PDA

View Full Version : Old Firm

SneakersO'Toole
28-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Just how bad are they?

I think its been obviously for a few years now that both are nowhere near the teams they were. But in my short football lifetime I can't remember a time when both were just so poor. Over the years, usually one of them was far the superior but this year you can't separate them. I think the dwindling crowds and multiple times they have dropped points home and away indicates the backwards direction they are both heading.

What are peoples thoughts on this? Are we finally seeing dominance of the Glasgow fall or is it short-lived excitment/interest for us fans outside of the Old Firm?

PISTOL1875
28-11-2009, 05:24 PM
Just how bad are they?

I think its been obviously for a few years now that both are nowhere near the teams they were. But in my short football lifetime I can't remember a time when both were just so poor. Over the years, usually one of them was far the superior but this year you can't separate them. I think the dwindling crowds and multiple times they have dropped points home and away indicates the backwards direction they are both heading.

What are peoples thoughts on this? Are we finally seeing dominance of the Glasgow fall or is it short-lived excitment/interest for us fans outside of the Old Firm?

The major fact now is that they can't spend millions apon millions on players willy nilly is finally caught up with them...

soupy
28-11-2009, 05:31 PM
:thumbsup:
Just how bad are they?

And long may it continue..GGTTH

ScottB
28-11-2009, 05:40 PM
They've both weakened incredibly, though as skint and weak as they are, they can still toss around money at a whole other level to the rest of us.

What is important is that that 'other level' is now much closer to the one we operate at. I also think they are no longer as obvious a route to a bigger English club for players as they once were.

Also it helps that on the whole both have blown their cash on Fortune style huddies.

Whether they are beatable over the course of this season or not I'm not sure, they certainly aren't showing signs of pulling away yet, indeed if things had gone slightly differently we could quite easily have been top right now.

IF Hibs can keep the gap around the level it's at at least until January then things get very interesting indeed, and would probably convince RP to spend in January to push on. If as I would expect Rangers lose players in January and fail to strengthen, we should do a bit of speculating and go for it I think...