PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd v Besiktas

Speedy
25-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Man Utd reserves are looking impressive but are getting beat 1-0 after a goal from nowhere.

down-the-slope
25-11-2009, 07:26 PM
The Greeks are way out their depth in this Competition. They have given the ball away so many times

down-the-slope
25-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Unitedcut open there...should have been 2

MSK
25-11-2009, 07:29 PM
The Greeks are way out their depth in this Competition. They have given the ball away so many timesTurks ..

lumbo_hfc
25-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Seen that obertan a few times now, much did he cost man utd?

reminds me of ivan sproule.... on his first game for hibs!!:bitchy:

mim
25-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Man U only need 1 point from their last 2 games to win the group, but the fact is they have not qualified yet.

If they don't get the point tonight, Wolfsburg will fancy themselves to beat Man U in Germany and that would leave CSKA with a chance to beat Besiktas and possibly knock Man U out.

The commentators seem oblivious to this. I bet Sir Alex is well aware, tho. :wink:

Nakedmanoncrack
25-11-2009, 07:46 PM
The Greeks are way out their depth in this Competition. They have given the ball away so many times

Turks ..

Greeks, Turks, they're all the same aren't they?

MSK
25-11-2009, 07:46 PM

reminds me of ivan sproule.... on his first game for hibs!!:bitchy:Looks a useful player ..:agree:

Just Jimmy
25-11-2009, 07:47 PM

3 million

MSK
25-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Greeks, Turks, they're all the same aren't they?Oops silly me ..:rolleyes:

Speedy
25-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Man U only need 1 point from their last 2 games to win the group, but the fact is they have not qualified yet.

If they don't get the point tonight, Wolfsburg will fancy themselves to beat Man U in Germany and that would leave CSKA with a chance to beat Besiktas and possibly knock Man U out.

The commentators seem oblivious to this. I bet Sir Alex is well aware, tho. :wink:

Or...they have already qualified :wink:

Nakedmanoncrack
25-11-2009, 07:54 PM

I don't think so, CSKA can only draw level with Man Utd, Man Utd would go through on the head to head results between the teams.

lumbo_hfc
25-11-2009, 07:59 PM

Do you think he would have a whole 2nd string team out if there was the slightest chance he could go out?

surreyhibbie
25-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Not exactly gripping though....:yawn:

lumbo_hfc
25-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Looks a useful player ..:agree:

Still young i suppose but when i have seen him he doesn't look man utd class! likes to get his head down and run (sometimes out the pitch)

Part/Time Supporter
25-11-2009, 08:06 PM

They've already qualified

worst case scenario for Man U is that three teams finish with 10 points => three team head to head calculation

Man U beat CSKA once and Wolfsburg at home +draw with CSKA = 7 points

Wolfsburg won the home games but lost the away games = 6 points

CSKA have only beaten Wolfsburg at home +draw at Man U = 4 points

Man U would win the group and Wolfsburg would be second

The worst Man U can do is second, if they lose by 1-0 or 2+ clear goals to Wolfsburg and CSKA DON'T win against Besiktas

down-the-slope
25-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Turks ..

Correct :doh:

mim
25-11-2009, 08:24 PM
They've already qualified

worst case scenario for Man U is that three teams finish with 10 points => three team head to head calculation

Man U beat CSKA once and Wolfsburg at home +draw with CSKA = 7 points

Wolfsburg won the home games but lost the away games = 6 points

CSKA have only beaten Wolfsburg at home +draw at Man U = 4 points

Man U would win the group and Wolfsburg would be second

The worst Man U can do is second, if they lose by 1-0 or 2+ clear goals to Wolfsburg and CSKA DON'T win against Besiktas

Thanks P/T S.

I didn't realise that the head to head came before the goal difference.

CB_NO3
25-11-2009, 08:39 PM

Man Utd have already qualified

.Sean.
25-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Really, really boring game. Had to switch from STV, couldnae listen to Craig effing Burley any longer :grr:

surreyhibbie
25-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Superb game. total football:agree:

you on drugs?:confused:

LancashireHibby
25-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Man U should be heavily fined or charged under the trades descriptions act

That'd help their debt no end :agree:

fatbloke
25-11-2009, 09:28 PM
you on drugs?:confused:

Why have you got some to sell??

