Is he ok?

Glory glory

FraserHFC
28-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Shame to see him subbed at half time.

Does anyone know what happened?

Is he ok?

Glory glory

Looked to be a minor injury as he was out at half time doing a few stretches etc

Hopefully he'll be ok for next week

Gus Fring
28-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Dont think it was a bad one, they seemed to make the decision to sub him down at the south end bout 3 mins before the teams came back out

SquashedFrogg
28-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Noticed even during the initial warm-up before kick-off that he was holding what looked like either his ribs or holder. Didn't look too comfortable. At that point Maka was taking shots in goals, having a bit of a work out.

On a slightly different note I'd like to try and find out who the racist balloon was in the FF lower seat 21, row G is. Guessing he was about late 30's/40 ish, wearing the grin of a chump and a black and orange baseball cap.

I hope he's a season ticket holder because I'll be contacting the club directly.

Surrounded by a large number of kids he proceeded to shout a string of encouraging words towards ourteam such as c**ts, pu**sy, f*d etc.

But the icing on the cake was shouting out when Hibs faced a Falkirk free kick in the second half " right then Maka, lets see what you can do with this ya spear chucker".

I don't know what was most frightening. Him shouting it or his 'crew' sitting amonst him all laughing. . A young 11 year old (approx) girl was sitting right next to him who I assume was his daughter.

Unbelievable!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not adverse to the odd shout of disgust towards players / officials but in the amonst the right company and defo no racism!

And I know some will ask why I never confronted him directly. After a quick reccy I realised there must have been about 7 or 8 of them and I had my wee boy at the game as a Hibs kid. They didn't seem to be the type to want to have a discussion about the situation.

Anyway rant over! Can't even remember what the topic of the thread was about. Oh yes, Stack going off injured.

It may have been cold and the game may not have been the greatest but another 3 points!!

zlatan
28-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Maka was the best entertainment at todays game :hilarious

The aftermath between him and Hughes after skinning the Falkirk boy in the box was hilarious, and the cheeky throw over Finnigans head when Falkirk got a corner at the start of the 2nd half was class.

Can't say I seen him do much wrong in his time on, had nowt to do bar a good save from the attempted chip.

judas
28-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Noticed even during the initial warm-up before kick-off that he was holding what looked like either his ribs or holder. Didn't look too comfortable. At that point Maka was taking shots in goals, having a bit of a work out.

On a slightly different note I'd like to try and find out who the racist balloon was in the FF lower seat 21, row G is. Guessing he was about late 30's/40 ish, wearing the grin of a chump and a black and orange baseball cap.

I hope he's a season ticket holder because I'll be contacting the club directly.

Surrounded by a large number of kids he proceeded to shout a string of encouraging words towards ourteam such as c**ts, pu**sy, f*d etc.

But the icing on the cake was shouting out when Hibs faced a Falkirk free kick in the second half " right then Maka, lets see what you can do with this ya spear chucker".

I don't know what was most frightening. Him shouting it or his 'crew' sitting amonst him all laughing. . A young 11 year old (approx) girl was sitting right next to him who I assume was his daughter.

Unbelievable!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not adverse to the odd shout of disgust towards players / officials but in the amonst the right company and defo no racism!

And I know some will ask why I never confronted him directly. After a quick reccy I realised there must have been about 7 or 8 of them and I had my wee boy at the game as a Hibs kid. They didn't seem to be the type to want to have a discussion about the situation.

Anyway rant over! Can't even remember what the topic of the thread was about. Oh yes, Stack going off injured.

It may have been cold and the game may not have been the greatest but another 3 points!!

I understand your point perfectly and you have illustrated - with an example -the problem with football as a spectator sport.

Do I want to take my kid to his first game and end up next to a caveman shouting obscenities? I think not TBH.

I hope you get through to the club and I hope this twat is cautioned.

oconnors_strip
28-11-2009, 07:32 PM

The aftermath between him and Hughes after skinning the Falkirk boy in the box was hilarious, and the cheeky throw over Finnigans head when Falkirk got a corner at the start of the 2nd half was class.

