PDA

View Full Version : John Rankin

greenlex
28-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Just like to say I thought John was outstanding today in the first half. Faded a bit in the second along with the rest of the midfield but worth a mention.

18/03/07
28-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Just like to say I thought John was outstanding today in the first half. Faded a bit in the second along with the rest of the midfield but worth a mention.
Yup, i'd give him a 7 out of 10

Shrekko
28-11-2009, 11:43 PM
I think Hibs midfield is much poorer without McBride but one thing I must say is that JR really gives his all and thats all you can ask once Yogi puts him on the team-sheet.

carnoustiehibee
29-11-2009, 01:08 AM
thought he was mince, never gave nothing going forward and gave no support to defenece. constantly gave the ball away and will never make it at spl level.

Hibee_Lisa
29-11-2009, 01:14 AM
thought he was mince, never gave nothing going forward and gave no support to defenece. constantly gave the ball away and will never make it at spl level.

Must admit I thought he was terrible today, would much rather Cregg was in the team ahead of him.

Hibercelona
29-11-2009, 01:20 AM
He was no bad.

He certainly gives it his all, even if he doesn't stand out.

Hibs90
29-11-2009, 06:20 AM
Rankins pish. End of.

Judas Iscariot
29-11-2009, 08:57 AM
He was no bad.

He certainly gives it his all, even if he doesn't stand out.

He was ok for the 1st 20 mind or so then back to his usual gash..

And this "Gives his all plsh".. So what? My 2 dugs would give their all chasing the ball out on the park but that doesn't warrant them a game does it?!

random sub
29-11-2009, 09:25 AM
6 out of 10 I thought and our midfield looked a bit out of sorts today. Zemmama had a quite game, Rankin was average and we missed McBride. Miller was the stand out performer.

Dashing Bob S
29-11-2009, 10:47 AM
I feel Rankin's days at ER might be numbered. He's not a bad player, it's just I think Yogi has set the bar a bit higher now. Could see him being used as makeweight in transfer deals in Jan.

euro Hibby
29-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Thought Rankin worked his socks of but is an average player at best. Miller might have been our best in midfiled but having said that thought he did not have a great game. The wee man Zemmana was short of match fitness.

500miles
29-11-2009, 11:01 AM

He's been playing in the SPL for near enough 4 years now, with two different teams, being first choice for long spells at both. I think that qualifies as him "making it" at SPL level.:cool2:

Rankin is decent, but he's not in your first XI if you want to split the OF or achieve greater things than 3rd.

Baw187
29-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Rankin did well when he stuck to the task of providing a deep option in midfield as Mcbride does. When he ventured forward he was back to being mince.

I did say at half time I thought he'd played well though. Did the link up job ok.

jakedance
29-11-2009, 11:09 AM
I thought he had a really good game yesterday. He's a great squad player. We've not had many squads where we've had that kind of quality to call on.

fife hfc
29-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I thought he played well yesterday and stopped a certain goal in the first half. We certainly missed Mcbride and i thought zemmama was poor and miller was a bit out numbered in the middle. Rankin gave us energy and got through a power of work that was required but he is not first choice, but a good squad player.

Cropley10
29-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Rankin did well when he stuck to the task of providing a deep option in midfield as Mcbride does. When he ventured forward he was back to being mince.

I did say at half time I thought he'd played well though. Did the link up job ok.

:agree: well said.

He started off getting the ball, taking a touch and passing it. He ended up trying to push on and score. I seem to recall a 'shot' that went about 6 feet in the air and an attempted screamer.

I've never thought he's been up to much and don't think we'd miss him...

Hibbyradge
29-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Rankins pish. End of.

Ah, the objectivity of youth.

Tyler Durden
29-11-2009, 01:07 PM
I think Hibs midfield is much poorer without McBride but one thing I must say is that JR really gives his all and thats all you can ask once Yogi puts him on the team-sheet.

Surely that's the absolute minimum you should expect?

I'd much rather see Cregg in the side in the absence of McBride but FWIW thought Rankin did some good work defensively yesterday. His shooting, apparently one of his strengths, remains woeful.