PDA

View Full Version : Who would win in a fight?

hibeesteve
27-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Nade vs Bamba? no weapons or anything, purely "man" power

RoslinInstHibby
27-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Bamba, easily lol:agree:

Jamesie
27-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Yogi v Craig Levein?

matty_f
27-11-2009, 12:47 PM

Depends if biting is allowed. If it is, Nade any day of the week. He'd just eat Bamba.

Baw187
27-11-2009, 12:52 PM
To be honest, given Babma's size and the way he charges about, when he's been hit or got a wee bit of a knock, he's been a bit of a pussy about it.

I get the impression that Bamba runs about like a warrior but would start greeting if someone gave him a slap.

Nade - keek footballer, but looks a bit of a brawler.

Baw187
27-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Yogi v Craig Levein?

Yogi

I'd fancy Yogi up against our entire team.

GB6
27-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Clum v McCormack? :devil:

--------
27-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Clum v McCormack? :devil:

We know the result of that one. :devil:

Clum against wee Lewis?

Lewis every time. :faf:

vein
27-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Yogi v Craig Levein?

Yogi

I'd fancy Yogi up against our entire team.

Levein doesnt look like a hard man but remember him decking Graham Hogg quite a few years back. Still think Yogi would win tho :greengrin

--------
27-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Levein doesnt look like a hard man but remember him decking Graham Hogg quite a few years back. Still think Yogi would win tho :greengrin

Oh he does. Don't let the glasses fool you.

IIRC when he was at Tynie some of the players were caught out on the golf course when they should have been at training or resting after training (whatever - he wasnae happy) and he made them bring their golf clubs in to Tynie and had them running up and down the stairs in the Wheatfield with the golf bags and clubs on their backs.

Harry has all the makings of a serious thug. :devil:

sambajustice
27-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Yogi would just call in the YLT if things started going against him a bit... :devil:

What about Stack-alamby having a square go with Mikey Stewart?

Infact, **** it, what if Hibs 1st XI had a pagger with Hertz first XI (managers included) in the centre circle, which team would come up trumps?

Would be a bit like Rollerball, folk just taking each other out randomly!!! :greengrin

Mon Dieu4
27-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Yogi would just call in the YLT if things started going against him a bit... :devil:

Infact, **** it, what if Hibs 1st XI had a pagger with Hertz first XI (managers included) in the centre circle, which team would come up trumps?

Would be a bit like Rollerball, folk just taking each other out randomly!!! :greengrin

Zemmama would be last man standing :agree:

HFC 0-7
27-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Petrie V Romanov?

Baw187
27-11-2009, 01:44 PM

Zouma should just do a runner.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-11-2009, 01:46 PM

No nine extra men, and a forklift truck? 3,500 Hibees at Tynecastle were commenting that even this would not be enough.

Baader
27-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Nade can't hit most things he aims for - with the exception of Greggs on Gorgie Road - so La Bamba all the way!

CorrieHibs
27-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Yogi v Craig Levein?

Yogi anyday. Good fight though i think levein would give as good as he would get.

CorrieHibs
27-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Bamba, easily lol:agree:

Nade would be winning then Stack would jump in and kick **** oot of nade.:greengrin

Hakim Sar
27-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Nade would do him any day of the week, built like a pitbull and a neck the same size as an average mans waistline.

John Collins vs mikey world cup Stewart?

The 6 pack versus the Ginger be-freckled one

aberhibsfc
27-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Petrie V Romanov?

Despite KGB training, Romanov would launch a frontal assault only to be tired out by Petrie's tache. Petrie would then kick him in the roubles and he'd go down like a Hearts 2009/2010 team.

Mag7
27-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Deeks v Casper?

superfurryhibby
27-11-2009, 04:29 PM

Bamba would stay on his toes and tire Nade out before delivering the finishing blow.

Levein was absolutely lethal against Hogg and looked to pack a mean punch. I remenber that he indulged in a wee bit of late night fisticuffs outside the Jackie O's nighclub in Kirkcaldy as well. That one made the papers although it may not have been a result for the specky one.

Regardless, Yogi would take them all, probably at one sitting. As a teenager I remember he was a giant of a boy and had a reputation in Leith for being unstoppable. A hard, hard laddie. In fact I would award Yogi the hardest footballer in history award if such a thing existed!

--------
27-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Deeks v Casper?

Why would Deek and Casper fight?

They're best mates.

Now Casper v. Clum..... :devil:

--------
27-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Bamba would stay on his toes and tire Nade out before delivering the finishing blow.

Levein was absolutely lethal against Hogg and looked to pack a mean punch. I remenber that he indulged in a wee bit of late night fisticuffs outside the Jackie O's nighclub in Kirkcaldy as well. That one made the papers although it may not have been a result for the specky one.

Regardless, Yogi would take them all, probably at one sitting. As a teenager I remember he was a giant of a boy and had a reputation in Leith for being unstoppable. A hard, hard laddie. In fact I would award Yogi the hardest footballer in history award if such a thing existed!

Hm. BBJ? :cool2:

silverhibee
27-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Yogi Vs Bamba. :greengrin

silverhibee
27-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Yogi Vs Moutinho.:greengrin
A wee qoute from Pedro Moutinho in the Record today. He said, i had a unique relationship with John, one minute were loving each other, the next we're fighting.
Does Yogi just fight with players if they are not pulling there weight at training.:rolleyes: :greengrin

chrisski33
27-11-2009, 07:50 PM
great thread! What about vinnie jones v yogi?

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 08:09 PM

I recall browsing a crappy mag like Shoot, many moons ago, where Yogi publicly called Vinnie Jones a...well, you can guess. Jones refused to take the bait. Perhaps wise as Yogi was with Swansea and had just decimated one of the local hardmen.

I also heard that the hardest footballer at the time was Billy Whitehurst of Sheffield United, who was injured when Jones came into his club. Jones, trying to make his presence felt, badmouthed Whitehurst in the dressing room in his absence. On hearing of this, Whitehurst reputedly drove down to Hertfordshire while Vin was having Sunday lunch with Tanya and the kids and challenged him to a square go. Needless to say, lots of backtracking and apologies by Jones. Allegedly.

Perhaps the Sheffield Hibs contingent might confirm this persistent story?

Killiehibbie
27-11-2009, 08:52 PM

No contest Jones liked to act the hardman. Different matter when it comes to being one. As for Levein Yogis threw harder out of the way to get into a battle.

Hibercelona
27-11-2009, 08:55 PM

Would this be sumo wrestling?

In that case. I'm afraid Nade would win that battle.

He is the "bigger" one of the 2 and he's better at staying in the circle.

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Vlad vs Roman?

Tyson vs Gary MacKay? (We can dream)

sambajustice
27-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Are there any stories to back up the hardness of our manager or is it all just based on the fact he looks and sounds like a bam?

Killiehibbie
27-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Are there any stories to back up the hardness of our manager or is it all just based on the fact he looks and sounds like a bam?

Before he went Senior with Berwick weekends were legendary.

hibsdownunder
28-11-2009, 04:13 AM
IIRC we were chased one night by Mr Yogi, would have been around 30 plus years ago, words exchanged around the local ice cream shop (bad mistake on our part, may have been our turf but we were never going to cut it - pardon the pun) - probably still running well after the man himself would have finished his ice cream.

He had a very distinctive running style, reminded me of a cross between a pit bull and a tank lol..............wouldn't have been laughing if he caught us :dizzy:

yekimevol
28-11-2009, 09:33 AM
sol simple nade has no muscles he's just fat:agree:

stu in nottingham
28-11-2009, 09:55 AM

Hm. BBJ? :cool2:

BBJ would eat him!

KeithTheHibby
28-11-2009, 06:43 PM

It's a no contest, Nade would eat Bamba.

Downsloper
28-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Yogi v Makalamby - they're building up to it...

--------
28-11-2009, 08:38 PM
BBJ would eat him!

Thank you, Stu.

These toddlers have no sense of the historical perspective on Hibee hard men and bams.

Now one bout I WOULD like to have witnessed would have been BBJ vs. one Kenneth Burns, late of Nottingham Forest - the man Brian Clough said was 'the ugliest player I ever signed'.....

GC
28-11-2009, 08:49 PM
sol simple nade has no muscles he's just fat:agree:

No he's no.

As much as it's quality to take the piss out of him and for a footballer he is not fit enough or agile enough he is a beast of a man.

He lands a punch and I swear you are going to feel it when you wake up.