PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk for the Drop?

Sergey
29-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Not for me after what I've witnessed over the last couple of weeks.

They're a decent looking side that play some decent looking fitba and are by no means the worst that I've seen in the SPL.

It wouldn't surprise me if they picked up a few victories over the coming weeks. If they did, it would certainly put the frighteners up a few other teams in the bottom half.

EasterRoad4Ever
29-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Not for me after what I've witnessed over the last couple of weeks.

They're a decent looking side that play some decent looking fitba and are by no means the worst that I've seen in the SPL.

It wouldn't surprise me if they picked up a few victories over the coming weeks. If they did, it would certainly put the frighteners up a few other teams in the bottom half.

For all their pretty play they can't score goals. Same as last season,y willl be main candidates fro the drop.

BEEJ
29-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Recent short-term signings like Moutinho may make the difference.

Part/Time Supporter
29-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Need to sign one, probably two, strikers to have much chance of staying up. They're more likely to lose players (Barr, Arfield). They are having to use a 38 year old (Bullen) who was only coaching a few weeks ago and hasn't played regularly in attack for nearly 10 years. That is a ridiculous state of affairs.

Sergey
29-11-2009, 10:44 AM
For all their pretty play they can't score goals. Same as last season,y willl be main candidates fro the drop.

I've got to disagree. They banged 3 past Celtic (and could have scored more) and not many teams in the SPL will do that this season.

Their recent form looks decent (they've only lost 2 at home) and with matches against St. Mirren, Killie and the Yams coming up, a couple of victories could easily move them off the bottom.

Baw187
29-11-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm not sure. They'll need to start picking up points soon by turning decent performances in to wins otherwise they're going to struggle.

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2009, 12:04 PM
They will probably lose more better players than they get, in the January window. It will be tight at the bottom, i would not rule them out from going down.

The Green Goblin
29-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I've got to disagree. They banged 3 past Celtic (and could have scored more) and not many teams in the SPL will do that this season.

Their recent form looks decent (they've only lost 2 at home) and with matches against St. Mirren, Killie and the Yams coming up, a couple of victories could easily move them off the bottom.

Are you sure about that? :greengrin

GG

Toaods
29-11-2009, 12:09 PM
they are a bit thin at the moment injury wise but the mian thing is that they don't look disinterested. That is the type of thing that kept St Mirren alive last season...solid performances then a wee purple patch of wins.

better players than Hamilton IMHO.