Can't say I seen him do much wrong in his time on, had nowt to do bar a good save from the attempted chip.

it wouldnt have been hilarious if the ball had ended up in the back of the net!! :grr:

hope stack is back for next week!

ScottB
28-11-2009, 07:39 PM
I felt sorry for Maka, he hadn't even touched the ball yet and the commentary team were making it sound like he'd kicked it into his own net 3 times...

zlatan
28-11-2009, 07:45 PM
it wouldnt have been hilarious if the ball had ended up in the back of the net!! :grr:

hope stack is back for next week!

But it didn't, he seen the guy coming and left him flat on his arse, it was great.

Perspective
28-11-2009, 07:50 PM
I felt sorry for Maka, he hadn't even touched the ball yet and the commentary team were making it sound like he'd kicked it into his own net 3 times...

Had my wee radio on at the game and couldn't believe the blatant lies from Allan Preston. Radio Scotland and Preston in particular have it in for him and won't let facts stand in the way of reality.

He was hesitant in coming for a one-one-one with Bullen - a mistake, but understandable in that if he'd got it wrong Bullen would have had a tap-in. The Cruyff turn was heart-in-mouth but he got away with it - just as Stack has done all season.

His save from Moutinho was brilliant and a shorter keeper would not have managed to pull it off.

SquashedFrogg
28-11-2009, 07:50 PM
I understand your point perfectly and you have illustrated - with an example -the problem with football as a spectator sport.

Do I want to take my kid to his first game and end up next to a caveman shouting obscenities? I think not TBH.

I hope you get through to the club and I hope this twat is cautioned.

Quite clearly the guy wasn't the sharpest fish in the bag, but in an era where we are actively encouraging fans back to Easter Road I'd rather have had 8 empty seats around me than that lot!

I do intend to speak to the club about this and believe that they should take steps to make it easier to have people like that ejected and banned. It shouldn't just be down to the fans to highlight this. We were quite near the front with stewards in close attendance and I'm convinced they would have heard the comments.

I don't subscribe to the theory that because they're on minimum wage it means that they're not paid enough to get involved in situations like this.

If there was a fire in the stadium would they not be paid enough to save people?

Nah. It clearly states on the ticket that unacceptable conducts include using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour towards individuals or groups or percieved groupings of people. Also displaying abusive or insulting words or symbols. Abuse relating to race, colour, nationality etc.

Aldo
28-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Shop him. I have a 5 year daughter who wants me to take her to see Hibs and defo dont want an arse like him sitting next to me.

O and i can assure you the club dont want someone like that associated with the club.

You know what to do.

SquashedFrogg
28-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Shop him. I have a 5 year daughter who wants me to take her to see Hibs and defo dont want an arse like him sitting next to me.

O and i can assure you the club dont want someone like that associated with the club.

You know what to do.

And I shall.

Funny thing is it was my wee boy who was the mascot for us against Hearts at Tynie two week ago. He's seven and had a great day. Got pics with Yogi, Zouma, ran out with Chris Hogg and done the minutes silence. Even got he coin from the referee after the coin toss! Had an amazing day.

He's talked of nothing else but Hibs since.

Then has to sit and listen to that at his next Hibs experience?!

I feel so strongly about this. As a club we have always been the first atmany things and I don't see why we shouldn't be the first to rule out racism!

Rant over yet again..

GGTTH

hibsbollah
28-11-2009, 08:20 PM

Don't say that, he's the designated 'victory-but-we-still-need-a-scapegoat' this week, dontcha know:yawn:

Danderhall Hibs
28-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Had my wee radio on at the game and couldn't believe the blatant lies from Allan Preston. Radio Scotland and Preston in particular have it in for him and won't let facts stand in the way of reality.

He was hesitant in coming for a one-one-one with Bullen - a mistake, but understandable in that if he'd got it wrong Bullen would have had a tap-in. The Cruyff turn was heart-in-mouth but he got away with it - just as Stack has done all season.

His save from Moutinho was brilliant and a shorter keeper would not have managed to pull it off.

I heard Stevie Cowan on the way home saying he was a calamity as soon as he came on. I didn't think so.

I did know that the "shorter keeper wouldn't have got it" line would be used tonight. I thought a keeper who stays closer to his line wouldn't have been in any danger of being chipped. :wink:

Rudebwai
28-11-2009, 08:23 PM

my first game in over a year and i really enjoyed myself defo want to go back. I thought maka's turn in the box was correct desicion IMO as i think (and i m only saying it from the way i saw it from where i was sitting) if he had kicked it first time, especially the way Bullen went sliding in, he may have blocked it or got a touch on it. But hey i could be totally wrong, but the desicion paid of and he kept a clean sheet and had a decent save from the chip.

Hibs Spain
28-11-2009, 08:44 PM
I heard Stevie Cowan on the way home saying he was a calamity as soon as he came on. I didn't think so.

I did know that the "shorter keeper wouldn't have got it" line would be used tonight. I thought a keeper who stays closer to his line wouldn't have been in any danger of being chipped. :wink:Must have blinked cos I only saw the save but person next to me reckoned it was a misscued cross...So he was well positioned to deal with what should have happened but was athletic enough to deal with the unexpected :cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
28-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Must have blinked cos I only saw the save but person next to me reckoned it was a misscued cross...So he was well positioned to deal with what should have happened but was athletic enough to deal with the unexpected :cool2:

He done well to get to it. Not sure if it was a cross mind you - I'll watch it again on Alba.

Either way he saved it - so I'm not complaining. Can't believe the radio carried on slating him - not surprised at Preston but I am at Cowan.

weststandhibby
28-11-2009, 08:55 PM
yogi on beeb interview saying his back was stiff and he couldnt continue. Hope hes okay for next week..

ArabHibee
28-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Quite clearly the guy wasn't the sharpest fish in the bag, but in an era where we are actively encouraging fans back to Easter Road I'd rather have had 8 empty seats around me than that lot!

I do intend to speak to the club about this and believe that they should take steps to make it easier to have people like that ejected and banned. It shouldn't just be down to the fans to highlight this. We were quite near the front with stewards in close attendance and I'm convinced they would have heard the comments.

I don't subscribe to the theory that because they're on minimum wage it means that they're not paid enough to get involved in situations like this.

If there was a fire in the stadium would they not be paid enough to save people?

Nah. It clearly states on the ticket that unacceptable conducts include using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour towards individuals or groups or percieved groupings of people. Also displaying abusive or insulting words or symbols. Abuse relating to race, colour, nationality etc.

Could we have got the Falkirk fans chucked out then for singing "Oh the Hibees are gay"?

:cool2:

SquashedFrogg
28-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Could we have got the Falkirk fans chucked out then for singing "Oh the Hibees are gay"?

:cool2:

Were you the guy sitting behind me?

Listen mate. If you're saying that calling someone a 'spear chucker' is acceptable then you are just like the guy sitting two yards away from my seven year old son today!

My son is understands what the term gay means and the irony of the song at a football match. My son unfortunately doesn't quite unterstand why football fans refer to fellow humans as 'spear chuckers'.

And don't give me this :cool2: cool ****in smiley.

Tw@t

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2009, 09:37 PM

I would get new batteries in your tranny. Preston wasn't at the game. :greengrin

ArabHibee
28-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Were you the guy sitting behind me?

Listen mate. If you're saying that calling someone a 'spear chucker' is acceptable then you are just like the guy sitting two yards away from my seven year old son today!

My son is understands what the term gay means and the irony of the song at a football match. My son unfortunately doesn't quite unterstand why football fans refer to fellow humans as 'spear chuckers'.

And don't give me this :cool2: cool ****in smiley.

Tw@t

You need to take a chill pill. In no way was I condoning what this guy did, I was having a pop at what is written in the back of your season ticket book as it would be very difficult to throw out a load of people for the example I gave.

I'm also fairly impressed that you have a 7 year old who understands irony.

On the other hand, IMO, I think you should have said something to the guy at the time. You've got little or no chance of the club being able to do anything about this now. Also surprised that no-one else around you heard him saying this and didn't react.

And before you ask me if I would have said something, yes I would have, because I've done it before and would do it again, no hesitation.

And less of the personal insults as well.

--------
28-11-2009, 10:14 PM
You need to take a chill pill. In no way was I condoning what this guy did, I was having a pop at what is written in the back of your season ticket book as it would be very difficult to throw out a load of people for the example I gave.

On the other hand, IMO, I think you should have said something to the guy at the time. You've got little or no chance of the club being able to do anything about this now. Also surprised that no-one else around you heard him saying this and didn't react.

And before you ask me if I would have said something, yes I would have, because I've done it before and would do it again, no hesitation.

ArabHibee, I was in the Shed a couple of years back and a guy accompanied by four or five kids (I wonder if he's migrated to the FF?) was getting after Maka - Maka was a 'banana-hunter', he should 'go pick coconuts', he should 'get back to the jungle and swing from a tree' and so on and on....

Everyone else around was just letting it go. I was about to get a steward or policeman when a steward (a middle-aged man) came over without being asked and told him to shut it. But he wasn't ejected as he should have been, and he continued making funny comments in a whisper to the kids he was with. My estimate of his character? A total creep.

The fact is that most folks will ignore racist abuse unless they're forced to deal with it. Or they'll bottle out because they realise no one else is going to back them up. Or they'll laugh. Or they'll join in.

I agree with you. How on earth do you deal with a few hundred/thousand fans singing silly/nasty/dirty songs about players en masse? Blast them with 'Glory, glory to the Hibees' at top volume over the tannoy in whatever part of the ground they happen to be? Install a sprinkler system automaticaly activated by songs and chants of bigotry?

What IS bad is that often the police and stewards don't do what the steward did that time in the Shed. There was a bunch of Aberdeen fans went right through the second half of the Dons game a few weeks back chanting that Graham Stack was a paedophile. They were at the front of the stand, standing up, clearly identifiable. Police and stewards were present and could see them - and did nothing. :rolleyes:

SquashedFrogg
28-11-2009, 10:17 PM

Oh dear, where do I start?

You're not having a pop at what's written in the back of the season ticket book.

So what are you having a pop at?

You're having a pop at someone displaying his disgust at racist comments shouted in a public place highly populated by children.

Nice...

As for questioning a child at seven who understands irony, you obviously don't have children mate.

My point was also that it shouldn't be down to the spectator to police this kind of thing, it should be the steward/police/club.

People around me did hear him and didn't react. I'm guessing this may have been because they had young children beside them!
Some people try to set examples.

Myabe they were 'Hibee Re-united' supporters at their first game in years? With their kids at their first ever game?

Who knows?

What I do know mate, is that when it comes to personal insults, you take the biscuit.

God help us all.

ArabHibee
28-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Doddie,

You have made some very valid points. Its just IMO I personally think that people would back you up, they're just too scared to make the first move. As for me, my Dad always says, I go where angels fear to tread! :devil:

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2009, 10:22 PM

You're not having a pop at what's written in the back of the season ticket book.

ll.

He is.

ArabHibee
28-11-2009, 10:23 PM

So what are you having a pop at?

You're having a pop at someone displaying his disgust at racist comments shouted in a public place highly populated by children.

Nice...

As for questioning a child at seven who understands irony, you obviously don't have children mate.

My point was also that it shouldn't be down to the spectator to police this kind of thing, it should be the steward/police/club.

People around me did hear him and didn't react. I'm guessing this may have been because they had young children beside them!
Some people try to set examples.

Myabe they were 'Hibee Re-united' supporters at their first game in years? With their kids at their first ever game?

Who knows?

What I do know mate, is that when it comes to personal insults, you take the biscuit.

God help us all.

Have a wee read of my post again, you'll see that I did say I was having a pop at what was written in the back of the season ticket book. So the rest of your post is irrelevant.

And please don't call me mate. I certainly ain't yours.

SquashedFrogg
28-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Have a wee read of my post again, you'll see that I did say I was having a pop at what was written in the back of the season ticket book. So the rest of your post is irrelevant.

And please don't call me mate. I certainly ain't yours.

Aye, that's the spirit.... Fellow Hibee...

Sorry for calling you mate. I just assumed that as this was a forum for like minded Hibs supporters, we may just be able to call each other mate. It's a bit like when you step on board a supporters bus and sit beside someone you don't know. You see his scarf and you say 'alright mate?'.

I'm also guessing i'm right that you don't have children. You're last response cleared that one up.

Apart from trying to be a smart arse, what was you're original point?

I clearly made a statement based on my match day experience. I'm not adverse to an alternate view but it seems you are siding with the minority.

Good luck my friend.

Sounds like you need it...:bye:

ArabHibee
28-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Aye, that's the spirit.... Fellow Hibee...

Sorry for calling you mate. I just assumed that as this was a forum for like minded Hibs supporters, we may just be able to call each other mate. It's a bit like when you step on board a supporters bus and sit beside someone you don't know. You see his scarf and you say 'alright mate?'.

But from your edit you clearly know that I'm female, so that's why I don't like being called 'mate'. I also find it patronising.

I'm also guessing i'm right that you don't have children. You're last response cleared that one up.

Hmmm, I'm wondering how you managed to come to that conclusion from my previous post.

Apart from trying to be a smart arse, what was you're original point?

I'll spell it out for you. If you weren't happy about what the boy was saying then you should have done something about it there and then. Either say something to him yourself or go get a steward or policeman if you were too fairt to do it yourself.

I clearly made a statement based on my match day experience. I'm not adverse to an alternate view but it seems you are siding with the minority.

I don't side with anybody. I speak my mind as I see it.

Good luck my friend.

Sounds like you need it...:bye:

Oooh, check you out with your waving smiley. Here's a good one for you:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_105v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt479YYGB)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxpt479YYGB (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb113_ZNxpt479YYGB&utm_id=7921)

Cropley10
28-11-2009, 11:01 PM

Absolutely right.

F*** Preston. He was laughing out loud at the end of August last year when we signed Bamba from the Pars. He won't be laughing when he moves on for a few mill... However this doesn't get away from the fact that the BBC almost always put him on a Hibs game. Some people can and some people cant; he's a cant.

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Absolutely right.

F*** Preston. He was laughing out loud at the end of August last year when we signed Bamba from the Pars. He won't be laughing when he moves on for a few mill... However this doesn't get away from the fact that the BBC almost always put him on a Hibs game. Some people can and some people cant; he's a cant.

LOL... again, he WASN'T at the game.

Still, canny let the truth get in the way of prejudice, eh no? :greengrin

Cropley10
28-11-2009, 11:07 PM

I yield to no Hibee in my dislike of Alan Biscuit Preston...:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
28-11-2009, 11:13 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_105v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt479YYGB)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxpt479YYGB (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb113_ZNxpt479YYGB&utm_id=7921)

It'll no be like you to be causing bother eh !

Nutter !!

sleeping giant
28-11-2009, 11:18 PM

Unbelievable!

Mate , i hear ye.

I take my nine year old boy and i cringe when i hear some of the stuff being spewed.
My son knows if folk are knobs and knows not to pay any attention but he does ask the odd question now and then.

Folk will say that you should have said something at the time but that it easy to say/do if you dont have your kid with you.

I would love to tell some folk around me to shut the F*** up but i have my boy to consider.
Nowt to do with being affraid.

Edit : I'm in the FF lower row G too :greengrin:

Wisny me though , i missed the match due to my daughters dancing :grr:

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Question here.

Arab says she would say something to the inbreds. Others say they wouldn't.

Is it likely that the eejits would be more likely to "take it" from a woman, but if a man challenged them they would probably want to square up? They are probably "old school" "non-PC" etc etc who, nevertheless, "would never hit a lassie".

Thoughts?

SquashedFrogg
28-11-2009, 11:24 PM

Oh dear, sad. Very sad.......

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Oh dear, sad. Very sad.......

Wouldn't call her "dear", dear, :wink:

ArabHibee
28-11-2009, 11:27 PM
It'll no be like you to be causing bother eh !

Nutter !!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_123.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt479YYGB)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxpt479YYGB (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZNxpt479YYGB&utm_id=7920)

ArabHibee
28-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Question here.

Is it likely that the eejits would be more likely to "take it" from a woman, but if a man challenged them they would probably want to square up? They are probably "old school" "non-PC" etc etc who, nevertheless, "would never hit a lassie".

Thoughts?

Fair point.

Removed
28-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Mate , i hear ye.

I take my nine year old boy and i cringe when i hear some of the stuff being spewed.
My son knows if folk are knobs and knows not to pay any attention but he does ask the odd question now and then.

Folk will say that you should have said something at the time but that it easy to say/do if you dont have your kid with you.

I would love to tell some folk around me to shut the F*** up but i have my boy to consider.
Nowt to do with being affraid.

Edit : I'm in the FF lower row G too :greengrin:

Wisny me though , i missed the match due to my daughters dancing :grr:

Wondered where you were - do you know ST's are not transferable :greengrin

I don't have any knobs round me anymore but I did have last year but at least it wasn't racist stuff being shouted out.

Squashed Frog - I'm a bit further back than SG and we're in the high 50's but I'll look out for the person that was shouting, not that far away from us. If it was me I'm pretty sure I would say something but I'd make sure there were cops nearby before I did.

Best thing is still to report it to the club and next Sat if it happens again go and give the seat number to a policeman and let them deal with it.

SquashedFrogg
28-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Question here.

Thoughts?

Definately a factor. For the record I'm not scared of a wee 'square-up', far from it. Just don't think starting trouble in front of my wee boy is acceptable.

Setting standards and all that...

greenlex
28-11-2009, 11:37 PM
You going to the West Lothian dot net night oot Froggie? :devil:

Removed
28-11-2009, 11:39 PM

Aye you and Arab can kiss and make up :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Definately a factor. For the record I'm not scared of a wee 'square-up', far from it. Just don't think starting trouble in front of my wee boy is acceptable.

Setting standards and all that...

Fair point.

Way hey... they agree.

Henry Kissinger has nowt on me.... :thumbsup:

Removed
28-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Way hey... they agree.

Henry Kissinger has nowt on me.... :thumbsup:

Next Saturday then :cool2:

greenlex
28-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Who me or Frogster? :wink:

ArabHibee
28-11-2009, 11:42 PM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_15.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt479YYGB)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxpt479YYGB (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZNxpt479YYGB&utm_id=7923)

SquashedFrogg
28-11-2009, 11:44 PM

Where, when?

SquashedFrogg
28-11-2009, 11:46 PM
:love ya!::embarrass
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_15.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxpt479YYGB)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxpt479YYGB (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZNxpt479YYGB&utm_id=7923)

MSK

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxpt479YYGB (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb113_ZNxpt479YYGB&utm_id=7921)Give it a rest will you !!!!

Removed
Who me or Frogster? :wink:

:greengrin Have you fell out with her as well?

Wait a minute, who hasn't :agree:

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2009, 11:47 PM
:love ya!::embarrass

ffs get a room, you two.

ArabHibee
28-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Give it a rest will you !!!!

FFS! Keep up will you, everyone's having a love-in now!! :greengrin

Pete
28-11-2009, 11:48 PM

I had my volume up at max...almost had a bloody heart attack.

Mister P
28-11-2009, 11:51 PM
according to Yogi on the BBC radio post match interview....Stacks back tightened up so they decided to give maka a run oot.

SquashedFrogg
28-11-2009, 11:53 PM
:wink:
FFS! Keep up will you, everyone's having a love-in now!! :greengrin

Yeah, close your eye's folks, the alcohol's kicking in. This could get messy...

ArabHibee
28-11-2009, 11:57 PM
I had my volume up at max...almost had a bloody heart attack.

:confused:

Pete
29-11-2009, 12:08 AM
:confused:

That smiley link and the "pssst".:grr::greengrin

though it was a bloody gas leak.

Cropley10
29-11-2009, 12:27 AM

I yield to no Hibee in my dislike of Alan Biscuit Preston...:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
29-11-2009, 01:48 AM
I was sitting near the bottom of the east. Had some nutter who was sitting next to his daughter who must have been 7 or 8. But the language coming from his mouth was unbelieveable. He never made any racial comments or anything, but he had a constant go at Bamba all game, calling him a clown and saying that he's not good enough for Hibs. :crazy:

Where do these bams come from? :confused:

TornadoHibby
29-11-2009, 12:06 PM

:top marks

Anything more would be a waste! :wink:

TornadoHibby
29-11-2009, 12:09 PM

I did know that the "shorter keeper wouldn't have got it" line would be used tonight. I thought a keeper who stays closer to his line wouldn't have been in any danger of being chipped. :wink:
I think you either need to wear your specs at matches or get down to Specsavers to get your prescription checked! :wink: :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-11-2009, 12:23 PM

Don't think it was Alan Preston mate, it was Steve Cowan

Perspective
29-11-2009, 03:53 PM
I would get new batteries in your tranny. Preston wasn't at the game. :greengrin

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=36960689

Check out post 1135. I accept your impending apology.

TheMentalHibees
29-11-2009, 04:34 PM
ArabHibee, I was in the Shed a couple of years back and a guy accompanied by four or five kids (I wonder if he's migrated to the FF?) was getting after Maka - Maka was a 'banana-hunter', he should 'go pick coconuts', he should 'get back to the jungle and swing from a tree' and so on and on....

Everyone else around was just letting it go. I was about to get a steward or policeman when a steward (a middle-aged man) came over without being asked and told him to shut it. But he wasn't ejected as he should have been, and he continued making funny comments in a whisper to the kids he was with. My estimate of his character? A total creep.

The fact is that most folks will ignore racist abuse unless they're forced to deal with it. Or they'll bottle out because they realise no one else is going to back them up. Or they'll laugh. Or they'll join in.

I agree with you. How on earth do you deal with a few hundred/thousand fans singing silly/nasty/dirty songs about players en masse? Blast them with 'Glory, glory to the Hibees' at top volume over the tannoy in whatever part of the ground they happen to be? Install a sprinkler system automaticaly activated by songs and chants of bigotry?

What IS bad is that often the police and stewards don't do what the steward did that time in the Shed. There was a bunch of Aberdeen fans went right through the second half of the Dons game a few weeks back chanting that Graham Stack was a paedophile. They were at the front of the stand, standing up, clearly identifiable. Police and stewards were present and could see them - and did nothing. :rolleyes:

Stewards are there to make sure fights don't break out, and to break it up if one does start. Don't be expecting them to do much else. All you have to do is count the number of times fans have gained access to the pitch. To do this, they've gotten past stewards, who have no doubt been vacantly staring at the crowd and not seen it happen. Of course they get caught, theres not many places for them to go once they've gotten onto the pitch, but they shouldn't be able to get there in the first place.

MartinfaePorty
29-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Just to clear up the debate, Paul Mitchell and Steve Cowan were the commentary team, Alan Preston was doing the 'Open all mikes' reports.

CropleyWasGod
29-11-2009, 05:25 PM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=36960689

Check out post 1135. I accept your impending apology.

Apology given. I was listening to the game itself, along with all the other part-timers.

Next time, avoid the part-time summarisers, and listen to the game, like all of us full-time radio-listeners.

Part timer :wink:

Perspective
29-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Apology given. I was listening to the game itself, along with all the other part-timers.

Next time, avoid the part-time summarisers, and listen to the game, like all of us full-time radio-listeners.

Part timer :wink:

I could see the full game from my seat in the West Stand, thanks.

CropleyWasGod
29-11-2009, 07:14 PM
I could see the full game from my seat in the West Stand, thanks.

... where's the irony smilie?.....