PDA

View Full Version : Crowd v Falkirk / Swipe Card System (MERGED)

Leith Green
27-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Was just on Radio Forth saying he thinks we will get a crowd of about fifteen an a half thousand against Falkirk... With the Hibees reunited scheme etc etc..

Have to say I think that is being very very optimistic indeed, he mentioned we had just under 14k versus Aberdeen but forgets that take away the Aberdeen fans the gate would have been just over 12k..

Can't see us suddenly pulling in an extra 3500 fans because of Hibees reunited.. I reckon 13500 max tomorrow..

Thoughts??

Onceinawhile
27-11-2009, 12:18 PM
It's also a hibs kids game :wink:

Leith Green
27-11-2009, 12:32 PM
It's also a hibs kids game :wink:

Yeah, I know mate but that doesnt add too much extra to the gate,
tends to just mean a lot of parents who already have tickets need to move for the game etc ...

Cammy
27-11-2009, 12:36 PM
I don't get to many games nowadays, but I will be there with my 5 year old daughter for hibs kids day. So that's an extra 2 onto the gate.:thumbsup:

PaulSmith
27-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Was just on Radio Forth saying he thinks we will get a crowd of about fifteen an a half thousand against Falkirk... With the Hibees reunited scheme etc etc..

Have to say I think that is being very very optimistic indeed, he mentioned we had just under 14k versus Aberdeen but forgets that take away the Aberdeen fans the gate would have been just over 12k..

Can't see us suddenly pulling in an extra 3500 fans because of Hibees reunited.. I reckon 13500 max tomorrow..

Thoughts??

Have a look at the online booking

Viva_Palmeiras
27-11-2009, 12:51 PM
tends to just mean a lot of parents who already have tickets need to move for the game etc ...

Is the glass half full or empty :wink:

Does it hurt to be optomistic - would you rather he said "I think due to the weather, the economy that there will be a sparse crowd, the atmosphere of the moon so if you're undecided dont bother"?

Who knows being positive might encourage folks along.

And if I were Yogi I might just have had an indication on how ticket sales were going just to see if I was on the right lines...

Now how do you get this thingy to do a mexican wave...?

:notworthy::notworthy: :notworthy:

Leith Green
27-11-2009, 01:51 PM

Wot do you mean mate??

Leith Green
27-11-2009, 01:54 PM

Does it hurt to be optomistic - would you rather he said "I think due to the weather, the economy that there will be a sparse crowd, the atmosphere of the moon so if you're undecided dont bother"?

And if I were Yogi I might just have had an indication on how ticket sales were going just to see if I was on the right lines...

:notworthy::notworthy: :notworthy:

I didnt say it hurt to be optimistic or that I'd rather he was pesamistic did I?

I said that the figure of 15500 is very optimistic, baring in mind we had 14k vs Celtic including 3700 Tims and 13880 vs Aberdeen including 1800 Dons..

I still think we will be doing well to get near 14k...

Danderhall Hibs
27-11-2009, 01:59 PM
I still think we will be doing well to get near 14k...

I agree. That's not being pessimistic or optimistic.

Just realistic.

Jack
27-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Maybe he has insider information from the Ticket Office???

PaulSmith
27-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Wot do you mean mate??

It'll tell you that there are 4 blocks sold out already in the West Stand and limited seats in the others.
Famous Five Stand is showing limited seats as well in all their blocks.

For a Cat B game I cannot recall ever seeing this at this stage.

Danderhall Hibs
27-11-2009, 02:20 PM

:tee hee: When have they ever got it right? :greengrin

Mikey
27-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Much depends on whether people have bought into the Hibees Reunited initiative.

In the time it takes to start a thread questioning Yogi's crowd estimate you could fire off a text to everyone in your contacts list that hasn't been to see the Hibees for a while.

It's that easy!

There were 12,101 Hibs fans at the game against Aberdeen. If 25% of those people bring 1 person back we're looking at over 16,000.

WE can make it happen.

MSK
27-11-2009, 02:28 PM
It'll tell you that there are 4 blocks sold out already in the West Stand and limited seats in the others.
Famous Five Stand is showing limited seats as well in all their blocks.

For a Cat B game I cannot recall ever not seeing this at this stage.Was down this afternoon for 2 tickets FF upper ..couldnt get two seats together ...

ArabHibee
27-11-2009, 02:32 PM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_11.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt479YYGB)

:wink:

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxpt479YYGB (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZNxpt479YYGB&utm_id=7923)

basehibby
27-11-2009, 02:52 PM

:bitchy: Disagree - Hibs kids usually adds about 2K to the gate from what I remember. So if Hibees re-united can match that then Yogi will not be far off the mark - here's hoping!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Spike Mandela
27-11-2009, 04:01 PM
It's one thing getting them through the door, but the important thing now is for Hibs to put on a good performance, get a result and encourage these people to come back again.

matty_f
27-11-2009, 04:50 PM
It's one thing getting them through the door, but the important thing now is for Hibs to put on a good performance, get a result and encourage these people to come back again.

:top marks It's a big opportunity for Yogi to send a message out to those that could become regulars.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Falkirk bring a decent squad of fans through with them. Would like to see actual net Hibs fans from recent games if that was possible. I think that the slow return of fans is more to do with the situation in the economy just now TBH and less to do with the quality of the football. For what it is worth, I think that the Falkirk away support are quality. Usually make a real din for 90 mins.:not worth:singing::clapper:

Mikey
27-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Falkirk bring a decent squad of fans through with them. Would like to see actual net Hibs fans from recent games if that was possible. I think that the slow return of fans is more to do with the situation in the economy just now TBH and less to do with the quality of the football. For what it is worth, I think that the Falkirk away support are quality. Usually make a real din for 90 mins.:not worth:singing::clapper:

There were 12,101 Hibs fans at the game against Aberdeen. The attendance was 13,885.

Jack
27-11-2009, 08:24 PM
There were 12,101 Hibs fans at the game against Aberdeen. The attendance was 13,885.

Where do you get these home and away fans figures?

Mikey
27-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Where do you get these home and away fans figures?

I just picked them up at the time. I don't think they're normally available.

Hibercelona
27-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Perhaps stating that there will be a big crowd, will encourage more fans to turn up for the game expecting a good atmosphere. That with the added fact that its a Hibs kids game and the Hibees reunited thing going on...

I don't see how 15k isn't achievable.

I'll be there tomorrow with my dad... so theres another 2 going to be there. :agree:

Every little helps. :greengrin

:notworthy:

hfc rd
27-11-2009, 09:55 PM
14k is my estimation.

heretoday
27-11-2009, 10:12 PM
I just picked them up at the time. I don't think they're normally available.

That's a great avatar you have there. Brings a tear to the eye!

KWJ
28-11-2009, 01:25 AM
It's a bit of a shame that we're not confident of punching 14k let alone 15k on a match with plenty of incentives, where we should really be winning and putting on a show and when we're sitting 3rd in the table.

We were getting around that now and then in the 1st division shirley we should be able to get at least that when there's a feel good factor around the place.

So yeah in the words of Delia "WHERE ARE YOU?"

Not that I'll be there likes :wink:

SouthamptonHibs
28-11-2009, 06:07 AM
add aother 1 to the crowd, i'm flying up in an hour or so.....can't wait:thumbsup:

can't wait, Hibs to win 4 nil today DEEK, Stokes, Benji and Nish all to score

We are Hibernian fc........

Hibbyradge
28-11-2009, 06:25 AM
It's a bit of a shame that we're not confident of punching 14k let alone 15k on a match with plenty of incentives, where we should really be winning and putting on a show and when we're sitting 3rd in the table.

We were getting around that now and then in the 1st division shirley we should be able to get at least that when there's a feel good factor around the place.

Yogi is. :wink:

We only broke 10000 on 4 occasions that season and we didn't manage that until Christmas.

PaulSmith
28-11-2009, 06:56 AM
Yogi is. :wink:

We only broke 10000 on 4 occasions that season and we didn't manage that until Christmas.

regarding the 1st Div attendances, does anyone have a list of them as I think that there's a bit of a myth that we were playing to crowds of 14k every week.

erin go bragh
28-11-2009, 07:12 AM
hibs have over 1000 hibs kids [only man utd have more kids]
aberdeen came with just under 2000. falkirk might bring 800 to 1000
15000 and 3 points /yes please :notworthy:

Barney McGrew
28-11-2009, 07:21 AM
regarding the 1st Div attendances, does anyone have a list of them as I think that there's a bit of a myth that we were playing to crowds of 14k every week.

15-08-98 Stranraer 8000
29-08-98 Ayr 9222
19-09-98 Raith 8850
26-09-98 Hamilton 9695
17-10-98 Morton 9520
31-10-98 Clydebank 9027
24-11-98 St Mirren 9097
28-11-98 Airdrie 9758
12-12-98 Falkirk 12570
19-12-98 Clydebank 9060
26-12-98 Ayr 14106
02-01-99 Raith 14703
16-01-99 Hamilton 10229
06-02-99 Stranraer 8649
20-03-99 Airdrie 9990
17-04-99 St Mirren 8696
24-04-04 Morton 8874
08-05-99 Falkirk 14843

Average was 10821 for that season

Fantic
28-11-2009, 07:41 AM
At the last Hibs Kids game against Dundee Utd the crowd was 13056. I'll go for about 14000 today.

bighairyfaeleith
28-11-2009, 08:04 AM
who gives a ****, just go along and support the hibees, I couldnae care if no one turns up, I'll still be there!!!

Hibees Reunited
28-11-2009, 06:30 PM
There were 12,439 Hibs fans there today and the total attendance was 13,303.

That compares to 12,101 Hibs fans who attended the game against Aberdeen.

Can we do better next week? We're second equal in the league and scoring some great goals. Let's get those extra lapsed hibees back in the fold :thumbsup:

FraserHFC
28-11-2009, 06:33 PM

Can we do better next week? We're second equal in the league and scoring some great goals. Let's get those extra lapsed hibees back in the fold :thumbsup:

Looked like much more than that at the game today, granted I can't see the most of the West Lower or any of the Upper from my seat.

Danderhall Hibs
28-11-2009, 06:37 PM

Any idea how many of the "extra" 338 were Hibs Kids?

Hibby 2005
28-11-2009, 06:42 PM
As Yogi has already said, this team is still a good bit away from what he sees as his dream team, so to be 2nd ain"t all that bad. Everyone keeps waiting for the wheels to come off, maybe, just maybe, they won't.

Tha Cabbage Kid
28-11-2009, 06:47 PM
im sure if there wasnt a ressesion we would find alot more people at the games!

money is tight for people these days! so i dont think you can be too upset at our atendances

but more will come if we keep it up

Darren1875
28-11-2009, 07:00 PM
One of the main reason's i was not there today was that ive just paid 250 quid on a 1/2 season ticket for myself and my 2 son's, so in a few weeks i'll be a :notworthy:, just a pitty i'm skint, but will be well worth it.

:thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
28-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Looked like much more than that at the game today, granted I can't see the most of the West Lower or any of the Upper from my seat.

There were more than that at the game today, the attendance figures at ER are nonsense as far as i'm concerned.

I would love to know where the 4,000 empty seats were.

The East was pretty much full, as was the Famous Five. I am in the West so I can't really tell how full that was, however it was packed round about me.

The South Lower was also about 80-85% full.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-11-2009, 07:13 PM
im sure if there wasnt a ressesion we would find alot more people at the games!

money is tight for people these days! so i dont think you can be too upset at our atendances

but more will come if we keep it up

Good point. Everyone is suffering from the fallout of the recession, Hibs are not immune. So if we can encourage folks back under these circumstances hopefully this augurs well when the better times come around.

Plus if it would have otherwise meant an even bigger hit its still worth it.

I think its a worthwhile cause and hopefully its just the beginning.

Hopefully there will be enough food for thought for the club...

If possible, the breakdown on the figures will be interesting - how many newbies/returnees after long absence versus the folks that couldn't make it that may otherwise have been there. And of course do they come back?

For the folks that couldn't make it, it would be interesting to know what if any the barriers were (financial, other commitment, unable to sit with mate etc.)

FraserHFC
28-11-2009, 07:14 PM
There were more than that at the game today, the attendance figures at ER are nonsense as far as i'm concerned.

The East was pretty much full, as was the Famous Five. I am in the West so I can't really tell how full that was, however it was packed round about me.

Thats the way I saw it. The Section I was in in the West also seemed full, although it is for most games anyway.

lyonhibs
28-11-2009, 07:17 PM

:agree: :agree:

West was pretty packed, apart from the inevitable gaps in the "posh" seats and at the extreme end blocks in the lower tier.

South Upper must be about 1500-1700 seats, maybe a couple of hundred more empty in the South Stand.

That leaves over 2000 empty seats to be found in the other 3 stands??

I think not - I would have put the estimate at more like 14,000 - 14,500

jabis
28-11-2009, 07:25 PM
took along a friend today,who hadn't been for a couple of years,he enjoyed it !

when I picked him up,he said "got a wee present for you !"

SIGNED FRAMED HIBS STRIP (Jones,Whitty,Sproule,Murphy,Broony,katie,Murray,S . Brown and the rest) :greengrin

"It's been sitting in storage,I bought it at a charity auction,ma pal got the signed hearts top,and I was damned sure the Hibs top was going to raise more !"

Alister,I thank you :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

as an aside,the girlfriend did a double take as i walked in with it.

Got another on the wall,signed by- Yogi,Charnley,Rougie,Dow,Crawford,Oli,Bjarni,Boco, ...and the rest :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
28-11-2009, 07:27 PM

The ends of the terracing looked emptyish - especially the one near the away end. The whole of the top tier in the away end must be 1500-1750 as well? Plus there are quite a lot of solo seats scattered around the ground.

I don't know if it adds up to 4500-5000 empty seats but I've no reason to believe that my or your eyes can add up better than the electronic turnstiles.

woody47
28-11-2009, 07:37 PM
There were quite a few empty 'seats' in the east. It always looks busier becuase we mostly stand but still quite a few spaces. South was pretty empty considering it was Hibs kids day. West had a few missing and a huge gap in the posh seats. FF also had quite a few missing so all in all reckon the figures were pretty spot on.

Hibees Reunited
29-11-2009, 09:28 AM
I've seen a few comments suggesting that there was glitch in the west stand and people were allowed in simply by showing their card and it wasn't scanned.

Now I think about it I think that may have happened to me too. When I held my card out and put it through the wee window I wasn't aware of it being scanned.

In which case those people won't have been counted.

Baw187
29-11-2009, 09:42 AM
I've seen a few comments suggesting that there was glitch in the west stand and people were allowed in simply by showing their card and it wasn't scanned.

Now I think about it I think that may have happened to me too. When I held my card out and put it through the wee window I wasn't aware of it being scanned.

:agree:

When I got in the ground at 14.55 there was still a big queue so the head steward guy told all the operaters only to scan tickets, not ST cards. When I got in to the West lower at this time, it looked empty, so that's a lot of people to come in and not be registered.

When I seen this, I thought that we must do what Hearts clearly do and count evey ST as a stick on seat regardless of whether they attended or not.

StevieC
29-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Not seen it mentioned but by the time I went through the turnstile the card system had failed. The turnstile guy (what is their proper title?) just let us through anyway so it was not a problem for the supporters, but what are the repercussions of the failure and how might it affect future games? I would have thought the official site might have had something about it.

Hibbyradge
29-11-2009, 09:49 AM
There were about 2000 empty seats in the South, loads of spaces in the east and the FF wasn't full either. I was in the West so I couldn;t tell.

13300 sounds about right, if not generous.

Very disappointing.

GlesgaeHibby
29-11-2009, 09:56 AM

A statement that you simply cannot back up with any evidence.

Hibs give attendance figures based on turnstile clicks, not ticket sales.

TheBall'sRound
29-11-2009, 09:58 AM

Would they not count the number of times the turnstile 'turned' though? Pretty failsafe system regardless of technology glitches!

Baw187
29-11-2009, 10:00 AM

In that case he can back it up because every ST holder who entered the lower west (nearest FF) from 14.55 onwards did not get 'clicked' in. Therefore there has to have been more at the game than Hibs recorded.

That is assuming that the scanning of the card consitutes the 'click' as oppose to the turnstyle turning through as TBR suggests !!

ArabHibee
29-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Not seen it mentioned but by the time I went through the turnstile the card system had failed. The turnstile guy (what is there proper title?) just let us through anyway so it was not a problem for the supporters, but what are the repercussions of the failure and how might it affect future games? I would have thought the official site might have had something about it.

Stevie

Not sure if the system failed or they knew they wouldn't get everyone through by kick-off time due to the size of the queues so put card holders through without scanning them?

There were about 2000 empty seats in the South, loads of spaces in the east and the FF wasn't full either. I was in the West so I couldn;t tell.

13300 sounds about right, if not generous.

Very disappointing.

But the attendance was up (admittedly only by a few hundred) on the Aberdeen game. And we were playing the team at the bottom of the league. I thought it was busier than normal for a game like that.

Wilson
29-11-2009, 10:03 AM
I have a strong feeling the attendance was higher than the figures quoted. No evidence to back it up - I didn't take a personal head count. If there was as many empty seats as are being suggested I did not see them.

Danderhall Hibs
29-11-2009, 10:20 AM
But the attendance was up (admittedly only by a few hundred) on the Aberdeen game. And we were playing the team at the bottom of the league. I thought it was busier than normal for a game like that.

I reckon it was on a par with any other Hibs Kids game.

MontrealHibs
29-11-2009, 10:30 AM
According to the SPL website we are around 2,000 a game behind the "big team" and still behind Aberdeen on average gates. Very poor given we are nine games without defeat.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_Statistics

truehibernian
29-11-2009, 11:12 AM
It was only 9 months ago, same fixture, we had only 10,500 at the game. Yesterday nearly 3K added to the attendance, on what was the coldest day I can remember this year. I would happily take being behind Hearts on attendance figures if it means we remain unbeaten, and only 2 points off top spot :agree: Well done to all those hardy souls who went yesterday to cheer on the boys IMO.

Ringothedog
29-11-2009, 11:20 AM
According to the SPL website we are around 2,000 a game behind the "big team" and still behind Aberdeen on average gates. Very poor given we are nine games without defeat.

Average attendances can mean anything. Our Average excluding our game againts celtc is about 12100. The Yams average taking out their games against us and the huns is about 12300. Aberdeens if you take out both their games against the OF is about 10000. A truer reflection is when you have played everybody home and away. I would guess our average will be about 13500 by then

Houchy
29-11-2009, 11:21 AM

Don't Aberdeen normally have the whole South Stand though? Given that Falkirk only had the usual away "quarter", surely the fact the crowd was up is great news and shows that there were much more hibs fans there than normal.

StevieC
29-11-2009, 11:26 AM

On average we always have, and likely always will (until they go bust :wink: ), have a marginally smaller support than the Yams. I wouldn't get too hung up on comparing attendance figures to other teams.

What we need to compare them to is our own attendance figures for similar games in previous seasons. If we can see a steady improvement over previous seasons then it shows that we must be doing something right.

Don't Aberdeen normally have the whole South Stand though? Given that Falkirk only had the usual away "quarter", surely the fact the crowd was up is great news and shows that there were much more hibs fans there than normal.

StevieC
29-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Stevie

Not sure if the system failed or they knew they wouldn't get everyone through by kick-off time due to the size of the queues so put card holders through without scanning them?

The guy at the turnstile I went went through said it had failed.

To be honest, I'm trying to think of any major issues that a failure might actually cause?

Other than maybe card holders trying to get into a stand they're not meant to be in, but why would they want to?

Not sure that there would be a market for forgeries on the basis that the system may or may not fail? Can't see it being an overcrowding/safety issue, and there's always turnstile clicks to confirm actual attendances.

Danderhall Hibs
29-11-2009, 11:42 AM

They only get 1/2 the away end now.

Lofarl
29-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Well I got to the game despite the vandals on the bathgate train line. Being in the east stand near the FF stand there was a few noticable gaps around me. The posh seats had a few gaps but on the whole the west an FF stand looked full to me.

I think the Motherwell game should bring out a few more fans. The weather was pretty cold yesterday an was very foggy around the Bathgate area. In fact If I was not told the weather was decent in the toon I might not have went. Could barely see 25 yards in front of me, hence half a match.

But Im glad I went. Will be going to see the Motherwell game then pick up my half season ticket.

Cropley10
29-11-2009, 11:49 AM

I'm sure the Big Team still count every season ticket in their attendance, then add on ticket sales and freebies to calculate the actual attendance.

This makes them feel better and that they're still a well supported, successful Club.

wee 162
29-11-2009, 11:50 AM

I agree that they do count turnstile clicks. And I would suspect strongly that those who are in the corporate section are therefore not counted in the official attendance. You can probably add on between a couple of hundred to around a thousand (OF & Jambo games) from there for any game imo.

Sir David Gray
29-11-2009, 11:56 AM

I was about to start a new thread on this very subject but since it's been raised here, I'll just reply to your post.

I arrived at the stadium around 2:20pm yesterday and the steward at the door asked us if we had our cards today, to which the answer was "yes". She then told us just to go through because she had been waiting for FORTY minutes for someone to give her a scanner and no-one had arrived.

Not a great start for the new system.

Obviously I have no evidence but I am basing it on the fact that Easter Road has around 17,500 seats. Yesterday's official attendance was 13,305. That means that there were more than 4,000 empty seats during yesterday's game, according to official figures.

Having looked around the stadium from my seat in the West Stand, I do not believe that that was the case.

I believe that the actual attendance was around the 14,000 mark.

Leith Green
30-11-2009, 10:41 AM

And what did that prove then Paul??

Leith Green
30-11-2009, 10:43 AM

His insider isn't too good then mate, is he??

Mikey
30-11-2009, 10:44 AM
His insider isn't too good then mate, is he??

How many lapsed hibees did you bring along?

Leith Green
30-11-2009, 10:49 AM
How many lapsed hibees did you bring along?

Three.. Wot about you??

Is it my fault we didn't get 15500 because I didnt bring along more than 3??

ahibby
30-11-2009, 10:53 AM
I noticed there were quite a few season ticket holders missing on Saturday. I guess they don't count even though they have paid?

Westie1875
30-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Three.. Wot about you??

Is it my fault we didn't get 15500 because I didnt bring along more than 3??

The attendance on Sat was 13,305, at the last cat B home game (vs Killie) it was 10,922. Thats an increase of nearly 2.5k, not bad at all IMO.

Leith Green
30-11-2009, 11:14 AM
The attendance on Sat was 13,305, at the last cat B home game (vs Killie) it was 10,922. Thats an increase of nearly 2.5k, not bad at all IMO.

Think the Aberedeen game was last cat B home game mate , but I agree that 13305 is a good improvement, and that was my original point and the reason I started the thread, I thought that any thoughts of a 15500 gate against Falkirk was very very optimistic...

Perhaps once we have reached the point where half season tickets kick in coupled with the Hibees reunited scheme then we can maybe look at getting 15k against the likes of Falkirk!

Danderhall Hibs
30-11-2009, 11:15 AM

Last cat B game at home was Aberdeen mate. The crowd was up 300 odd.

And it was a Hibs Kids game so I'd imagine that accounts for the difference.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-11-2009, 11:44 AM
It would be interesting to know the breakdown on the figures to know those attending as part of the HibsKids initiative as opposed to others who haven't been at all/in a while (and those missing). This is unlikely however.

What is important is to recognise the effort that people made as part of this initiative. As I've said before to a certain extent the numbers are less relevant. Every lapsed Hibee returning is a success - even more so if they keep coming back.:thumbsup:

:notworthy:(WIP)

Westie1875
30-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Last cat B game at home was Aberdeen mate. The crowd was up 300 odd.

And it was a Hibs Kids game so I'd imagine that accounts for the difference.

Thought the sheep were classed as cat A now ? Could be wrong as just assumed given we get locked in after the game etc.

Anyway, the sheep bring a lot more fans than Falkirk do so Hibees made up a bigger proportion of the crowd on Sat.

Andy74
30-11-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm a bit dubious about the campaign making any differnce at all, but of course it is a great effort by those involved and something needs done by someone.

The guys I know who don't come any longer do so for their own reasons and they are asked from time to time why they don't come along but don't.

I wouldn't think a single one of them would change their mind because there is an official intitative and they are simply just being asked again to come along.

For those who did manage to bring extra people - evidently those people were quite easy to get along - why weren't they asked before? Why would they come just becasue there was a name of an initiative to put behind the request?

I'd imagine overall the number of people who would be persuaded by this would be minimal?

Leith Green
30-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Thought the sheep were classed as cat A now ? Could be wrong as just assumed given we get locked in after the game etc.

Anyway, the sheep bring a lot more fans than Falkirk do so Hibees made up a bigger proportion of the crowd on Sat.

Falkirk brought about 1000 fans on Saturday and the gate was 13300 .. Aberdeen brought roughly 1800 fans and the gate was 13800 ..

So in reality we have about an extra 300 Hibs fans attending on Saturday, wether the Hibs kids were included in the attendance or not i dont know, but if they were then it would actually mean there were fewer Hibbies at the Falkirk game..

Viva_Palmeiras
30-11-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm a bit dubious about the campaign making any differnce at all, but of course it is a great effort by those involved and something needs done by someone.

The guys I know who don't come any longer do so for their own reasons and they are asked from time to time why they don't come along but don't.

I wouldn't think a single one of them would change their mind because there is an official intitative and they are simply just being asked again to come along.

For those who did manage to bring extra people - evidently those people were quite easy to get along - why weren't they asked before? Why would they come just becasue there was a name of an initiative to put behind the request?

I'd imagine overall the number of people who would be persuaded by this would be minimal?

Its a start but feedback is important and welcome IMO.

Just to clarify one aspect - maybe just wording however there was/is nothing "official" about this initiative. Nothing whatever to do with the club.

Sometimes people just need a nudge. HR gave an excuse to go out and ask again - why? well the reasons were included in the threads.

We cant do much about the economy but what if feedback revealed that being unable to sit next to your mates was one of the key reasons for non-attendance?

Maybe its down to the success of the half-season tickets. People (as one mentioned) splurged but then couldn't attend til the ticket started.

How small is too small to bother?

Here's a thought... With other clubs - Celtic at the weekend as an example - are feeling the pinch in these troubled times then surely no small number is too small to bother?

Danderhall Hibs
30-11-2009, 12:36 PM

Aberdeen tickets are included in the Cat B season ticket as far as I know.

:agree: It's a good idea.

I was just saying to my mate though that for some reason Hibs fans need to think there's something in it for them to make it worthwhile. Remember the crowd v Dundee United a few years back when they guaranteed you a SF ticket if you attended. Must've been nearly 16k in ER that day.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Falkirk brought about 1000 fans on Saturday and the gate was 13300 .. Aberdeen brought roughly 1800 fans and the gate was 13800 ..

So in reality we have about an extra 300 Hibs fans attending on Saturday, wether the Hibs kids were included in the attendance or not i dont know, but if they were then it would actually mean there were fewer Hibbies at the Falkirk game..

Well done on getting a reasonably accurate estimate - perhaps Yogi needs a lesson or two :wink:

You reasons were pretty sound.

Unfortunately we aint going to get any clarity/breakdown over the figures (I suspect). Could it be that the crowd would have been significantly lower had it not been for either of these initiatives?

But perhaps to put into some other perspective...

Attendance Opening game (16/8/08) of the season against Falkirk was 12,445.

For completeness 10,682 was the attendance on (28/2/09) for the 2nd match at ER.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C._season_2008%E2%80%9309

Lies damned lies and statistics. Perhaps LondonHearts can ajuducate on this on... :)

I think put in this context given the financial environment it puts things into a better light.

hibbymark
30-11-2009, 07:46 PM
The other thing to remember about the big teams average attend being approx 2000 more than ours is they have had a derby at the pbs 16762 including 3500 hibbies. Average attend without the derby shows a variance of 1104 between the two clubs which if you consider the fact they sold kids season tickets for about £25 this year plus the buy a top and help yourself to as many match tickets as you want offers etc aint that big a difference.

1875 NO 1
30-11-2009, 07:51 PM

The click of the turnstiles determines the crowd. Stacks of people didnt get their card swipped.

smack
30-11-2009, 08:26 PM

Do Hibs Kids not count as hibbies like?

NAE NOOKIE
30-11-2009, 10:05 PM
IMO over 13,000 is a good crowd for a game against the leagues bottom team. Would think we will get at least that for the Motherwell game.

If anybody is like me and started to attend ER on a regular basis after the mid 70s the thought that one day folk would be calling a crowd of 13,000 against Falkirk in a bog standard ( league position notwithstanding ) league match disappointing then we have come a long long way.

For what its worth I think the Hibees Reunited idea was well worth it and we should keep it going for as long as it takes.

hibby hib 69
30-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Anybody got any figures on how many half season tickets we have sold up until now

Leith Green
01-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Do Hibs Kids not count as hibbies like?

I dont know if that figure is included in the attendance or not ...

Andy74
01-12-2009, 09:55 AM
The other thing to remember about the big teams average attend being approx 2000 more than ours is they have had a derby at the pbs 16762 including 3500 hibbies. Average attend without the derby shows a variance of 1104 between the two clubs which if you consider the fact they sold kids season tickets for about £25 this year plus the buy a top and help yourself to as many match tickets as you want offers etc aint that big a difference.

Yep, Hearts have slightly bigger attendences but they will be taking in less money from it, it is so heavily made up of very cheap tickets.