Just joking B.

fatbloke
25-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Not exactly gripping though....:yawn:

not as gripping as eating 6 curries or 4 kilos of prunes - now that's gripping - or more like hanging on for grim death.

jdships
25-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Wonder how the punters must have felt paying £50 (?) for a European Cup game to find when they arrived it was Man Utd reserves ? :greengrin

Gatecrasher
25-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Wonder how the punters must have felt paying £50 (?) for a European Cup game to find when they arrived it was Man Utd reserves ? :greengrin

my bro went down :greengrin

he's on the lash while i have work tomorrow :boo hoo:

he will be back for the real football on saturday :cool2:

Andy74
26-11-2009, 09:33 AM

Eh?

Instantly looks like a footballer. The guy will be top quality.

On another post you said he likes to get his head down and run, sometimes out the pitch?

Are you sure you are watching the same guy? Brilliant upward and smooth running style and goes past guys like they aren't there.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Eh?

On another post you said he likes to get his head down and run, sometimes out the pitch?

Are you sure you are watching the same guy? Brilliant upward and smooth running style and goes past guys like they aren't there.

I've got to agree, looks like he'll mature into a decent player to me too! :agree:

sambajustice
26-11-2009, 09:58 AM
not as gripping as eating 6 curries or 4 kilos of prunes - now that's gripping - or more like hanging on for grim death.

Why would you want to hang on for a grim death. Just go quicker for a not so grim death! :cool2:

lumbo_hfc
26-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Eh?

I've got to agree, looks like he'll mature into a decent player to me too! :agree:

Sure i heard all these comments when David Bellion was first on the scene!! He turned out alright eh?:rolleyes:

Green Mikey
26-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Sure i heard all these comments when David Bellion was first on the scene!! He turned out alright eh?:rolleyes:

Bellion is doing OK now. Playing for Bordeaux in Champs League and won the French title last year:cool2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bellion

Andy74
26-11-2009, 11:45 AM

The similarity being that they are black and French?

lumbo_hfc
26-11-2009, 11:56 AM
The similarity being that they are black and French?

also they are very quick(not much of a footballing brain i dont think) and about the same age when they joined united! we will see if he is any good in a couple of years, all i said was i have been dissapointed when i have seen him!

hibsbollah
26-11-2009, 12:21 PM
A poor man's Alan O'Brien:yawn:

Andy74
26-11-2009, 12:25 PM
also they are very quick(not much of a footballing brain i dont think) and about the same age when they joined united! we will see if he is any good in a couple of years, all i said was i have been dissapointed when i have seen him!

Are you actually sure you are watching the same guy?

The guy looks to have a great football brain and ability and I'm not seeing the guy you are - someone who runs fast and out the pitch - he actually has great skiill and ability to go past people, but not really pacy. I have seen most of his time on the pitch now and have no idea what you are seeing?

He's one of these rare guys you see and he just holds himself and does everything with a bit of style. I think he could be a bit special.

Woody1985
26-11-2009, 12:51 PM

Bellion is doing OK now. Playing for Bordeaux in Champs League and won the French title last year:cool2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bellion

:faf:

The same Bordeaux who are top of the group and beat Juve two nil last night.

leither17
26-11-2009, 05:54 PM
burst 2 of my coupons wish i knew he had put the bairns out hope they only get 2nd now

Davy Mac
26-11-2009, 06:29 PM

Mmmm, you're a wise old owl.

Just back from Old Trafford with the wee man as it was his birthday.

You're right, a lot of money but I tell you what it doesnae half make you see how the other live.

Fantastic stadium, great pitch and a wonderful experience for anybody.

Disappointing result but what I found interesting is very few United fans complained they got right behind their team as did the Turks - crazy crazy noise for a couple of thousand and all started by one fella who orchestrated all the singing and chanting.

Great stuff!