PDA

View Full Version : The Rocky Mountains, Marie Curie and Hibs.

Toaods
26-11-2009, 08:59 PM
What a combination...

http://www.hibs.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=810&Itemid=1:flag:

With special thanks to the :hnet: Admin for helping to gain some welcome exposure.

lyonhibs
26-11-2009, 09:08 PM
£10.00 in your coffers from moi.

A fantastic cause :agree::thumbsup:

Toaods
26-11-2009, 09:40 PM
£10.00 in your coffers from moi.

A fantastic cause :agree::thumbsup:

Thanks very much..that is great. The main drive in the article was that we will likely all be impacted in some way or another and as Marie Curie relies so heavily on raised funds, a big difference can be made, even by making a collection of smaller amounts, hence the analogy to the costs of a beer or a starter, we all have our luxuries and quite rightly so - we deserve them but how easy is it to give one a miss..!!

Thanks again Gordon will find even greater inspiration from knowing people will back his efforts to succeed.

Leithenhibby
26-11-2009, 09:43 PM
What a combination...

http://www.hibs.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=810&Itemid=1:flag:

With special thanks to the :hnet: Admin for helping to gain some welcome exposure.

Well done, Toaods+ :notworthy: beers tomorrow me thinks..:wink:

Toaods
26-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Well done, Toaods+ :notworthy: beers tomorrow me thinks..:wink:

need to be quick - the last bus back to Edinburgh is at 9.52PM...:bitchy:

Leithenhibby
26-11-2009, 09:57 PM
need to be quick - the last bus back to Edinburgh is at 9.52PM...:bitchy:

You still have the option of staying over (in the spare room :greengrin ) and I will run you home for 11 ish....not a problem.

MSK
26-11-2009, 11:43 PM

fordie2
26-11-2009, 11:45 PM
My Girlfriend is just back from the Sahara after doing the Trek for the Marie Curie Edinburgh Hospice. It was an experience she will never forget and the memories and friendship from the other trekkers will stay with her forever.

Good luck! Looks very challenging, but you will get over that finish line and it will change your life for the better!

Toaods
27-11-2009, 01:46 PM
What's the Innerleithen fund raising disco start tonight?

Cannae wait...not been to a 'disco' for ages.

...(always thought I was better than John Travolta smiley :cool2: )

Leithenhibby
27-11-2009, 02:16 PM
What's the Innerleithen fund raising disco start tonight?

Cannae wait...not been to a 'disco' for ages.

...(always thought I was better than John Travolta smiley :cool2: )

It's a 7-30 start, and a dawn finish :devil:

Union Club Innerleithen High St.

Toaods
27-11-2009, 03:24 PM
It's a 7-30 start, and a dawn finish :devil:

Union Club Innerleithen High St.

..you know me.. I'm not the type for staying out late... :fibber:

Toaods
28-11-2009, 09:04 AM
pity the last bus left so early, was almost ready to get up and make my way to the dance floor.

How much did you manage to swell the coffers by?

Leithenhibby
28-11-2009, 11:11 AM
pity the last bus left so early, was almost ready to get up and make my way to the dance floor.

How much did you manage to swell the coffers by?

It was a pity you had to go so early, but I'm sure you will make up for it today. :agree: enjoy the game.... I'm in the cheap seats :greengrin

It was a good night had by all :dizzy: and we managed to raise £753.76p

So a BIG thank you to everyone from me :notworthy: Well Done...

Toaods
29-11-2009, 12:04 PM
£750+ that's a great effort.

Early start and a late finish yesterday.

We all had a fantastic day.

Special thanks to Scott & Ken from McEwan Fraser for putting up such a terrific prize for the recent guess the crowd competition on Hibs.net.

We had Alex Totten at our table as an invited guest and he was very good company with some cracking stories and responses to the various questions we all asked.

Leithenhibby
29-11-2009, 07:23 PM
£750+ that's a great effort.

Early start and a late finish yesterday.

We all had a fantastic day.
Special thanks to Scott & Ken from McEwan Fraser for putting up such a terrific prize for the recent guess the crowd competition on Hibs.net.

We had Alex Totten at our table as an invited guest and he was very good company with some cracking stories and responses to the various questions we all asked.

Glad you had such a fun day!, (sore heid the day son :greengrin)
while I had to queue up for my pie and bovril...

Never met AT but I'm sure he has plenty tales to tell.
Nothing worse at these events when you get some wet blouse gibbering nonsense and your not on the same wavelength ...well done.

Leithenhibby
01-12-2009, 06:28 PM
I would like to thank all you guys n'gals for your donations :cool2: I do
realise that there is a long way to go and I am well aware that Santa :xtree2 is just around the corner, so well done :notworthy:

So far...:wink:

Toaods
01-12-2009, 07:01 PM
I would like to thank all you guys n'gals for your donations :cool2: I do
realise that there is a long way to go and I am well aware that Santa :xtree2 is just around the corner, so well done :notworthy:

So far...:wink:

see Schultz gave you a boost - does he post on here?

therealgavmac
02-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Just swelled your coffers by £20 mate (+ gift aid of course)

Hope it's some consolation also that my family make a donation every Christmas to the Marie Curie at Fairmile.

They looked after my Dad when he was terminally ill, and he only lasted 2 weeks in there - but I sit with a lump in my throat typing this thinking about the doctors and nurses - not only for the palliative care they gave my Dad, but for the way they looked after us as the family too.

These folks fall into the bracket of real heroes - bless them - and you for what you are doing! You're a hero too!

GGTTH

Leithenhibby
02-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Just swelled your coffers by £20 mate (+ gift aid of course)

Hope it's some consolation also that my family make a donation every Christmas to the Marie Curie at Fairmile.

They looked after my Dad when he was terminally ill, and he only lasted 2 weeks in there - but I sit with a lump in my throat typing this thinking about the doctors and nurses - not only for the palliative care they gave my Dad, but for the way they looked after us as the family too.

These folks fall into the bracket of real heroes - bless them - and you for what you are doing! You're a hero too!

GGTTH

Not so sure about me being a hero, but it has got to be said that you are a STAR..:cool2: your donation will go a long way to making a difference, as you will (and others also) know, Marie Curie is a charity and all funding does NOT come from Government funds :bitchy:

Marie Curie have to plug the shortfall them selfs, so the funds that I manage to raise will go some way to helping them run the place to a standard that the public demands :agree:

We all want the best care that money can buy.

Well done gavmac :thumbsup:

Toaods
03-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Well done gavmac :thumbsup:

Well done to everyone.....£2k barrier smashed in a week.:top marks

I'll be sticking another £33 in for 'one pint less' this Saturday again, as it soon mounts up.....:cool2:

Leithenhibby
03-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Well done to everyone.....£2k barrier smashed in a week.:top marks

I'll be sticking another £33 in for 'one pint less' this Saturday again, as it soon mounts up.....:cool2:

How many pints do you have before the game :wink:

With the Schultz question, I'm not sure if he posts on here or not. The last time I saw him was at the Killie game last Christmas.

Just got a pledge for £250.00 :rockin: So the 2K barrier is well and truly smashed....Well Done Everyone..:thumbsup: