PDA

View Full Version : Boyd VS Torres

CorrieHibs
25-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Does anybody remember when John Hartson said he would rather have Boyd up front than Torres cos of Boyd's prolific goal scoring record.
On real radio with that idiot Ewan Cameron they had a poll to see who u would rather and Kris Boyd won:faf:. Obviously any normal football fan would have torres up front even a one legged torres would be better. Boyd does score goals in the SPL and a lot against the smaller teams but how many as he actually scored in europe or for Scotland? I do think he is a good goal scorer in the SPL but he's no european goal scorer and i don't think he'll make a huge differnce for Scotland if he plays again. Thoughts?

Speedy
25-11-2009, 10:33 AM
To be fair to Boyd his Scotland record is pretty good. Not sure who he scored the goals against.

Edit: Just checked wikipedia. 2x Bulgaria, 2x Faroes, Georgia, South Africa, Lithuania.

aljo7-0
25-11-2009, 10:35 AM
The only Boyd v Torres competition that I would want to back Boyd on would be a Pie Eating contest and even then I'm not convinced he wouldn't mess up his lovely new moustache by putting the pie over the open mouth.

RoscoHibby
25-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Especially when weegies are involved.

basehibby
25-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Does anybody remember when John Hartson said he would rather have Boyd up front than Torres cos of Boyd's prolific goal scoring record.
On real radio with that idiot Ewan Cameron they had a poll to see who u would rather and Kris Boyd won:faf:. Obviously any normal football fan would have torres up front even a one legged torres would be better. Boyd does score goals in the SPL and a lot against the smaller teams but how many as he actually scored in europe or for Scotland? I do think he is a good goal scorer in the SPL but he's no european goal scorer and i don't think he'll make a huge differnce for Scotland if he plays again. Thoughts?

The comparisons with Torres are a joke and it just goes to show what a blinkered load of idiots many OF fans are if Boyd actually won ANY kind of straw poll vs Torres.
Having said that I actually do rate Boyd - he has a natural eye for goal which sets him apart from most strikers. Unfortunately for the Huns and (maybe in future) Scotland he also suffers from the age old Scottish affliction of being a lazy arrogant twat with delusions of grandeur which prevent him from applying himself properly and thus fulfilling his full potential.

CorrieHibs
25-11-2009, 10:40 AM
To be fair to Boyd his Scotland record is pretty good. Not sure who he scored the goals against.

Edit: Just checked wikipedia. 2x Bulgaria, 2x Faroes, Georgia, South Africa, Lithuania.

Just checked also 15 caps 7 goals a good return but not against good oppostion not saying Scotland are good their terrible as well. He does get goals against the lesser nations don't see him scoring loads against Spain,Germany or Holland. But if Scotland do get him back he will score against the lesser teams.

Hainan Hibs
25-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Of course, Torres over Boyd everytime, only a delusional Hun would argue otherwise.

However, Scotland does need Boyd back in the frame.

Steve20
25-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Anyone who would rather have Boyd up front than Torres should be banned from watching football for life.

Danderhall Hibs
25-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Of course, Torres over Boyd everytime, only a delusional Hun would argue otherwise.

However, Scotland does need Boyd back in the frame.

After his header lasy night I'm not so sure. Anyone could miss a sitter like that.

Leith Green
25-11-2009, 11:50 AM

Exactly the reason I never listen to that weedgie based station..
It's the radio equivelant of the Daily Record and Scotland Today!!

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Last night showed everyone why Boyd is no good, apart from when he plays against the dross of world football.

Baw187
25-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Boyd's goal scoring record at SPL level is good but god only knows how many Torres would ram in, if he played in our league.

Maybe the Cabbage should sign him and find out.... ! :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
25-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Boyd v Torres :faf:

Did someone....:faf: did someone say....:faf: naw I must be hearing things, did someone say......BOYD vs TORRES!!!!:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Oh ma sides!

Baw187
25-11-2009, 01:16 PM

Did someone....:faf: did someone say....:faf: naw I must be hearing things, did someone say......BOYD vs TORRES!!!!:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Oh ma sides!

Unless they were comparing Boyd to Torres, my dog? For the record, my dog's still better.

ancient hibee
25-11-2009, 03:18 PM

Oh ma sides!
Was there no write in option for Nade?

HFC93
25-11-2009, 05:52 PM

One question, have you ever heard of a joke? :grr:

Hainan Hibs
25-11-2009, 06:16 PM
After his header lasy night I'm not so sure. Anyone could miss a sitter like that.

I've not seen it yet, if it was a howler on Kenny Miller level then I'll change my opinion:greengrin

Barney McGrew
25-11-2009, 07:20 PM

Oh ma sides!

Yep.

Sneak preview of tomorrow's poll:

Who would you rather have Stevie Naismith or Lionel Messi?

Again, the hun is expected to win.

TheMentalHibees
25-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Especially when weegies are involved.

They were all calling in predicting a Rangers win last night. Loved how Roughy said (whilst people were coming on saying 3-2 Rangers, 3-0 Rangers) "This is the same team that lost to that big team, Unirea, 1-4 at home? And the Sevilla score was... (Ewan tells him it was 4-0) and that was at home too. So you're telling me that this Rangers side that has conceded that many goals at home in the CL is gonna beat Stuttgart and possibly keep a clean sheet?"

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Boyd vs Torres in an ugly competition? :dunno:

rainman
26-11-2009, 06:11 AM
The only Boyd v Torres competition that I would want to back Boyd on would be a Pie Eating contest and even then I'm not convinced he wouldn't mess up his lovely new moustache by putting the pie over the open mouth.

I would also back Boyd in the "Having a dirty stinking Rangers face" competition

Delboy*
27-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Silly huns :rolleyes:

I scored 9 goals in an amatuer match at saughton a few years back.
I wonder if Liverpool would fancy a swop deal for me and Fernando with the Hibs.net team?

brog
27-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Torres even speaks better English than Boyd!! :wink:

Bad Martini
27-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Its like comparing a Lada to a Ferrari F40....and we all know how fast Boyd can shift (the pies) :faf::faf::faf:

ENDOF

--------
27-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Its like comparing a Lada to a Ferrari F40....and we all know how fast Boyd can shift (the pies) :faf::faf::faf:

ENDOF

Why not compare Torres with a striker with a bit more credibility - like Hurtado? Konte? Clum? :faf:

Bad Martini
27-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Why not compare Torres with a striker with a bit more credibility - like Hurtado? Konte? Clum? :faf:

It's rumoured Chuck Norris is feard of nothing and nobody but....Chuck Norris once admitted seing Konte or Hurtado on a fitba pitch scared him ****less.

If it's good enough for Chuck (who is, by definition and all accounts, stone radge), it's good enough for me.

:thumbsup:

--------
27-11-2009, 12:35 PM
It's rumoured Chuck Norris is feard of nothing and nobody but....Chuck Norris once admitted seing Konte or Hurtado on a fitba pitch scared him ****less.

If it's good enough for Chuck (who is, by definition and all accounts, stone radge), it's good enough for me.

That's probably the most succinct and most accurate assessment of Chuck's state on 'mind' I've ever come across, BM.

The only people radger than Chuck are Chuck's loyal and devoted fans, IMO.

Oh yes - and the remaining YambeLIEvers..... :devil:

Apropos the subject of the thread, I'd say that Torres' invalid granny's probably a better striker than Boyd.

Bad Martini
27-11-2009, 12:39 PM
That's probably the most succinct and most accurate assessment of Chuck's state on 'mind' I've ever come across, BM.

The only people radger than Chuck are Chuck's loyal and devoted fans, IMO.

Oh yes - and the remaining YambeLIEvers..... :devil:

Apropos the subject of the thread, I'd say that Torres' invalid granny's probably a better striker than Boyd.

Quality mate.

I do think Boyd can strike a ball but, within certain limits and indeed, that is about all he can do (regardless of what all the huns may say about him having "upped his game" which roughly translated means "less lazy fat arsed poaching").

All that said, Boyd is a hun, Torres plays for the second best team in the world. Nuff said.

ENDOF :thumbsup: