PDA

View Full Version : Blobby in Uganda road crash horror....

--------
27-11-2009, 11:23 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Miracle-escape-for-exHibs-boss.5863987.jp

I have to confess that my first unworthy thought when I saw the headline was "I wonder was he driving a car at the time?"

My second thought was "How's the lorry?"

Then my better nature kicked in and I read the article - it looks as if the Blobster's had a very narrow escape. A near miss for him with the old Grim Reaper there....

Best wishes on a speedy recovery, Mr W.

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 11:41 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Miracle-escape-for-exHibs-boss.5863987.jp

I have to confess that my first unworthy thought when I saw the headline was "I wonder was he driving a car at the time?"

My second thought was "How's the lorry?"

Then my better nature kicked in and I read the article - it looks as if the Blobster's had a very narrow escape. A near miss for him with the old Grim Reaper there....

Best wishes on a speedy recovery, Mr W.

Mr Williamson added: "Apart from neck pains, I am in good health. I was able to return to work the next day and take the Ugandan team for some training drills. My car is a write-off, though."

We all get them, Bobby, mostly accrued through watching the ball in air during your tenure as manager at ER.

Seriously, although I didn't like BW as a Hibs manager, I met him on a couple of occasions and as a human being he's a class act. Delighted he wasn't hurt in the accident.

Bayern Bru
27-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Whether one liked him or loathed him doesn't come into play here.

Thankfully he's okay, and I hope you're back to your affable best soon Bobby.

--------
27-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Mr Williamson added: "Apart from neck pains, I am in good health. I was able to return to work the next day and take the Ugandan team for some training drills. My car is a write-off, though."

We all get them, Bobby, mostly accrued through watching the ball in air during your tenure as manager at ER.

Seriously, although I didn't like BW as a Hibs manager, I met him on a couple of occasions and as a human being he's a class act. Delighted he wasn't hurt in the accident.

I HAD wondered if he'd been sitting too close to the screen at the local Cineworld - that can do it, too. :agree:

BUT - as you say, I'm just relieved he wasn't seriously injured - got a soft spot for old Blobby.

hibee_boy
27-11-2009, 02:03 PM
i spent some time in Uganda and had a few near misses on the roads. Horrific driving there. Hardly any cars have lights and overtaking on blind corners is the norm.

On the plus side, whilst I was there I went to the national stadium. They wouldnt let me in, so I had to go and speak with the manager....a certain Csaba Lazlo....I was in my full Hibs kit at the time!

Hakim Sar
27-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Fun bobby had a history of it. Was banned for being caught doing 140 on m8 a few years back

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Do you think that he was shunted from the rear and then asked to officially condemn it? Or am I getting my Blobby threads mixed up.....

Just Jimmy
27-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Fun bobby had a history of it. Was banned for being caught doing 140 on m8 a few years back

then ask the police women if she knew who he was? and made a comment about women in the police?

'Mon the Hibs
27-11-2009, 06:54 PM
News just come in that Tiger Woods has been in a car crash too!!!

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2255594#post2255594

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Whether one liked him or loathed him doesn't come into play here.

Thankfully he's okay, and I hope you're back to your affable best soon Bobby.

Disagree completely. If he was an absolute *ucking *unt I for one would never have even bothered posting on this matter.

He isn't, so nice one Blobby!

Jamesie
27-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I met him on a couple of occasions and as a human being he's a class act.

Ever since he chased me round Edinburgh Academy playing fields for having the audacity to take photos at a bounce game v Stirling Albion with a crappy £100 digital camera I've always thought he was a bit of a ****.

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Ever since he chased me round Edinburgh Academy playing fields for having the audacity to take photos at a bounce game v Stirling Albion with a crappy £100 digital camera I've always thought he was a bit of a ****.

Wow. You must have been provocative, waving Orange cinema tickets in the air?

Irish_Steve
27-11-2009, 08:36 PM
i spent some time in Uganda and had a few near misses on the roads. Horrific driving there. Hardly any cars have lights and overtaking on blind corners is the norm.

On the plus side, whilst I was there I went to the national stadium. They wouldnt let me in, so I had to go and speak with the manager....a certain Csaba Lazlo....I was in my full Hibs kit at the time!

But he wasnae the Hertz manager then so probably wouldn`t have notice - might have even liked the green strip!

Hibercelona
28-11-2009, 01:04 AM
A narrow escape... :hmmm:

Perhaps he could turn this real life event into an action thriller... then we could enjoy it at the cinema. :wink:

Nah... I'm glad he's ok. :agree:

bighairyfaeleith
28-11-2009, 08:44 AM
News just come in that Tiger Woods has been in a car crash too!!!

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2255594#post2255594

do you think the stories might be linked??:worms: