PDA

View Full Version : Wow we are tough fans to please..

GreenCastle
28-11-2009, 05:37 PM
First game for a while - have seen many clips of other games and spoken to several people about the way we have been playing.

Today wasn't pretty - I expected better BUT we stuck in there managed to dig out a result against a team battling against relagation and high on confidence after last week BUT I looked around during the game and full time and thought the support was pretty poor.

It seemed many seemed embarrassed that we had won the game and yes we did sneak a goal in the 2nd half but considering we are on a long unbeaten run and 3rd in the table - 2 points from top - we really do need to get behind the team more.

Reading the posts on here about atmosphere at home and away games it seems that Hibees Reunited is working hard to get people into the stadium but I also think part of the problem is getting people to enjoy the match day experience more singing etc.

Last season we had nothing to sing about, this season we have so far so why limited encouragement ? :confused:

To end on a positive note - was great top see a win today and lets hope we continue with some tough games in Decemeber! :notworthy:

500miles
28-11-2009, 05:40 PM
People shouldn't be suprised that we are struggling to play good football. Teams will set out to stop us playing, first and foremost. What is important is that we are playing around that.

soupy
28-11-2009, 05:45 PM
First game for a while - have seen many clips of other games and spoken to several people about the way we have been playing.

Today wasn't pretty - I expected better BUT we stuck in there managed to dig out a result against a team battling against relagation and high on confidence after last week BUT I looked around during the game and full time and thought the support was pretty poor.

It seemed many seemed embarrassed that we had won the game and yes we did sneak a goal in the 2nd half but considering we are on a long unbeaten run and 3rd in the table - 2 points from top - we really do need to get behind the team more.

Reading the posts on here about atmosphere at home and away games it seems that Hibees Reunited is working hard to get people into the stadium but I also think part of the problem is getting people to enjoy the match day experience more singing etc.

Last season we had nothing to sing about, this season we have so far so why limited encouragement ? :confused:

To end on a positive note - was great top see a win today and lets hope we continue with some tough games in Decemeber! :notworthy:Well said mate:thumbsup:

GreenCastle
28-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Agreed - I know the Hibs way is to try and entertain - I want that more than anyone especially if people pay thier well earned money to go watch these so called professionals.

But would we rather be 3rd in the league winning/not losing or be 6th/7th and playing free flowing football every week ?

Ideally both...... but if we did that THEN we would be top of the league. So lets get behind the team more!!

From what I have heard/seen we have played some good stuff early season but days like today are big results when you have to dig in and weather the storm.

There were things I would look at if I was Yogi such as -

Stokes performance - needs a goal for confidence - looked like he had never been on the same pitch as the rest of the team today. Do rate him though - please just run at some oppostion defenders!

Getting Zemmama fit again - HUGE player who needs to control the game - if he play's well we play well.

Goalkeepers dealing with crosses - Maka made a great save start of 2nd half but both still aren't good enough I feel - if I was to play against Hibs - crosses galore would bring a goal.

Throw in's - always too obvious and we turn the ball over too often.

There were several Falkirk players I feel would do a job in the Hibs team though :agree:

225-EasterRd
28-11-2009, 05:48 PM
:thumbsup: Great post i couldnt agree more. The TEAM are playing for each other,:top marksWe the fans are letting them down by not getting behind them as we should be:grr: . So lets STOP ALL THE NEGATIVATY :blah:and get behind the TEAM and management. :notworthy:

GreenCastle
28-11-2009, 05:52 PM
:thumbsup: Great post i couldnt agree more. The TEAM are playing for each other,:top marksWe the fans are letting them down by not getting behind them as we should be:grr: . So lets STOP ALL THE NEGATIVATY :blah:and get behind the TEAM and management. :notworthy:

What's Hibs best unbeaten record ? Anyone know ?

Hibby 2005
28-11-2009, 05:55 PM
We're winning ugly. Isn't that what everyone says about the Infirm?

--------

To end on a positive note - was great top see a win today and lets hope we continue with some tough games in Decemeber! :notworthy:

NY, this is NORMAL. And has been for years.

I have the vivid memory from around 1971/2 of a plook (15 minutes into a Falkirk game) roaring at the top of his lungs, "Stanton - you are f*****g rubbish!" because King Paddy misplaced a pass to the opposition. (That was KP's one bad pass for the year, btw.)

Now that was the Tornadoes, and they won 3-0, all three coming late on. But Plookmeister was on Paddy's back the WHOLE FREAKIN GAME.

I also know one guy who came back from the 7-0 moaning that we hadn't got to double figures - "Fn rubbish, man - Duncan shoulda hud a hat-trick, man..."

GreenCastle
We're winning ugly. Isn't that what everyone says about the Infirm?

They are all plain ugly too :wink:

GreenCastle
28-11-2009, 06:00 PM
NY, this is NORMAL. And has been for years.

I have the vivid memory from around 1971/2 of a plook (15 minutes into a Falkirk game) roaring at the top of his lungs, "Stanton - you are f*****g rubbish!" because King Paddy misplaced a pass to the opposition.

Now that was the Tornadoes, and they won 3-0, all three coming late on. But Plookmeister was on Paddy's back the WHOLE FREAKIN GAME.

The NORMAL bit I don't like. I have supported Hibs since the late 80's and I tend to agree it's the HIBS WAY.

But why not change our thinking a little - especially when we are trying to get more into the stadium - they need something to come back to.

How you go about it I am not sure - thats why I made my original post - but food for thought.

I would say the new stand if ever built has to have a singing section - like it or not. Or the atmosphere will die even more. The East today was very quiet and even that surprised me.

degenerated
28-11-2009, 06:03 PM
I had some halfwit standing near me abusing hogg for not holding the line while Falkirk were taking a throw in. Some people are so consumed with their need to behave like tits they don't even stop go think that you can't be offside from a throw in, or is it me that doesn't understand the rules properly.

I couldn't care less how we play as long as we keep winning ou home games and avoid defeat away. This flair nonsense has been an excuse for accepting mediocrity for too long now.

--------
28-11-2009, 06:09 PM
The NORMAL bit I don't like. I have supported Hibs since the late 80's and I tend to agree it's the HIBS WAY.

But why not change our thinking a little - especially when we are trying to get more into the stadium - they need something to come back to.

How you go about it I am not sure - thats why I made my original post - but food for thought.

I would say the new stand if ever built has to have a singing section - like it or not. Or the atmosphere will die even more. The East today was very quiet and even that surprised me.

Mate, I totally agree.

Maybe some of us (myself included) have been guilty of excessive PCness in regard to some of the songs and chants from the East recently. Thing is, the club's trying to attract kids and families....

I don't personally like bands and drums, but maybe something like that might get folks going....

monktonharp
28-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Mate, I totally agree.

Maybe some of us (myself included) have been guilty of excessive PCness in regard to some of the songs and chants from the East recently. Thing is, the club's trying to attract kids and families....

I don't personally like bands and drums, but maybe something like that might get folks going....I think it's like sitting in the "Glums" family living room at times. our fans dont sing,chant.anything. dae somethin FFS,CANNY BELEIVE THAT EVEN THE YOUNG GUYS CANNY MAKE A NOISE THESE DAYS. EMBARASSED?:confused:

FraserHFC
28-11-2009, 10:48 PM
What's Hibs best unbeaten record ? Anyone know ?

9 in the league at the start of the 07/08 season

Pete
28-11-2009, 10:54 PM
I had some halfwit standing near me abusing hogg for not holding the line while Falkirk were taking a throw in. Some people are so consumed with their need to behave like tits they don't even stop go think that you can't be offside from a throw in, or is it me that doesn't understand the rules properly.

I had that rule drummed into me since I started playing at ten but you'd be surprised how many people don't know about that rule....even some professional footballers seem to either not know about it or forget about it at crucial times.

matty_f
28-11-2009, 10:54 PM

I couldn't care less how we play as long as we keep winning ou home games and avoid defeat away. This flair nonsense has been an excuse for accepting mediocrity for too long now.

:agree:

We're tough to beat - our goals against record shows that. To be honest, when a new manager comes in and has to turn a side around from what we were subjected to last season, that had to be the priority. That we're getting goals as well is a bonus.

So long as we're winning and challenging, I can wait while the performances improve over time.

MSK
28-11-2009, 10:55 PM
I think it's like sitting in the "Glums" family living room at times. our fans dont sing,chant.anything. dae somethin FFS,CANNY BELEIVE THAT EVEN THE YOUNG GUYS CANNY MAKE A NOISE THESE DAYS. EMBARASSED?:confused:What aboot the auld guys Wullie ..?...i never saw or heard you sing today either !!! ..dont blame it on (us) youngsters ..we are all in it together !!! :wink:

Kato
28-11-2009, 11:05 PM
People shouldn't be suprised that we are struggling to play good football. Teams will set out to stop us playing, first and foremost. What is important is that we are playing around that.

Agree.

Hughes has been in charge for about 14-15 games. If anyone thinks this is his idea of the finished article they are very wrong. Winning despite teams trying very hard to close us down, scoring late as they get tired. It'll do me. Very resilient displays the last few weeks.

Sir David Gray
28-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Agreed - I know the Hibs way is to try and entertain - I want that more than anyone especially if people pay thier well earned money to go watch these so called professionals.

But would we rather be 3rd in the league winning/not losing or be 6th/7th and playing free flowing football every week ?

Ideally both...... but if we did that THEN we would be top of the league. So lets get behind the team more!!

From what I have heard/seen we have played some good stuff early season but days like today are big results when you have to dig in and weather the storm.

There were things I would look at if I was Yogi such as -

Stokes performance - needs a goal for confidence - looked like he had never been on the same pitch as the rest of the team today. Do rate him though - please just run at some oppostion defenders!

Getting Zemmama fit again - HUGE player who needs to control the game - if he play's well we play well.

Goalkeepers dealing with crosses - Maka made a great save start of 2nd half but both still aren't good enough I feel - if I was to play against Hibs - crosses galore would bring a goal.

Throw in's - always too obvious and we turn the ball over too often.

There were several Falkirk players I feel would do a job in the Hibs team though :agree:

I personally prefer the term "second equal". :wink:

CB_NO3
29-11-2009, 12:26 AM
We are currently 2 points of the top of the league going into December and the atmosphere and crowds at ER are pi55 poor. I know we aint playing well but our crowds are pathetic. We had bigger crowds under Mowbray when we were 20 points behind the old firm challenging for third. We are meant to be a big club, dont think so. I know all clubs are toiling to get fans into seats but this is embarresing for a team doing so well.

Hibercelona
29-11-2009, 12:31 AM
The atmosphere was rank rotten yesterday. Worst i've seen it in a while.

Even if Falkirk are at the bottom of the table, we should still be trying to give our team a lift. Hibs struggled yesterday and could have done with more of a lift.

I'm not sure why the atmosphere is so dead. 2 points off the top. Level with those mugs with only goal difference to seperate us.

We may not be performing brilliantly, but the team definitely deserves a better response from the fans for the work rate they put in.

We need to be louder.... Much louder. :agree:

:notworthy:

CMac1988
29-11-2009, 12:41 AM
This is one of a few posts I've read today/yesterday (post-match) regarding the atmosphere.

I grabbed my 1/2 season ticket the other week to to the teams progress and results and couldn't be happier. Was unable to make the game today due to shin splints (Damn 5-a-sides!! :boo hoo:).

When I was at the Aberdeen game with my brother and dad the atmosphere was electric in the East, and it was the first time in a long time my dad has thought this when at home games.

Was the attendance lower than thought? Were the Falkirk fans singing etc? Are people more reluctant to sing and shout due to the whole Hibernian Family persona we have now with all the kids and families etc? I just can't seem to put my finger on why we're only ever able to sing and make some noise every now and again... :confused:.

We seem to be trying new intiatives to bring more fans along, but does any have any idea on how we can improve the atmosphere?

Hibercelona
29-11-2009, 02:02 AM
People are getting on at us young lads for not singing.

When ever I try to get a sing along going, all I get is weird looks from all you old folks as if to say "Shhht... be quiet, its a fitbaw game". :sofa:

Word of advice for you gentlemen... If you go to a football game and don't want to hear singing... then turn your hearing aids doon FFS! :grr: :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
29-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Is anyone surprised that Hibs fans are so negative. The bulk are from the Edinburgh area. Let's face it, much as I love Edinburgh, it is one of the most anally retentive towns on the planet. Or is it just me that thinks that.

Jack
29-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Hibs fans only make a noise when we're
* about 3 goals up
* its a really huge game, Europe ish
* eh ... that's about it.
Well that's how it seems to me over the last 30 odd years.