PDA

View Full Version : Urgent ***New Swipe Cards - Questions & Answers

Mikey
26-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Following a thread on the Private Members board we asked the club the following questions about the new swipe cards.......

Q - Is the cup top up included in the card?

A - Yes – automatically loaded with Cup games if you have purchased the Top up.

Q - What happens if you lose the card or it's damaged?

A - Notify the Ticket office, they will cancel that card and provide you with a new one. Replacement cards will be charged at £5.

Q - When can 1/2 season ticket holders pick theirs up?

A - They will be posted out w/c 7th December

Q - Is there a contingency plan if the system goes down at 2:45?

A - Yes. We have 3 Ticketmaster technicians on site on Saturday (and for the next 5 home games), who will troubleshoot any issues alongside the Ticket Office staff and implement any contingency plans as appropriate. We have undertaken (and will continue to undertake) significant system testing for the past few weeks and the system is working very well.

Q - Do we get a new card each year?

A - No. The cards are designed to last up to 3 years.

Q - Does the card record loyalty points? If not, will it do so in the future?

A - Not at present although this is the next stage / generation once this system is bedded in.

Q - Some people still haven't received theirs. What should they do if they don't have them by Saturday?

A - They should not wait until Saturday and should contact the Ticket Office immediately – we can cancel their card and provide them with a new one.

Other points:

Remember it is only the West Stand that is live on Saturday. North, South and East Season Ticket Members should use their books as normal until next week versus Motherwell when the whole stadium will go live.

Although the Club has been driving the message out about the new cards via Club, local, national media; by email and by letter direct to all ST Members, we expect a very busy ticket office on Saturday with card issues, ticket pick ups and Hibs Kids and would therefore recommend all supporters get to the stadium as early as possible. Your patience and cooperation is much appreciated.

M8UDB
26-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Still dosnt tell me whether i can still use my sisters season ticket when she cant go??? What are the folk on the gates going to say if i scan the card and a girls name comes up :dunno:

marinello59
26-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Still dosnt tell me whether i can still use my sisters season ticket when she cant go??? What are the folk on the gates going to say if i scan the card and a girls name comes up :dunno:

Buy yer own ticket?:dunno:

:greengrin

TamHibs
26-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Good point. My son can't go to every home game coz sometimes he goes to his mums so i usually let my dad use it if he isn't working.

M8UDB
26-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Buy yer own ticket?:dunno:

I've got my own but my old man hasnt and when my sister cant go (which is quite a lot) either me or him take her ticket, just wondering if this will still be ok to do :dunno:

PaulSmith
26-11-2009, 10:54 AM
I've got my own but my old man hasnt and when my sister cant go (which is quite a lot) either me or him take her ticket, just wondering if this will still be ok to do :dunno:

Season ticket books have never been transferable IIRC, therefore if your 'caught' using someone elses then the club could theoritically refuse to allow you access

Nakedmanoncrack
26-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Season ticket books have never been transferable IIRC, therefore if your 'caught' using someone elses then the club could theoritically refuse to allow you access

Correct, though everybody does it.

Sir David Gray
26-11-2009, 10:58 AM

I don't think it's ever been ok to do. Even although I'm quite sure a lot of people do it, as far as I'm aware, season tickets have always been non-transferable.

To answer your question though, I think it will be harder to gain access to the ground by using someone of the opposite sex's card, than it was when we were using the books.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-11-2009, 11:00 AM
To answer your question though, I think it will be harder to gain access to the ground by using someone of the opposite sex's card, than it was when we were using the books.

Or by using a child's season ticket, something that is far from unheard of.:agree:

James Connolly
26-11-2009, 11:05 AM

Can't see it myself; surely the card reader will only read the barcode and will not be able to identify gender or age of cardholder. :confused:

Hibee_Craig7062
26-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Can't see it myself; surely the card reader will only read the barcode and will not be able to identify gender or age of cardholder. :confused:

:agree:

Thats the way i see it aswell. Arent these things being brought in to help hibs not have staff on the turnstiles and therefore save money on that??

fife hfc
26-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Or by using a child's season ticket, something that is far from unheard of.:agree:

Gave my season ticket way for the sheep game and then found out i could go. Went to pay in and was offered a concessions ticket to get in and duly did. The boy on the gate did not even bat an eyelid. So I expect it will not matter as long as a card is being used.

Sir David Gray
26-11-2009, 11:15 AM

I think it will be fairly easy for them to determine the gender of the cardholder since it says "Mr X", "Mrs Y" etc. right next to the barcode.

It might be a bit more difficult to determine the age of cardholders, but I would still expect the scanner to tell the turnstyle operator whether the cardholder is an adult or a concession.

Hibee_Craig7062
26-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I think it will be fairly easy for them to determine the gender of the cardholder since it says "Mr X", "Mrs Y" etc. right next to the barcode.

It might be a bit more difficult to determine the age of cardholders, but I would still expect the scanner to tell the turnstyle operator whether the cardholder is an adult or a concession.

Allowing for the initial bedding in period apart, the whole point to this is that there will be no turnstile operator :grr:

Danderhall Hibs
26-11-2009, 11:19 AM

What if you're transgender? What would they do then?

I think this we need to know all of this before this system is put in place.

steve75
26-11-2009, 11:21 AM
I have used these ticketmaster machines. The steward will take the card scan it without reading it, and either a big cross or tick will appear on the screen, at which point you will be let in or told to bog off to the very busy ticket office.

lumbo_hfc
26-11-2009, 11:22 AM

The whole point in these cards is to get rid or lessen the number of turnstyle operators!

steve75
26-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Allowing for the initial bedding in period apart, the whole point to this is that there will be no turnstile operator :grr:

wrong (for now), it's an entirly different system than they have a parkhead/ibrox. It might be however with a view to installing automatic turnstiles in the new east. However even at automatic gates there is still steward in or aroung them to let people through/send away if there is problems.

Hibee_Craig7062
26-11-2009, 11:24 AM
The whole point in these cards is to get rid or lessen the number of turnstyle operators!

:agree:

Sir David Gray
26-11-2009, 11:32 AM

OK maybe turnstyle operator was the wrong term, I just meant the person with the scanner who takes your card and scans your barcode.

Big90inOz
26-11-2009, 11:36 AM
These cards areused at all the Aussie rule games, works very very well. Just scan the barcode, green light go through turnstile, red light -no entry

Some games get 70-100,000 supporters and I have never heard of any problems ever.

Hibee_Craig7062
26-11-2009, 11:55 AM
OK maybe turnstyle operator was the wrong term, I just meant the person with the scanner who takes your card and scans your barcode.

Maybe im missing something here and im sorry if i am.

You mean to say theres still going to be a steward at every gate/turnstile taking your card, scanning it for you, handing you it back then letting you thru the turnstile???:bitchy:

What the bloody hell is the point in all this then?? surely the scanner is on the wall or beside the actual turnstile and you place your card against it and it says yeh or nae!!!

So we have implemented a system at a high cost no doubt yet we are not saving costs on the most obvious thing that this system should bring you.....

PaulSmith
26-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Celtic use a similar system and at the start of the season checked everyone who was using a concession instead of a full paying adult. I would imagine that Hibs will adopt a similar method where it will go to being fully automated in the long term with no turnstyle operators but during the changeover they are right to have a person there with a scanner. Makes sense.

The ultimate goal will be to stop cash gates and make everyone buy a ticket before entering Easter Road. The cost of collecting the cash and the risk of having 20 or 30 cash operated turnstyles I would imagine is to high. Going forward they'll just have one ticket office that handles cash and automated gates around the stadium

CorrieHibs
26-11-2009, 12:23 PM

My boss is a St Mirren fan and they have it also he says '' it doesn't come up With ur name others can still use but it does come up adult or child so if ur an adult u can use a childs or vice versa''. I presume ours will be the same.

hibsboy90
26-11-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't think it's ever been ok to do. Even although I'm quite sure a lot of people do it, as far as I'm aware, season tickets have always been non-transferable.

The way we will find out is if say, a father and son go to the game on saturday, yet swap cards before entry, and see if anything is said of it.

You mean to say theres still going to be a steward at every gate/turnstile taking your card, scanning it for you, handing you it back then letting you thru the turnstile???:bitchy:

What the bloody hell is the point in all this then?? surely the scanner is on the wall or beside the actual turnstile and you place your card against it and it says yeh or nae!!!

So we have implemented a system at a high cost no doubt yet we are not saving costs on the most obvious thing that this system should bring you.....

Over the time the staffing costs will be reduced vastly, with possibly one operator per 5 turnstyles. So whilst we lose money in the short run, we will have recovered the set up costs within a season i guess. Which means more investment in the team.

It works well at Aberdeen, and its no differnt to the sort of things you get at ski resorts etc where you scan and go through.

Not aimed at yourself, but I don't see why so many folk are getting really worked up about this, it's not as if the technology has never been used elsewhere on the globe. It will work.

Sir David Gray
26-11-2009, 12:37 PM

I knew I had read this somewhere.

From the official site;

The new system will enable Season Ticket members to enter the Stadium more smoothly - instead of a Season Ticket booklet with vouchers that have to be ripped out and presented for each match, Members now have a convenient sized card with their details and unique barcode printed on it. To enter the Stadium, Season Ticket Members should hold their card ready to show the turnstile operator with the barcode facing up and toward the operator. The operator will have a hand held scanner to read and authenticate the barcode.

See, I told you! :na na:

Keith_M
26-11-2009, 01:03 PM

That's where you're wrong. There's a small light at the top of the Turnstile that turns either Blue or Pink, according to the gender of the card owner.

There's also a system in place where, if an attempt is made to enter using an OAP card, there's a detector that can tell if you're reekin of P*ss and, if not, you're ejected form the stadium.

There's a similar BO detector for Student Cards, one that checks for incredibly high hormone levels for the 15-18s and another that checks the fingernails of people with under 15's cards for evidence of recent nose-picking.

Hibee_Craig7062
26-11-2009, 01:45 PM

From the official site;

The new system will enable Season Ticket members to enter the Stadium more smoothly - instead of a Season Ticket booklet with vouchers that have to be ripped out and presented for each match, Members now have a convenient sized card with their details and unique barcode printed on it. To enter the Stadium, Season Ticket Members should hold their card ready to show the turnstile operator with the barcode facing up and toward the operator. The operator will have a hand held scanner to read and authenticate the barcode.

While amazed that even with this super duper new technology im still going to have to pass a steward at the turnstile .........I stand corrected, what cant speak cant lie. :cool2:

Jay
26-11-2009, 01:58 PM
So I assume that on the days my dad cant make it my 8 year old cant use his disabled ST anymore as it will show as something other than a concession?

lumbo_hfc
26-11-2009, 02:03 PM

From the official site;

so whats that point in all this then? hibs spending all that money to get it installed when it is not goin to reduce their costs and basically it is going to be the same as i thought the season book ran quite smoothly!

Frazerbob
26-11-2009, 02:04 PM
so whats that point in all this then? hibs spending all that money to get it installed when it is not goin to reduce their costs and basically it is going to be the same as i thought the season book ran quite smoothly!

Did I not read that Ticketmaster are installing the system? No cost to Hibs but I'd imagine an agreement to use ticketmaster for ticket sales for a set period.

Sir David Gray
26-11-2009, 02:05 PM
So I assume that on the days my dad cant make it my 8 year old cant use his disabled ST anymore as it will show as something other than a concession?

You could try it as disabled might come under the title of "concession" on the scanner but I think it would be quite risky.

It all depends on whether you think it's worth the risk.

Mon Dieu4
26-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Did I not read that Ticketmaster are installing the system? No cost to Hibs but I'd imagine an agreement to use ticketmaster for ticket sales for a set period.

Yep I read it that way as well :agree:

Frazerbob
26-11-2009, 02:08 PM
You could try it as disabled might come under the title of "concession" on the scanner but I think it would be quite risky.

It all depends on whether you think it's worth the risk.

Also, disabilities are not always visable or obvious to others.

Sir David Gray
26-11-2009, 02:12 PM

Good point. :agree:

lumbo_hfc
26-11-2009, 02:15 PM

Did they? I didn't know that! well thats good. Still, it will be the same for season ticket holders then apart from of course having a card instead of a book of vouchers!

I thought it would make more sense to have a machine in the turnstyles that reads the barcode on your card and either lets you in or no and maybe one or two stewards to every area of entry, walking about just incase you have a problem with it.

martin63
26-11-2009, 02:33 PM
I am a ST holder for the East stand and don't have mine through yet. Should I be getting worried yet or are ours not due to be delivered till next weekI'm confused please help! :confused:

franks
26-11-2009, 02:36 PM
I thoudht the cards were meant to "enhance the match day experience".

Sir David Gray
26-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I am a ST holder for the East stand and don't have mine through yet. Should I be getting worried yet or are ours not due to be delivered till next weekI'm confused please help! :confused:

Every season ticket holder should have received their card by now. Anyone who hasn't, should contact the ticket office immediately.

Hibee_Craig7062
26-11-2009, 02:44 PM
I thoudht the cards were meant to "enhance the match day experience".

Well it will do - instead of handing bit paper over to gain entry you hand over a bit plastic.....things like that make all the difference :rolleyes:

Johnny_Leith
26-11-2009, 02:53 PM
When I bought two student half season tickets not long ago for me and the missus I was told that I would have to pick them up in person, so obviously if they're being sent out then that no long applies but I was told because it was only me purchasing them and I didn't have any student ID for my g/f's that I had to pick them up with her and her student card? So are they just going to be sent to me or will I have to pick them up?

I get enough hassle from the Polish guy on the cash gate in the East for paying for a Student all the time(I always carry my student card with me so a quick flash of that does the trick:wink:) does this mean I'm going to have to explain that I'm a 19 year old student(that looks about 23 to be fair) every single time I go for a home game as per usual:yawn: If so not exactly enhancing the match day experience.

Jay
26-11-2009, 03:03 PM

It would be a shame to have an empty seat really - my son doesn't want his own ST he only comes to the odd game when my dad isn't there. I am hoping in the near future he will want his own ST but the only way that will happen is if I get him to a few games. Kinda grudge buying him a ticket when there is an empty seat all paid for right next to me.

Not really a major issue in the grand scheme of things though :greengrin

PaulSmith
26-11-2009, 03:14 PM
When I bought two student half season tickets not long ago for me and the missus I was told that I would have to pick them up in person, so obviously if they're being sent out then that no long applies but I was told because it was only me purchasing them and I didn't have any student ID for my g/f's that I had to pick them up with her and her student card? So are they just going to be sent to me or will I have to pick them up?

I get enough hassle from the Polish guy on the cash gate in the East for paying for a Student all the time(I always carry my student card with me so a quick flash of that does the trick:wink:) does this mean I'm going to have to explain that I'm a 19 year old student(that looks about 23 to be fair) every single time I go for a home game as per usual:yawn: If so not exactly enhancing the match day experience.

Nae offence mate but if you always have your card and you only need to flash it at a steward on the way in then take it out your pocket in readiness and then if asked lift your hand up with the photo showing towards him and I'm sure he'll wave you in.

Hardly an inconvenience is it?

Johnny_Leith
26-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Nae offence mate but if you always have your card and you only need to flash it at a steward on the way in then take it out your pocket in readiness and then if asked lift your hand up with the photo showing towards him and I'm sure he'll wave you in.

Hardly an inconvenience is it?

None taken, true not the most inconvenience I could encounter when going to a Hibs game but a little manners wouldn't go a miss. I don't know if its just me but the bloke on the gate gives me a cracker of a "if looks could kill" when I put down my £12 or so and says Adult to which I flash my student card, takes a good few minutes looking at the card, then me, then the card, then me before deciding that I am infact not trying to rip off the club but just pay the price I'm allowed to. Maybe I'm not in the best position to judge as Saturday home games are taken in with a banging hangover!

lumbo_hfc
26-11-2009, 03:47 PM

If u have a student season ticket then that means u must have prooved thats u are a student to hibs or they wouldnt have game u it! therefore u wont have to proove u are a student at the turnstyle!

RIP
26-11-2009, 05:01 PM
This is great news for the club. We will see immediate (and future benefits) including:-

Improving customer experience
 Integration with online ticketing and payment. Can see available seats and purchase online.
 Speedier access through the turnstiles
 Easily integrates with a loyalty programme. Club can link to Hibernian Rewards.
 Allows parents to add value to their children's cards, thus controlling their expenditure.
 Enhances the club’s image.

Improving stadium security
 Lost or stolen stadium smart cards are blocked and the balances transferred to a new card.
 If holders are identified as troublemakers, access can also be blocked.
 If queries arise, stewards with PDAs can access a cards full history
 Computerised information available to stadium controller and police.
 Helps prevent under-age drinking or betting.

Reducing cost
 Automatic access means the club can reduce turnstile staffing levels.
 Savings in ticket production - reduced need for match day tickets
 Opportunity to reduce or even eliminate cash from your stadium, reducing risk of theft and fraud

Improving management information
 The cards contain each person’s name, ID number, their stand, row and seat number, and how much they have paid.
 Allowing the club to extract customer records based on any combination of the data held, which can then be used for marketing campaigns by email, letter or SMS.
 Full audit trail of customer contact,

Increasing income
 The e-cash system enables each contactless smart card to carry e-money or a credit line. Supporters can use their smart card to pay for anything from food, drink, programmes, and items in the club shop or in vending machines.
 It is also perfectly suited to betting as electronic certificates confirming each bet are issued.
 If a season ticket holder cannot attend a match instead of their ticket bolstering the black market the card is credited and the seat made available for sale leading to extra revenue for the club.
 Achieving faster transaction times and improving cash flow – more money in the till.
 Studies show that sales always increase when e-cash is used.

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2009, 09:32 PM

I dont like to post this coz who knows who is watching.

I asked a member of staff at the ticket office directly, what will happen if someone else ( especially of the opposite sex ) uses your ticket ?

I was told that it would almost certainly not be a problem if it was another adult using an adults ticket, but that if an OAP or Child concession was used by an under 65 / adult then questions would be asked.

It would be a good idea if the club were to allow up to 3 matches to be legally transferrable on these tickets to allow for times where people are on holiday, ill or at work.

I know that the very few times I cant go that the person who gets my ticket wouldnt be going to the match unless it was a freebie so it aint as if Hibs are missing out on ticket money.

Better a bum on a seat supporting the team and buying a pie and Bovril than an empty seat.

Speedy
26-11-2009, 09:53 PM
None taken, true not the most inconvenience I could encounter when going to a Hibs game but a little manners wouldn't go a miss. I don't know if its just me but the bloke on the gate gives me a cracker of a "if looks could kill" when I put down my £12 or so and says Adult to which I flash my student card, takes a good few minutes looking at the card, then me, then the card, then me before deciding that I am infact not trying to rip off the club but just pay the price I'm allowed to. Maybe I'm not in the best position to judge as Saturday home games are taken in with a banging hangover!

In my experience I put my money and student card on the desk at the same time and ask for a concession. They have a slight glance at the card and give me it back. It's never been a problem for me :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
27-11-2009, 11:16 AM
If u have a student season ticket then that means u must have prooved thats u are a student to hibs or they wouldnt have game u it! therefore u wont have to proove u are a student at the turnstyle!

I was wondering that myself.

If you have a ST why are you paying at the gate every week?

Johnny_Leith
27-11-2009, 06:08 PM
I was wondering that myself.

If you have a ST why are you paying at the gate every week?

I don't have a ST. I didn't have the money for a season ticket being unemployed then and having just came back from living abroad. I now work two jobs so bought a half season ticket. I never said I had a student season ticket, I have bought a half season one though.

MSK
27-11-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't have a ST. I didn't have the money for a season ticket being unemployed then and having just came back from living abroad. I now work two jobs so bought a half season ticket. I never said I had a student season ticket, I have bought a half season one though.Welcome back Dave !!!! :thumbsup:

Johnny_Leith
27-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Welcome back Dave !!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers K! Give me a freezing Scottish winter over the Aussie summer anytime!:greengrin

ArabHibee
27-11-2009, 06:42 PM

The new cards will be sent out to you. You've already been down to ER and shown your student cards so have shown proof for this season. Not sure what will happen next season as the cards don't get changed each year. I assume they will not validate the card until you go down with a valid student card before the start of the season.

I don't have a ST. I didn't have the money for a season ticket being unemployed then and having just came back from living abroad. I now work two jobs so bought a half season ticket. I never said I had a student season ticket, I have bought a half season one though.
What exactly are you studying? :cool2:

MSK
27-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Cheers K! Give me a freezing Scottish winter over the Aussie summer anytime!:greengrinNae worries Dave ..surely ye jest aboot the weather ..?...its depressing here ...:greengrin

MSK
27-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Re-doing my highers, in 3 days a week. I work 2 days a week at Game and then I work on the weekends 10-1 for Shanghai nightclub.Remember i picked you for a hibs.net v bounce game Dave ..(which we won & i gave you man o the match)

Gies discount on Fight night (ps2 :embarrass) ...:greengrin:

:hijack:

blueisthecolour
27-11-2009, 08:37 PM
I have had a wee quick read over this thread, the question that seems to be getting asked is can I use someone else's card how will they know, I can only tell you how thr cards work at ibrox and assume it will be the same.

There will be turnstyle operators there especially as this is the first time they will be used, they will expect some teething problems, The card is placed across a panel which activates the turnstyle, a light will flash green for go or red for no go, it makes the que go much faster after everyone knows how they work but tomorrow will seem slow as no one knows where the panel is, give it time.

No one will know or even bother if you use your sisters/brothers ect card, no details come up, what does show though is a J for juvenile or C for concession, you won't see this but the steward at the other side of the turnstyle can see this, most of the time they don't bother but if an adult is caught using a child card you can be banned and have the ticket taken off you.

If you take a child to the games and for some reason the child can't make the game, you can get the ticket upgraded to an adult for that game, at ibrox it cost £15 to upgrade to an adult.

Remember folks tomorrow there could be problem give yourself extra time if possible.

I hope this info is of some use to so someone.

ArabHibee
27-11-2009, 08:44 PM
I have had a wee quick read over this thread, the question that seems to be getting asked is can I use someone else's card how will they know, I can only tell you how thr cards work at ibrox and assume it will be the same.

There will be turnstyle operators there especially as this is the first time they will be used, they will expect some teething problems, The card is placed across a panel which activates the turnstyle, a light will flash green for go or red for no go, it makes the que go much faster after everyone knows how they work but tomorrow will seem slow as no one knows where the panel is, give it time.

No one will know or even bother if you use your sisters/brothers ect card, no details come up, what does show though is a J for juvenile or C for concession, you won't see this but the steward at the other side of the turnstyle can see this, most of the time they don't bother but if an adult is caught using a child card you can be banned and have the ticket taken off you.

If you take a child to the games and for some reason the child can't make the game, you can get the ticket upgraded to an adult for that game, at ibrox it cost £15 to upgrade to an adult.

Remember folks tomorrow there could be problem give yourself extra time if possible.

I hope this info is of some use to so someone.

No really. Someone's already posted that it's not the same system that is used at Hunbrox.

blueisthecolour
27-11-2009, 08:52 PM
No really. Someone's already posted that it's not the same system that is used at Hunbrox.

Im not saying it is the exact same but im sure it will be similar.

ArabHibee
27-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Im not saying it is the exact same but im sure it will be similar.

Why don't you come along tomorrow as part of Hibees Reunited and see for yourself? Maybe even convert you over to the green side. :cool2:

blueisthecolour
27-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Why don't you come along tomorrow as part of Hibees Reunited and see for yourself? Maybe even convert you over to the green side. :cool2:

I will be in Aberdeen, nice offer though:wink: