both celebrating cup succsess soon too, however being a Hibbie, I learnt a long time ago never to hold my breath with regards Hibs winning...

jae
01-12-2009, 03:03 PM
What if the poll was Hibs winning SC or Yams going bust.

1st poll was no brainer Hibs every time :thumbsup:

2nd one I had to think about, but would also have to go for us getting the Holy Grail

Judas Iscariot
01-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Silly question..

heretoday
01-12-2009, 03:08 PM
My knee-jerk choice was Hibs and I have to say that is still my "considered" choice.

However, can you imagine what it would be like if, somehow, Scotland acquired a decent coach, qualified for the next WC finals and actually won the thing?

It won't happen but just imagine......

mim
01-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Hibs winning the Scottish cup again, after such a long time, would be effing fantastic and I hope it happens in my lifetime (get a move on, eh!).

Hibs get 4 chances to win the Scottish to every 1 that Scotland gets to win the WC and Hibs will win it sometime. :flag:

I can't envisage Scotland ever winning anything ever again, but my clear vote goes to Scotland. :saltireflag

Andy74
01-12-2009, 03:30 PM

Same here. Bizarre. Then again football to me is all about Hibs but others seem to feel differently.

Rory89
01-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Would you rather make it rich and spend the rest of your days crusing about the world doing what you want, or have the oppurtunity to pump Megan Fox for the rest of your days?

Stupid, pointless, hypothetical question I hear you say? Correct, Hibs will never win the Scottish Cup and Scotland will never win the World Cup. For what it's worth I'd rather Hibs won the League Cup than Scotland won the World Cup.

Andy74
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Would you rather make it rich and spend the rest of your days crusing about the world doing what you want, or have the oppurtunity to pump Megan Fox for the rest of your days?

Stupid, pointless, hypothetical question I hear you say? Correct, Hibs will never win the Scottish Cup and Scotland will never win the World Cup. For what it's worth I'd rather Hibs won the League Cup than Scotland won the World Cup.

Where do i vote for Megan Fox?

poolman
01-12-2009, 03:50 PM
If Carlsberg made daft polls......

Rossco1875
01-12-2009, 03:54 PM
hibs every time

howdenthehibby
01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Hibs for the cup.Soon please:flag:

heretoday
01-12-2009, 04:47 PM

Hibs WILL win the Scottish Cup. Mark my words.

Bostonhibby
01-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Hibs - would have said so regardless, but what sealed it was I cannae see Alec Salmond Turning a Hibs cup victory to his politicial advantage or even claiming responsibility for it :wink:

Minder
01-12-2009, 06:07 PM
No contest the hi-bees to win the SC everytime..cant believe anyone would suggest anything else.

"keep the faith":wink:

:thumbsup:

KeithTheHibby
01-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Hibs winning the Scottish by a country mile...

Rory89
01-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Where do i vote for Megan Fox?

Just thought about something, you are older than her and I am not.

Think when I get to about 45 and she's 50 and I'm broke I'll regret not taking the money. This is a tricky question and every bit as pointless as the original debate.

Hibs WILL win the Scottish Cup. Mark my words.

Fair enough, I admire your faith.

I suppose we're the 3rd best team in Scotland so in theory if I live another 60 years the odds are we'll win it. However, I've been daft enough to genuinely convince myself a couple of times that we will win it, and when it didn't happen it was disappointing to say the least. Now my attitude is to just convince myself it's not going to happen and the worst that can happen is I'm correct, rather than post on here once a year "THIS IS OUR YEAR", followed by "NEXT YEAR, IT'S OUR YEAR".

7Hero
02-12-2009, 05:08 AM
we have had this daft poll before its a no brainer isnt it ?