PDA

View Full Version : Media BBC Highlights - Hibs 2 Falkirk 0

Ozyhibby
29-11-2009, 06:02 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8385400.stm

Mikey
29-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Cracking second goal. Great pass and great finish.

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Just as i thought, makas's crap, nish is poop, and deeks is a god. I'm away out now.:devil:

--------
29-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Just as i thought, makas's crap, nish is poop, and deeks is a god. I'm away out now.:devil:

And Paul Mitchell's a prince among commentators. :clown:

greenlex
29-11-2009, 07:20 PM
You know something. Paul Mitchell has summed up the Maka thread quite well there. I see it as a brilliant save. He sees it as "Makalamby struggling and the ball grazes his finger tips and onto the bar".
The media definately have an anti Makalamby/Hibs Keeper agenda.
Thye also didnt show the guys ball skills in keeping posession that is good skill or bombscare depending on your viewpoint. Nuff said

chorley_fm
29-11-2009, 07:22 PM

+juan

NOLA
29-11-2009, 08:43 PM
great double save from the falkirk goalie:top marks

camhibby1
29-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Great goals - Deeks is just a natural and what a peach of a pass by Wotherspoon.Magnifique!
For anyone interested there is a very good goal by Clayton Donaldson on the Goals of the Week clio on the BBC site. Plays for Crewe A now. Didn't think he had it in him - never did when he was at Hibs.

Sas_The_Hibby
29-11-2009, 10:45 PM
You know something. Paul Mitchell has summed up the Maka thread quite well there. I see it as a brilliant save. He sees it as "Makalamby struggling and the ball grazes his finger tips and onto the bar".
Thye also didnt show the guys ball skills in keeping posession that is good skill or bombscare depending on your viewpoint. Nuff said

If they did would they not have also shown Maka's suicidal dribble / brilliant trickery [delete as applicable] taking the ball round Bullen? :confused:

I did think Maka was a bit shaky again yesterday but, seeing it on the highlights, thought his tip over the bar was a very good save, having yesterday thought he had been slow to react.

I also thought yesterday that Nish really should have scored when in the clear in the first half (Iwas in the FF Stand) but the highlights showed it was a good block, though Nish could still have done a bit better. He improved a lot second half too, when IMHO he was our best player.

Leithenhibby
29-11-2009, 11:10 PM

:agree: absolutely spot on, thought we did enough in the 90 mins to get all three points..

Hibercelona
29-11-2009, 11:14 PM
After the game, I had my doubts over us deserving the 3 points.

But looking at the highlights and comparing our chances to theirs. I think we just done enough to deserve the 3 points.

I would gladly take the same type of performance with the same result against Motherwell next weekend. :agree:

hibbie02
29-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Compare and contrast the BBC radio commentary and the video highlights.... Radio Pish! :grr:

hibeeleicester
29-11-2009, 11:39 PM
World Class ball for the second goal:agree:

greenlex
30-11-2009, 12:49 AM
If they did would they not have also shown Maka's suicidal dribble / brilliant trickery [delete as applicable] taking the ball round Bullen? :confused:

I did think Maka was a bit shaky again yesterday but, seeing it on the highlights, thought his tip over the bar was a very good save, having yesterday thought he had been slow to react.

I also thought yesterday that Nish really should have scored when in the clear in the first half (Iwas in the FF Stand) but the highlights showed it was a good block, though Nish could still have done a bit better. He improved a lot second half too, when IMHO he was our best player.
No they would only have shown it if it lead to a Falkirk chance instead of us retaining the ball fairly easily.

Andy74
30-11-2009, 10:27 AM
No they would only have shown it if it lead to a Falkirk chance instead of us retaining the ball fairly easily.

For a five minute highlight package you are right, but in terms of what you want for a a golkeeper youa re wrong to suggest it was okay because it didn' lead to anything.

It is an unnecessary risk. Hughes loves Hibs keeping posession but was raging about that, why is that?

It's because the downside risk is that the ball ends up in the net and the only upside is we keep the ball. If the ball gets sent up the park or in the stand it is chance over.

I like Maka but he nees to stop this sort of thing or he will never, ever be trusted by any manager.

greenlex
30-11-2009, 10:54 AM
For a five minute highlight package you are right, but in terms of what you want for a a golkeeper youa re wrong to suggest it was okay because it didn' lead to anything.

It is an unnecessary risk. Hughes loves Hibs keeping posession but was raging about that, why is that?

It's because the downside risk is that the ball ends up in the net and the only upside is we keep the ball. If the ball gets sent up the park or in the stand it is chance over.

I like Maka but he nees to stop this sort of thing or he will never, ever be trusted by any manager.

Hard to prove Andy but if Stack had done that I bet Yogi's reaction would have been different. Maybe because of Maka's previous granted but Yogi's reaction was OTT. Maybe Yogi is pandering to the fans that are anti Maka or he believes what he reads in the press or what he has seen exaggerated by the media. It certainly cant be what Maka has one during Yogis tenure.
I dont see the problem myself.
I will concede that for the first time when Maka trooped out at half time I was uneasy with him between the sticks as I suppose I am used to having the more reliable Stack in there but The big guy did little wrong if you look at the 45mins in isolation.

ancient hibee
30-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Our goalie(s) -1 save

Their goalie -excellent double save plus terrific save of header.

Our defence no blocks

Their defence 2 goal saving blocks.

Us 2 goals.

Them 0 goals.

Yet still I read that we were a bit lucky to get 3 points.

Bad Martini
30-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Deek Deek Deek. :thumbsup:

ENDOF

Hibs7
30-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Deek Deek Deek. :thumbsup:

ENDOF

There was only 2 Deeks on Saturday or he would have had a hat trick :wink:

YehButNoBut
30-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Our goalie(s) -1 save

Their goalie -excellent double save plus terrific save of header.

Our defence no blocks

Their defence 2 goal saving blocks.

Us 2 goals.

Them 0 goals.

Yet still I read that we were a bit lucky to get 3 points.

And we had 13 shots on target to their 4, there was no luck about it. :agree:

Bad Martini
30-11-2009, 12:28 PM
There was only 2 Deeks on Saturday or he would have had a hat trick :wink:

Deek Deek Deek.......:greengrin
(Keith Keith Keith)....:wink:

TornadoHibby
30-11-2009, 01:58 PM

:top marks

Just watched these highlights myself and couldn't agree more! :agree:

Maka is a good keeper but he ain't gonna get any slack cut for him here due to his few "historical moments"! :confused:

A fresh start might just be what he needs actually! :cool2:

Wonder who the "boo boys" will pick on then! :devil:

silverhibee
30-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Deek Deek Deek.......:greengrin
(Keith Keith Keith)....:wink:

Thats the one BM.:wink:
Deek Deek Deek.:thumbsup:

Allant1981
30-11-2009, 02:55 PM
:top marks

Just watched these highlights myself and couldn't agree more! :agree:

Maka is a good keeper but he ain't gonna get any slack cut for him here due to his few "historical moments"! :confused:

A fresh start might just be what he needs actually! :cool2:

Wonder who the "boo boys" will pick on then! :devil:

I'm one of the one's who doesnt think he is that good a keeper but the save when he tipped it over the bar was cracking and should have been praised more in the highlights. If he has to start next week then more of the same plz