PDA

View Full Version : Nish

SouthMoroccoStu
28-11-2009, 04:15 PM
To all the doubters......

Not sure what was said to him at half time but he was a different player in the second half!!!

Heldthe ball up well and caused problems to the falkirk defence. Shows just what he can do!

More of the same big man.

Glory glory

--------
28-11-2009, 04:18 PM

Not sure what was said to him at half time but he was a different player in the second half!!!

Heldthe ball up well and caused problems to the falkirk defence. Shows just what he can do!

Glory glory

He was the same when he came on against the Dons, and I thought his display against St Mirren in the first game of the season was excellent.

He can play - if only he'd do it more often.

YehButNoBut
28-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Should have scored at least one goal today, but did play well.

BigKev
28-11-2009, 04:40 PM
He's still brutal.

When will he ever learn to stay onside?

For a big laddie he's too easily knocked off the ball and gives away too many soft fouls.

Malthibby
28-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Missed a sitter but did put himself about.
One wonderful salmon like leap at our end. Had he not sailed past the ball it would have been a thing of beauty.
GG

hibsbollah
28-11-2009, 04:44 PM
One wonderful salmon like leap at our end. Had he not sailed past the ball it would have been a thing of beauty.
GG

I think it was more of a brown trout.:devil:

Cabbage1875
28-11-2009, 04:44 PM
He's still brutal.

For a big laddie he's too easily knocked off the ball and gives away too many soft fouls.
Absolutely typical. He was our best player today but yet some folk cannot give credit where it's due. :bitchy:

SneakersO'Toole
28-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Should start ahead of Stokes next week.

Had a good 2nd half today but his finishing is still that of under-7's schoolboy.

225-EasterRd
28-11-2009, 04:57 PM
:grr: Ok we all know hes not a top striker, but he is a hibs supporter and always try's his best, at the moment he is getting in to better goal scoreing positions than stokes and benji. And if given a run i think he will start to put them away, he also puts himself about more upsetting the defenders more than benji does. Nish is a big clumsy type striker but does more for me than stokes and benji at the moment.:agree: So lets give him a wee break and get off his back. :thumbsup:

pedroorange1875
28-11-2009, 05:02 PM
terrible striker but wins his fair share of headers, we need to learn to play off him when he is on the field, Stokes was no where near him today and in my opinion should be rested for a while, he had done nothing. Riordan and Nish had a good partnership and deeks can play of him better.

Bob1875
28-11-2009, 05:03 PM
He's still brutal.

How's he brutal? He was our best player. Stokes was brutal, so your comment.

hibee_girl
28-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Nish had a good game today :agree:

Much better than Stokes!

soupy
28-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Nish played well today, had him for 1st goal and 2 nil, but ill let him off:wink:

Judas Iscariot
28-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Nish was excellent today, what a difference :agree:

Stokes however was plsh once again..

duffers
28-11-2009, 05:29 PM
He's still brutal.

So are you saying he's brutal for the reason alone hes caught offside alot?
I only seem to remember him being offside once today, hardly shocking.
Today showed he's just what we need, holding the ball up, knocking the ball on etc. Gives more to the team than stokes or benji do.

James Connolly
28-11-2009, 05:31 PM
How's he brutal? He was our best player. Stokes was brutal, so your comment.

Agree about Stokes, but Nish in the 1st half was abysmal; did improve in the 2nd half; but to say he was our best player is a joke!!:confused:

mim
28-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Know nothing yet about what happened today (I'll catch up later), but Nish and Riordan were excellent together against St Mirren at ER LAST season.
I was gobsmacked that Mixu didn't continue to play them together up front as our main strike force.
Deeks is a striker, but needs someone to play off. At the moment, by far our best option is Nish.

Unless we are thinking of re-signing O'Connor, Nish should start every game and Deeks should be played as a striker, playing off Nish. :agree:

crash
28-11-2009, 05:41 PM
I must have been at a different game. Nish has no ability whatsoever, everytime he goes for the ball he gives away a free kick? How many players does he set up with these mythical knock ons? When he is on the park we turn into a hoofball team. Get Rid January and lets play football.

TheEastTerrace
28-11-2009, 05:45 PM
He's still brutal.

Failing to stay onside never hurt Filipo Inzaghi :wink:

Nish does blow hot and cold. Mind you, we knew what we were getting when we bought him. He'll never be a Deeks, but if he gets 10 goals in a season, that's not a bad return for a striker of his ability.

Cabbage1875
28-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Agree about Stokes, but Nish in the 1st half was abysmal; did improve in the 2nd half; but to say he was our best player is a joke!!:confused:
He was far and away our best player today. Given he should have finished the chance in the first half, his headed chance was very unlcuky to be saved by a tremendous double save. His general play was outstanding and his work rate unrivalled in our side today.

I must have been at a different game. Nish has no ability whatsoever, everytime he goes for the ball he gives away a free kick? How many players does he set up with these mythical knock ons? When he is on the park we turn into a hoofball team. Get Rid January and lets play football.
This is just rubbish.

The Harp Awakes
28-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Nish had a decent game today but as usual the ref gave him no protection.

He's certainly worth his place before Stokes or Benji.

Pedantic_Hibee
28-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Wee Stokesy had better get his finger out soon methinks, the bedding in period ended a while ago and there's no room for excuses anymore.

James Connolly
28-11-2009, 05:51 PM
He was far and away our best player today. Given he should have finished the chance in the first half, his headed chance was very unlcuky to be saved by a tremendous double save. His general play was outstanding and his work rate unrivalled in our side today.

Let's just agree to disagree then; your last statement says it all!!!:bitchy:

Hibby 2005
28-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Stokes v Nish, only one winner and it's the one who's paid less!

Cabbage1875
28-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Let's just agree to disagree then; your last statement says it all!!!:bitchy:
Nah, why dont you tell me where you disagree with me.

Many have pretty much said the same. Guess you're in the scapegoat brigade as well?

Hibby Bairn
28-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Stokes v Nish, only one winner and it's the one who's paid less!

Stokes must be amazing in training because since his goal at Ibrox he has done precisely SFA to deserve a starting place.

Hiber-nation
28-11-2009, 06:04 PM
He was the same when he came on against the Dons, and I thought his display against St Mirren in the first game of the season was excellent.

He can play - if only he'd do it more often.

Exactly. Along with Rankin (yes Rankin) our best player today. But Rankin's the same - a good game followed by about 6 not so good games.

Cabbage1875
28-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Exactly. Along with Rankin (yes Rankin) our best player today. But Rankin's the same - a good game followed by about 6 not so good games.
And when they have the good games, people cannot even bring themselves to give them credit for it. I also agree that Rankin was up there today. If only some of our fans would take their blinkers off.

GreenPJ
28-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Nish should have scored 3 (sitter early in the first half, then the header that he had already decided had gone in, then the one that was called off-side), he falls on his backside too much, doesn't use his height enough but tries all the time. He is not going to get better than he is but he tries.

Stokes has lots of ability and never uses it. This talk of a £2M striker is a joke, he needs to get his head straight and possibly his extra-cirruclar activities need to be reigned in otherwise he is not worth £200K never mind £2M.

The_Todd
28-11-2009, 06:10 PM
I don't understand all the "terrible striker" chat. He's in the top 12 all time SPL striker list. How can he be terrible?

Nade is terrible. The fact there's been so much fuss about him managing to score a whole two goals this season is bizarre for a 10k a week striker, Nish however is not terrible.

James Connolly
28-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Nah, why dont you tell me where you disagree with me.

Many have pretty much said the same. Guess you're in the scapegoat brigade as well?

I thought Nish was abysmal today, especially in the 1st half!!!!

That is my opinion!!!!

Your opinion is that he was outstanding; that is where we disagree.

