PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray

Zitelli
27-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Alright lads, pretty new on the board so this might have already been discussed, but does anyone know what the story is with Ian Murray's contract? I'm sure I read it expires at the end of the season but not heard anything from the club regarding a new one?

Seen that Aberdeen recently got a few of their boys signed up and St Johnstone got Jody Morris on a new deal. Thought we might have heard something?

Cheers

:notworthy:

hfc rd
27-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Really need to sign Murray up on a long term deal. Very versatile, always gives 120%, very consistent and hardly puts a foot wrong and also a big Hibs fan aswell :wink:.

Sloppy
27-11-2009, 09:46 PM
cant see him doing the dirty on us IMO

ano hibby
27-11-2009, 10:00 PM

Heart and soul of the team

down-the-slope
27-11-2009, 10:08 PM
might have been resigned on terms that are now not sustainable?

sleeping giant
27-11-2009, 10:09 PM

:faf:

Money talks !

FraserHFC
27-11-2009, 10:17 PM
might have been resigned on terms that are now not sustainable?

Whats changed that would make them unsustainable ?

Hibercelona
27-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Ian Murray would be a huge loss. :boo hoo:

New contract pronto. :agree:

Sloppy
27-11-2009, 10:21 PM
:faf:

Money talks !
him and riordan have been to clubs and it hasnt worked out, they are both hibbies and so i see them ending their carreer at ER

sleeping giant
27-11-2009, 10:59 PM
him and riordan have been to clubs and it hasnt worked out, they are both hibbies and so i see them ending their carreer at ER

I hope so:agree:

We'll see :cool2:

soupy
28-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Im sure i read or heard John Hughes saying he wanted Murray to stay at Hibs for the rest of his career, so i wonder if talks have already been going on.....Hope so....:greengrin

Hibs07p
28-11-2009, 05:30 AM
Alright lads, pretty new on the board so this might have already been discussed, but does anyone know what the story is with Ian Murray's contract? I'm sure I read it expires at the end of the season but not heard anything from the club regarding a new one?

Seen that Aberdeen recently got a few of their boys signed up and St Johnstone got Jody Morris on a new deal. Thought we might have heard something?

Cheers

:notworthy:

Is that you Ian? :greengrin

.Sean.
28-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Murray is a must for a new contract. Versatile and never gives anything less than 10%.
And Although he did the dirty on us before, I feel he should be made Captain.

Sloppy
28-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Murray is a must for a new contract. Versatile and never gives anything less than 10%.
but unfortunately 11% isnt good enough :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
28-11-2009, 09:20 AM

I'd be ****ing annoyed if he did :greengrin

IWasThere2016
28-11-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm sure talks have started with IM

SneakersO'Toole
28-11-2009, 05:00 PM
IMO, Ian Murray is at the stage in his career where I doubt he would he would be able to get a move bigger than Hibs.

He is clearly enjoying his football just now and and I feel he would be happy to extend his contract at Hibs.

I personally can't see any other outcome other than IM staying at Hibs beyond this season.

Ed De Gramo
28-11-2009, 08:25 PM

Agreed

He's been down that road and has seen his career dwindle...

Irish_Steve
28-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Some cracking tackles together, although he was on the end of a brutal one today - thought it could`ve been a straight red

Si_17
28-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Some cracking tackles together, although he was on the end of a brutal one today - thought it could`ve been a straight red

No could about it, it should have been.

CropleyWasGod
28-11-2009, 08:30 PM

More likely to give 10% than the 120% that was touted earlier... :greengrin

Westie1875
28-11-2009, 08:32 PM

Was anyone surprised when he got retribution? :greengrin I was waiting for it and he did not disappoint. Would have been in trouble if the ref had seen it though.

FraserHFC
28-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Was anyone surprised when he got retribution? :greengrin I was waiting for it and he did not disappoint. Would have been in trouble if the ref had seen it though.

Was that the sly kick when they were both going to ground a few minutes later ? :greengrin If so, it didn't look nearly hard enough :greengrin

Westie1875
28-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Was that the sly kick when they were both going to ground a few minutes later ? :greengrin If so, it didn't look nearly hard enough :greengrin

Thats the one I meant yes, he did get him again later for good measure and got booked for it.

FraserHFC
28-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Thats the one I meant yes, he did get him again later for good measure and got booked for it.

Didn't get him hard enough that time either :greengrin

silverhibee
29-11-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm sure talks have started with IM

But not going well is what i am hearing TQM.

Westie1875
29-11-2009, 09:51 AM

Not good news, we better not lose him again so soon after getting him back. Money the problem I assume?

HibbyAndy
29-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Ian Murray is a class act for Hibs, his presence is vital.

Cant lose him again please Rod.:bitchy:

Love the Green
29-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Ian is agreat aaset to the team and is playing well just what we need..BUT...surely after what he did moving to huns after being out injured and getting a wages form us..then we sign him again and give him the platoform to restart his career...HE should be knocking on RP's door and begging to extend his contract with the minimum of fuss....come on Ian you owe us.

"keep the faith"

marinello59
29-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Ian is agreat aaset to the team and is playing well just what we need..BUT...surely after what he did moving to huns after being out injured and getting a wages form us..then we sign him again and give him the platoform to restart his career...HE should be knocking on RP's door and begging to extend his contract with the minimum of fuss....come on Ian you owe us.
"keep the faith"

No..it's up to the club to offer him what they think he is worth within the existing wage structure. If that isn't enough for the player then he will move on. He OWES us nothing, he is a pro football player. Hope something can be sorted though.

Judas Iscariot
29-11-2009, 06:12 PM

:boo hoo:

Scotthibs1875
29-11-2009, 07:32 PM
He went and booted that macdonald up that arse before his booking but the ref didn't see it. What a suprise!

marinello59
29-11-2009, 07:48 PM
He went and booted that macdonald up that arse before his booking but the ref didn't see it. What a suprise!
To be fair the ref would have been hard pressed to see it. The linesman should have but I reckon Murray could have driven over the guy in a Chieftain tank, reversed off him and then shot him and that linesman would have been unsure whether to raise his flag or not.
At the time I thought it was pretty funny in a Father Ted 'kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse ' style. Even better given that Macdonald didn't react. I could just imagine him waking up this morning and going.........."That ******* did kick me up the arse":greengrin
Stupid really though, it would have been a straight red if it had been seen. Most unlike Murray.

hibs0666
29-11-2009, 08:29 PM

Murray had already toe-booted the boy up the hole before that. :thumbsup:

Sas_The_Hibby
29-11-2009, 09:49 PM
I could definitely see Murray going to Aberdeen. McGhee seems to be a big fan of his. :wink:

monktonharp
29-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Ian is the most important player on the books,IMHO. he is,as someone posted earlier this week,the new Eric Scaedler.he is so important to the whole team that we need to sign him to the end of his playing career. this may seem a bit of an over reaction about one player, but I think he is a vital part of the whole setup and immediate future of Hibernian.would anyone here be less than unhappy to see him playing the rest of his days elsewhere?

libernian
30-11-2009, 12:01 AM
bawbag, but a good player

monktonharp
30-11-2009, 12:19 AM
bawbag, but a good playeraw aye ,he's a bawbag right enough.:yawn:

1two
30-11-2009, 02:33 PM
bawbag, but a good player
Behave yerself!

aw aye ,he's a bawbag right enough.:yawn:

Who's that in your avatar Monkton?
Surely not your 56 year old self?:wink:

JimBHibees
30-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Anyone know if Ian will be fit for Saturday, he looked to be struggling after that red card tackle that was allowed on him. Looked a possible shoulder or collar bone problem.

silverhibee
30-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Ian is the most important player on the books,IMHO. he is,as someone posted earlier this week,the new Eric Scaedler.he is so important to the whole team that we need to sign him to the end of his playing career. this may seem a bit of an over reaction about one player, but I think he is a vital part of the whole setup and immediate future of Hibernian.would anyone here be less than unhappy to see him playing the rest of his days elsewhere?

Ian Murray is Mr Reliable at Hibs, will give his all for the team, as shown at the weekend.
In four weeks time IM will be allowed to talk to other clubs and if Hibs dont get something sorted with him soon then that could be the case, i am led to believe that IM would be more than happy to sign an extension to his contract at Hibs, but Hibs need to get round the table with him and get something sorted soon.

Toaods
30-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Ian Murray is Mr Reliable at Hibs, will give his all for the team, as shown at the weekend.
In four weeks time IM will be allowed to talk to other clubs and if Hibs dont get something sorted with him soon then that could be the case, i am led to believe that IM would be more than happy to sign an extension to his contract at Hibs, but Hibs need to get round the table with him and get something sorted soon.

Played well v Falkirk but not sure we should be offering crazy money. No problem on decent money though.

matty_f
30-11-2009, 04:54 PM
It would be criminal if we let Murray go, IMHO. I can't think that he'd be looking for more than Hibs can afford, in which case once negotiations open I'd hope it would be a formality. :pray:

IWasThere2016
30-11-2009, 06:40 PM

:agree: Certainly some way to go ..

Silver - Hibs know fine how much in wages IM dropped to come back. Given his performances, his value to the team, his versatility and that there was and will be no fee, Hibs need to up their offer.

Hibs Spain
30-11-2009, 06:42 PM
cant see him doing the dirty on us IMONot twice in a row anyway :agree:

Westie1875
30-11-2009, 06:48 PM
:agree: Certainly some way to go ..

Silver - Hibs know fine how much in wages IM dropped to come back. Given his performances, his value to the team, his versatility and that there was and will be no fee, Hibs need to up their offer.

Whatever Stokes is getting IM should be at least level (if not more) as he is more important to the team.

HibbyAndy
30-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Whatever Stokes is getting IM should be at least level (if not more) as he is more important to the team.

Agreed.

MontrealHibs
30-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Agreed.

While not doubting Murray is a key player for us, I feel offering big money would be a mistake.

Whatever Stokes is getting is likely to be a mistake given recent performances... should we follow up it by paying over the odds for a utility player who has no resale value?

Captain Trips
01-12-2009, 10:53 AM
I dont think we are letting Ian Murray go, If we offer him a deal and he refuses then that is him choosing to leave, I would say he should be kept on for a good wage along with Deeks.

There is resale value and there is on the park value both these guys are on the park value and need kept.

hfc rd
01-12-2009, 05:24 PM
I could definitely see Murray going to Aberdeen. McGhee seems to be a big fan of his. :wink:

I don't think so. And I doubt Murray would do such a thing. Look at the comments Gary McDonald said about him after the game for that perfect challenge on Fraser Fyvie when he won the ball very cleanly. And I also doubt the sheep would welcome him for the same reason as that p**** Mcdonald.

.Sean.
01-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Ian Murray will re-sign.

Bloody well hope so anyway :greengrin

PaulSmith
01-12-2009, 07:15 PM

Aye, cause Aberdeen are rolling in it right enough :faf:

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2009, 10:13 PM
he prob will sign because were the best team in the world :agree:
does he not have arthritis so might fail a fitnes test if he leaves but no sure if he still has it