PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Hibby's out there??

vinhibs
29-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Just looking for a bit of info on best bars and places to go when I'm there for Hogmanay. I know it will be very busy.

Any info much appreciated.

Cheers

Vince

RMG_82
30-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Just looking for a bit of info on best bars and places to go when I'm there for Hogmanay. I know it will be very busy.

Cheers

Vince

Best place is the Rocks, close to the harbour and good atmosphere/drinks/food/people. Also try a decent boozer called the lord nelson. Stay away from Kings Cross, it'l be carnage that time of year.

Lucius Apuleius
30-11-2009, 05:22 AM
The Rocks would probably be a bit more dignified but still rocking. The Cross would be bedlam as said. Watch the bouncers in the Lord Nelson, big boys. (at least they were the last time I had an argument with them :boo hoo:) Plenty other pubs there as well by the way.

Steve-O
30-11-2009, 06:54 AM
Twice now I have been down to the Opera House for new years eve. Best view of the Bridge fireworks from there.

Get there pretty early though...i.e. 4pm or so :agree:

Forza Fred
30-11-2009, 08:59 AM
The Rocks is definitely the place ot go if you want to party, but be aware it is absolutley chockers with people.

masel, at my age I'll welcome the bells with an extra cup o' tea in my cardigan and slippers.:greengrin

Auckland Hibs
30-11-2009, 09:08 AM

Cheers

Vince

I'll be at Dover-Heights....

http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/nye/WhatsOn/OtherEvents.asp

Great view of the fireworks, the Bridge, Opera House, etc. without the hunderds of thousands of people.

Will be on Bondi Beach for New Years Day :notworthy:

ArmadaleHibs
30-11-2009, 10:55 AM

Cheers

Vince

im just back from sydney last night. everyone tells you to stay clear of kings cross but its full of entertainment. its a bit seedy in some places and full of tramps and junkies but they dont harm you. its full of good places to go. just round corner u have potts point which is very nice.:top marks

vinhibs
30-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Does anyone know if you need tickets to get into the pubs. My ideal plan is to hammer a few drinks in a boozer until 11 and then head out. Cant be bothered standing about from 4pm!! More importantly, I would like to get back into the boozer again.

Steve-O
02-12-2009, 08:14 AM
Does anyone know if you need tickets to get into the pubs. My ideal plan is to hammer a few drinks in a boozer until 11 and then head out. Cant be bothered standing about from 4pm!! More importantly, I would like to get back into the boozer again.

Bevvy is available down at the Opera House :agree:

If you stay in a boozer till 11pm, I can't see you getting anywhere near the fireworks to be honest. You might see them in the sky, but seeing the Bridge etc might prove to be impossible.

KWJ
02-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Hey mate,

Not sure where I'll be heading for NY yet, the Rocks and Lord Nelson probably at some point after the fireworks.

If you're still there for the derby I'll be watching it in Cheers bar. $5 pint of guinness. It'll be packed with tims for the OF match but will be Hibee friendly for the derby.

:thumbsup:

KWJ
02-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Oh and if you quite like ales then make sure you get a pint of 3 sheets in the Nelson. Braw pint.

Auckland Hibs
03-12-2009, 04:44 AM
Hey mate,

Not sure where I'll be heading for NY yet, the Rocks and Lord Nelson probably at some point after the fireworks.

If you're still there for the derby I'll be watching it in Cheers bar. $5 pint of guinness. It'll be packed with tims for the OF match but will be Hibee friendly for the derby.

:thumbsup:

I'll be there for the derby game, great boozer :top marks

KWJ
03-12-2009, 08:05 AM
See you there buddy. :party::cheers: