PDA

View Full Version : team for saturday

hibee-shtuggie
25-11-2009, 04:50 PM
hey guys, whats everyones idea of a good team to play falkirk on saturday? i think we need to move riordan from that left mid position and just play two strikers, i feel like they are cancelling each other out up there. and as good as riordan is in an attacking sense he offers little protection for our LB and the midfield is tugged about. id go with

.................stack.............
mccormack hogg bamba stevenson

wotherspoon murray miller galbraith

stokes.........riordan

however if zemmama is back id put him in for mccormack and put wotherspoon bach to RB

Judas Iscariot
25-11-2009, 04:53 PM
If everyone is fit..

Stack

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

McBride
Miller
Cregg

Zemamma
Stokes
Riordan

MacBean
25-11-2009, 04:55 PM
If everyone is fit..

Stack

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

McBride
Miller
Cregg

Zemamma
Stokes
Riordan

This is the team i would like to see!

If zouma is unfit then Galbraith / Byrne

hibee-shtuggie
25-11-2009, 04:58 PM
This is the team i would like to see!

If zouma is unfit then Galbraith / Byrne

i do like cregg but i feel stevnson has done well at LB since getting a wee run and i like murray in the middle with miller, ive felt we needed 4-4-2 for a while other than the 4-3-3, i just think we are a wee bit light in the midfield no?? jus an opinion mind - the team suggested would be very exciting going forward.

Sloppy
25-11-2009, 05:34 PM
i would love
--------------------Stack
hogg----------murray-----bamba-------stevensson
--------------------mcbride
zemamma-----------miller---------------rankin
---------------stokes-------riordan

but i think the team will be

--------------------Stack
hogg-----------murray--bamba----------stevensson
----------------miller---mcbride
zemamma-------------------------------riordan
----------------stokes---BENJI:grr:

Burghibs
25-11-2009, 05:39 PM
a think it will be

stack

wotherspoon
hogg
bamba
murray

miller
mcbride(if fit)

zemmama(if fit)
benji
deek

stokes

HFC93
25-11-2009, 05:48 PM
If everyone is fit..

Stack

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

McBride
Miller
Cregg

Zemamma
Stokes
Riordan

:agree:

brydekirk
25-11-2009, 05:50 PM
after watcning yogis interveiw on H TV , Dont think Mcbride will make it :grr:

Wotherspiniesta
25-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Stack

Wotherspoon Hogg Bamba Murray

Miller McBride

Byrne Zemmama Riordan

Benji

Subs: Maka, Stevenson, Cregg, Welsh, Galbraith, Nish, Stokes

Stack (GK)- Had my doubts about him when he first came into the team, but he has really won me over and kept us in the game on Saturday

Wotherspoon (RB)- Need his energy at RB and will need to keep tabs on Flynn of Falkirk. If Hogg plays RB, he will struggle with Flynns pace.

Hogg (CB)- Played really well at Tynecastle and should keep his place in the back 4 on that form.

Bamba (CB)- Needs to keep focused on his game. Keep his head down and he will get the move he (allegedly) wants.

Murray (LB)- Played well at CB in the last couple of games but will offer more going forward than Stevenson.

McBride (CM)- Hopefully he is fit. In the formation we play, Mcbride plays a key role in breaking up play and covering the full backs.

Miller (CM)- One of our most consistent performers this season, keeps it simple and has a touch of class.

Byrne (RM)- I think he deserves a chance.

Zemmama (AM)- Like McBride, hopefully he is fit. Makes the team tick and injects much needed pace into our attack.

Riordan (LM)- Fantastic goal on Saturday, can step inside and unleash great shots. Will cause Barr and Co all sorts of problems.

Benji (CF)- Keeps his place. I think he plays better at ER than away from home and with Zemmama hopefully back, we could see the best of him.

HFC93
25-11-2009, 05:54 PM
after watcning yogis interveiw on H TV , Dont think Mcbride will make it :grr:

He will be a big loss but Cregg is adequate cover.

brydekirk
25-11-2009, 05:54 PM
the way yogi was talking today, i think he is going to stick with hogg at right back.:agree:

Wotherspiniesta
25-11-2009, 05:55 PM
the way yogi was talking today, i think he is going to stick with hogg at right back.:agree:

Hogg V Flynn is a seriously worrying prospect.

down-the-slope
25-11-2009, 06:04 PM
I think that if Zemamma is fit then go with Benji..if he is not then would not play Benji. They are better than the sum of the parts when played together but lose a lot when one is not playing.

I would also give Stokes some time on the bench, needs to get form back. I would give Byrne the chance to actually play CF rather than out wide right (although he has done OK when asked)

Cant understand why Murray is not played at RB now Lewis is back on form. He played there for us first time around for a long time and is better than Hogg in the overlapping aspect of FB. Hogg has been good at CF so why play him where he is not so comfortable?

micksoo
25-11-2009, 06:49 PM
ICant understand why Murray is not played at RB now Lewis is back on form. He played there for us first time around for a long time and is better than Hogg in the overlapping aspect of FB. Hogg has been good at CF so why play him where he is not so comfortable?

Because he is left sided

PeterboroHibee
25-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Would go -

Stack
Zemmama Miller McBride Gabraith
Nish Riordan

Hate the formation we have been playing, doesnt work anymore and we are struggling to score. Regular 442 allows us to change it about a bit more.

Would drop Benji and Stokes as well as they have been pretty awful recently. I know Nish isnt too popular but when hes got a partner upfront he is more effective.

down-the-slope
25-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Because he is left sided

He is very 2 footed and has played that position a lot before - which Hogg has not.

Riorden is right footed and yet several managers over a number of years have played him on the left (again because he is 2 footed) so I don't get your point :confused:

hfc rd
25-11-2009, 07:25 PM
My team would be:-

GK - Stack

RCB - Hogg
CB - Bamba
LCB - Murray

CDM - Cregg (Judging by Yogi's interview on hibs tv I don't think McBride will make it).
RM - Wotherspoon
CM - Miller
LM - Gailbraith
CAM - Zemmama

ST - Benji
ST - Riordan

Subs:
Ma Kalambay
Hanlon
Stevenson
Welsh (Maybe give the boy a chance and see how he does?)
Byrne
Stokes
Nish

millarco
25-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Because he is left sided

Can never make my mind up over Murray's strongest side, he takes free-kicks with both as well. Wasn't too impressive there against Hamilton, though I suppose nobody did.

My team for Saturday would be:

Stack
McCormack
Murray
Hogg
Bamba
Wotherspoon
Miller
Cregg
Zemmama
Riordan
Benji

Think it will be:

Stack
Hogg
Stevenson
Bamba
Murray
Miller
Rankin
Wotherspoon
Riordan
Benji
Stokes

I'd like to see Galbraith given a run but it can only be at Riordan's expense; even pushing him through the middle he will always have a tendency to drift out left and into Galbraith's space. I doubt McBride would make it, so wouldn't mind seeing either Stevenson or Murray playing in the middle. Stokes needs a game or two on the bench, though he'll probably go and score on Saturday now. Wotherspoon is wasted in defence, but Hughes seems to prefer playing Zemmama wide right instead of a central role, where I think he's best. Don't see why Benji is getting so much criticism, he was one of the few on Saturday who looked dangerous and comfortable on the ball. Him over Nish every single time.

PaulSmith
25-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Stack

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Miller
McBride

Zemamma and Galbraith wide

Stokes and Riordan

Although I think he'll stick with Riordan wide left and go with Benji and Stokes

Petrie's Tache
25-11-2009, 08:21 PM
..............................Stack............... .. .............

..........Hogg..............Bamba...........Murray ... ......

...........................McBride/Welsh................. ........... McBride if Fit

Wootherspoon.............Miller................Gal braith......

.............................Zemmama.............. ........... (if fit)Benji if not

............Stokes.............................Dee ks.........

Triangles all over the park for TOTAL football.:wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Hogg V Flynn is a seriously worrying prospect.

Sounds like a recipe for loads of free kicks. Not sure how good the Bairns are at set pieces,

fife hfc
25-11-2009, 09:36 PM
........................stack..................... ..
Wotherspoon............................Murray
.............Hogg................Bamba..........
.............Cregg*..............miller........... ..
Zemmama.............................Galbraith
.............Benjelloun.......riordan............

*replaces Mcbride if he fails to make it.

Franck is God
25-11-2009, 10:03 PM
my team would be (if everyone is fit)

Stack

Spoony----Hogg----Bamba----Murray

McBride
Cregg--------Miller

Zemmama------------------Riordan
Benji

Subs

Maka
McCormack
Stevenson
Rankin
Galbraith
Stokes
Nish

Hibs90
25-11-2009, 10:17 PM
If everyone is fit'

Stackalambay
Zemmama McBride Miller Galbraith
Benji Deek

Subs:

Makalambay
Stevenson
Hanlon
Cregg
Rankin
Stokes
Nish

Hainan Hibs
25-11-2009, 11:12 PM
........................stack..................... ..
Wotherspoon............................Murray
.............Hogg................Bamba..........
.............Cregg*..............miller........... ..
Zemmama.............................Galbraith
.............Benjelloun.......riordan............

*replaces Mcbride if he fails to make it.

That is my choice too.

silverhibee
25-11-2009, 11:37 PM
my team would be (if everyone is fit)

Stack

Spoony----Hogg----Bamba----Murray

McBride
Cregg--------Miller

Zemmama------------------Riordan
Benji

Subs

Maka
McCormack
Stevenson
Rankin
Galbraith
Stokes
Nish

I would go with that team as well.:agree:

Shrekko
26-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Yogi IMO made a monumental error playing Hogg and Stevenson as full-backs last week. Team was a disjointed mess with both of them not able to offer anything in attack or able to pass the ball properly to a team-mate.

Get Hogg back in central defence and Murray back at left back and Stevenson on the bench as our token utility sub for emergencies.

Like many others I'd also like to see Benji replacing Stokes as the main centre forward with Zemmama hopefully back in midfield. If McBride's injured, Cregg should come in.

I've got a feeling very little of the above will happen though. I reckon Rankin will come in for McBride, Stokes will keep his place, Zouma will replace Benji and we might see the same back 4.

500miles
26-11-2009, 06:35 PM
He is very 2 footed and has played that position a lot before - which Hogg has not.

Riorden is right footed and yet several managers over a number of years have played him on the left (again because he is 2 footed) so I don't get your point :confused:

Murray is not comfortable at all at right back. Humpty against Hamilton, played there for Rangers and got slated, sent off and gave away goals. I cannot recall a single good performance from him there.

CorrieHibs
26-11-2009, 06:45 PM
hey guys, whats everyones idea of a good team to play falkirk on saturday? i think we need to move riordan from that left mid position and just play two strikers, i feel like they are cancelling each other out up there. and as good as riordan is in an attacking sense he offers little protection for our LB and the midfield is tugged about. id go with

.................stack.............
mccormack hogg bamba stevenson

wotherspoon murray miller galbraith

stokes.........riordan

however if zemmama is back id put him in for mccormack and put wotherspoon bach to RB

Exactly the team i would pick as well if zemmama is injured.

500miles
26-11-2009, 06:46 PM
.......................Stack
.Hogg......Bamba.........Thicot..Murray
...............Miller.....Stevenson
..Zemmama...................Wotherspoon
...............Nish.......Riordan

Wotherspiniesta
26-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Exactly the team i would pick as well if zemmama is injured.

So neither of you rate McBride? :confused:

hibee-shtuggie
26-11-2009, 07:04 PM
So neither of you rate McBride? :confused:

i do, but i feel like stevenson has done well since coming in at LB and i also like murray in the centre of the park... defo one to split the support though, mcbride has done very well since coming in

spudhib
26-11-2009, 07:11 PM
i do, but i feel like stevenson has done well since coming in at LB and i also like murray in the centre of the park... defo one to split the support though, mcbride has done very well since coming in

Stevenson shouldn't be in the first 11,ok subby but IM must play LB and whoever says play him at RB is having a laugh,still got nightmares of SC final of 2001.

hibee-shtuggie
26-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Stevenson shouldn't be in the first 11,ok subby but IM must play LB and whoever says play him at RB is having a laugh,still got nightmares of SC final of 2001.

would agree that ian murray is a nightmare at RB. agree to disagree about stevenson. RB is a funny one, i know wotherspoon as done well, but hes so much more dangerous going forward so id put him in mid and slap mccormack in there - not hogg as flynn would turn him over.

Cocaine&Caviar
27-11-2009, 01:32 AM
I'd like to see:

stack

McCormack___hogg___bamba___Murray

____________mcbride___miller

witherspoon_____zemmama____riordan

_________________benji

GlesgaeHibby
27-11-2009, 08:26 AM

:confused: Nish? Please no, and why tinker so much with a back 4 that hasn't leaked many by adding Thicot? Wotherspoon at LM too?

I think on saturday we should go for(assuming McBride won't make it)

Stack
Miller Stevenson
Byrne Zemmama Riordan
Benji

Stokes needs dropped. His first touch is still absolutely awful and I think being dropped to the bench will hopefully give him the kick up the arse he needs.

Byrne played well at RM against the dons, give him another go as Zemmama is better through the middle.

Wotherspoon should have the pace to deal with Flynn.

500miles
27-11-2009, 03:40 PM
:confused: Nish? Please no, and why tinker so much with a back 4 that hasn't leaked many by adding Thicot? Wotherspoon at LM too?

I think on saturday we should go for(assuming McBride won't make it)

Stack
Miller Stevenson
Byrne Zemmama Riordan
Benji

Stokes needs dropped. His first touch is still absolutely awful and I think being dropped to the bench will hopefully give him the kick up the arse he needs.

Byrne played well at RM against the dons, give him another go as Zemmama is better through the middle.

Wotherspoon should have the pace to deal with Flynn.

Nish starts next to Riordan because Derek has a newfound energy, and plays closer to his partner. He may not hold up the ball all the time, but Nish is always there or thereabouts, knocking the ball down, or forcing loose balls, which suits Riordan's predatory instincts down to the ground. Stokes has to be dropped, and Benji has been guff too. Barr is under six foot and McLean is 6'2'', so take advantage of it.

Hogg gets another crack at right back, as it sounds like Yogi was quite pleased with him last weekend.

Wotherspoon played left midfield most of he time last season IIRC. It also allows Zemmama to play on his preferred foot.

Thicot, I think, has potential in him. Clairfontaine doesn't produce many diddies, and Yogi likes a ball playing CH, and it would be nice to give him a run out to see what he has to offer.

CorrieHibs
27-11-2009, 04:25 PM
..............................Zibi.. .............

..........Gathuessi..............Canning.......... .Joneleit..............Zarabi

Morais.............Keenan.....................Kerr .......................O'Brein

............Donaldson............................. Konte

What a team that would be.:faf:

Judas Iscariot
27-11-2009, 06:48 PM

:confused:

And you said other folk watch games with their eyes shut :faf:

WhileTheChief..
27-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Stack

Wothrspoon
Bamba
Hogg
Murray

Zemmama
Miller
Mcbride
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

Nice and simple 442 will do for me.

scoopyboy
27-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Nish starts next to Riordan because Derek has a newfound energy, and plays closer to his partner. He may not hold up the ball all the time, but Nish is always there or thereabouts, knocking the ball down, or forcing loose balls, which suits Riordan's predatory instincts down to the ground. Stokes has to be dropped, and Benji has been guff too. Barr is under six foot and McLean is 6'2'', so take advantage of it.

Hogg gets another crack at right back, as it sounds like Yogi was quite pleased with him last weekend.

Wotherspoon played left midfield most of he time last season IIRC. It also allows Zemmama to play on his preferred foot.

Thicot, I think, has potential in him. Clairfontaine doesn't produce many diddies, and Yogi likes a ball playing CH, and it would be nice to give him a run out to see what he has to offer.

You certainly dont recall correctly, D played on the right with Lee Currie on the left.

silverhibee
27-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Stack.

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Murray
Stevenson

Rankin
Zemmama
Miller
Riordan

Nish
Stokes.

Yogi wont drop Stokes, so he will change his system to keep Stokes in the team.

Judas Iscariot
27-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Stack.

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Murray
Stevenson

Rankin
Zemmama
Miller
Riordan

Nish
Stokes.

Yogi wont drop Stokes, so he will change his system to keep Stokes in the team.

Is that a guess or...

:wink:

Billychaotic182
27-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Stack

Hogg
Bamba
Murray
Stevenson

D
Zouma
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

Thats what team i would send out:notworthy:

Judas Iscariot
27-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Stack

Hogg
Bamba
Murray
Stevenson

D
Zouma
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes
Riordan

Thats what team i would send out:notworthy:

They 2 were pretty poor last week and Falkirk's wide men are rather usefull..

If that's how we line up tomorrow it'll be a long 90mins..

500miles
28-11-2009, 12:34 AM
You certainly dont recall correctly, D played on the right with Lee Currie on the left.

Admittedly I didn't catch as many u19s as I would have liked, but the game that was on my mind was the Falkirk game towards the end of the season.

500miles
28-11-2009, 12:50 AM
:confused:

And you said other folk watch games with their eyes shut :faf:

Fancy substantiating that remark, or will you simply rely on your razor sharp wit.

The last good performance we got out of Stevenson was at defensive mid against Hearts at the end of last season. He doesn't break forward well enough to play at full back, but his passing, discipline and closing down is a stregnth in such a position, no?

Fair enough, I was mistaken with regards to Wotherspoon.

Thicot's greatest problem is his lack of aggression. However, I think Yogi can remedy that instantly. He likes to play the ball along the deck, is a big strong lad, and, when he DOES put the boot in, the forward knows all about it.

Hogg at right back is not my personal preferance, but Yogi seems to be pleased with it in his HI interview (which i have not had the chance to read, but read about on here or the bounce), and he will therefore probably continue there.

I've already said enough about Nish.

It's the perfect time to give these guys a taste of competative football, and put pressure on the usual starting XI.

Rebuttle?

KWJ
28-11-2009, 04:21 AM
Why change a drawing formula :wink:

Big90inOz
28-11-2009, 05:05 AM
I would play benji up front as the "target man" he is very strong on the ball, can turn both ways and will pick up plenty of fouls off the centre halfs.I don't mean a target man as in pump high balls to him, play it onto his chest / to his feet.
Also think it's time for Galbraith to get a run, we need someone who can get beyond the fullback.
We are far too narrow up front, both Riordan and Zouma like to cut inside.

crash
28-11-2009, 08:16 AM
I've already said enough about Nish.

:top marks