PDA

View Full Version : Hibs are big in Morocco!

Penrith Hibee
28-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Just back from trecking in Morocco and all the local guides were raving about Zemmamma and asking about Hibernian! They are all now doing the "oo Zemmamma" chant as they wind their way up the Atlas mountains.....More converts to the cause.

They also said that the wee man was outstanding in the defeat to cameroon. Benji was also mentioned but Zemmamma is a star!

Betty Boop
28-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Just back from trecking in Morocco and all the local guides were raving about Zemmamma and asking about Hibernian! They are all now doing the "oo Zemmamma" chant as they wind their way up the Atlas mountains.....More converts to the cause.

They also said that the wee man was outstanding in the defeat to cameroon. Benji was also mentioned but Zemmamma is a star!

I would absolutely love to do that! :greengrin

moroccanhibs
28-11-2009, 08:34 PM
welcome back again

Have you been in Agadir city?

Penrith Hibee
28-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Betty, try to get there, it's amazing.

Moroccohibs, we were in the Atlas mountains,Toubkal etc..staying in a refuge for three nights then a day/night in Marrakesh. Lovely people and the guides were top class. Do not recomend crossing the road in Marrakesh though - mental!

lapsedhibee
28-11-2009, 09:47 PM
They are all now doing the "oo Zemmamma" chant as they wind their way up the Atlas mountains

Barry image.

moroccanhibs
28-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Betty, try to get there, it's amazing.

Moroccohibs, we were in the Atlas mountains,Toubkal etc..staying in a refuge for three nights then a day/night in Marrakesh. Lovely people and the guides were top class. Do not recomend crossing the road in Marrakesh though - mental!

that s amazing, have you been in Oukaymden? Atlas mountains is great place to discover. yeh lovely berber people. I live in Agadir not too far from Marakech but different, here s the beach,sun etc etc

Shrekko
28-11-2009, 10:05 PM

I thought Zemmama missed the Cameroon game?

moroccanhibs
28-11-2009, 10:08 PM
I thought Zemmama missed the Cameroon game?

he did, but played in Cameroon

Hibby 2005
28-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Thought he was poor today, bar the openiing goal obviously.

sleeping giant
28-11-2009, 10:28 PM
I would absolutely love to do that! :greengrin

Sounds great eh ?

Fancy it ?:greengrin

Betty Boop
28-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Sounds great eh ?

Fancy it ?:greengrin

Not half! :greengrin

stalbanshibby
29-11-2009, 07:53 AM

I'm off to Marrakesh (again) in February. This'll be about my 8th visit. If you haven't been you should go - it's a magical place - really friendly people and a beautiful country. The food's top as well. Djemma el Fna at night is amazing, and during the day there's all sorts of itinerants doing their stuff - snake charmers, fortune tellers, dancers etc. The place has got a real medieval feel to it.

This time I'm taking my 85 year old Mum (who lives in Restalrig) - she's still going strong. Hopefully we'll take a couple of day trips - Kasbah de Toubkal and Essouira.

Been trekking in the Atlas mountains a couple of times - it's hard going but worth it.

Just thought I'd share that with you.

On a more hibee related note - it's excellent that we're not playing too well and yet picking up points. Unbeaten in 9!! Last season under Mixu - the games we've won this season would've been drawn and the games we've drawn, lost.