PDA

View Full Version : Collin Samuel

HFC 0-7
27-11-2009, 10:28 AM
There is a lot of talk about hibs maybe going for Kevin Kyle, but maybe we should be having a look at Colin Samuel.

Colin is good in the air, powerful and good in the air. IMO pace, and ability in the air is something hibs are missing up front.

St Johnstone have been scoring a lot of goals this season and Colin Samuel has good shooting ability. In the latest stats he gets over 60% of shots on target, which is excellent considering Riordan gets 50% on target and Kyle only 47%. I am by no means saying that Colin is better than Riordan, but think he could be a good signing.

Thoughts?

Joy Zipper
27-11-2009, 10:47 AM
He likes a goal against the Yams...............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scottish_cup/2689605.stm

Sylar
27-11-2009, 10:51 AM
There is a lot of talk about hibs maybe going for Kevin Kyle, but maybe we should be having a look at Colin Samuel.

Colin is good in the air, powerful and good in the air. IMO pace, and ability in the air is something hibs are missing up front.

St Johnstone have been scoring a lot of goals this season and Colin Samuel has good shooting ability. In the latest stats he gets over 60% of shots on target, which is excellent considering Riordan gets 50% on target and Kyle only 47%. I am by no means saying that Colin is better than Riordan, but think he could be a good signing.

Thoughts?

I think he's good in the air :wink:

.Sean.
27-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Wouldn't be a move totally out the blue, Yogi will know him well having been his Boss at Falkirk...

And as for THAT hat-trick :thumbsup:

Martin
27-11-2009, 11:10 AM

Thoughts?

I think we have enough strikers like him. Would prefer Kyle in

HFC 0-7
27-11-2009, 11:18 AM
I think we have enough strikers like him. Would prefer Kyle in

I think I know where you are coming from, and earlier in the season I would have agreed with you, however, from recent games when we have a big man up front we tend to miss out the midfield and hump the ball up field, this in fact takes deeks and stokes out as well. Hibs play best with the ball on the ground and I think that samuel is good with the ball on the ground and in the air. He has the physical side that we are missing as well. Bringing in someone like Kyle would be useful but I think he isnt the quickest or brilliant on the ground. Best with an all rounder that fills the gaps we are missing just now, in pace, strength and ability in the air.

Andy74
27-11-2009, 11:35 AM
No better or different from what we have.

Green Mikey
27-11-2009, 11:53 AM

Samuel is worse that what we have.

Never delivered consistently in the SPL and has spent alot of time in the 1st Division...a decent player but not Hibs class:greengrin

Tyler Durden
27-11-2009, 12:05 PM
I thought the same thing about Jason Scotland and look at him now.

GreenPJ
27-11-2009, 12:26 PM

He is completely different to what we have. He has acceleration and pace. None of our strikers have exceptionally good acceleration and all are relatively moved off the ball (Stokes is probably the best but even he is lightweight in comparison to Samuel).

I would still prefer Kyle but don't think he would be a bad addition although as someone has pointed out he has never really consistently done it.

PatHead
27-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Must admit I was disappointed in Kyle at recent game. He didn't kick a ball in the second half. If we moved Nish on and needed a big centre fair enough but I wouldn't add him to the squad for the sake of it. Hopefully Benji will flourish again now Zemamma is back as they always play better together.

ahibby
27-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Might be a decent replacement for Benji if and when?

Judas Iscariot
27-11-2009, 06:18 PM

Thoughts?

What's his aerial ability like though :confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-11-2009, 08:00 PM

Thoughts?

I think that we have more than enough attacking players unless the eventual outcome is for us to line up as Stack and ten forwards. :dunno:

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 08:10 PM
I think that we have more than enough attacking players unless the eventual outcome is for us to line up as Stack and ten forwards. :dunno:

Same old negative stuff. Do we really need a keeper?

vahibbie
27-11-2009, 08:23 PM

It's in the rules:wink:

He can go up in attack when we have the ball tho:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-11-2009, 08:28 PM

That reminds me of playing shootie-in when we were kids. No one wanted to take a turn between the posts, so we played runny goalies so that you could still be involved and get up the park like a keeper in a team at 0-1 going up for a corner at the death. I am sure that Yogi will be getting Stacky to do that from the off.:thumbsup:

heidtheba
27-11-2009, 08:34 PM
That reminds me of playing shootie-in when we were kids. No one wanted to take a turn between the posts, so we played runny goalies so that you could still be involved and get up the park like a keeper in a team at 0-1 going up for a corner at the death. I am sure that Yogi will be getting Stacky to do that from the off.:thumbsup:

aye we called that 'goalie esses' - on that note can anyone enlighten me what the esses or ssssss was? I've never had a scooby about that but there again I had the footie skills of a one legged penguin so was too busy being shouted at for being cr*(p

Hibercelona
27-11-2009, 08:40 PM
St Johnstone have some great men going forward.

The only thing letting them down is their defence.

If they could tighten up a loose defence, I could see them finishing in the top 6.

tooley
27-11-2009, 08:55 PM

Thoughts?

Hmmmmmm:hmmm:Just what we need a STRIKER!:devil:

hfc rd
27-11-2009, 09:51 PM
A very decent shout. But I think Yogi wants to improve the defence first by maybe signing a Right Back and Centre Back and maybe sign an attacking midfielder and striker at the end of the season if Benji & Zouma leave. But I wouldn't mind having Samuel even though he might become a bit part player for us and usually might make more appearances from the bench than the start. Also there may be a few more options available rather than Samuel. Killen? Velicka? Porter? (don't know if he has made any appearances for Derby County this season).