PDA

View Full Version : Bamba - slightly too laid back???

lyonhibs
28-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Before I go on, let me say that I thought Bamba had a cracking game today.

but.............

In my opinion, on another day, against a better team, his seemingly pathological desire to take another touch/attempt to skin the oncoming striker will land us in hot water. My heart was in my mouth on several times, and although his strength and telescopic legs got him out of trouble today, I think he needs to keep it basic when in possession at the back, which - on occasion - can mean just putting his foot/head through the ball and getting on with the game, as opposed to playing keepie-uppies and going on 1 man slalom's just outside our 18 yard box!!

Maka's Cruyff turn was treading the knife-edge between genius and disaster just a little bit too much for my - and seemingly Yogi's - liking as well.

Clean sheets will be - and have been - the foundation of our season, and I just feel minimising the fannying about at the back we saw today will be necessary to keep our impressive defensive record.

FraserHFC
28-11-2009, 07:17 PM
He does this every week although today he didn't seem to be doing it as well as usual. Hopefully he cuts it out before it costs us.

deek68
28-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Before I go on, let me say that I thought Bamba had a cracking game today.

but.............

In my opinion, on another day, against a better team, his seemingly pathological desire to take another touch/attempt to skin the oncoming striker will land us in hot water. My heart was in my mouth on several times, and although his strength and telescopic legs got him out of trouble today, I think he needs to keep it basic when in possession at the back, which - on occasion - can mean just putting his foot/head through the ball and getting on with the game, as opposed to playing keepie-uppies and going on 1 man slalom's just outside our 18 yard box!!

Maka's Cruyff turn was treading the knife-edge between genius and disaster just a little bit too much for my - and seemingly Yogi's - liking as well.

Clean sheets will be - and have been - the foundation of our season, and I just feel minimising the fannying about at the back we saw today will be necessary to keep our impressive defensive record.

Both Bamba and Maka "got away with it" today and you're right, on another day it will cost us dearly.

Goals conceded stats:

Tic 14
Huns 8
Hibs 9
Arabs 10
M'well 14
Sheep 11
Big team 16

StevieC
28-11-2009, 08:46 PM
But for an excellent finger-tip save from Maka, Bamba losing possession would have cost us a goal.

:agree:

Outstanding in midfield .. Titus Bramble at the back.

:hmmm:

Jack
29-11-2009, 01:23 AM
They get away with it nearly all the time and I'd rather loose the odd goal and have that bit of excitement in a game than watch 11 robots do the simple thing for 90 minutes.

bigstu
29-11-2009, 01:35 AM
i wasnt there but i think bamba is spot on, ive always thought he can be risky but i dont think i've EVER seen him lose the ball, he's a great player. Underated

Hibercelona
29-11-2009, 01:49 AM
Bamba does things the hard way because he can. :agree:

Always believe in the Sol.

cabbage07
29-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Bamba isnt interested anymore at hibs ,doesnt speak to other players ,fakes injury as well ,believe me this is fact :wink:

.Sean.
29-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Been saying this for a while.

If he was to head to Engerland he'd be 'found ouy' so to speak :agree:

Good enough player for the SPL though