PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup Draw - Hibs v Irvine Meadow

Pages : 1 [2]

NOLA
30-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Meadow are not a Hun loving team as you put it, there's never any sectarian singing or abuse at Meadow park. Don't let one union jack or the clubs colours fool you. It's a shame that a good junior club with a decent supporters are being branded as bigots when before today you probably knew nothing about them.

well put:top marks never heard of them in my puff mate!

PedroEdin84
30-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Loving the pessimism popping up across this thread :hilarious

Reckon Hibs could have the shortest odds I'll ever see them have in my life for this one, 1/25?

Surprised no one has mentioned the odd this game! If its say 10/1 for us to win 7-0 should we not all bet on it and hope its stays like that! Would be a good Monday paper!

Altho tho my negative side says for a few of these guys its might be there world cup. So a top performance and maybe a goal might give them the stepping stone they have been waiting for!

So prediction 4-1 :wink:

meddabhoy1234
30-11-2009, 11:16 PM
hun lovers eh ?
so you can call us hun lovers because we play in blue and white and some idiot took a union jack to one of our games and when i say one i mean ONE
and i have yet to hear a sectarian chant at any meadow game
on the 9th of january it will probably be one of the most memorable days in meadow history and win or lose the meadow fans will always be behind the team
the dow go into every game focusing on winning and this game is going to be no different
i would expect around 3000-4000 meadow fans and every single one of those fans including me will be behind the team no matter how many hibees mock us or look down on us we will still be standing there supporting the mighty dow !

davym7062
30-11-2009, 11:20 PM
hun lovers eh ?
so you can call us hun lovers because we play in blue and white and some idiot took a union jack to one of our games and when i say one i mean ONE
on the 9th of january it will probably be one of the most memorable days in meadow history and win or lose the meadow fans will always be behind the team
the dow go into every game focusing on winning and this game is going to be no different
i would expect around 3000-4000 meadow fans and every single one of those fans including me will be behind the team no matter how many hibees mock us or look down on us we will still be standing there supporting the mighty dow !

good stuff. hope you have a great day apart from the score of course:thumbsup:

Hibs90
30-11-2009, 11:20 PM
hun lovers eh ?

Do you even have that amount of fans?

ballengeich
30-11-2009, 11:23 PM
hun lovers eh ?

Good post. Thanks for your rejection of sectarianism. I watched a lot of junior games when I was young and retain a lot of respect for the grade. Have a good day out, (but don't think you'll be in the 5th round draw).

meddabhoy1234
30-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Do you even have that amount of fans?

think if you check we have a higher record attendance than you :wink:

meddabhoy1234
30-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Good post. Thanks for your rejection of sectarianism. I watched a lot of junior games when I was young and retain a lot of respect for the grade. Have a good day out, (but don't think you'll be in the 5th round draw).
hiyy we can only hope ;)

sleeping giant
30-11-2009, 11:33 PM
hun lovers eh ?

Looking forward to playing you:agree:

I would imagine it might be a once in a lifetime match for your team and i hope you enjoy your day out. Not too much mind:thumbsup:

Hibs90
30-11-2009, 11:34 PM

Fair do's but that was years upon years ago. I seriously doubt you will bring 4000 to the Leith San Siro, but well done if you do. :thumbsup:

monktonharp
30-11-2009, 11:34 PM
:yawn:
hun lovers eh ?
i would expect around 3000-4000 meadow fans and every single one of those fans including me will be behind the team no matter how many hibees mock us or look down on us we will still be standing there supporting the mighty dow !good luck to you for next year's JUNIOR cup mate:wink: but they socks are hellava like hun socks,naw? hope you fill the away end btw,and no doubt you will outsing us:grr:. QOTS fans certainly did that,a couple of years back,gave us it tight.........what a sheitey hame support and a' that. hope this wakes up our non-singers

sleeping giant
30-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Meadow are not a Hun loving team as you put it, there's never any sectarian singing or abuse at Meadow park. Don't let one union jack or the clubs colours fool you. It's a shame that a good junior club with a decent supporters are being branded as bigots when before today you probably knew nothing about them.

:top marks

Agree.

Hun lovers:faf:

silverhibee
30-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Irvine Meadow will almost certainly bring a larger support to Easter Road than WE will take to Aberdeen in a couple of weeks time...

:hnet: miss your photos.:thumbsup::agree::notworthy:

FraserHFC
30-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Fair do's but that was years upon years ago. I seriously doubt you will bring 4000 to the Leith San Siro, but well done if you do. :thumbsup:

They won't get 4000 tickets anyway

sleeping giant
30-11-2009, 11:51 PM
They won't get 4000 tickets anyway

We should give them as many tickets as they can sell:agree:

This is what the Scottish Cup is all about ! Mon the juniors:thumbsup:

I hope they do sell 4000tickets and i hope we welcome them with open arms.

I also hope we get into double figures too though:greengrin

FraserHFC
01-12-2009, 12:42 AM
We should give them as many tickets as they can sell:agree:

This is what the Scottish Cup is all about ! Mon the juniors:thumbsup:

I hope they do sell 4000tickets and i hope we welcome them with open arms.

I also hope we get into double figures too though:greengrin

I'd rather we limited them as much as possible. They'll be up for it and now doubt create as much better atmosphere than us and their plyaers would get a huge boost from that.

zlatan
01-12-2009, 01:12 AM
On another note, we should be looking to make this game as cheap as possible for the fans to get a big crowd in.

£10 for adults and £5 for concessions would see a crowd of about 13k and still give Irvine the big payday that they are after.

hibs is life
01-12-2009, 01:24 AM
well at least we are in with a shout this year get up the hearts there out 1st round :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

RMG_82
01-12-2009, 02:54 AM
Irvine Meadow will bring a decent vocal crowd through. I was fortunate enough to play against them in the '06 ovd Semi final. The took about 2000 and sung for the whole match, (until we scored the winner in E.T)

I'm considering flying back to see if they will sign me for a month so i can play against the hibees :greengrin that would be awesome

Aw the best meadow, njoy your day.....but not too much

2010 hibs fir the scottish? :thumbsup:

rainman
01-12-2009, 04:30 AM
Irvine Meadow will bring a decent vocal crowd through. I was fortunate enough to play against them in the '06 ovd Semi final. The took about 2000 and sung for the whole match, (until we scored the winner in E.T)

I'm considering flying back to see if they will sign me for a month so i can play against the hibees :greengrin that would be awesome

Aw the best meadow, njoy your day.....but not too much

2010 hibs fir the scottish? :thumbsup:

Don't do it man! It's f***ing cold and wet!

The jet lag is a bitch as well!

Lucius Apuleius
01-12-2009, 05:38 AM
On another note, we should be looking to make this game as cheap as possible for the fans to get a big crowd in.

£10 for adults and £5 for concessions would see a crowd of about 13k and still give Irvine the big payday that they are after.

Not gonna happen.

13,000, lets say 70%-30% adult/concession gives us about £110,000. 11,000 at £20 and £10 (which is more likely a number depending how many away supporters come)with the same split would give us about £190,000.

Calvin
01-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Not gonna happen.

13,000, lets say 70%-30% adult/concession gives us about £110,000. 11,000 at £20 and £10 (which is more likely a number depending how many away supporters come)with the same split would give us about £190,000.
Not to mention all the cup top ups already bought at discount rates given this is our 3rd home tie for the £20 this year.

RMG_82
01-12-2009, 06:57 AM
Don't do it man! It's f***ing cold and wet!

The jet lag is a bitch as well!

u back in the big smoke now?? trust u had a good flight. :yawn:

i suppose your right, already scored at both ends of easter road anyway....shame the east stand was empty though :faf:

GGTTH

Brooster
01-12-2009, 07:35 AM
A full strength Hibs team will take 7 or 8 off this mob but I doubt Yogi will go full strength - even so we will still hit them for at least 6. Fill your boots on Hibs scoring at least 6.

Phil D. Rolls
01-12-2009, 07:54 AM
hun lovers eh ?

Good stuff, some people talk utter p*sh. Enjoy your day at the Leith San Siro, just remember to leave all your livestock at home, and watch you don't park your tractors on double yellow lines! :greengrin

joe breezy
01-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Irvine will be able to bring a couple of thousand anyway, was it QOS or Peterheid who took about 3000 to Ibrox?

It's a one off occasion for a junior team and the Ayrshire clubs can rally good crowds. Shame I'll be in London or definitely would have come along

greenlex
01-12-2009, 08:15 AM
I'd rather we limited them as much as possible. They'll be up for it and now doubt create as much better atmosphere than us and their plyaers would get a huge boost from that.
We will have to give them the whole south stand in any case.In the Scottish Cup the away team have to get a certain percentage (thats why we got the whole Stand at the hunnery when we pumped them 3-0 :greengrin a few years ago) but I dont know what that is.
It has to be priced appropriately. £15 & £10 should almost fill the stadium I reckon.

Steve-O
01-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Anything less than a new Hibernian record of a 22-0 victory will not be good enough IMO.

Ritchie
01-12-2009, 08:28 AM
A full strength Hibs team will take 7 or 8 off this mob but I doubt Yogi will go full strength - even so we will still hit them for at least 6. Fill your boots on Hibs scoring at least 6.

why not???

he did against brechin.

im sure i remember him saying he will always plays his full strength squad no matter who they play

Billy Whizz
01-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Noticed that Hibs have got this on their official site as 10th January (Sunday) Has this been confirmed or is it a mistake?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/a-piece-of-scottish-cup-history-20091130_2262950_1890877

1two
01-12-2009, 08:30 AM

What is the record attendance?

Part/Time Supporter
01-12-2009, 08:44 AM
What is the record attendance?

They're claiming the crowd of 77,650 at Hampden for a Scottish Junior Cup final in 1951 as "their" record attendance. A bit ridiculous really as a) Hibs will have played in at least a few games with bigger crowds than that (eg 1972 cup final had 106,000, 1947 cup final had 82,000 (http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=310391)); b) their actual (home) record attendance won't be anything like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_football_attendance_records

LancsHibs
01-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Really looking forward to this one should be quite interesting. Just about to book a hotel and make a weekend of it:thumbsup:
Are there any plans to reduce ticket prices for this game, think it would be a good idea to bolster our support as there could be a feeling of complacency.Irvine will bring a big crowd compaired to most SPL supports, hope they have a good day out but Hibs wipe the floor with them but this is the SC and at the end of the day any win will do:cool2:

wazoo1875
01-12-2009, 09:08 AM
They're claiming the crowd of 77,650 at Hampden for a Scottish Junior Cup final in 1951 as "their" record attendance. A bit ridiculous really as a) Hibs will have played in at least a few games with bigger crowds than that (eg 1972 cup final had 106,000, 1947 cup final had 82,000 (http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=310391)); b) their actual (home) record attendance won't be anything like that.

It's 13,470 against Stonehouse Violet :wink:

Incidentally over 95,000 turned up to watch us play Clyde(:grr:) in the 1950 scottish cup , which is a lot less than 77,650 .

I have also been trying to find the figures for a Scottish Cup semi against Rangers which i'm sure is a record club attendance for a match outwith a final . I believe it's around the 140,000 mark :coffee:

lapsedhibee
01-12-2009, 09:36 AM
They're claiming the crowd of 77,650 at Hampden for a Scottish Junior Cup final in 1951 as "their" record attendance. A bit ridiculous really as a) Hibs will have played in at least a few games with bigger crowds than that (eg 1972 cup final had 106,000, 1947 cup final had 82,000 (http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=310391)); b) their actual (home) record attendance won't be anything like that.[/url]

It's a hun trait to make wild surreal claims. cf. 'Most successful club in the history of the universe' based on Glasgow Cup wins. :wink:

Brooster
01-12-2009, 09:50 AM
why not???

he did against brechin.

im sure i remember him saying he will always plays his full strength squad no matter who they play

I just dont think he will play our strongest 11 against at home against a Junior team, just my opinion.

Regarding the Brechin game I beg to differ, he made 4 changes from the falkirk game a few days earlier even bringing someone in for his debut which in anybodys language cannot be construed as full strength.

Hibs7
01-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Full strength team for the first 45, 6 or 7 -0 up and then play some youngsters for the second half .. done and dusted :notworthy:

Dashing Bob S
01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
hun lovers eh ?

Good on you for putting us right. Every time we play a smaller club from the west of Scotland, they get knee-jerk derision on this board as mini-huns of psuedo- huns. The fact is that many people support the smaller clubs, in particular the juniors, because all that OF sectarian guff leaves them cold. I'm looking forward too it and hope you you bring along a huge support and have a great day out in Edinburgh.

givescotlandfreedom
01-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Really looking forward to this one should be quite interesting. Just about to book a hotel and make a weekend of it:thumbsup:
Are there any plans to reduce ticket prices for this game, think it would be a good idea to bolster our support as there could be a feeling of complacency.Irvine will bring a big crowd compaired to most SPL supports, hope they have a good day out but Hibs wipe the floor with them but this is the SC and at the end of the day any win will do:cool2:

Meadow will have to agree to it too but it's likely it'll go down to fifteen quid or so.

hibs0666
01-12-2009, 10:10 AM

Oh no you don't.

Ritchie
01-12-2009, 10:13 AM
I just dont think he will play our strongest 11 against at home against a Junior team, just my opinion.

Regarding the Brechin game I beg to differ, he made 4 changes from the falkirk game a few days earlier even bringing someone in for his debut which in anybodys language cannot be construed as full strength.

01 Stack
04 Hogg
06 Murray
20 Hanlon
24 David Wotherspoon
08 Cregg
11 Rankin (Stevenson 68)
17 McBride (Nish 76)
10 Riordan
18 Stokes
19 Benjelloun (Byrne 64)

looks full strength to me considering miller hadnt signed for us by then and bamba was injured.

Jim44
01-12-2009, 10:24 AM

In the paper this morning he says they will approach this game 'professionally' and give all due respect to Irvine Meadow. This to me means he will play his strongest team as he can't afford to toy with what would probably be the biggest banana skin in the history of the SC.

--------
01-12-2009, 10:58 AM
In the paper this morning he says they will approach this game 'professionally' and give all due respect to Irvine Meadow. This to me means he will play his strongest team as he can't afford to toy with what would probably be the biggest banana skin in the history of the SC.

:agree:

If we lost to irvine Meadow, it WOULD be the biggest upset ever. Logocally we should be comfortably through by a fair margin.

HOWEVER - supposing we struggled to score early on - maybe even lost one on the break? (Stranger things have happened.)

How much could we depend on the Hibs' suppoers' legendary generosity of spirit to get behind the team and urge them on to overcome this? Hm?

Or would we find 3/4ths of the stadium barracking and moaning and complaining and giving the Hibs players pelters, while the South Stand sang their hearts out in support of the 'wee' team?

I'd guess Irvine will decide to make this a real day out for the town in support of their team. They'll have at least 2,000, probably nearer 3,000 supporters with them. They may even fill the South - or come close. This after all is their Cup Final.

And FWIW, if we were playing the OF in a Cup semi or final, or a big English club in a European tie, and THEIR supporters were talking about us the way some posters have been talking about the Meadow, we'd be raging.

If I know the Juniors, they'll be well up for it and they'll surely compete. Hibs'll have to do the same.

blackpoolhibs
01-12-2009, 11:06 AM
If I know the Juniors, they'll be well up for it and they'll surely compete. Hibs'll have to do the same.

I dont think we will have a problem with that. Yogi has installed a fighting spirit in the team, even Deeks is giving more these days.:thumbsup:

Ritchie
01-12-2009, 11:17 AM
good wee story here....

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/2752693/I-hit-the-heights-but-NOT-like-my-old-pals-at-Hibernian.html

Killiehibbie
01-12-2009, 11:19 AM

Did we not play rangers at Hampden in front of about 143,000? It might have been a league game or a semi final.

Jack
01-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I would really like to see the South filled (3,500???) with football fans who were there to have a good time instead of the usual ner do wells there as part of a bigot fest.

Andy74
01-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Did we not play rangers at Hampden in front of about 143,000? It might have been a league game or a semi final.

Are we really getting into a pi55ing match with Irvine Meadow?? :confused:

Part/Time Supporter
01-12-2009, 12:07 PM

:greengrin

Mind, someone posting utter pish like that deserves pulling up. Otherwise some folk might start believing it.

:wink:

Killiehibbie
01-12-2009, 12:09 PM

No. Just to prove we've played in the game outwith a Cup Final or Internationals that attracted the biggest ever crowd in Britain.

Part/Time Supporter
01-12-2009, 12:13 PM

Hibs played the Huns a few times in the cup in the famous five period in front of enormous crowds by modern standards.

95,000 at Ibrox for a 3rd round game in 1947 (0-0 draw)
48,816 at Easter Road for the replay (Hibs won 2-0)
143,000 at Hampden for a semi final in 1948 (Huns won 1-0) link (http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=207293)
102,342 at Ibrox for a 2nd round game in 1951 (Hibs won 3-2)

ALF TUPPER
01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Am working in Irvine at the moment and the punters here are getting into a right old frenzy.

Talk is ........of hammering the Hibees and taking 5000 to the game. :faf:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-12-2009, 12:56 PM

If we lost to irvine Meadow, it WOULD be the biggest upset ever. Logocally we should be comfortably through by a fair margin.

HOWEVER - supposing we struggled to score early on - maybe even lost one on the break? (Stranger things have happened.)

How much could we depend on the Hibs' suppoers' legendary generosity of spirit to get behind the team and urge them on to overcome this? Hm?

Or would we find 3/4ths of the stadium barracking and moaning and complaining and giving the Hibs players pelters, while the South Stand sang their hearts out in support of the 'wee' team?

I'd guess Irvine will decide to make this a real day out for the town in support of their team. They'll have at least 2,000, probably nearer 3,000 supporters with them. They may even fill the South - or come close. This after all is their Cup Final.

And FWIW, if we were playing the OF in a Cup semi or final, or a big English club in a European tie, and THEIR supporters were talking about us the way some posters have been talking about the Meadow, we'd be raging.

I know what you are saying that they will be up for it, but football matches are not won by teams that are up for it, they are won by quality - and they are not on the same page as us for quality. And i would wager that our team has better work ethic, and better attitude, as well as being fitter and mentally stronger.

I was at a junior cup final a couple of years ago (Lithgae Rose) and the quality was rank, they cant keep the ball, and any sort of pressure on them in posession will see us win it back.

This is not some first or second division team we are talking about, they are juniors and i would be expecting hibs to win comfortably in 2nd gear by five or six goals - would be a good game to give kurtis byrne and other fringe guys a run out

Brooster
01-12-2009, 01:05 PM
01 Stack
04 Hogg
06 Murray
20 Hanlon
24 David Wotherspoon
08 Cregg
11 Rankin (Stevenson 68)
17 McBride (Nish 76)
10 Riordan
18 Stokes
19 Benjelloun (Byrne 64)

looks full strength to me considering miller hadnt signed for us by then and bamba was injured.

Bamba didn't play against Brechin (despite playing in the games before and after), Zemmama didn't play against Brechin, Nish didn't start against Brechin.........meaning it wasn't our strongest 11.......do I need to explain this any further?

mim
01-12-2009, 01:07 PM
This is not some first or second division team we are talking about, they are juniors and i would be expecting hibs to win comfortably in 2nd gear by five or six goals - would be a good game to give kurtis byrne and other fringe guys a run out

No they're not some first or second division side.

.......Arbroath are, tho. :wink:

Meadow took care of Arbroath without any fuss and we should be regarding them as roughly the same standard as a second division side.

Our strongest side should win comfortably enough - 3 or 4-0, but please give Meadow the credit they deserve for reaching this stage.

I, for one, would be far from relaxed if we didn't play our strongest side against them.

HFC 0-7
01-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Bamba didn't play against Brechin (despite playing in the games before and after), Zemmama didn't play against Brechin, Nish didn't start against Brechin.........meaning it wasn't our strongest 11.......do I need to explain this any further?

Bamba was rested because of his Knee trouble, not sure about Zemmama, but he may have been injured around that time. Nish isnt exactly a first 11 regular this season, pretty sure Benji has started as many games if not more than Nish.

Speedy
01-12-2009, 01:27 PM
I can't believe how many people are worrying about this game. They are 7th in the West of Scotland League.

Ritchie
01-12-2009, 01:30 PM

bamba & zouma were injured and nish hasnt been a guaranteed start all season.... so no, you dont need to explain as it was the strongest team we could possibly field on the night. :bye:

Ritchie
01-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Bamba was rested because of his Knee trouble, not sure about Zemmama, but he may have been injured around that time. Nish isnt exactly a first 11 regular this season, pretty sure Benji has started as many games if not more than Nish.

correct :agree:

hibbybrian
01-12-2009, 01:40 PM

In 1948 - 143,570 spectators at Hibernian - Rangers Cup semi-final, a record for a club match other than a final.

Brooster
01-12-2009, 01:46 PM
bamba & zouma were injured and nish hasnt been a guaranteed start all season.... so no, you dont need to explain as it was the strongest team we could possibly field on the night. :bye:

It wasn't our strongest 11 which is what I've said all along.

jackieboy
01-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Alright boys and ladies my name is Jack Pirie i am the Chair of the Irvine Meadow Supporters Club. Just on to say that everyone in Irvine and round about the town is looking forward to visiting the Mighty Hibees and also to dispel a few inaccuracies.
1) we are a non sectarian team with a good mix of fans young and old from both creeds and sexes
2) We played with black and red socks long before Rangers did.
3) We will not fill the South Stand but should have in excess of 1200 although im here to be proved wrong on that one.
4) Hibs record attendance makes ours pale in to the background was it not 146,000 against Rangers.
5) Our average gate is around the 600 mark although we can pull in a crowd in big games and christ this disnae come bigger for us.
To finish off im really looking forward to having a great day out in Sunny Leith meeting all you Hibees for banter and bevvy and hope we dont go home on the receiving end of a real doing.

Aww the best

Mikey
01-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Alright boys and ladies my name is Jack Pirie i am the Chair of the Irvine Meadow Supporters Club. Just on to say that everyone in Irvine and round about the town is looking forward to visiting the Mighty Hibees and also to dispel a few inaccuracies.
1) we are a non sectarian team with a good mix of fans young and old from both creeds and sexes
3) We will not fill the South Stand but should have in excess of 1200 although im here to be proved wrong on that one.
4) Hibs record attendance makes ours pale in to the background was it not 146,000 against Rangers.
5) Our average gate is around the 600 mark although we can pull in a crowd in big games and christ this disnae come bigger for us.
To finish off im really looking forward to having a great day out in Sunny Leith meeting all you Hibees for banter and bevvy and hope we dont go home on the receiving end of a real doing.

Aww the best

Good stuff. Hope you all have a great day.

With the usual caveat :wink:

mim
01-12-2009, 01:57 PM
I can't believe how many people are worrying about this game. They are 7th in the West of Scotland League.

It may be something to do with your age. :wink:
I've been waiting 60 years for a Scottish cup win and I've witnessed Hibs screwing it up in every imaginable way. :boo hoo:

I hope you don't have to wait as long, but, if you do, then you'll know why people worry about every Scottish tie we play. :paranoid:

Ritchie
01-12-2009, 02:08 PM
It wasn't our strongest 11 which is what I've said all along.

:confused:

the point i made is that yogi likes to play his strongest team no matter who we play.

the team against brechin was the strongest team available.

so i have no idea why we are still talking about this.

killiedow
01-12-2009, 02:28 PM
just have to reply to some of you guys on here and the comments that are flying around this thread.
As jack said in another reply we had the socks 1st so why should we change? there is no bigotry,union jacks or sectarian songs at meadow park,most of the meadow fans are sensible guys and won't make any rash statements about turning you over although we are allowed to dream! The truth is hibs should beat us and we all know it,we don't need some of the pish that the likes of Superhibi1,hibernian-0762 and hainan hibs are coming away with,read their posts and you'll get my drift,thankfully there's a few sensible guys on here like Dashing bob s,doddie and mike in munich to make up for the cretins!
i've been following junior football in the west of scotland for 30 odd years now so believe me when i tell you the top clubs here and in the east could live with sfl sides no sweat,we're not some team of kickers and battlers we can play a bit and we will at easter road,you'll know you've been in a game! lastly in reply to another post every one of our squad except one has played senior the one that hasn't-- he's our best player. hope it's a good game and we give a good account of ourselves and fly the flag for our league!
all you guys who are posting and predicting double figures put your money where your mouth is for charity,i bet you £100 you don't get double figures.

Brooster
01-12-2009, 02:38 PM
:confused:

the point i made is that yogi likes to play his strongest team no matter who we play.

the team against brechin was the strongest team available.

so i have no idea why we are still talking about this.

Apart from Bamba and Nish and Maka who was the no 1 at the time, Stack made his debut against Brechin.

Brooster
01-12-2009, 02:45 PM
just have to reply to some of you guys on here and the comments that are flying around this thread.
As jack said in another reply we had the socks 1st so why should we change? there is no bigotry,union jacks or sectarian songs at meadow park,most of the meadow fans are sensible guys and won't make any rash statements about turning you over although we are allowed to dream! The truth is hibs should beat us and we all know it,we don't need some of the pish that the likes of Superhibi1,hibernian-0762 and hainan hibs are coming away with,read their posts and you'll get my drift,thankfully there's a few sensible guys on here like Dashing bob s,doddie and mike in munich to make up for the cretins!
i've been following junior football in the west of scotland for 30 odd years now so believe me when i tell you the top clubs here and in the east could live with sfl sides no sweat,we're not some team of kickers and battlers we can play a bit and we will at easter road,you'll know you've been in a game! lastly in reply to another post every one of our squad except one has played senior the one that hasn't-- he's our best player. hope it's a good game and we give a good account of ourselves and fly the flag for our league!
all you guys who are posting and predicting double figures put your money where your mouth is for charity,i bet you £100 you don't get double figures.

Welcome to the board.
What do you reckon the score will be? I reckon Hibs will score at least 6 assuming we field a strong side and dont take our foot off the gas.

Phil D. Rolls
01-12-2009, 02:51 PM

Some people are writing their manager's team talk for them. Anything can happen. They may be low in their league, but that doesn't mean that they aren't capable of winning a cup tie. A goal for them just after half time could be fatal.

Unbelievable stuff. :agree:

Aww the best

Fair play mate, let's hope everyone has a big party, please reassure your pals that the whole sectarian suggestion was made by a couple of maddos.

You were doing so well until the bit in bold. :greengrin

I would be surprised if it got anywhere near double figures, I doubt if people would be even thinking about this if we were playing a third division, or even second division team, people that know football know there is not much - if anything - between their standard and the juniors.

Enjoy your day out in Edinburgh's cultural quarter! :thumbsup:

Speedy
01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Apart from Bamba and Nish and Maka who was the no 1 at the time, Stack made his debut against Brechin.

I thought Bamba was injured, I may be wrong. Nish wasn't considered first choice and I don't really think you can say that playing a new signing(our current first choice keeper) is playing a weakened team either.

For the Scottish cup game I think we will put out a strong team with maybe one or two changes at the most.

Gatecrasher
01-12-2009, 03:10 PM

Aww the best

im looking forward to this one as well and i hope you all have a great day out :top marks

killiedow
01-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the board.
What do you reckon the score will be? I reckon Hibs will score at least 6 assuming we field a strong side and dont take our foot off the gas.
it all depends on how hibs approach the game,if they're up for it and set about us and don't take the foot off the gas then maybe you're right about the score,on the other hand if they think that it's a case of turning up! one things for sure we won't be there just for the occasion. cheers and you're welcome at meadow park anytime.

Brooster
01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
I thought Bamba was injured, I may be wrong. Nish wasn't considered first choice and I don't really think you can say that playing a new signing(our current first choice keeper) is playing a weakened team either.

For the Scottish cup game I think we will put out a strong team with maybe one or two changes at the most.

He started the previous game at Falkirk but as you say he may or may not be considered first choice - but in my opininion he is more of a first choice than Hanlon, Rankin or Cregg who were all in the team that night.

sam armstrong
01-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Their ground is almost on a par with Somerset. If they managed a draw I would imagine Rugby Park would be the venue, can't see it being needed though.

I doubt if there will be a replay but their ground holds 5200 with 700 seated so they wouldn't move it.

Brooster
01-12-2009, 03:25 PM
it all depends on how hibs approach the game,if they're up for it and set about us and don't take the foot off the gas then maybe you're right about the score,on the other hand if they think that it's a case of turning up! one things for sure we won't be there just for the occasion. cheers and you're welcome at meadow park anytime.

No way will Yogi allow any complacency to slip in - he will boot the baws of the first player to do so. He will have you watched as he would any upcoming opponent and do his homework. Here's to a good game played in the right spirit.

BEEJ
01-12-2009, 03:44 PM

Aww the best
Thanks for bringing some facts and perspective to this thread. Hope the match is a great occasion for the fans of both teams.

blackpoolhibs
01-12-2009, 03:50 PM
I watched the draw yesterday, and when we came out first, i shouted Irvine meadow Irvine meadow at the tv. Mainly as i think it was the easiest tie we could get. Saying that, it is the most romantic tie of the round, and i hope everyone that comes from ayrshire has a great day, but ultimately go home well beaten.:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
01-12-2009, 04:10 PM

Ruined an otherwise brilliant post with such a scurrilous accusation. Rest assured my lawyers will be in touch.

Lucius Apuleius
01-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Firmly in the "anything can happen" camp. Do I think it will? No. I think we will manage to win relatively easily but as a few of the Meadow fans have said if we think we just need to turn up to win this, we are mistaken. I would suggest Meadow are just as good as Berwick rangers and we all know what they managed to do (well at least us old guys do!!). As has been alluded to many times on here, a hell of a lot of us have watched Hibs for many many years and seem some doings from teams we thought should not have been on the same park as us. COnversely we have given some doings when least expected.

GT will be home on the 30th December and he for one is looking forward to these dirty turd coloured assholes from gorgie coming on the 3 rd (when do tickets go on sale by the way??) and then this game the week after. I really do hope there is no crap and these guys come up here and enjoy some good hospitality and banter in the pubs without us being patronising in any way towards them.

Green_one
01-12-2009, 04:18 PM

Aww the best

Have a great day out. Hope the history books do not highlight this game :wink:

This is what the cup is all about. Hope both sets of supporters turn up in numbers.

Please do not tell us you have won the cup within the last 108 years or we will be upset. That is the only stat that matters:boo hoo:

For the record I have been in a 106,000 crowd at Hampden and over 50,000 at ER, both watching the Hibs.

New Corrie
01-12-2009, 04:25 PM

It's just the norm AH! The same happened when we were drawn against QOS a while back, they were tarred as "Hun loving bassas" aswell. You'll get used to it, everyone that's not like them is deemed a "hun bassa" then they get upset if someone suggests that they might just be "diet tims". The draw was only made yesterday and the plasticators are already jumping up and down about the possibility that there may be a Union flag amongst the away support.

These will be the same fuds that take foreign flags to Hibs games :confused:

Big Frank
01-12-2009, 04:32 PM
It's just the norm AH! The same happened when we were drawn against QOS a while back, they were tarred as "Hun loving bassas" aswell. You'll get used to it, everyone that's not like them is deemed a "hun bassa" then they get upset if someone suggests that they might just be "diet tims". The draw was only made yesterday and the plasticators are already jumping up and down about the possibility that there may be a Union flag amongst the away support.

I dinnae think your right in the heed man!

Your sooo bitter and twisted. Have you got back on the bounce yet?

Nice pic of the bnp by the way.

Phil D. Rolls
01-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Firmly in the "anything can happen" camp. Do I think it will? No. I think we will manage to win relatively easily but as a few of the Meadow fans have said if we think we just need to turn up to win this, we are mistaken. I would suggest Meadow are just as good as Berwick rangers and we all know what they managed to do (well at least us old guys do!!). As has been alluded to many times on here, a hell of a lot of us have watched Hibs for many many years and seem some doings from teams we thought should not have been on the same park as us. COnversely we have given some doings when least expected.

GT will be home on the 30th December and he for one is looking forward to these dirty turd coloured assholes from gorgie coming on the 3 rd (when do tickets go on sale by the way??) and then this game the week after. I really do hope there is no crap and these guys come up here and enjoy some good hospitality and banter in the pubs without us being patronising in any way towards them.

We haven't gone 108 years *****ing up in the SC, by accident. We are continually seeking new ways to do it IMO:agree:

New Corrie
01-12-2009, 04:38 PM
I dinnae think your right in the heed man!

Your sooo bitter and twisted. Have you got back on the bounce yet?

Nice pic of the bnp by the way.

Irvine Meadow get the draw of a lifetime, and these ordinary punters can't wait for a day out in Edinburgh, yet they get called bigots!!! Spare me BF, and you think i'm no right in the heid! And no i'm not back on the Bounce!

Big Frank
01-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Irvine Meadow get the draw of a lifetime, and these ordinary punters can't wait for a day out in Edinburgh, yet they get called bigots!!! Spare me BM, and you think i'm no right in the heid! And no i'm not back on the Bounce!

Your off it man! You post constantly about tims/diet tims, huns/diet huns.
You seem to have nothing else going on in your life! Gie it a rest man.

No sure the bounce would have you:wink:

nice pic of the bnp by the way.

New Corrie
01-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Your off it man! You post constantly about tims/diet tims, huns/diet huns.
You seem to have nothing else going on in your life! Gie it a rest man.

Well' i'm not the reason that some poor sod from Irvine Meadow is having to come on here and defend his club's fans.

Killiehibbie
01-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Irvine Meadow get the draw of a lifetime, and these ordinary punters can't wait for a day out in Edinburgh, yet they get called bigots!!! Spare me BF, and you think i'm no right in the heid! And no i'm not back on the Bounce!

90% of the Irvine punters i've met are bigots of either persuasion, hopefully all the guys going to the game are in that other 10%.

jackieboy
01-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Dont know who you have been talking too but i can assure you Medda supporters are Medda supporters non sectarian non racist Just ordinary guys and lassies who enjoy there fitba and there bevvy

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-12-2009, 05:38 PM
90% of the Irvine punters i've met are bigots of either persuasion, hopefully all the guys going to the game are in that other 10%.

I have a relative who lived and worked in West Kilbride and said the same thing only they were all huns, I had the misfortune to be on holiday not that long ago and a newly married couple were there on their honeymoon from WK and after a few bevvies the bile he was spouting was unreal and I told him and his mutt to eff right off, in fact he was very close to be lamped by me, sorry to tar all with the same brush but the track record for Ayrshire clubs especially juniors is horrendus

Gatecrasher
01-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Dont know who you have been talking too but i can assure you Medda supporters are Medda supporters non sectarian non racist Just ordinary guys and lassies who enjoy there fitba and there bevvy

Most of us are just that it's just a few folk just can't leave it alone for some reason, While your support is probably no different from any other junior side, just a bunch of folk wanting a good day at the football.

This fixture is what the cup is all about, the part time juniors looking to topple the fully trained pros, Some of the best games come from fixtures like this.

jackieboy
01-12-2009, 05:50 PM
What track record iv been going to junior games now since i was 4 im 54 now seen trouble yes but always inter town or village rivalry. Never anything remotely resembling sectarian.

jackieboy
01-12-2009, 05:54 PM
The main flashpoint games in Junior football are in no real order in my opinion Boness/Linlithgow, Kilbirnie Ladeside/Beith and Auchinleck Talbot/Cumnock which probably has the worst reputation.

HIBERNIAN-0762
01-12-2009, 06:02 PM
The main flashpoint games in Junior football are in no real order in my opinion Boness/Linlithgow, Kilbirnie Ladeside/Beith and Auchinleck Talbot/Cumnock which probably has the worst reputation.

Thanks for posting that up mate, no offence directed at you but you will have to understand that 99.9% of Hibs supporters hate the huns, for me it is sectarian (and I'm a protestant) and the continuing tapping of our players due to them having a non exsistant youth policy, then moaning at the press for having no competition,

This is why any teams from Ayrshire are viewed this way,

Have a good day out at ER and I'm sure if you get in touch with the supporters club you will be made very welcome

jackieboy
01-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Must admit im forever ranting and raving in my local about how if Hibs had managed to hold on to the players that were tapped poached or got on the cheap what a team it would be.
The pub i drink in is mainly Rangers and Killie but theres a healthy amount of Celtic fans to and believe it or not Clyde. My mates are the Killie boys because they are real fans and you can get great discussions going.
You would think it was me that beat Arbroath in my village everyone congratulating me wishing us the best and booking seats for THE BIGGIE at your place.

Allant1981
01-12-2009, 07:01 PM

With all respect your team are going to be playing a team sitting 2nd in the top league in the country. Not some top junior side but one of the top pro clubs we have, Hibs are capeable of scoring 3 and 4 against premier league sides so why not 10 against a JUNIOR side

Westie1875
01-12-2009, 07:07 PM
I watched the draw yesterday, and when we came out first, i shouted Irvine meadow Irvine meadow at the tv. Mainly as i think it was the easiest tie we could get. Saying that, it is the most romantic tie of the round, and i hope everyone that comes from ayrshire has a great day, but ultimately go home well beaten.:thumbsup:

Me too, and when the sheepies came out I was shouting for the Hertz to be next :greengrin :tee hee:

HibbyAndy
01-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Your off it man! You post constantly about tims/diet tims, huns/diet huns.You seem to have nothing else going on in your life! Gie it a rest man.

Like ma sig then :wink:

I dont buy this theory that hibs should not under estimate Irvine Meodow..hibs will cake walk this game..stroll in the park.

Sorry for sounding arrogant, but theres not a cat in hells chance IM have ANY chance against Hibs, they HAVE no chance, not atall.

They are a junior side FFS...sorry to pish on yer chips IM fans but Hibernian will piss all over yous...i respect you guys and your team, im just a realist.

Phil D. Rolls
01-12-2009, 07:28 PM
With all respect your team are going to be playing a team sitting 2nd in the top league in the country. Not some top junior side but one of the top pro clubs we have, Hibs are capeable of scoring 3 and 4 against premier league sides so why not 10 against a JUNIOR side

So why not take the bet then?

Killiehibbie
01-12-2009, 07:30 PM
That maybe didn't come across right. When I said Irvine punters I meant guys from the town not Irvine Meadow supporters. I worked in the place for a few years and you don't have to look for bigots they're everywhere.

killiedow
01-12-2009, 07:58 PM
because if you knew junior football(and you clearly don't) you wouldn't be saying double figures,yes we can all dream i did too when killie got a non-league team years ago,outcome? humped 3-0! yes you're playing well and there's the equivelant of 7 leagues between us but just have a look at the history books mate it just doesn't happen,also if you read my post correctly you'd have sussed out that we're junior in name only,more high end of sfl2 really.

jackieboy
01-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Aye we sure do have bigots of both persuasions i may add however i believe it is not nearly as bad as it was a few years ago.

Ken
01-12-2009, 09:01 PM
because if you knew junior football(and you clearly don't) you wouldn't be saying double figures,yes we can all dream i did too when killie got a non-league team years ago,outcome? humped 3-0! yes you're playing well and there's the equivelant of 7 leagues between us but just have a look at the history books mate it just doesn't happen,also if you read my post correctly you'd have sussed out that we're junior in name only,more high end of sfl2 really.

Totally agree. IM are as good as probably all of the 3rd division teams apart from Livvy, so they will give us a decent game. Will probably be about 3/4 nil but might be tighter.

I'd say 3 nil. :agree:

Ken
01-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Totally agree. IM are as good as probably all of the 3rd division teams apart from Livvy, so they will give us a decent game. Will probably be about 3/4 nil but might be tighter.

Ahhh...what the heck....10 nil Hibs...lets get in to these, too scared to play senior football, amateurs!!!!

:faf::smug:

The Baldmans Comb
01-12-2009, 09:11 PM

That is a post of some stunning irony from someone who was banned from Hibs Bounce for either sectarian abuse of catholics or something to do with priests and paedophile.

You will forgive me if I can't specify exactly which reason it was.:wink:

HibbyAndy
01-12-2009, 09:11 PM

Ill say 7-0 at least.

Allant1981
01-12-2009, 11:05 PM
So why not take the bet then?

i wish i had a spare £100 to bet with

Allant1981
01-12-2009, 11:07 PM

Eh yes I do and played junior up until last season, no not junior in name only as they play in the junior leagues so junior through and through

killiedow
02-12-2009, 07:16 AM
Eh yes I do and played junior up until last season, no not junior in name only as they play in the junior leagues so junior through and through
i wish you had the spare £100 too my chosen charity would as well!

The_Todd
02-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Glad to see some Irvine fans on here setting the record straight. It easy to dismiss something we don't know anything about and I'll be suprised if we hump anyone 7-0. If we were going into this game having scored mountains of goals then maybe, but we haven't.

I hope Irvine and their fans enjoy their trip to Easter Road, and I hope the East Stand provides an atmosphere for them to remember!

Phil D. Rolls
02-12-2009, 07:39 AM
That is a post of some stunning irony from someone who was banned from Hibs Bounce for either sectarian abuse of catholics or something to do with priests and paedophile.

You will forgive me if I can't specify exactly which reason it was.:wink:

A couple of people on here - with breathtaking ignorance - accused this junior team of being sectarian. It seems pretty obvious that they are not. CG (rightly IMO) derided them for their stupidity.

That's the story here, and I can't see what the point of you carrying on some argument from another forum here.

Nando™
02-12-2009, 08:16 AM
If Havant & Waterlooville can score 2 goals away to Liverpool then Medda can score against us.

However, 7-0 on the coupon.

Houchy
02-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Oh no you don't.

He's behind you!!! Sorry, thought seeing it was December, we were starting our own panto to keep up with the pub team.:greengrin

number 27
02-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Well' i'm not the reason that some poor sod from Irvine Meadow is having to come on here and defend his club's fans.

No you are not, but you are resonsible for the Nick Griffin picture which IMO is the most shameful thing in the whole thread.

Each to his own I suppose but I cannot see how anyone can square supporting both Hibernian and the BNP :bitchy:

Dashing Bob S
02-12-2009, 10:20 AM
No you are not, but you are resonsible for the Nick Griffin picture which IMO is the most shameful thing in the whole thread.

Each to his own I suppose but I cannot see how anyone can square supporting both Hibernian and the BNP :bitchy:

I think you might be missing the irony a little. Look closely at the picture.

So much discord and division over drawing Irvine Meadow in the Scottish Cup. Can't wait till we get Israeli opposition in the Europa next season!

number 27
02-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I think you might be missing the irony a little. Look closely at the picture.

So much discord and division over drawing Irvine Meadow in the Scottish Cup. Can't wait till we get Israeli opposition in the Europa next season!

Oh, apologies in that case, although to be honest I cant really see the picture clearly enough to see what is going on. One good reason not to let a three year old play on Cbeebies and smudge the monitor to ****

Liberal Hibby
02-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Dundee Harp 35 Aberdeen Rovers 0

On the same day as the Arbroath v Bon Accord game :wink:

There's a story about this game (an urban myth presumably) that as the Dundee Harp captain was walking off the pitch the ref said 'I lost count - was it 35 or 36?' To which the Harp Captain replied 'Call it 35 - it's bound to be a record either way'...

sam armstrong
02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
I know what you are saying that they will be up for it, but football matches are not won by teams that are up for it, they are won by quality - and they are not on the same page as us for quality. And i would wager that our team has better work ethic, and better attitude, as well as being fitter and mentally stronger.

I was at a junior cup final a couple of years ago (Lithgae Rose) and the quality was rank, they cant keep the ball, and any sort of pressure on them in posession will see us win it back.

if they are rank, how did thet beat Arbroath. We have lost plenty cup ties against so called weak part time teams.

killie-hibby
02-12-2009, 07:40 PM

Fully agree with your assessment. Most of the IM players could be or have been with SFL teams. IM players receive £250 to £350 plus win bonus per week. More than most 2nd and 3rd division teams pay.
Watch out for Ritchie Barr,he scored against Ayr.

thebakerboy
02-12-2009, 09:32 PM
As someone who missed the Dundee Utd game to watch Bonnyrigg Roses 1st ever home match in the Scottish Cup I wish the Irvine Meadow fans a great day out and that Hibs give them due respect and play the best available team for the match and get a good result without humiliating a team of fellow professionals. By the way the Rose couldnt beat an 8 man Fraserburgh Grrrrrrrrrrr:grr::grr::grr:

Nando™
02-12-2009, 10:15 PM
As someone who missed the Dundee Utd game to watch Bonnyrigg Roses 1st ever home match in the Scottish Cup I wish the Irvine Meadow fans a great day out and that Hibs give them due respect and play the best available team for the match and get a good result without humiliating a team of fellow professionals. By the way the Rose couldnt beat an 8 man Fraserburgh Grrrrrrrrrrr:grr::grr::grr:
Why not?

Big Frank
02-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Why not?

agreed. Live by the sword....

killiedow
02-12-2009, 10:33 PM
if they are rank, how did thet beat Arbroath. We have lost plenty cup ties against so called weak part time teams.
the quality of junior football in the west is higher at the moment than in the east,our players probably earn more than many sfl1 players,only one has never played in the senior leagues and he is consistently our best player,now i'm a realist and fully expect hibs to take care of us but it won't be a walk in the park as alot of the guys on here think,all i'd like to see is for the fans to have a good bit of banter in the pubs and on the forums,meadow to give a good account of themselves and to fly the flag for the juniors,everyone to have a good day as well and finally for the old firm to get gubbed!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-12-2009, 10:50 PM
the quality of junior football in the west is higher at the moment than in the east,our players probably earn more than many sfl1 players,only one has never played in the senior leagues and he is consistently our best player,now i'm a realist and fully expect hibs to take care of us but it won't be a walk in the park as alot of the guys on here think,all i'd like to see is for the fans to have a good bit of banter in the pubs and on the forums,meadow to give a good account of themselves and to fly the flag for the juniors,everyone to have a good day as well and finally for the old firm to get gubbed!

JFINNIE
04-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Looking forward to our meeting in the cup.Certain things you should know. We do own our own park.We play at home on a playing surface which would be the envy of many.We have yet to lose a goal in the competition.We are used to playing away so no worries there in fact we are beginning to get blisters on our rears with sitting on buses. Theoretically you should hammer us but we are slow starters then get stronger as last season and this show so come the game we will be at our best. I say 0-0 at easter road then hibs winning replay at rugby park 1-0 with a disputed penalty.:wink:

WindyMiller
04-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Looking forward to our meeting in the cup.Certain things you should know. We do own our own park.We play at home on a playing surface which would be the envy of many.We have yet to lose a goal in the competition.We are used to playing away so no worries there in fact we are beginning to get blisters on our rears with sitting on buses. Theoretically you should hammer us but we are slow starters then get stronger as last season and this show so come the game we will be at our best. I say 0-0 at easter road then hibs winning replay at rugby park 1-0 with a disputed penalty.:wink:

Fair play mate.
I look forward to the game.:thumbsup:

BEEJ
04-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Good to see that you're quietly confident. :greengrin

Enjoy the occasion .... I plan to.

basehibby
04-12-2009, 06:34 PM

Didn't know Mystic Meg followed the Meadows :greengrin

I'm also looking forward to this fixture and suspect it will be a lot closer than it looks to be on paper - your guys are bound to be pumped up for it and I don't think it'll be a stroll in the park for Hibs. Still think we'll have too much for you though - 3-1 to the cabbage!

IWasThere2016
04-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Enjoy your day.. I hope its painful viewing for ye!

Sergey
04-12-2009, 06:46 PM

What better memento to remember the day, than a hibs.net 2010 desktop calendar, priced at a mere £5?

You'll be able to recall the day for a whole year.

sleeping giant
05-12-2009, 12:27 PM

Loving it :thumbsup:

I hope you enjoy it.
I am really looking forward to this match. Its what the cup is all about:thumbsup:

Billy McKirdy
05-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Yogi says he wants to do his homework before the Scottish Cup tie against Irvine Meadow, Hows this for starters? A clip of Meadows 3-0 win against Musselburgh Athletic in the last round of the Scottish Junior Cup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9O3P5oMlnc

--------
05-12-2009, 04:27 PM

I fully expect that Yogi will indeed give you guys all the respect you deserve.

Those of us who have watched football for longer than the last few years know very well how strong Junior football can be, and I can assure you I'm not underestimating the challenge facing Hibs.

I wish you a great day out in the capital, but I do hope and trust that you'll be going home disappointed. :devil:

The_Todd
09-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Tickets announced as £15 and £8
No excuses!

killiedow
14-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Has anyone from hibs managed to get a look at the medda yet? if not you're going to be disappointed as our next competitive match is against hibs,that's our secret weapon you see get the sjfa not to give us any fixtures till we play you and that way you'll be kept in the dark!!

MSK
14-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Has anyone from hibs managed to get a look at the medda yet? if not you're going to be disappointed as our next competitive match is against hibs,that's our secret weapon you see get the sjfa not to give us any fixtures till we play you and that way you'll be kept in the dark!!See if i was a yam i would say that those damned SJFA gits are conspiring against us !!!! :grr:

However ..im sure Yogi & his team have done their homework ...:greengrin

whereswallace?
14-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Has anyone from hibs managed to get a look at the medda yet? if not you're going to be disappointed as our next competitive match is against hibs,that's our secret weapon you see get the sjfa not to give us any fixtures till we play you and that way you'll be kept in the dark!!

Any idea how many tickets you have sold up to now?

CMac1988
14-12-2009, 02:27 PM
There's a story about this game (an urban myth presumably) that as the Dundee Harp captain was walking off the pitch the ref said 'I lost count - was it 35 or 36?' To which the Harp Captain replied 'Call it 35 - it's bound to be a record either way'...

A couple of weeks (12 days to be precise) 2 l8 perhaps, but have a read on the Wiki under the title 'Unlikely coincidence'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbroath_36%E2%80%930_Bon_Accord

Interesting little ready.

jackieboy
15-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Tickets went on sale this morning at 11 am i left at 2 30 we had sold just over 700

whereswallace?
15-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Tickets went on sale this morning at 11 am i left at 2 30 we had sold just over 700

:thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
15-12-2009, 05:02 PM

Probably 700 more than us right now, Jackie. Still, a nice derby win against Los Yambolinos should see a late stampede.

dennykillie
15-12-2009, 08:40 PM
As of 14.30 today (1st day of sale) 700 tickets sold. Looks like a substantial away support!

Can the Leith pubs cope with the excessive demand for strong drink?

iwasthere1972
15-12-2009, 08:47 PM
As of 14.30 today (1st day of sale) 700 tickets sold. Looks like a substantial away support!

Well done Meadow. :thumbsup:

GlesgaeHibby
15-12-2009, 08:51 PM

:thumbsup: Brilliant News.

ronaldo7
15-12-2009, 08:51 PM

Great first day sales:thumbsup:

Get the rest of them sold, and you can get some more:wink:

The Meadow might have more fans at Easter Road than the Mighty yams bring

HibbyAndy
15-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Good stuff, well done yous lot.

PISTOL1875
15-12-2009, 08:59 PM
I know a guy from Irvine and he was telling me that they will be looking to bring 2000+..

Hibernian Verse
15-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Keep it coming, the more the merrier! Would be great to see as full a south stand as possible. :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
15-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Well Done Meadow :thumbsup:

jackieboy
15-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Getting near the 1000 mark now i think we might not be far away fae filling at least the bottom of the stand

James.
15-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Getting near the 1000 mark now i think we might not be far away fae filling at least the bottom of the stand

Am I right in saying they're they only being sold at the Turf Hotel? If thats the case they must be making a pretty penny in drink sales as the punters go into buy their tickets. Great to see so many tickets sold already! :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
15-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Great first day sales:thumbsup:

Get the rest of them sold, and you can get some more:wink:

The Meadow might have more fans at Easter Road than the Mighty yams bring

Quality over quantity in this case. :agree:

jackieboy
15-12-2009, 09:37 PM
A stampede would be great im pretty sure you will take care of your near neighbours in the derby.

jackieboy
15-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Was a no brainer in reality where were going to sell the tickets. Kevin from the Turf has been fantastic with the Supporters Club in the last 2 seasons.
Tickets will go onsale from a shop just before the Mall next week hopefully we need to request more briefs fae the Hibs

Brooster
16-12-2009, 07:15 AM

Dont kid yourself mate, of course Hibs have had them watched - at Aberdeen.

copycat
16-12-2009, 07:47 AM

and anyone in football will tell you that no competitve games for 3 weeks and then the biggest game of your lives is the worst case scenario, you need games to stay match sharp.

lapsedhibee
16-12-2009, 08:22 AM
A couple of weeks (12 days to be precise) 2 l8 perhaps, but have a read on the Wiki under the title 'Unlikely coincidence'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbroath_36%E2%80%930_Bon_Accord

Interesting little ready.

"The record for highest victory in a senior football competition was set on October 31, 2002 when the Malagasy club AS Adema beat SOE Antananarivo 149-0 in the national championship. SOE scored own goals throughout the match as a protest to a referee decision in a prior match."

This sounds like the kind of protest that yams might be persuaded to make (throwing empty season books on to the pitch, sending black faxes to UBIG HQ, etc). I hope someone writes an open letter to Mr Romanov suggesting that the troubled Hearts team does this sometime in January. It might also help their 'strikers' regain their 'touch'.

joe breezy
16-12-2009, 08:33 AM
and anyone in football will tell you that no competitve games for 3 weeks and then the biggest game of your lives is the worst case scenario, you need games to stay match sharp.

There's no worse case scenario for medda (as they seem to be known ddon Ayrshire way)

They can't lose - all the pressure is on Hibs

sadtom
16-12-2009, 08:35 AM

Can the Meada fans cope with the excessive Embra prices?

Hope there are plenty medics on hand to help the few dozen who will probably pass oot wi shock!!

Cabbage East
16-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Good stuff.

joe breezy
16-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Someone was on the radio moaning about Meadow being allowed to be in the Scottish Cup along the lines of Junior grounds aren't subject to the same rules and regulations so it's cheaper to run these clubs.

Maybe says more bout the SFA and how it should be opened out to more clubs without ridiculous red tape.

The system in Scotland is wrong - junior clubs should be able to be promoted in the way conference clubs are and should be welcomed into the Scottish Cup.

Get rid of the red tape for our lower league clubs too if keeping within SFA regulations costs so much.

Unfortunately I'll be back in London by the match date but hope everyone has a good day

jackieboy
16-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Whats the average price o a pint doon Leith way. Im sitting doon so you can tell the truth lol.

Mon Dieu4
16-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Whats the average price o a pint doon Leith way. Im sitting doon so you can tell the truth lol.

About £2.60-£3.00 odd

Killiehibbie
16-12-2009, 12:47 PM
About £2.60-£3.00 odd

Not much dearer than pubs down this neck of the woods.

killiedow
21-12-2009, 03:58 PM
if you read between the lines mate you'll suss out i said it with my tongue firmly in my cheek! anyway hears to a good game and a few beers and banter before and after the game from both sets of fans,whats a good friendly hibs pub where we'll be made welcome?

Nando™
21-12-2009, 04:07 PM
if you read between the lines mate you'll suss out i said it with my tongue firmly in my cheek! anyway hears to a good game and a few beers and banter before and after the game from both sets of fans,whats a good friendly hibs pub where we'll be made welcome?
The Roseburn.

.Sean.
21-12-2009, 04:43 PM
The Roseburn.

:faf:

Pretty sure it'll be Middletons for them like.

killiedow
21-12-2009, 09:08 PM
are their any pubs we won't be welcome in?

MSK
21-12-2009, 09:16 PM
are their any pubs we won't be welcome in?No ..im sure you will be welcome in whatever pub you chose to do yer pre-match swallying ....:party:

Jaz
21-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Not much dearer than pubs down this neck of the woods.

Just don't go drinking at the West End.

Was in the Rutland recently and 3 beers cost me £14!!

Ed De Gramo
21-12-2009, 10:32 PM

Easter Road pubs are welcoming and the fans will banter with you....unlike the west of the city :cool2:

Golden Bear
22-12-2009, 12:49 PM
There's not much time left for season ticket holders to reserve their seats - unless of course you took out the top up option.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/scottish-cup-tickets-on-sale-now-20091221_2262950_1911591

Hibee_Craig7062
22-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Bought my half season ticket 2 weeks ago

Just went onto E ticketing after reading the info on the official site which states you will be able to reserve your own seat and they will add it to the card. Guess what...........no option to do this. anyone else had the same issue?

Golden Bear
22-12-2009, 01:08 PM

Just went onto E ticketing after reading the info on the official site which states you will be able to reserve your own seat and they will add it to the card. Guess what...........no option to do this. anyone else had the same issue?

I'm not quite sure what that all meant.

Hibby K
22-12-2009, 01:12 PM

Very confusing ticket site - tried to top up my daughter's card last night for the Irvine game but wasn't confident it would let me do it and site wanted to charge me an extra £1.50 for saving someone in the ticket office some work!
In the end I went down to the ticket office today, handed over the money, was told the card was topped up, didn't give me a receipt and probably will find out on match day that the card won't let her in!!! :bitchy:

Hibee_Craig7062
22-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Very confusing ticket site - tried to top up my daughter's card last night for the Irvine game but wasn't confident it would let me do it and site wanted to charge me an extra £1.50 for saving someone in the ticket office some work!
In the end I went down to the ticket office today, handed over the money, was told the card was topped up, didn't give me a receipt and probably will find out on match day that the card won't let her in!!! :bitchy:

Out of curiousity searched my seat in the find seat option and its coming up. So since we are still in a period where season ticket holders can book their own seats i can only think there is something that hasnt been done properly when issuing the half season ticket cos if i can search for my seat and be offered it then so can someone else.
Also its wanting to charge me £16.50 and not £15 which is also contradictory to info given on official site. :grr:

poolman
22-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Just don't go drinking at the West End.

Was in the Rutland recently and 3 beers cost me £14!!

:shocked::dizzy:

Cabbage East
22-12-2009, 01:59 PM

I don't there's many Hibbys with grudges against you lot, so you whould be fine :wink:

hibbymac
22-12-2009, 02:42 PM

Might be worth phoning the Hibs supporters club, they sometimes let opposing fans in, if they have "pre booked", ... details can be found here - Hibs Club (http://www.hibsclub.co.uk/)

Ritchie
22-12-2009, 03:44 PM
just bought my ticket... didnt take my season ticket seat in the east, instead i've decided ill watch the game in the west as i've only sat there about 2 times since it was built.

get your prawn sandwiches oot! :greengrin

Saorsa
22-12-2009, 05:56 PM
just bought my ticket... didnt take my season ticket seat in the east, instead i've decided ill watch the game in the west as i've only sat there about 2 times since it was built.

get your prawn sandwiches oot! :greengrin:tsk tsk: :greengrin

Got my seat in the east for this today, was added tae my card, I hope the bloody thing worked :greengrin

Ritchie
22-12-2009, 05:59 PM
:tsk tsk: :greengrin

Got my seat in the east for this today, was added tae my card, I hope the bloody thing worked :greengrin

i know i know...... im just doing it so it reminds me why i sit in the east and not the west. :wink:

Lofarl
22-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Same thing here, no option to put the match on my half season ticket. Cost me £1.50 booking fee too. I suppose I'll have to stand in line to pick up a ticket for the seat I payed for to stop me standing in line to pick up tickets. Or is that the other line?

Barney McGrew
22-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Same thing here, no option to put the match on my half season ticket. Cost me £1.50 booking fee too. I suppose I'll have to stand in line to pick up a ticket for the seat I payed for to stop me standing in line to pick up tickets. Or is that the other line?

Ticket collection is at the two left hand windows of the ticket office, usually split alphabetically A-M and N-Z

fife hfc
22-12-2009, 08:55 PM

This is the problem i have with this system and would always go into ticket office, need to go in on Sunday now. It would cost me an extra £3.00 topping up:grr: Get stuffed.

Alicky Ranks
23-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Because I'll be working right up till Christmas, the cost of flights has scuppered my plans to make it back for the games over the festive season, but I will be coming home in January and am hoping to take my dad and brother to the Irvine Meadow game. Not having been to ER for yonks can anyone tell me if it's possible to buy tickets at the ground on the day of the game? Or is there such a thing as a cash gate for a game like this?

PISTOL1875
23-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Because I'll be working right up till Christmas, the cost of flights has scuppered my plans to make it back for the games over the festive season, but I will be coming home in January and am hoping to take my dad and brother to the Irvine Meadow game. Not having been to ER for yonks can anyone tell me if it's possible to buy tickets at the ground on the day of the game? Or is there such a thing as a cash gate for a game like this?

Buy tickets online and pick them up on the day of the game.. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

madhibby
23-12-2009, 09:37 PM
You will certainly be able to pay at the turnstile on the day of the game