PDA

View Full Version : Riordan

Westie1875
28-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Thank god for Deek, 2 great goals from him today - keep it up and get an extended contract signed! :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
28-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Thank god for Deek, 2 great goals from him today - keep it up and get an extended contract signed! :thumbsup:

:agree: Boy is class ..

£150k fae Smellies and they spend £3.8m on Fortune :faf:

SneakersO'Toole
28-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Played out of position every week and will still without doubt be our top goal scorer this season.

He may not be the complete footballer but is worth his weight in gold for the number of points he can win a football team over the course of a season.

pedroorange1875
28-11-2009, 04:57 PM
not really so sure he is played out of position, i think he likes the left side. And he is kind of given free reign to come inside, never gets any real pressure from hughes when he drifts about. Class finisher.

aussie_hibee
28-11-2009, 04:57 PM
goal scoring machine. I think if i found him in bed with my missus, i'd tuck him in..! Legend.

IWasThere2016
28-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Played out of position every week and will still without doubt be our top goal scorer this season.

He may not be the complete footballer but is worth his weight in gold for the number of points he can win a football team over the course of a season.

:agree: Sign of class :thumbsup:

500miles
28-11-2009, 05:17 PM
He's becoming a more complete player every week. He's always had the ability to be more than an out and out goalscorer, and it would seem that Yogi is helping him get the most out of him. He's making the good passes, putting in balls, picking the ball up deep, running at players, and STILL scoring goals.

Very pleased with his progress.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-11-2009, 05:20 PM
goal scoring machine. I think if i found him in bed with my missus, i'd tuck him in..! Legend.

..................ok then :wink:

Storar
28-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Right up there with my favourite ever players:notworthy:

Tha Cabbage Kid
28-11-2009, 06:43 PM

i nearly pi$$ed ma Pants reading this!!!

you made ma day mate! very funny!:wink:

:faf::faf::faf:

Big Frank
28-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Riordan is class.

He should never be allowed to leave Hibernian FC again.

Www1875hfc
28-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Riordan is class.

:agree: exactly, gie the boy a new contract,keep him at hibs and give him a testimonial.

hibbie02
28-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Currently 2nd top scorer in the SPL but can't start for Scotland because Tam Cowie (of the mighty Watford via Ross County & ICT) gets the nod ahead of him. FFS Boyd only has one more goal and he doesn't want to play. :grr::grr::grr:

weststandhibby
28-11-2009, 07:34 PM
looked like he was holding his left hamstring near the end - hope it wasnt a tweak and hes fit for next week....
class finish for the 2nd.
BUT
please look like your enjoying it Deek - smile sometimes !!

Shrekko
28-11-2009, 07:42 PM
BUT

He normally smiles about 20 times a season :wink:

Storar
28-11-2009, 07:49 PM
78 SPL goals during his career. Should make 100 by the end of next season :notworthy:

weststandhibby
28-11-2009, 07:52 PM
He normally smiles about 20 times a season :wink:

:top marks
Yogis interview on the beeb shows the work ethic he is now showing -long may it continue.

I'm looking for 25 - including the winner in the cup final :wink:

madabouthibs
28-11-2009, 07:56 PM
He was visibly knackered at the end of the game today, a sign of the work he's putting in just now I reckon. :agree:

lyonhibs
28-11-2009, 08:01 PM
I can't believe the transformation in Deeks under Yogi.

I frequently walk away from games these days saying that Deeks was our hardest working forward. Unthinkable last season or before he left for Septic.

I still think that, if we are to play him wide left, that the players on the right need to have the confidence to ping the ball across the park to him with one pass, instead of it making its way across to him via 3/4 short passes.

There were several times today when shifting the play right - left quickly could have resulted in Deek having several more opportunities to get the ball in dangerous positions.

Davy Mac
28-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Riordan is class.

Like that Frank.

When he signed I said to my laddies - just wait and see what he does on the park :greengrin - you'll love it!

Tremendous and echo your sentiments 100%

Crab apple
28-11-2009, 08:16 PM
He was visibly knackered at the end of the game today, a sign of the work he's putting in just now I reckon. :agree:

Agreed. Apart from his two goals I thought he worked really hard today.

silverhibee
29-11-2009, 12:10 AM
looked like he was holding his left hamstring near the end - hope it wasnt a tweak and hes fit for next week....
class finish for the 2nd.
BUT

He has a niggly groin problem, has been carrying the injury for a few weeks now.

silverhibee
29-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Hate to say it but i think there is still another big move In Riordans career, i dont see him playing out the rest of career at Hibs, but i hope he stays as long as possible at Hibs.

Hibercelona
29-11-2009, 12:17 AM
He has a niggly groin problem, has been carrying the injury for a few weeks now.

I heard she's the right vicious type right enough. :devil:

If you're reading this, keep up the great work Deek! :thumbsup:

Hibs90
29-11-2009, 05:20 AM
Oh how I love that boy...

:thumbsup::notworthy:

James Connolly
29-11-2009, 06:01 AM
Sheer quality!! :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
29-11-2009, 09:10 AM

:top marks :thumbsup:

Riordan is well and truly on his way to smashing in a ton plus goals for the cabbage:agree:

Different class.

Riordans Boots
29-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Would lick his boots :agree: Legend :not worth

Ell_Chrisso
29-11-2009, 12:40 PM
If he was that good, he would have scored a Hat-trick :wink:

Plus, he only got One! his first was defo an O.G! :greengrin

California-Hibs
29-11-2009, 01:24 PM
The guy is a Hibs legend. End Of :thumbsup:

jdships
29-11-2009, 01:28 PM
not really so sure he is played out of position, i think he likes the left side. And he is kind of given free reign to come inside, never gets any real pressure from hughes when he drifts about. Class finisher.

Agree with you on that .
I have noticed over the seasons he has always favoured "drifting off" to the left .

:thumbsup:

RIP
29-11-2009, 01:32 PM
What's more - I actually saw him making a tackle yesterday. First time this season.

Now we only need Benji and Stokes to do likewise. :greengrin

Robbie1875
29-11-2009, 08:46 PM
What's more - I actually saw him making a tackle yesterday. First time this season.

Now we only need Benji and Stokes to do likewise. :greengrin

And he headed the ball once! Have we found the complete footballer?

NB Hibby
29-11-2009, 09:32 PM
And he headed the ball once! Have we found the complete footballer?

Twice!:greengrin

IWasThere2016
29-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Hate to say it but i think there is still another big move In Riordans career, i dont see him playing out the rest of career at Hibs, but i hope he stays as long as possible at Hibs.

STOP THAT RIGHT THERE!!! :grr:

Baw187
29-11-2009, 11:10 PM
STOP THAT RIGHT THERE!!! :grr:

Sorry TQM. I was told by someone who knows Deek that he still thinks he'll get another big move. Boy was a yam mind you and could have been on the wind up but not sure I disbelieve it.

Hibercelona
29-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Deek does have another big move in him. But he isn't going anywhere too soon. :agree:

silverhibee
29-11-2009, 11:46 PM
If Derek continues to play and progess the way he has with Hibs and under Yogi till the end of the season, then i can see clubs showing intrest in him at the end of the season.
He has had a couple of caps with Scotland this season as well which clubs will take notice of and maybe realize that Derek has grown up and has added a lot more to his game under Yogi.
And on a wee side note, Deeks and McGeady, both play the same position for there clubs, McGeady is being touted about in the press that celtc are after £10m for him.:faf:, i think he has got two goals this season and has been pretty poor too for celtc.
As for Deeks, eight goals so far and i think it will get better for him as the season continues, now i know Derek is not worth £10m, mind you neither is the one trick pony, but if he can get 20 goals this season from the left midfield then once again other clubs will be very intrested in him. And has been great for Hibs so far and long may it continue.
Derek is starting to peak as a footballer imo.:thumbsup: