24-11-2009, 10:08 PM
What happened?

Normally he's pretty gracious in victory and defeat?? :confused:

Tricla
24-11-2009, 10:10 PM
What happened?

He was.

Then he got a big marker pen out, signed a few balls and preceeded to fire them high in to the crowd before walking off tossing his racket round.

:yawn:

Ed De Gramo
24-11-2009, 10:20 PM
He was.

Then he got a big marker pen out, signed a few balls and preceeded to fire them high in to the crowd before walking off tossing his racket round.

Whats wrong with that? :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
24-11-2009, 10:28 PM

It's as bad as getting your team to do a huddle after winning. :agree:

Sir David Gray
24-11-2009, 10:30 PM
He was.

That's what quite a lot of players do after a win. :confused:

It's strange that there are two threads on this forum, one slating one of the best sportsmen that this country has produced for quite some time and the other slating arguably the greatest tennis player of all time.

I suppose it's a typical British attitude. We'll get behind a glorious loser, as long as they lose with a smile on their face but we knock down anyone who oozes confidence and genuine world class ability.

Ed De Gramo
24-11-2009, 10:33 PM
It's as bad as getting your team to do a huddle after winning. :agree:

Not really...there wasn't any attempt to incite the crowd, he merely hit some souvenirs into the crowd...

Be a different story if the crowd were hostile towards him and he served an Ace into them

Danderhall Hibs
24-11-2009, 10:36 PM

It's strange that there are two threads on this forum, one slating one of the best sportsmen that this country has produced for quite some time and the other slating arguably the greatest tennis player of all time.

I suppose it's a typical British attitude. We'll get behind a glorious loser, as long as they lose with a smile on their face but we knock down anyone who oozes confidence and genuine world class ability.

I know what you mean. I usually like sportsmen that everyone else hates - usually they're the winners - but I just can't take to Federer at all. The stuff if the RF cardigan and trousers at Wimbleon and that, the guy just appears to be a tit IMO.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Not really...there wasn't any attempt to incite the crowd, he merely hit some souvenirs into the crowd...

Be a different story if the crowd were hostile towards him and he served an Ace into them

I don't think Celtc (for example) intended to incite the crowd either.

Ed De Gramo
I know what you mean. I usually like sportsmen that everyone else hates - usually they're the winners - but I just can't take to Federer at all. The stuff if the RF cardigan and trousers at Wimbleon and that, the guy just appears to be a tit IMO.

The cardie was quite funny :greengrin

sleeping giant

:tee hee:

marinello59
What happened?

He was.

Aye but then he mooned at everybody, told the aristocrats joke and sang the sash. FACT.:agree:

Ed De Gramo
24-11-2009, 10:37 PM

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

I don't think Celtc (for example) intended to incite the crowd either.

Perhaps but I think Uncle Tony knew what would happen and still went ahead with it

Tricla
25-11-2009, 08:03 AM

It's poncy

Tricla
25-11-2009, 08:06 AM

I wasn't slating him for his tennis and I actually respect him as the greatest there has ever been but the fact remains that he is a ponce.

Anyone with a guardsmans jacket with their initials on it is a bonefide ponce.

'Mon the Hibs
26-11-2009, 11:01 AM
He was.

So the tournament organisers encourage, as they do in a lot of other high profile events, gets arguably the greatest tennis player of all time to hit some signed balls in to the crowd for a souvenier.

i just dont understand what you are getting at?