PDA

View Full Version : What I liked About Today,

Hibby 2005
28-11-2009, 06:06 PM
was that Hogg, Bamba and somebody else (can't remember who) shook hands with Maka when he came on at half-time, can't remember Jones (ex-captain) ever doing that.

If Only
28-11-2009, 06:10 PM
was that Hogg, Bamba and somebody else (can't remember who) shook hands with Maka when he came on at half-time, can't remember Jones (ex-captain) ever doing that.

How many times did Maka come on as a sub when Jones was at E.R.?

Hibby 2005
28-11-2009, 06:11 PM
True, but there was no love lost.

--------
28-11-2009, 06:11 PM

I don't think Jones ever spoke to Maka (or listened to him) in all their time together at the club....

,,,, and that was especially at corners and free-kicks. :rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
28-11-2009, 06:12 PM

What I liked about today was the fact that we ground out another win to go equal 2nd. No idea who shakes hands with who and don't really give a monkeys.

If Only
28-11-2009, 06:14 PM

Little wonder IMO Maka is on of the worst keepers ever to don a jersey.Hope and pray Stack is fit for next week, if not I wll go in.

hibsbollah
28-11-2009, 06:14 PM
I don't think Jones ever spoke to Maka (or listened to him) in all their time together at the club....

,,,, and that was especially at corners and free-kicks. :rolleyes:

He may not have spoken to him but he screamed at him plenty, often after one of Jones' own mistakes:rolleyes:

As good a final season as Jones had, its often forgotten that he was the cause of plenty of defensive mayhem himself...

Hibby 2005
28-11-2009, 06:15 PM
IMHO Maka usually played better when Jones was not around.

deek68
28-11-2009, 06:27 PM

Think that was more Makalambays doing than anybody elses. He showed why he's second choice keeper thereafter...

DirtyDeeds
28-11-2009, 06:28 PM
This reeks of somebody with a massive, and kind if sad, vendetta against a guy who left us months ago, so who really cares. That or youre a Maka apologist, which is wild considering today showed everything that is wrong with him. His shot stopping and agility are basically faultless, but his concentration and decision making are dreadful, and his laid-back/lazy attitude with the ball at his feet almost cost us twice. These arent traits that an be trained out of somebody.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-11-2009, 06:34 PM
This reeks of somebody with a massive, and kind if sad, vendetta against a guy who left us months ago, so who really cares. That or youre a Maka apologist, which is wild considering today showed everything that is wrong with him. His shot stopping and agility are basically faultless, but his concentration and decision making are dreadful, and his laid-back/lazy attitude with the ball at his feet almost cost us twice. These arent traits that an be trained out of somebody.

You could actually see Maka look then think about what fancy footwork he could do instead of clearing his lines. As for the shennanigans with Yogi (which went on far too long) just shows training stuff like this out is swimming against the tide IMO.

Hibby 2005
28-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Jones, several years older, captain, Maka, young kid, who's the wiser?

hibbytam
28-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Little wonder IMO Maka is on of the worst keepers ever to don a jersey.Hope and pray Stack is fit for next week, if not I wll go in.

you're joking, right?

Maka is far from the best, but there's no way he's the worst. I can think of atleast 5 worse.

hibee-shtuggie
28-11-2009, 06:51 PM
you're joking, right?

Maka is far from the best, but there's no way he's the worst. I can think of atleast 5 worse.
maka is a bloody bombscare - fact. he gives me the heeby jeebys...hibs spain?? oh wait did he leave? i remember him talking up maka as potentially one of the best in the world...im sure he was a wind up merchant

Dalianwanda
28-11-2009, 06:52 PM

Rubbish.....:rolleyes:

jabis
28-11-2009, 07:01 PM
You could actually see Maka look then think about what fancy footwork he could do instead of clearing his lines. As for the shennanigans with Yogi (which went on far too long) just shows training stuff like this out is swimming against the tide IMO.

was watching that too,ended up with Maka telling Yogi to calm down :faf:

Bayern Bru
28-11-2009, 07:22 PM

Birthday card p1sh.

I'd play Maka before McNeil, Brown, Caig and Zibi to name but a few. When Maka fluffed that backpass, my first thought was 'he's going to be crucified on .net tonight' which given he prevented their equaliser, is a pity to be the focal point of his performance.

Yes, it was a horrendous error that he luckily got away with, but to suggest he's one of the worst keepers ever is beyond the pale IMO.

maturehibby
28-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Wonderful stop when he put it on the crossbar his height saved a goal for sure and hope he makes it to the Sky prog next sat(skill section) for making a mug of Bullen by trapping the ball in the six yard line and cooly kicking the ball up the park to a Hibs player to start an atack - glad to see the big man back and hope he keeps his position next saturday

Danderhall Hibs
28-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Wonderful stop when he put it on the crossbar his height saved a goal for sure and hope he makes it to the Sky prog next sat(skill section) for making a mug of Bullen by trapping the ball in the six yard line and cooly kicking the ball up the park to a Hibs player to start an atack - glad to see the big man back and hope he keeps his position next saturday

A smaller keeper that hadn't strayed so far from his line would've saved it as well. :agree:

Hibby 2005
28-11-2009, 07:46 PM
McNeil?

If Only
29-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Birthday card p1sh.

I'd play Maka before McNeil, Brown, Caig and Zibi to name but a few. When Maka fluffed that backpass, my first thought was 'he's going to be crucified on .net tonight' which given he prevented their equaliser, is a pity to be the focal point of his performance.

Yes, it was a horrendous error that he luckily got away with, but to suggest he's one of the worst keepers ever is beyond the pale IMO.

And the aforementioned are the creme de la creme of goalkeepers right enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hibs90
29-11-2009, 11:47 AM

:bye: :blah:

One of the worst keepers ever to don a jersey? Enjoying the crack aye?

greenlex
29-11-2009, 12:25 PM
And the aforementioned are the creme de la creme of goalkeepers right enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But are they better than Maka? That is what you are saying.

If Only
29-11-2009, 12:36 PM
But are they better than Maka? That is what you are saying.

Please dont try to analyse what I habve said your not caable of that.

greenlex
29-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Answer the question. You appear to be struggling.

If Only
29-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Answer the question. You appear to be struggling.
They are all s**t

greenlex
29-11-2009, 12:48 PM
They are all s**t
Some more "****" than others tough.

If Only
29-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Some more "****" than others tough.
My point exactly

basehibby
29-11-2009, 01:47 PM

Are you a goldfish??? That would explain your success in forgetting the recurring nightmares visited upon us by Zibi and Brown only a couple of seasons back.
Maka is way ahead of either of them and your OTT criticism would not be out of place in the pages of the DailyRecord/SundayMail in my opinion.

That said I would certainly agree that Stacks is first choice.

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Are you a goldfish??? That would explain your success in forgetting the recurring nightmares visited upon us by Zibi and Brown only a couple of seasons back.
Maka is way ahead of either of them and your OTT criticism would not be out of place in the pages of the DailyRecord/SundayMail in my opinion.

That said I would certainly agree that Stacks is first choice.

Sweet potato i think.

sleeping giant
29-11-2009, 01:51 PM

No , but they are what we have had to endure for a while !

Do you think Maka is better than them ?

If Only
29-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Sweet potato i think.

Thats your main problem you think

sleeping giant
29-11-2009, 01:52 PM

:greengrin At least he can string a sentence together !

If Only
29-11-2009, 01:53 PM
:greengrin At least he can string a sentence together !

keyboard cop

sleeping giant
29-11-2009, 01:54 PM
keyboard cop

Whats up with you man ?

sleeping giant
29-11-2009, 01:55 PM
keyboard cop

Are the mentioned keepers better than Maka ?

blackpoolhibs
29-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Thats your main problem you think

Thanks, some say i dont think, i'm confused now.:jamboclow

HFC93
29-11-2009, 02:32 PM

No wonder when he plays like he did :confused: