PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Pearson...

sambajustice
26-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Where's this gadgie plying his trade these days?

Not heard about him in ages! Was getting a fairly regular game for Celtic and Scotland and just seems to have disappeared...

Was a good player at Motherwell and ok at Celtic but was probably another victim of the Celtic and Rangers plan to buy up all the prospects then let them rot.

Could do a job for us perhaps...??

Delboy4
26-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Where's this gadgie plying his trade these days?

Not heard about him in ages! Was getting a fairly regular game for Celtic and Scotland and just seems to have disappeared...

Was a good player at Motherwell and ok at Celtic but was probably another victim of the Celtic and Rangers plan to buy up all the prospects then let them rot.

Could do a job for us perhaps...??

Did he not end up at Preston North End...

Judas Iscariot
26-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Was playing for Derby at one point IIRC..

Ginger and ugly as sin..

Defo not Hibs class :agree:

Delboy4
26-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Was playing for Derby IIRC..

Ginger and ugly as sin..

I thought it was either PNE or Derby - remember seeing him in a white strip! Did Billy Davies not buy him?

Gus
26-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Was playing for Derby at one point IIRC..

Ginger and ugly as sin..

like the beers danny

Sir David Gray
26-11-2009, 12:40 PM
He still plays for Derby.

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2009, 01:14 PM
I remember him as a stand out when Well beat Hibs 2-0 at ER in the Blobby era. We had Brown and Thomson and they couldn't get near him as he tore us up time and time again.

Agree he's a casualty of Rantic policy. Wenger rated him highly the season Derby were in the premiership, but he's gone backwards since then. A clear case of a player who needs a move to kickstart his career.

heretoday
26-11-2009, 01:41 PM
A chinless wonder....

Nando™
26-11-2009, 03:15 PM
like the beers danny
In his dreams...

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Maybe in the same fix as liam miller was at the start of the season, in that he has talent, a bit of money on the hip and now needs to decide how important playing is when put up against wages. Even at Derby and in the stiffs, he will be getting a payslip that on the OF could match. Wonder if he is keeping Chris Porter company. He was another hotshot that has fallen off the radar.:hmmm:

SteveHFC
26-11-2009, 07:42 PM
We don't need him.

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2009, 07:58 PM
We don't need him.

The Steven Pearson that played on the left of Motherwells midfield would walk into this Hibs side.

SteveHFC
26-11-2009, 08:08 PM
The Steven Pearson that played on the left of Motherwells midfield would walk into this Hibs side.

I know but who would we drop out if we sign him.

Judas Iscariot
26-11-2009, 08:17 PM

John Rankin, Lewis Stevenson...

SteveHFC
26-11-2009, 08:20 PM

:agree:

jakedance
26-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Good wee player playing regularly for a big club in a good league and probably earning a very good wage. He's had a few injuries but he's started most of Derby's games this season.

Some folk seem to be saying he's a failure but he's doing alright in my book. Would be a fantastic signing for Hibs but he's out our league, I reckon.

sixtwo
26-11-2009, 08:26 PM
I have thought this boy would shine for hibs for a long time. I seen his talents when he broke through and thought if we could get in there sharpish, we would have a future star. I thought the same about clarkson.

If we signed both of them and got rid of nish, benji, rankin, and thicot we'd be a better team and it would not break the bank

jodjam
26-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I remember him as a stand out when Well beat Hibs 2-0 at ER in the Blobby era. We had Brown and Thomson and they couldn't get near him as he tore us up time and time again.

Agree he's a casualty of Rantic policy. Wenger rated him highly the season Derby were in the premiership, but he's gone backwards since then. A clear case of a player who needs a move to kickstart his career.

my lad was mascot that day. Met him after the game and he was a nice bloke

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2009, 08:32 PM

Benji or Stokes, and push Riordan further forward.

ancient hibee
26-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Wonder why he never appeared for Burley-just about everybody else down south was named.

hfc rd
26-11-2009, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't take him. We have better players already at the club than him.

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2009, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't take him. We have better players already at the club than him.

Now i have no idea how he is playing at this moment, but if he was anything like as good as his motherwell days, who would you say was better at Hibs, who plays in his position?

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2009, 09:36 PM
We could do with a midfielder who can sniff out a goal or two.

Pedantic_Hibee
26-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Great signing, brilliant role model too :thumbsup::wink:

hfc rd
26-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Now i have no idea how he is playing at this moment, but if he was anything like as good as his motherwell days, who would you say was better at Hibs, who plays in his position?

Gailbraith - From what I have seen from this young lad he has the potential to be a great hibs player and deserves a start.

Currie - Despite being a CM, I remember watching him play left mid for the under 19's last season against Celtic at Lennoxtown and he was absoulately brilliant. Working up and done that left wing with energy and commitment. Another young lad who has the potential to be a great hibs player. And can also strike a football really well with that left foot of his.

Stevenson - Able to play left mid. Might not have a lot of pace but someone who would give you 100% grit and determinaton.

All of these guys are still under 21 and are still learnig but I have no problem that they will turn out to be good football players.

sixtwo
26-11-2009, 09:46 PM

Zemmama and Millar both can play that position and arguably are better players. Having said that I'd be delighted if we got him. Both players i mentioned will move on soon, and he would be around for another couple of years. He has the drive and can make the penetrating runs that can hurt teams! A midfield 5 of Zemmama, Bamba, Miller,Pearson and wotherspoon would be fantastic!:notworthy:

3 at the back and stokes and deeks up front!

3 at the back would include Murray, Hogg or (barr or a.n other centre half)Caddis (if we were bold enough to get him)

That team is within budget and reallistically would be a team that could beat anyone iin Scotland regularly!

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Gailbraith - From what I have seen from this young lad he has the potential to be a great hibs player and deserves a start.

Currie - Despite being a CM, I remember watching him play left mid for the under 19's last season against Celtic at Lennoxtown and he was absoulately brilliant. Working up and done that left wing with energy and commitment. Another young lad who has the potential to be a great hibs player. And can also strike a football really well with that left foot of his.

Stevenson - Able to play left mid. Might not have a lot of pace but someone who would give you 100% grit and determinaton.

All of these guys are still under 21 and are still learnig but I have no problem that they will turn out to be good football players.

I said better, not potential. Stevenson, never in a million years. Galbraith, cant get a game, Currie, no idea about him, but if he was as good as Pearson was, he'd be in the 1st team now.

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Zemmama and Millar both can play that position and arguably are better players. Having said that I'd be delighted if we got him.

Mller and Zemamma are good players, although i'd like to see Pearson play with them. Along with McBride, that would be a fine midfield 4.

greenlex
26-11-2009, 11:40 PM
The laddie's a zoomer. He wears a Charlie Gloverall in the Summer FFS.

cockneymike
27-11-2009, 06:58 AM
There is no chance we could get him, he's played 12 games this season for derby, starting 9. First team player at a championship club, he'll be getting £15k+ a week, no way we could offer him anything like that. Good player though, but a bit of a sick note over the years.

http://www.football.co.uk/derby_county/players/stephen_pearson_58583.shtml

KWJ
27-11-2009, 07:26 AM
If he had the money to splash to get Pearson I'd be pissed off we aren't spending it on a centre half or right back tbh.

dirtydirk
27-11-2009, 07:38 AM
I think people are getting carried away a bit after the miller signing Etc. Pearson is an established championship player who in scottish footballs current state would walk in to any team in the league. Yeah we have miller and zemamma who are both great players but the reality of the matter is- if they were that good they wouldnt be playing at hibs they would be playing for a big championship club or in the epl.

Danderhall Hibs
27-11-2009, 11:51 AM
We don't need him.

:agree:

You must be the easiest person in the world to argue with. You went from not needing him to agreeing we do in the space of 3 posts.

Baw187
27-11-2009, 02:16 PM
You must be the easiest person in the world to argue with. You went from not needing him to agreeing we do in the space of 3 posts.

:tee hee: