PDA

View Full Version : Levein/Gannon

SneakersO'Toole
28-11-2009, 06:23 PM
If you haven't done so already, I would recommend listening on the BBC website to both these managers post-match comments from todays game.

It really highlights the thoughts of myself and i'm sure thousands of other fans across the country when it comes to the standard of the refereeing in the SPL. Not only that, but the accountability of our refs when it comes to making mistakes and how they hide behind that clown Hugh Dallas.

Well done to both managers for speaking out as this will continue unless the people with power are made to listen and take note of how bad the standard of refereeing is in Scotland.

swazzie
28-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Gannon, fair enough, he had no axe to grind and has no reputation for this that I know

Levein on the other hand runs whinging to the press shifting the blame every time his team doesn't win. He'd have a shred of credibility if he ever did it after they won. He'd be a total embarassment as national boss IMHO and the style of football we'd have to watch would just be neck breaking

Del Boy
28-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Gannon, fair enough, he had no axe to grind and has no reputation for this that I know

Levein on the other hand runs whinging to the press shifting the blame every time his team doesn't win. He'd have a shred of credibility if he ever did it after they won. He'd be a total embarassment as national boss IMHO and the style of football we'd have to watch would just be neck breaking

disagree, always find him pretty honest in his assessments and from what I've seen his United team play some pretty good football.

Onceinawhile
28-11-2009, 07:17 PM

Levein has no reputation what so ever. Let us not forget that last season he bet it on Sandaza scoring twenty goals over the season. Don't think the diving spaniard even got 15.:bye:

Danderhall Hibs
28-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Levein has no reputation what so ever. Let us not forget that last season he bet it on Sandaza scoring twenty goals over the season. Don't think the diving spaniard even got 15.:bye:

:hilarious :aok:

magpie1892
28-11-2009, 07:46 PM

The comments of an ignorant.

blackhibee
28-11-2009, 07:54 PM
If you haven't done so already, I would recommend listening on the BBC website to both these managers post-match comments from todays game.

It really highlights the thoughts of myself and i'm sure thousands of other fans across the country when it comes to the standard of the refereeing in the SPL. Not only that, but the accountability of our refs when it comes to making mistakes and how they hide behind that clown Hugh Dallas.

Well done to both managers for speaking out as this will continue unless the people with power are made to listen and take note of how bad the standard of refereeing is in Scotland.

I totally respect the comments of both managers in this particular case. I used to think Levein was quite biased in some of his assesments over the years, and did whinge a lot of some real nonsense, but he's always been pretty honest, and he said today that one of his players should have been sent off but wasn't. Gannon has tried to use the correct system to critisize referees, and surprise surprise has had no response, so has therefore decided to go public about it. Good on him IMO, he's tried to play fair but has reached the end of his tether.

Spike Mandela
28-11-2009, 08:41 PM
The day managers start criticising referees when their own team has benefited from dodgy decisions I'll maybe start taking them seriously.

All this guff about refereees using their 'discretion' and not booking a player or red cards that were only a yellow etc etc indicates to me there is a lot of managers who don't know the rules and are unprepared to confront the discipline of their own players.

As for the Levein love in, give it a ****ing break. Man's a self righteous, whinging Jambo tosser:grr:

swazzie
28-11-2009, 08:56 PM

hmmm, or just someone giving a different opinion to you :dunno:

why don't you give a constructive counter-argument like Del Boy?

or was your post ironic? :greengrin:

ancient hibee
28-11-2009, 09:48 PM
I totally respect the comments of both managers in this particular case. I used to think Levein was quite biased in some of his assesments over the years, and did whinge a lot of some real nonsense, but he's always been pretty honest, and he said today that one of his players should have been sent off but wasn't. Gannon has tried to use the correct system to critisize referees, and surprise surprise has had no response, so has therefore decided to go public about it. Good on him IMO, he's tried to play fair but has reached the end of his tether.
Don't think he said one of HIS players should have been sent off but rather A player.

blackhibee
29-11-2009, 12:07 AM
Don't think he said one of HIS players should have been sent off but rather A player.

Listen to the interview again, he quoted his name.

rainman
29-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Craig Levein discredits any argument regarding referess as he is a whingeing faced cant.

Moans about everything and anything when his team drops points.

sleeping giant
29-11-2009, 12:09 AM

:hilarious

Phil D. Rolls
29-11-2009, 08:34 AM

That's so post modern. :greengrin