PDA

View Full Version : Yams More unsubstantiated rumours of them going bust (merged)

jacomo
24-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Our mutual friend Shaun Lawson has revealed some of the chat going on behind the curtains on Kickback.

This was apparently posted in the members only area - don't know by whom and so no idea how valid it is. But it does seem to cast an interesting light on Lithuania's murky business affairs...

"An interesting take on the situation from someone I know who lives and works in the Baltic states;

I feel somewhat qualified to talk about Ukio from the point of view that a few years ago I was involved in an affair where a private bank in Germany were looking to buy a Baltic bank. I was approached to assist and went to Deloitte Touche's Baltic boss who was a pal of mine. He said that he had the perfect item — a Lithuanian bank which had been formed by a bunch of shady Kaunas "byiznyesmyen" to issue letters of credit and bank guarantees that they could not get from legit banks. The surprise for them was that as it was the only properly capitalised bank in Kaunas and the Kaunas-Vilnius divide is still strong then Kaunas locals stuffed their money into their local bank and the retail banking department had taken off. They had the desire to sell the bank as a going concern but when the Germans did the due diligence they discovered that there were all manner of things wrong. Deloitte Touche also admitted that they were finding all sorts of nonsense so the bank was taken off the market.

So everyone withdrew and it was with with much astonishment that I registered Vladimir Romanov touting himself around various clubs in Scotland before getting the nod at Hearts. A good number of you will know David Coutts (Dundee-Edinburgh-Tallinn) and he was instrumental in the courtship from Tannadice to East End Park to Gorgie.

So that is Ukio/UBIG put into a wee bit of perspective..

UBIG does not own Ukio Bankas. In fact by its own admission "UAB Ūkio banko investicinė grupė (ŪBIG) was established in Kaunas (Lithuania) in 1998 by AB Ūkio bankas to execute its investment activity." The manner in which the 2 entities have developed in parallel since that date is open to a great deal of conjecture which the Lithuanian financial regulatory authorities are themselves unclear about. The only thing that is crystal clear is that the Romanov family is the majority owner of both. The reporting dates for both companies are regularly missed or pushed back and in a more rigorous administration they would be far less leniently dealt with. But Lithuania cannot afford a scandal like that as the economy is already tottering on the brink without public acknowledgement of impropriety at the highest level in the banking sector. Or more accurately the government could not bear the political fallout of telling 15-20% of the electorate that their savings are toast.

So the 2 companies lurch on with some semblance of respectability intact because the Vilnius government is unable to act without signing its own death warrant.

And so to Scottish football where the see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil among the Hearts fans have become well-versed in Lithuanian company law and reinforce to everyone that what Ukio/UBIG is doing is entirely logical from an accounting and investment point of view. If only I could gain admittance to this nirvana where the only requirement for entry is neglect of the truth.

Hearts have no likelihood of trading anywhere as they see transfer income asset stripped away from the footballing side of the company.

Anyone who is acquant with the dealings of UBIG and Ukio will be keenly aware that the boards are perpetually engaged in firefighting as the companies lurch from one crisis to another. The one positive aspect, which is so completely ironic, is that the retail business of Ukio in Lithuania is remarkably solid.

I would entirely reemphasise my earlier: I find it bleeding miraculous that nobody in the press is comparing the levels of debt at these 2 clubs.

I don't know, but it's just possible that the Yambos have twigged Vlad might be up to no good. Don't expect them to do anything about it though...

Barney McGrew
24-11-2009, 02:17 PM
As soon as I started to read that it made me realize how good it was that he got punted from here.

He really is a boring, boring man

lapsedhibee
24-11-2009, 02:21 PM
I would entirely reemphasise my earlier: I find it bleeding miraculous that nobody in the press is comparing the levels of debt at these 2 clubs.

Which two clubs? :confused:

jacomo
24-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Shugster,

I'm not sure he wrote this... he's just posted it.

Long-winded I agree (a Yam trait?) but interesting nonetheless, if like me you delight in predicting the exact moment that the wheels finally come off.

Barney McGrew
24-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Long-winded I agree (a Yam trait?) but interesting nonetheless, if like me you delight in predicting the exact moment that the wheels finally come off.

:greengrin

I'm sure it has some interesting content, it's just that (as usual) with anything Shaun posts, I'd fallen asleep half way through it :cool2:

MacBean
24-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Shugster,

16th March 2011

jacomo
24-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Which two clubs? :confused:

Dunno... did he mean two companies? :dunno:

jacomo
24-11-2009, 02:29 PM
16th March 2011

Morning or afternoon?

:wink:

Hainan Hibs
24-11-2009, 02:36 PM
21 - 12 - 2012.

End of the World? Pure pish. The Mayan's had just predicted the End of the Yams. Fact:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
24-11-2009, 02:51 PM
"the chat going on behind the curtains on Kickback" - its just like the wizard of OZ?

"unable to act without signing its own death warrant" - A bit like the Hearts support then?

This was the guy who wrote a thesis about how Vlad was going to pull the wabbit out a hat and prove us all wrong the genius that he [Vlad] is...

The boy is from Cambridge IIRC and despite his commentary over the years only went to his first Tynie match this season !!! His affection strikes me as rather odd for someone who is that keen from afar without the traditional ties to the club but each to their own.

The same lad from Cambridge who has connections in Lithuania for top info on the Hearts saga - well connected or what?

Sergey
24-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Nothing new being said that hasn't already been discussed before, but I'd like to comment on this.

The manner in which the 2 entities have developed in parallel since that date is open to a great deal of conjecture which the Lithuanian financial regulatory authorities are themselves unclear about. The only thing that is crystal clear is that the Romanov family is the majority owner of both. The reporting dates for both companies are regularly missed or pushed back and in a more rigorous administration they would be far less leniently dealt with. But Lithuania cannot afford a scandal like that as the economy is already tottering on the brink without public acknowledgement of impropriety at the highest level in the banking sector. Or more accurately the government could not bear the political fallout of telling 15-20% of the electorate that their savings are toast.

This isn't actually true. Ukio do issue reports to the Baltic Exchange, and normally do so on time. UBIG, however, haven't issued a set of accounts since 2004. Even Hearts own auditors couldn't get access to the figures and subsequently couldn't sign off their accounts as a going concern.

I hope the author wasn't classifying Ukio in the "highest level" bracket of the sector. They were rated 7th highest in Lithuania and other banks have more in their petty-cash tin than Ukio is worth as a whole.

As for impropriety, it's already been proven that Ukio were guilty of money laundering and a substantial sum had to be paid back to the authorities.

jacomo
24-11-2009, 02:58 PM
"the chat going on behind the curtains on Kickback" - its just like the wizard of OZ?

"unable to act without signing its own death warrant" - A bit like the Hearts support then?

This was the guy who wrote a thesis about how Vlad was going to pull the wabbit out a hat and prove us all wrong the genius that he [Vlad] is...

The boy is from Cambridge IIRC and despite his commentary over the years only went to his first Tynie match this season !!! His affection strikes me as rather odd for someone who is that keen from afar without the traditional ties to the club but each to their own.

The same lad from Cambridge who has connections in Lithuania for top info on the Hearts saga - well connected or what?

I've edited the OP to make it clearer that these aren't SL's words, but something he copied and pasted (widely, hence why I have no hesitation in putting up here).

jacomo
24-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Nothing new being said that hasn't already been discussed before, but I'd like to comment on this.

This isn't actually true. Ukio do issue reports to the Baltic Exchange, and normally do so on time. UBIG, however, haven't issued a set of accounts since 2004. Even Hearts own auditors couldn't get access to the figures and subsequently couldn't sign off their accounts as a going concern.

I hope the author wasn't classifying Ukio in the "highest level" bracket of the sector. They were rated 7th highest in Lithuania and other banks have more in their petty-cash tin than Ukio is worth as a whole.

As for impropriety, it's already been proven that Ukio were guilty of money laundering and a substantial sum had to be paid back to the authorities.

True Sergey, but perhaps UKIO are still big enough to cause a wider scandal in the Lithuanian banking system - analogous to Northern Rock?

I think this post gives a possible reason why Vlad has been able to keep the plates spinning so long - his bank might be worthless, but it's in all his investors' and clients' interests to keep things schtum.

Therefore, Vlad can continue to extort money out of Hearts almost indefinitely. What he can't do is try and sell the club, because it would be clear that it is almost worthless - like all his other assets.

EskbankHibby
24-11-2009, 03:15 PM
True Sergey, but perhaps UKIO are still big enough to cause a wider scandal in the Lithuanian banking system - analogous to Northern Rock?

I think this post gives a possible reason why Vlad has been able to keep the plates spinning so long - his bank might be worthless, but it's in all his investors' and clients' interests to keep things schtum.

Therefore, Vlad can continue to extort money out of Hearts almost indefinitely. What he can't do is try and sell the club, because it would be clear that it is almost worthless - like all his other assets.

A point that even the most deluded jambos are now starting to realise.

They are in deep sheeeeeeite, happy to jump on the Vlad gravy train to try and fill this pathetic 'big team' coat that they try and wear but they will have to pay the piper sooner or later.

Don't want them to go out of existence but a massive dose of humble pie and relegation to division 3 would be my choice.

Oh, by the way, for any of our pink pals looking in..........................we told you so.

bighairyfaeleith
24-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Let me just reiterate that one

we told you so you thick yam in bred windae licking sex pests

:thumbsup:

Kato
24-11-2009, 03:34 PM
A "non-story", slow news day, have people nothing better to do than pick on Vlad, hobonomics, all big teams are owned by a bank who launder money, SFA conspiracy, Vlad drove a submarine so he knows what he's doing blahblahblahblahblabble............

Sergey
24-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Money laundering story for reference.

16 Million US and a Million Euro's (http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/finances/?doc=9258)

lapsedhibee
24-11-2009, 03:55 PM

16 Million US and a Million Euro's (http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/finances/?doc=9258)

Proof if any were needed that staff writers at The Baltic Course are, to a man, Hobos.

jacomo
24-11-2009, 03:59 PM

Oh dear.

I hope Vlad doesn't get a knock on the door late at night from some Nikolai Valuev lookalikes, asking for their money back.

Poor Roman will wee himself.

Phil D. Rolls
24-11-2009, 04:07 PM
If only I could gain admittance to this nirvana where the only requirement for entry is neglect of the truth.

Clearly not a Hearts fan then.

poolman
24-11-2009, 04:13 PM

Dundee Utd and Dunfermline must sigh with huge amounts of relief when they read stories like that

Then the Yams stepped in and couldny wait to bring him on board :greengrin

Sergey
24-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Dundee Utd and Dunfermline must sigh with huge amounts of relief when they read stories like that

Then the Yams stepped in and couldny wait to bring him on board :greengrin

I simply posted to pick holes in the OP.

To say, quote: "So the 2 companies lurch on with some semblance of respectability intact...." isn't really accurate and somewhat ill-informed.

In fact, it's utter tosh.

Golden Bear
24-11-2009, 04:29 PM

Thankfully the water is growing more murky by the minute.

Ain't it great to be a smug self righteous hobo!

Danderhall Hibs
24-11-2009, 04:34 PM
This was apparently posted in the members only area -

Magic. Good work from our undercover mod(s).

jacomo
24-11-2009, 04:35 PM
I simply posted to pick holes in the OP.

To say, quote: "So the 2 companies lurch on with some semblance of respectability intact...." isn't really accurate and somewhat ill-informed.

In fact, it's utter tosh.

Hmm.

Confiscating assets held in a bank is one thing - and does not necessarily mean the bank is unsound (dodgy Swiss bank accounts come to mind).

I am interested in the validity of the post above, but not sure how this makes the rest of the post "utter tosh". :confused:

Sergey
24-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Hmm.

Confiscating assets held in a bank is one thing - and does not necessarily mean the bank is unsound (dodgy Swiss bank accounts come to mind).

I am interested in the validity of the post above, but not sure how this makes the rest of the post "utter tosh". :confused:

To use phrases such as "without public acknowledgement of impropriety" and "respectability intact" when it's been reported in the media (and announced by Ukio themselves) that the bank in question are guilty of laundering Russian gains, isn't actually factual and is somewhat misleading.

I wasn't questioning the post as a whole, simply the inaccuracy of the wording and facts.

degenerated
24-11-2009, 04:49 PM

he should stick to posting his mobile number on public toilet doors and leave the posting of drivel about hearts to actual jamtards.

jacomo
24-11-2009, 04:55 PM
To use phrases such as "without public acknowledgement of impropriety" and "respectability intact" when it's been reported in the media (and announced by Ukio themselves) that the bank in question are guilty of laundering Russian gains, isn't actually factual and is somewhat misleading.

I wasn't questioning the post as a whole, simply the inaccuracy of the wording and facts.

Fine.

What about the wider point, about the efforts needed just to keep the businesses afloat? Any wider insight on that?

It seems to me that Vlad is just about managing to keep the plates spinning, but that huge repayment due from Hearts (£16-17m?) would appear to be a massive issue.

When that money doesn't show up in Lithuania - and how can it? - what will he do then?

Sergey
24-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Fine.

What about the wider point, about the efforts needed just to keep the businesses afloat? Any wider insight on that?

It seems to me that Vlad is just about managing to keep the plates spinning, but that huge repayment due from Hearts (£16-17m?) would appear to be a massive issue.

When that money doesn't show up in Lithuania - and how can it? - what will he do then?

Other that the playing staff, who command a nominal value, the only other asset they (HoMFC) have is the ground.

It's possible that UBIG could take control of the ground in lieu of the £17.6M as collateral and then lease Tynecastle back to to Hearts. They'll have gained an asset they don't currently (in name) own and generate another income stream.

That would be them staring into the abyss if that was to happen.

UBIG would then hold all the aces and have a chance to recoup a tidy sum.

Barney McGrew
24-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Other that the playing staff, who command a nominal value, the only other asset they (HoMFC) have is the ground.

It's possible that UBIG could take control of the ground in lieu of the £17.6M as collateral and then lease Tynecastle back to to Hearts. They'll have gained an asset they don't currently (in name) own and generate another income stream.

Unless they can miraculously come up with £17m from their church jumble sales and punting anything with value in the January window, then that's exactly what will happen.

And they can then add rent to the interest and player registration fees that are already winging their way to Lithuania.

Iain G
24-11-2009, 05:21 PM
16th March 2011

The morning of the 1st April 2010.... :wink:

Vlad rips off his latex mask to reveal he was the pieman all along...

Kaiser1962
24-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Shugster,

Actually, if the wheels come of the Lith companies it may just save the yams from oblivion which is as sure as night follows day on their present path.

Mibbes Aye
24-11-2009, 05:45 PM

Do we know for sure that Homfc are still the owners of the PBS at this point? :hmmm:

poolman
24-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Fine.

When is this payment due

Sergey
24-11-2009, 06:10 PM
When is this payment due

February 7th - 2010

Danderhall Hibs
24-11-2009, 06:14 PM
February 7th - 2010

That's my birthday. :pray:

Dashing Bob S
24-11-2009, 06:14 PM
February 7th - 2010

Now there's a cracking date for all our diaries!

It might be interesting to start a clock again.

I really can't see how they are going to get out of this one. I hope they won't be boring and negotiate an extension on the loan, seeing as they technically owe it to themselves? Or even write it off?

Interesting to think what steps Vlad, the other members of the Hearts board and the supporters will be compelled to take at that time.

Danderhall Hibs
24-11-2009, 06:16 PM

I really can't see how they are going to get out of this one. I hope they won't be boring and negotiate an extension on the loan, seeing as they technically owe it to themselves? Or even write it off?

Interesting to think what steps Vlad, the other members of the Hearts board and the supporters will be compelled to take at that time.

Signing the deeds to Tiny over to UBIG/Ukio/whoever they are is likely to be an option as well Although I don't think Tiny is worth £17.6m so I don't know what they'll do to make up the shortfall.

Dashing Bob S
24-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Signing the deeds to Tiny over to UBIG/Ukio/whoever they are is likely to be an option as well Although I don't think Tiny is worth £17.6m so I don't know what they'll do to make up the shortfall.

They might -whisper it- have to cut Christian's Burger King allowance.

Mibbes Aye
24-11-2009, 06:21 PM

Don't forget the man's a ballroom dancing champion.

Once again he'll do a financial quickstep and pasodoble all the way to the bank with the yams' cash, while they wonder where their sorry excuse of a football club has gone :agree:

matty_f
24-11-2009, 06:26 PM
With my sensible head on, I suspect that they might just get an extension on the repayment date.

However, it's Vlad we're talking about so i reckon he'll just bump the overdraft up another £17m, and pay the debt outright on his Switch card.

Dashing Bob S
24-11-2009, 06:46 PM
With my sensible head on, I suspect that they might just get an extension on the repayment date.

However, it's Vlad we're talking about so i reckon he'll just bump the overdraft up another £17m, and pay the debt outright on his Switch card.

I think so too. To be honest, I'm not so worried, as I'm rather enjoying the slow demise.

However, the one thing is that Vlad might fancy his chances of grabbing the land right now, while the market is depressed. I doubt it's worth that much more than 12 million just now - just a guess, so feel free to pick holes- and keep a hold of it till the upturn.

The problem here is that ST revenue and player sales barely seem to be keeping pace with the existing running costs and loan charges. Would they be able to make the rent to him for Tynecastle?

Maybe it's time he pulled the plug on the shabby enterprise. Ironically, the Jambos could make it happen by boycotting ST purchases. If that cash is being used to bail out other parts of his empire, they would force to get rid of the club as their would be nothing left in it for him. Oh, except, of course, the land!

Sergey
24-11-2009, 07:05 PM

That's an option, but is that in Vlad's best interests? Let's be honest, this now has sod-all to do with football and/or stadium redevelopment.

Increasing the loan terms at a higher % of repayment is one thing, but that doesn't really help UBIG if and when the plug is pulled. If relegation is on the cards, then income next season is drastically slashed, and any liquidation of HoMFC will go towards preferential creditors. UBIG subsequently take a hit that I'm sure Vlad won't expose himself to.

Moving the biggest asset to a company out-with the EU (UBIG have companies in many parts of the world) will asset-strip them of everything but the players and the tea lady.

Almost impossible to even track the money gravy train if that was the scenario.

The sad fact is, it's not even illegal.

Horse
24-11-2009, 07:15 PM
More conclusive evidence that UBIG are up the creek, there website is knackered, check it out:

http://www.ubig.lt/index.php?lang=2

That's how all big banks operate!

poolman
24-11-2009, 07:30 PM
More conclusive evidence that UBIG are up the creek, there website is knackered, check it out:

Ukio Bankas is still up tho :greengrin

http://www.ukiobank.co.uk/

Pedantic_Hibee
24-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Don't forget the man's a ballroom dancing champion.

Once again he'll do a financial quickstep and pasodoble all the way to the bank with the yams' cash, while they wonder where their sorry excuse of a football club has gone :agree:

Even then, I'm sure they'd still tell all and sundry that it's a non-story and that the club haven't disappeared, that they're merely hiding for a little while.

Let me make this clear - supporters of Hibernian Football Club would never, ever let this happen.

Sergey
24-11-2009, 07:41 PM

Pheckin' technical glitches around the time that the wages are due seems a common occurrence.

:agree:

Dashing Bob S
24-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Even then, I'm sure they'd still tell all and sundry that it's a non-story and that the club haven't disappeared, that they're merely hiding for a little while.

Let me make this clear - supporters of Hibernian Football Club would never, ever let this happen.

Are you suggesting we start a 'Save Our Yams' campaign? I'm all for it!

Sign me right up.

SAVE LOS YAMBOLINOS!!!!

Horse
24-11-2009, 07:45 PM

Sign me right up.

SAVE LOS YAMBOLINOS!!!!

We should maybe ask the Jambos at the next derby by singing "Shall we save your club for you?"

Twa Cairpets
24-11-2009, 07:49 PM

So it really is a case of "nothing to see here, move along now..."

Monts
24-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Just out of curiosity, in the unlikely event that the money due on 7th Feb was somehow paid, or even written off, what would that leave their total debt at? Under 20m?

ballengeich
24-11-2009, 08:12 PM
When Vlad took over Hearts had a large debt due to HBOS. Does anyone (eg Sergey) know how this was dealt with? Did HBOS get the money from Vlad or are they still owed? I can't remember reading any details.

Bostonhibby
24-11-2009, 08:37 PM

Sign me right up.

SAVE LOS YAMBOLINOS!!!!