Personally, I think you don't have a clue what you're talking about; but hey, we're all entitled to our opinions!!:bye:

DirtyDeeds
28-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Big guy had a good second half today, best hes produced in a while. Still think that if we're going to persist with a player of his style, which id prefer we didnt as its too much of a hoof-magnet, then we need to look elsewhere. He has his games, and like iv said before theyre just about regularly enough for him to get by it seems, but all in his level of consistency is woeful, his touch 8 times out of 10 is amatuerish and his finishing aspires to that of said amatuers. People who use the 'he's a Hibbie' routine or praise his supposed work-rate (his effort in the Derby was shameful) need to get their heads out the sand quicker than any Yam i know. Glad he played well today as it certainly contributed to the result but there are still some painful truths. Should have scored at LEAST once today. And todays 'powerhouse' display came against not only the bottom side in the league, but also the frailest centre-back pairing in the division. Mr Nish, by all accounts youre a good lad, but you are nowhere near good enough, 7-10 goals per season for a regular starting striker is not acceptable. Please leave!

p.s. Before folk jump in with 'how humpty was Stokes' i agree he was minging and should be given the hook for a few games also, we have the options to drop them both if need be, its not one or the other.

crash
I don't understand all the "terrible striker" chat. He's in the top 12 all time SPL striker list. How can he be terrible?

Nade is terrible. The fact there's been so much fuss about him managing to score a whole two goals this season is bizarre for a 10k a week striker, Nish however is not terrible.

How many has Nish scored this season in a better side than Nade? How many goals has Nish set up? How many free-kicks did he give away today and every week?

If Only
He's still brutal.

How many times was he offside today, in fact howmany offsides where there today?

Cabbage1875
28-11-2009, 06:21 PM
I thought Nish was abysmal today, especially in the 1st half!!!!

That is my opinion!!!!

Your opinion is that he was outstanding; that is where we disagree.

Personally, I think you don't have a clue what you're talking about; but hey, we're all entitled to our opinions!!:bye:
We will leave it at that then, petty insults are the sign of low intellect. And a blinkered view on Colin Nish's performance today. :wink:

zlatan
28-11-2009, 06:21 PM

Pretty much this.

Cropley10
28-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Wee Stokesy had better get his finger out soon methinks, the bedding in period ended a while ago and there's no room for excuses anymore.

Stokes?

Can't see what all the fuss is about tbh. Does he think he's better than he is? I don't know, but I do know he's done well to get as far as he has with a first touch like his.

His attempted pass to Deek, when he had Zemmama outside him was not good...

James Connolly
28-11-2009, 06:23 PM
We will leave it at that then, petty insults are the sign of low intellect. And a blinkered view on Colin Nish's performance today. :wink:

Petty insults???:confused:

Put the dummy back in Einstein!:dummytit:

Hibby 2005
28-11-2009, 06:24 PM
The problem is that Riordan is the only forward on form.

lyonhibs
28-11-2009, 06:27 PM
:grr: Ok we all know hes not a top striker, but he is a hibs supporter and always try's his best, at the moment he is getting in to better goal scoreing positions than stokes and benji. And if given a run i think he will start to put them away, he also puts himself about more upsetting the defenders more than benji does. Nish is a big clumsy type striker but does more for me than stokes and benji at the moment.:agree: So lets give him a wee break and get off his back. :thumbsup:

What difference does that make?? I'm a Hibs fan :confused:

He had a far better second half, but the facts remain, he wins far too few headers for someone of his height and spurned a 1 on 1 that any of our other 1st choice strikers would have dispatched long before the Falkirk defender got across to block.

Everybody loves a trier, and on occassion in the 2nd half he showed himself to be capable of being much more than simply that.

I only hope it continues.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-11-2009, 06:28 PM
As Hardeep Singh Kholi (sp?) says...

hes an enigma wrapped in a conundrum.

Badge
28-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Absolutely typical. He was our best player today but yet some folk cannot give credit where it's due. :bitchy:

You are kidding? Better than Murray? Not at the game I was at.

deek68
28-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Nish had a good game today, held the ball up really well 2nd half. He's just a fraction of a second too slow sometimes; glorious chance to make it 2-0 at the end of the first half... couldn't pull the trigger fast enough though...

Cabbage1875
28-11-2009, 06:35 PM
You are kidding? Better than Murray? Not at the game I was at.
Murray was great I agree, but he was a virtual spectator for the last 20 minutes after getting a knock.

I must have been at a different game then.

Hibby Bairn
28-11-2009, 06:36 PM
And it was of course Nish who set up the attack for the second goal.

Badge
28-11-2009, 06:55 PM
And it was of course Nish who set up the attack for the second goal.
What was Wotherspoon's role in the move?

Badge
28-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Murray was great I agree, but he was a virtual spectator for the last 20 minutes after getting a knock.

I must have been at a different game then.
Murray's work rate and commitment in the first half alone was more than Nish offered in the whole 90 minutes. Yes Murray struggled for the last 15 minutes or so but he was by far the best player on the park in the first half and for the first half hour of the second. For anybody to suggest Nish's overall contribution to the game was greater than Murray's is a nonsense IMO.

hibee-shtuggie
28-11-2009, 07:01 PM
never has a player split the support in recent years such as colin nish has. its incredible, theres seems to be no middle ground with this guy, hes like effin' marmite. just about to watch the game on bbc alba as was working today so cant comment on his performance today...as YET. in the past though the offsides are a problem and they are situations when he doesnt need to be offside...its just laziness. wether people like to admit it or not, we are looking at him through green tinted glasses just because he is a fan. i am a fan and i would try my hardest but id still be gash. i see him as an impact substiution when we are one nil down or chasing a game. other than that i wouldnt start him

erin go bragh
28-11-2009, 07:05 PM
I think it was more of a brown trout.:devil:
is that not berra:wink:

H18sry
28-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Colin [p]Nish 2 one on one's inside 18 yards both missed say's it all :grr:

Murray, Bamba, Hogg and Wotherspoon were more deserving of a MOM award :agree:

Bayern Bru
28-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Nishy our best player?

Seems like some people on the board are as spaced out as our goalies seemed to be today! :cool2:

He was a lot better than he has been, but best player? I'd put Murray, Miller, Rankin and perhaps others ahead of him today. He was unlucky not to score and I felt he got a rough deal from the ref in terms of free kicks/infringements.

Definite improvement on previous weeks :thumbsup:

Hibby Bairn
28-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Aye. I know that. I'm just saying that Nish had a key role to play in starting the attack. He's not just all 'effort' and a 'trier'.

hibsbollah
28-11-2009, 07:10 PM
is that not berra:wink:

da BOOM:top marks

degenerated
28-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Colin [p]Nish 2 one on one's inside 18 yards both missed say's it all :grr:

Murray, Bamba, Hogg and Wotherspoon were more deserving of a MOM award :agree:

i thought bamba was a liability today, opinions eh

Badge
28-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Aye. I know that. I'm just saying that Nish had a key role to play in starting the attack. He's not just all 'effort' and a 'trier'.

I'm not having a go at Nish. I'm having a go at the people who are suggesting he was MOM.He was never MOM in a million years. Yes he was better than previous games but did not contribute enough to be MOM.

Mikeystewart
28-11-2009, 07:26 PM
:top marks Thought he had a great game most lively of the strikers and over all his best performance of the season and arguably his best since he signed or mabey the below average performance from stokes/riordan made him look better. Hopefully he can continue on from this and add some goals for his troubles.

before any one starts a thought riordans goals where great this wide position he plays i feel compremises his attacking threat. its good to see him working hard and tracking back but i dont beleive this job should be given to deek.

Cabbage1875
28-11-2009, 07:26 PM
[/B]

I'm not having a go at Nish. I'm having a go at the people who are suggesting he was MOM.He was never MOM in a million years. Yes he was better than previous games but did not contribute enough to be MOM.
I take issue with this big style, but I wont bother becuase if you disagree with the majority on here you are either 'clueless' or 'know nothing'.

Pointless exercise.

ArabHibee
28-11-2009, 07:36 PM

Bollocks

Stokes?

Can't see what all the fuss is about tbh. Does he think he's better than he is? I don't know, but I do know he's done well to get as far as he has with a first touch like his.

His attempted pass to Deek, when he had Zemmama outside him was not good...

:agree: His first touch is absolutely woeful. He needs to practice this in training, sooner rather than later.

sadtom
28-11-2009, 07:40 PM
GG

Tinned?

whereswallace?
28-11-2009, 07:59 PM
I thought that Nish played as well as iv seen him today.As one of his biggest critics im not shy in giving him it when hes his usual pish but today i felt he was our best player.Spent a lot less time on his erse than usual(possibly after words from Yogi),hold up play was good and work rate superb today. Bamba looked a bit dodgy in my opinion aswell.

GC
28-11-2009, 08:14 PM
See MAC scored again for Hamilton again the day. One goal behind Deeks for the season.

Can we have him back please and sell Nish?

Baldy Foghorn
28-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Thought the big man was excellent especially in the second half, with some great runs, and some nice touches...... Held ball up well.........

No matter what he does some people will never like him.......:grr:

Hibs Spain
28-11-2009, 08:30 PM

Glory gloryThat was one of his best games. Wasn't going down every two seconds.. BUT missed two real sitters albeit the second was deemed offside:agree:

Cabbage1875
28-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Thought the big man was excellent especially in the second half, with some great runs, and some nice touches...... Held ball up well.........

No matter what he does some people will never like him.......:grr:
Indeed. :boo hoo:

Bayern Bru
28-11-2009, 08:57 PM
See MAC scored again for Hamilton again the day. One goal behind Deeks for the season.

No chance.
There's clearly a personality issue or something. He went to Dundee from us and they couldn't wait to get rid of him.
I'd rather someone in the style of that Nade boy at Hearts...
:devil:

jiggerman
28-11-2009, 09:04 PM
I think its clear people will have to agree to disagree re: Nish.

I get frustrated with him, he is inconsistent but i thought he was good today. Possibly his best overall performance in a Hibs shirt, despite not scoring (when he should have, but he was unlucky).

His link up play was good - nice reverse passes, balls out wide, good chest control and was linking up well in short passing sequences.

Nish is never going to be the sort of player who wins us a match with wonderful (riordan linke strikes) play - but is someone who IS CAPABLE of linking up play IF player like stokes anticpate his flick ons etc.

If he finds consistency he would be ahead of Benji and Stokes for me.

Well done Colin Nish.

J

18/03/07
28-11-2009, 09:29 PM

F.Off
Also did the ref give anything C.Nish anything today.
Stokes maybe a shot on the bench will help?
Without a doubt deek best player today,but would love to see deek in playing in the middle of the park with D.Galbrieth playing out on left?

ancient hibee
28-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Nish played him into space with a very neat pass.

Nish is much better on the ground than he is in the air.Some of the fouls he was pulled up for could have gone either way.His header looked to me to be in and after seeing it on TV I still think it was.

BEEJ
29-11-2009, 12:32 AM
On the contrary.....

I see from the match stats on the official site that Hibs committed 24 fouls in the game today and Nish was responsible for 9 of them!

:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
29-11-2009, 04:28 AM
While I acknowledge that nish played better today, mainly in the second half he still missed two sitters that would have made the game very comfortable. A better performance but MOM, no chance that goes to murray for me.

But hey he's a hibs fan so i probably shouldn't criticise him :worms:

Gatecrasher
29-11-2009, 07:10 AM
The usual nish bashing thread eh:rolleyes:

at least he puts in a shift compared to the likes of benji who seemed to have got away with doing f-all again.

HFC 0-7
29-11-2009, 08:03 AM
GG

Some guy behind me in the west lower started singing the snowman song just after Nish done that . . . .

Im flying through the air. . . . . .

HFC 0-7
29-11-2009, 08:10 AM
F.Off
Without a doubt deek best player today,but would love to see deek in playing in the middle of the park with D.Galbrieth playing out on left?

Defo Stokes should be on the bench, I think his touch is actually getting worse! Deek played very well but thought the best player on the park by a mile was Murray, he was bossing everything near him and emptied a few players fairly, probably why that we idiot got annoyed and chopped him.

The problem with Nish and referees is that Nish jumps with his back arched which looks like he is either fouling the opposition player or trying to get a free kick by making it look like he is being fouled.

Nish was definately better today by a country mile than he has been, his work rate improved too, but unfortunately I still think he isnt for Hibs plus he missed a sitter today, that, if he wants fans back onside with him, he needs to take.

500miles
29-11-2009, 09:32 AM
In the first half, he wasn't at his best. The knockdowns and loose balls he forced were ineffectual because he didn't have players waiting to pick up the ball.

However, he came deeper in the second half, which allowed Riordan and Miller in particular to benefit from these touches. It allowed him to play as wfat he is best - a supporting striker. For me Nish's link up play can be excellent.

The question was raised as to why our stikers weren't working. For me, Stokes is only there to get himself goals, Riordan is a predator, and although his support play is now much better, he will 9/10 times go for it himself - which is absolutely correct for a player who scores the sort of goals he does. Benji plays when Benji feels like it.

Nish isn't our best finisher. He won't often score from 20 odd yards, or with his first touch unless it's with the head, or two yards from goal, but give him time to think, and he has one of the coolest heads of our front men. More importantly he provides the other attackers with ammunition, and as last seasons assists charts show, he's fairly prolific at that. He also put in a couple of cracking tackles yesterday, and was useful defending set pieces.

basehibby
29-11-2009, 09:33 AM

Were you blindfolded for the whole second half???

He did miss a sitter in the first half but Nish was by far our best outlet on the break in the second half - the thing was he looked most happy with the ball at his feet running at defenders rather than in the air so that every time the defence found Nish with a pass he had the Bairns defence on the back foot and brought his teammates into the game - if you didn't notice that then you must have had your head up your jaxy :bitchy:

Ell_Chrisso
29-11-2009, 12:26 PM

Glory glory

Good on you for making this post! Although, i thought atleast SOMEONE would have seen he played well.

To be honest, theres alot of people, who slag off Nish for his fouling, but see yesterday, the referee was a JOKE! Anytime Nish went near the ball, he blew his whistle. I actually think Nish gets picked on,. purely because of his size. and half the time, its the defender, fouling him. He switches off too much at times, hence the reason he gets caught offside. But you cant question his work rate. Atleast we can say every week he WILL try.

I feel sorry for him, and im glad he played well. The only thing he didnt do, was put the ball in the back of the net. Im not going to criticise him too much, but they were TWO SITTERS!

On the other hand, Stokes is another, that needs to start proving he was worth the hype. Because he is having too many quiet games recently.
Still, he is a Hibs player, and i will stick by him.

Hibby Bairn
29-11-2009, 12:29 PM
F.Off

Definitely. Not sure why it hasn't happened yet.

Hibs90
29-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I'd love to see Zemmama playing off Nish. Zemmama's strength and pace would allow him to pick up any headers Nish gets and knowing Zemmama's skills and creativity I reckon it would create us a fair few more chances.

(the lines being where Zemmama picks the ball up. Then with Stokes and Deek on either side, would work much better than what we have now. This is only if Nish stays onside and on his feet though.

Riordan | Nish | Stokes
Zooma

Cabbage1875
29-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Were you blindfolded for the whole second half???

He did miss a sitter in the first half but Nish was by far our best outlet on the break in the second half - the thing was he looked most happy with the ball at his feet running at defenders rather than in the air so that every time the defence found Nish with a pass he had the Bairns defence on the back foot and brought his teammates into the game - if you didn't notice that then you must have had your head up your jaxy :bitchy:
Spot on :top marks

Cool_Hand_Luke
29-11-2009, 02:29 PM
The usual nish bashing thread eh:rolleyes:

at least he puts in a shift compared to the likes of benji who seemed to have got away with doing f-all again.

Might have had something to do with Benji being on the bench :dunno: :greengrin

IMO, when Benji came on, he done more in the short time he was on than Stokes did...and should be starting instead of him next week :agree:

Not a fan of Nish and think he should be moved on asap...but he did play a lot better yesterday than he has done recently :agree:

Dunbar Hibee
29-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Thought he was brutal yesterday, worst player on the park.. well second worse (to Stokes) :agree:

Hibbie_Cameron
29-11-2009, 03:28 PM
I thought he was alright yesterday. Not our best player but not the worst either.

Look at it this way, Nish has limited ability and tries his heart out, sometimes he will be poor sometimes he wont. What you see is what you get with him

Stokes on the other hand must be one of our highest earners, paid a decent fee for him, has a big reputation yet only plays for 5 mins here and there. Stokes has been a disappointment imo and needs dropped

basehibby
29-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Thought he was brutal yesterday, worst player on the park.. well second worse (to Stokes) :agree:

There's none so blind as those that refuse to see :bitchy:

TheMentalHibees
29-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Had a good game. Not one of his biggest fans personally, but credit where credit's due, he played well. Aside from a few soft fouls conceded, he was key in most of our attacks, linking up play and keeping the ball moving. More of the same big man :agree:

Gatecrasher
29-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Might have had something to do with Benji being on the bench :dunno: :greengrin

IMO, when Benji came on, he done more in the short time he was on than Stokes did...and should be starting instead of him next week :agree:

Not a fan of Nish and think he should be moved on asap...but he did play a lot better yesterday than he has done recently :agree:

Obviously I meant for the time he was on the park :wink:

but Imo he just sort of drifts about rarely creating anything.

I agree stokes needs to step up because if deeks hits a dry spell it's up to them to take over

Baldy Foghorn
29-11-2009, 05:29 PM

Did you watch the game with your eyes closed???:confused:

scoopyboy
29-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Did you watch the game with your eyes closed???:confused:

Agreed.

Nish even picked up a few votes for MOTM on our bus.

Thought he was excellent 2nd half. Gets free kicks awarded against him a lot when he does nothing wrong, a reputation he has probably earned over the years but is hard for him to get rid off.

Baldy Foghorn
29-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Agreed.

Nish even picked up a few votes for MOTM on our bus.

Thought he was excellent 2nd half. Gets free kicks awarded against him a lot when he does nothing wrong, a reputation he has probably earned over the years but is hard for him to get rid off.

He does get penalised alot by refs unfairly Jock.....

I thought he held ball up well, had great touches and was unlucky not to get a goal..... I really don't know what else he needs to do to win some fans around.........

Judas Iscariot
29-11-2009, 06:05 PM

Were you at the game?

marinello59
29-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Nish did well yesterday, particularly in the second half. Pity the ref had a blind spot where he was concerned and judged practically every physical tussle he was involved in as a foul. More often than not it was Nish that was the victim. I also thought his 'goal' was over the line. Not that the linesman on the West stand side would have noticed. Incompetent erse.

bighairyfaeleith
29-11-2009, 07:27 PM

I thought he held ball up well, had great touches and was unlucky not to get a goal..... I really don't know what else he needs to do to win some fans around.........

Not miss two sitters would be a good start, I had 4-0 to hibs as my bet :grr:

bighairyfaeleith
29-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Were you at the game?

I was and he never played as well as everyone is making out, his performance was an improvement but that doesn't mean it was good!!

Baldy Foghorn
29-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Not miss two sitters would be a good start, I had 4-0 to hibs as my bet :grr:

Two sitters??, one was a good block by Mitchell, and the other was a great double save, although I reckon the ball was over the line.............Still don't let that stop all the Nish bashing.............

Badge
29-11-2009, 08:13 PM
I was and he never played as well as everyone is making out, his performance was an improvement but that doesn't mean it was good!!

At last. Sums it up for me.

HFC 0-7
30-11-2009, 07:55 AM

Its because of what he did on Saturday that people get on his back. He goes for so long not being able to head a ball, cant control a ball, pass and constantly falls over and gets caught offside. Against Hearts he was terrible, couldnt hold a ball up etc and people said it was because he had no support. As he showed on Saturday, you dont need help to win the ball and hold it up.

If Nish wants to get the fans back onside, he needs to put in the same performance every week for a while before fans think he has turned it around. Unfortunately, I think the next time he pulls the jersey on he will back to his old ways.

Look at Stokes, everybody was over the moon about him signing, but his performances have been poor and now people are getting fed up with him. The difference here is that everyone knows that Stokes can be a special player and will be back onside with him after a good game.

IMO, Nish is capable of being an average player and an assett to the team, however, in the hibs team he seems to play very, very badly at times and think its probably the end of the line for him at eater road. Its maybe too much pressure for him playing for the team he supports and tries to hard at times. He will probably leave for the likes of Hamilton and be a useful player.

RIP
30-11-2009, 08:59 AM
I've read through this entire thread but can't see any comments about fitness and physique.

When Colin Nish came to Hibs he wasn't fit and had no physical presence. However since the summer I've noticed he a lot quicker off the mark and not at all bad in the sprint for a big lad. He's cleraly been working hard in the gym and looks like he's put 2 to 3 inches across the chest/shoulders and is lean at the waist/hips. Tribute to Yogi and the team here!

In the muddy pitches of December to March every team needs a guy like Colin Nish. We are no different.

All we need now is for Stokes and Benji to start making fast runs in the channels to capitalise on Nish's flicks. If both these guys showed half the commitment of Colin Nish, Murray, Rankin and Wotherspoon we really would start producing the goods.

CorrieHibs
30-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Nish had a good second half. Didn't think he was MOTM but was far more affective than stokes. I think stokes should be dropped he's very lazy doesn't look interested to me. I was expecting a lot more from him as well.

HFC 0-7
30-11-2009, 10:30 AM
I've read through this entire thread but can't see any comments about fitness and physique.

When Colin Nish came to Hibs he wasn't fit and had no physical presence. However since the summer I've noticed he a lot quicker off the mark and not at all bad in the sprint for a big lad. He's cleraly been working hard in the gym and looks like he's put 2 to 3 inches across the chest/shoulders and is lean at the waist/hips. Tribute to Yogi and the team here!

In the muddy pitches of December to March every team needs a guy like Colin Nish. We are no different.

All we need now is for Stokes and Benji to start making fast runs in the channels to capitalise on Nish's flicks. If both these guys showed half the commitment of Colin Nish, Murray, Rankin and Wotherspoon we really would start producing the goods.

Nish will not be good in the muddy pitches because of his balance. Big guys normally have problems with balance but Nish's balance is particularly bad IMO and this is one of the reasons he falls over a lot. On the muddy pitches Nish will be sliding and he will fall over A LOT! I just hope Nish keeps putting in performances like he did on Saturday before the pitches get bad, but I fear that Saturdays performance is a one off. . . . Hope I am wrong though!

HFC 0-7
30-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Nish had a good second half. Didn't think he was MOTM but was far more affective than stokes. I think stokes should be dropped he's very lazy doesn't look interested to me. I was expecting a lot more from him as well.

Players like Stokes need the forward line to be close to the midfield, or, the opposition to be pushing the defence up.

Hibs dont play enough in midfield and this creates gaps between the front and midfield. Also, opposition teams no of Hibs threats so dont push up leaving no spaces in behind.

Stokes is getting frustrated with this and thats why he is looking un interested and lazy. Drop him to the bench for a few games, give him the kick up the erse and then see how he reacts!