:jamboak: ah but remember, a Yam is for life not just Xmas. I for one, am not having one.

scoopyboy
24-11-2009, 08:46 PM

I'm sure HBOS still retain an interest in the ground.

Barney McGrew
24-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Just out of curiosity, in the unlikely event that the money due on 7th Feb was somehow paid, or even written off, what would that leave their total debt at? Under 20m?

Unlikely.

They managed to make a profit of only £6/7m last year AFTER swapping £12m debt for equity and taking in another £10m or so in transfer fees.

So even in the unlikely case they wrote off the £17m, they'd still just about break even for the financial year and leave their debt where it is.

Also, they've still to even release their figures to the year end July 09, and that should see another hefty jump into the red.

ancient hibee
24-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Suspect the debt will be nearer £40M than £20M.

Hibbyradge
24-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Do we know for sure that Homfc are still the owners of the PBS at this point? :hmmm:

Vlad is the owner of the PBS.

IWasThere2016
24-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Suspect the debt will be nearer £40M than £20M.

Danderhall Hibs
24-11-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm sure HBOS still retain an interest in the ground.

I suppose none of us know what's going on - the accounts kind of cover some stuff but don't get signed off.

Roll on my birthday - last year they got papped out the Cup this year they go bust. :pray:

CyberSauzee
24-11-2009, 09:51 PM
When Vlad took over Hearts had a large debt due to HBOS. Does anyone (eg Sergey) know how this was dealt with? Did HBOS get the money from Vlad or are they still owed? I can't remember reading any details.

The debt was transferred to Ukio Bankas and UBIG. I'm not sure of the split, but a fair chunk went to UBIG rather than the plc.

Vlad basically coughed up around £5m (via UBIG) to buy shares in the football club and delist it from the LSE.

There's been steady asset stripping since then (remember the £9m for Gordon) that has found it's way back to UBIG's accounts, which means he's now paid nothing for the club. However the football club's debts are owed to companies he's heavily involved in, so as soon as he can get back the £20m debt on Hearts books when he took control, together with the £5m it cost him to get the club, he'll be looking at pure profit!

He reminds me of Robert Maxwell in a big way does Vlad.

ballengeich
24-11-2009, 09:56 PM
The debt was transferred to Ukio Bankas and UBIG. I'm not sure of the split, but a fair chunk went to UBIG rather than the plc.

Vlad basically coughed up around £5m (via UBIG) to buy shares in the football club and delist it from the LSE.

Thanks for the help, but was the debt to HBOS not a lot more than £5m? In that case HBOS would surely have needed rather more to allow the debt to be transferred, unless they retain an security for the remainder (like an interest in Tynie).

CyberSauzee
24-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the help, but was the debt to HBOS not a lot more than £5m? In that case HBOS would surely have needed rather more to allow the debt to be transferred, unless they retain an security for the remainder (like an interest in Tynie).

Sorry not very clear. £20m approx was the debt when Vlad took over. He would have paid about £5m in acquiring enough equity to take over the football club and delist it. Once he had control he (or rather Ukio and UBIG) paid off HBOS. They still use HBOS for their UK banking, as for some reason, Vlad and Ukio Bankas can't come up with sufficient guarantees for the Bank of England to make Ukio's UK arm operational.

ballengeich
24-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Sorry not very clear. £20m approx was the debt when Vlad took over. He would have paid about £5m in acquiring enough equity to take over the football club and delist it. Once he had control he (or rather Ukio and UBIG) paid off HBOS. They still use HBOS for their UK banking, as for some reason, Vlad and Ukio Bankas can't come up with sufficient guarantees for the Bank of England to make Ukio's UK arm operational.

OK, so that means that Vlad's operations forked out £20m to buy the club and pay off HBOS. However, he's got the land to cover a fair percentage of it and the transfer of money to Lithuania will have made him a bit. Makes more sense now. Thanks.

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2009, 10:22 PM
That's my birthday. :pray:

Its all our birthdays.:wink:

jacomo
24-11-2009, 10:28 PM
We should maybe ask the Jambos at the next derby by singing "Shall we save your club for you?"

Absolutely love it!

ScottB
24-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Personally I always thought the only reason they haven't yet slid into administration is because it would require many people with many fine toothed combs working their way through the wreckage.

MB62
25-11-2009, 09:07 AM
So HoMFC are due somebody £17m on February 7th 2010?

Why are they due this and to whom?

sadtom
25-11-2009, 09:19 AM
I think so too. To be honest, I'm not so worried, as I'm rather enjoying the slow demise.

However, the one thing is that Vlad might fancy his chances of grabbing the land right now, while the market is depressed. I doubt it's worth that much more than 12 million just now - just a guess, so feel free to pick holes- and keep a hold of it till the upturn.

The problem here is that ST revenue and player sales barely seem to be keeping pace with the existing running costs and loan charges. Would they be able to make the rent to him for Tynecastle?

Maybe it's time he pulled the plug on the shabby enterprise. Ironically, the Jambos could make it happen by boycotting ST purchases. If that cash is being used to bail out other parts of his empire, they would force to get rid of the club as their would be nothing left in it for him. Oh, except, of course, the land!

I've thought for a while that the hertz fans have been adopting the 'quicksand approach' - if they struggle they will go down quicker. They are lying as still as they can in the faint hope that some random passer by throws them a life line.

Phil D. Rolls
25-11-2009, 09:26 AM

I would certainly hope not, but just listen to some of the morons who come on here every time we have a bad run. They would bite off the hand of any "big businessman" (a bloke in a suit with minimal acne) who offered to turn things round. I'm sure we all remember how close Brian Kennedy was to getting his paws on Hibs.

IMO, that's why it's so important that everyone watches the meltdown at the PBS closely. The more visible it is, the harder it will be for our "business analysts" in the support to argue a case for a loony taking over.

Make no mistake, just as their are guys who appoint themselves club coach when they are sitting in the stand "Cam oan noo la-a-a-ddies, think aboot it....naw naw son, square baw yi've goat tae play it sqaure when yir in the hoe-al" - we also have guys who "work in finance" and can tell a good egg from a bad one. "I didn't get where I am today without knowing business/double glazing/submarine driving".

Just like the f*nnies at the PBS who organised the protests, welcomed Vlad wearing Russian hats, and generally made out they knew best; our guys will disappear like snow off a dyke the minute the solids hit the ventilation.

Peevemor
25-11-2009, 09:28 AM
So HoMFC are due somebody £17m on February 7th 2010?

Why are they due this and to whom?

Loan repayments to the parent company (UBIG).

bawheid
25-11-2009, 09:33 AM
I've thought for a while that the hertz fans have been adopting the 'quicksand approach' - if they struggle they will go down quicker. They are lying as still as they can in the faint hope that some random passer by throws them a life line.

Brilliant analogy. :hnet:

greenginger
25-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Loan repayments to the parent company (UBIG).

According to the 2008 accounts Page 21 there is a term loan of £12.3 million due to be repaid to the Ukio Bankas Group on 8th Feb 2010. The £2.3 million working capital loan has no fixed repayment date. The loans are secured on Tynecastle stadium.

This was the position at July 2008, I don't know of any changes or interest due since then.

TheMentalHibees
25-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Talk of a protest over on sackback to show Vlad what the Yams are all about.

Hibbyradge
25-11-2009, 08:32 PM
They won't.

MSK
25-11-2009, 08:34 PM
PMSL ..yams ...:lolyam::feed::protest::protest:

.Sean.
25-11-2009, 08:36 PM
They just wouldnt listen when Mad Vlad was ploughing cash into the team, would they?

But, and i love to say it... WE TOLD YOU SO :greengrin

If they're campaignig to get Vlad out, we should campaign for him to stay. Vlad MUST stay :faf:

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2009, 08:37 PM
They won't.

Great news, i wonder how long they will talk about this protest? Do they still have those tents?

surreyhibbie
25-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I can see a strongly worded letter coming...

W1nkers:greengrin

Barney McGrew
They won't.

They don't have the bottle.

NORTHERNHIBBY
Surely 13,500 in a ground that holds 18,000 and not long ago had a waiting list for seasons, means that they have already started?:titanic:

ronaldo7
25-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Shirley they've got to compose a strong letter by "t'committee", to then be signed off by the Roveristas with at least 6 badges on their blazers.

Nakedmanoncrack
25-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Shugster,

I do know who wrote the piece that was posted and he is entirely credible, this was originally posted to Scotland Supporters mailing list. Somebody has obviously then posted it on KB.

Sergey
25-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Just a thought, we could always hold a counter-protest.

:devil:

thekaratekid
25-11-2009, 08:46 PM
According to the 2008 accounts Page 21 there is a term loan of £12.3 million due to be repaid to the Ukio Bankas Group on 8th Feb 2010. The £2.3 million working capital loan has no fixed repayment date. The loans are secured on Tynecastle stadium.

This was the position at July 2008, I don't know of any changes or interest due since then.

That's my birthday :greengrin

clerriehibs
25-11-2009, 08:46 PM

what are they all about? bitterness? deludedness? uglyness?

surreyhibbie
25-11-2009, 08:48 PM
That's my birthday :greengrin

We could all be celebrating that day, mate :thumbsup:

fatbloke
25-11-2009, 08:48 PM

Steady on young Brian

If the natives are revolting....... well says it all..

MSK
25-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Cannae wait for this ..i can see 10 yam tramps at the back o the main cattle shed scrawling frantically on their placards wi their stolen crayons..whilst in the back ground 2 honking birds are slapping the heids off each other wi their Matalan handbags & pish stained jakey Foulkes slugs from his mad dog 20/20 bottle whilst tottering on his creaking soap box... :soapbox:...:protest:

Barney McGrew
25-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Cannae wait for this ..i can see 10 yam tramps at the back o the main cattle shed scrawling frantically on their placards wi their stolen crayons..whilst in the back ground 2 honking birds are slapping the heids off each other wi their Matalan handbags & pish stained jakey Foulkes slugs from his mad dog 20/20 bottle whilst tottering on his creaking soap box...

You forgot about Callum and Wullie kicking their russian hats down the street in a show of defiance

fatbloke
25-11-2009, 08:52 PM
We could all be celebrating that day, mate :thumbsup:

Then who exactly do i rip the pash out of then?

No Spud shaw, Nod Elliott, Jackie Lambert, Neil Smith or any other deluded individual to get into. i was happy at school back in 72,73:agree:

PatHead
25-11-2009, 08:54 PM
This could get even better. Last time they revolted (not that they aren't still revolting) they got Romanov. How can it get better?

BroxburnHibee
25-11-2009, 08:55 PM

Aye they'll get the FUD Lawson to write it - take Vlad all season to read it.

MSK
25-11-2009, 08:55 PM
You forgot about Callum and Wullie kicking their russian hats down the street in a show of defiance:greengrin

BroxburnHibee
25-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Cannae wait for this ..i can see 10 yam tramps at the back o the main cattle shed scrawling frantically on their placards wi their stolen crayons..whilst in the back ground 2 honking birds are slapping the heids off each other wi their Matalan handbags & pish stained jakey Foulkes slugs from his mad dog 20/20 bottle whilst tottering on his creaking soap box... :soapbox:...:protest:

Poundstretchers surely HH :confused:

surreyhibbie
25-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Aye, my fat friend, those were the days. Unfortunately there isn't a Jambo in sight doon here, although I played darts against a guy from Dalkeith the other night, I was wearing a Hibs t-shirt and he made no comment at all....:greengrin

We could always track them down on that friendsfacebook thingy and have a laugh....

fatbloke
25-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Aye, my fat friend, those were the days. Unfortunately there isn't a Jambo in sight doon here, although I played darts against a guy from Dalkeith the other night, I was wearing a Hibs t-shirt and he made no comment at all....:greengrin

We could always track them down on that friendsfacebook thingy and have a laugh....

I am sure that at this moment in time neither you nor I would be a welcome sight for them to see or bump into.:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Storar
25-11-2009, 09:08 PM
According to Kickback, they're not going to write a strongly worded letter or even use up all the ink in Ukio HQ...

this time they're going to do something REALLY terrible to get their point across.....

In order to properly vent our current disatisfaction at the state of affairs within HMFC we need a song.

To Protest Properly they're going to sing to Vlad & Co :hilarious

truehibernian
25-11-2009, 09:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKe2OfXLxuc

Mikey
25-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Do they still have those tents?

One of the funniest points in their recent history.........

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/spl/Unhappy-campers-at-Tynecastle.2489559.jp

degenerated
25-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Great news, i wonder how long they will talk about this protest? Do they still have those tents?

never mind the tents, i wonder what happened to all the wedge that was raised by save our hearts.

probably funded plent of junkets to lithuania and dancing whores for the bunterish lickspittles that ran it :agree:

Hiber-nation
25-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Whatever happened to these 2 would-be saviours of the club - Wullie the Bathgate haulage contractor and Eddie the plumber fae Easthooses? Surely they will be throwing their Russian hats into the ring?

PC Stamp
25-11-2009, 09:19 PM
According to Kickback, they're not going to write a strongly worded letter or even use up all the ink in Ukio HQ...

this time they're going to do something REALLY terrible to get their point across.....

:singing: :music: We all live in a Baltic submarine, a Baltic submarine, a Baltic submarine ..... :music: :singing:

marinello59
25-11-2009, 09:39 PM

Rehearsals are not going well.

Yams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rhBWUJPbqI)

Storar
25-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Rehearsals are not going well.

Yams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rhBWUJPbqI)

Things seem to be going a bit better for the lads in the Central African Hearts Supporters Branch:agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5U-0wMhnNg

lyonhibs
25-11-2009, 09:48 PM

I suspect the fact that Vlad speaks about 6 words of English, and those words being "No, f*** off you Yam fuds", has not occurred to the Gorgie Male Choir.

I expected co-ordinated choral renditions of "Ugggg nnnaaaa fuuuccckkknaaaa Hobo basssaaaaas" to ring out from all 2 and a half stands of Hearts fans.

That will really put the frightners up a owner who won't be watching, listening or even remotely caring.

:faf:

Mike777
25-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Things seem to be going a bit better for the lads in the Central African Hearts Supporters Branch:agree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5U-0wMhnNg

You got the lyrics to that song? :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
25-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Disgusting behaviour from the Yams - how soon they forget what Mr Romanov has done for them. They were nothing before he took the reigns, now look at them.

If I were Vladimir Romanov i'd walk away from those scabby ingrates.

As a Hibs fan I can only hope he remains at Tynecastle for a few more years. The job is only half done, in my view.

Minder
25-11-2009, 10:45 PM
You got the lyrics to that song? :thumbsup:

You might like this - genuine South African act called Jambo !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9VKZkViO38

Next release is called past, present and the future.

Minder
25-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Whatever happened to these 2 would-be saviours of the club - Wullie the Bathgate haulage contractor and Eddie the plumber fae Easthooses? Surely they will be throwing their Russian hats into the ring?

There was also the fat newsagent fi Pilton... think his name was China. He was the hat kicker at their AGM a while back. If he sells more rolls he could be a dark horse for a buy out.

PatHead
25-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Looked at Sergie's link to the bank. Anyone else notice the photo of 2 "great" Scottish institutions. Fuds and Huns. Imagine modelling yourself on your bankcrupt cousins. Probably got more debt between them than the RBS!

Danderhall Hibs
26-11-2009, 07:41 AM

They don't have the bottle.

They won't.

Well they did protest to get Robinson out and all turned out well there so who knows they might have another go at it. :tee hee:

Mikey
26-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Well they did protest to get Robinson out and all turned out well there so who knows they might have another go at it. :tee hee:

:smokin

joe breezy
26-11-2009, 07:43 AM
I might protest by wearing a Russian hat to the derby

hibbymac
26-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Protest has started at inverleith, ..... Botanical Gardens, .... but then gives himself up.

Botanic Gardens protest. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRSCiIxZtEQ&feature=related)

Kaiser1962
26-11-2009, 09:09 AM

What a glorious picture you paint

EskbankHibby
26-11-2009, 09:52 AM
:agree:, Strongly worded letter delivered to Tynecastle by a boy who has just jumped out a Rover with loads of keys on a keyring outside his trousers wearing a cardigan, fully badged with a white polo shirt underneath.

That's the only effective way to deal with an errant owner who your really angry with...............who is in Lithuania.

That or a song of course.

Seen one of these before you yam fuds?
http://www.safety.duke.edu/Ergonomics/Images/Stretches/spine.gif

Chuckie
26-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Which one of these handsome, erudite chaps will be orator ?

http://www.jutarnji.hr/-ocekujemo-poraz--ali-vise-od-utakmice-zanimaju-nas-vase-zene--/306901/

(click video link)

Hank Schrader
26-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Does anybody have the photo of those ugly jambo hatkickers outside Tynecastle blootering those Russian hats up and down the place?

Or even a video? It was very funny :greengrin

Chuckie
26-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Does anybody have the photo of those ugly jambo hatkickers outside Tynecastle blootering those Russian hats up and down the place?

Or even a video? It was very funny :greengrin

One of the best words ever.

:not worth

KeithTheHibby
26-11-2009, 11:18 AM

You need a bit of bottle and backbone which doesn't apply to that support.

Vlad has been pumping them from behind for 4 years now and they hae done heehaw about it, why should it change now?

Jack
26-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I think we should all write a letter to agent Vlad telling him what a wonderful job he’s doing and not to listen to these dissenting voices as they are only a minority.

Phil D. Rolls
26-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Is this becoming more and more like "A Few Good Men"?

Fuds: Mr Romoanov, we protest about the way the club is being run.
Vlad: Duly noted, now let's move on.
Fuds: But your excellency, we strongly protest.
Sir Vlad: Oh you strongly protest, in that case let's see what we can do to sort that.

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2009, 12:01 PM
How soon they forget.

Pieman built three new stands, bought them a Scottish Cup win against the Huns and increased the debt from 10 m to 20 m = villain.

Vlad bought them a million pound cardboard box with an application for a new stand, a Scottish Cup penalties win over Gretna and increased the deby from 20m to 40 m = hero.

(to us anyway.)

Phil D. Rolls
26-11-2009, 12:48 PM
How soon they forget.

Pieman built three new stands, bought them a Scottish Cup win against the Huns and increased the debt from 10 m to 20 m = villain.

Vlad bought them a million pound cardboard box with an application for a new stand, a Scottish Cup penalties win over Gretna and increased the deby from 20m to 40 m = hero.

(to us anyway.)

Typical wee team thinking. That is OK for the likes of us, but slim pickings to football's aristocracy.

--------
26-11-2009, 12:57 PM
One of the funniest points in their recent history.........

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/spl/Unhappy-campers-at-Tynecastle.2489559.jp

Mikey, I may be missing something here.

We gonnae have a dozen unshaven, unwashed Jambos, living in tents on the pavement in Gorgie, shouting incomprehensible slogans and singing loudly and untunefully in their usual guttural Gorgie fashion, nourishing themselves from time to time from dark green bottles with bright orange labels.

How's anyone going to know that's a protest?

Isn't that how the majority of Jambos live day to day anyway? :cool2:

smurf
26-11-2009, 01:48 PM
I spoke to a Yam shareholder last week. An older chap who obviously was reasonably financially comfortable. A big Yam fanatic who was respectful of us... He told me that the expectation amongst the sharehoders outside Romanov is that they will go bust one way or another before the end of 2010.

What they are not sure off is just what Romanov's plan is..... However, they really are scared...

I almost felt for them...:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
26-11-2009, 01:51 PM
I spoke to a Yam shareholder last week. An older chap who obviously was reasonably financially comfortable. A big Yam fanatic who was respectful of us... He told me that the expectation amongst the sharehoders outside Romanov is that they will go bust one way or another before the end of 2010.

What they are not sure off is just what Romanov's plan is..... However, they really are scared...

For guys like him it must be like when Mr. Toad came back to Toad Hall and found the weasels had taken over.

Exiled Hibby
26-11-2009, 01:52 PM
While we are enjoying a good laugh at the big team, what would it be like if the doomsday scenario happened and they did a Gretna.

I have to admit I would miss them. I love the tension of derby games, love the feeling of beating them more than any other team including the bigot brothers, and love the winding up you can only get from genuine rivals.

I live near Aberdeen now and, for all they claim to have derbies with the Arabs, and hate games with the Huns, both those teams probably view the Dons as a bit of an irrelevance due to their own rivalries with their own neighbours.

I think we need to urge the jambos to wake up, stop deluding themselves and see that the Emporor Vlad has no new clothes - he's in the scud.

Life just wouldnt be as much fun without our deluded neighbours to laugh at.

BTW I fully expect that I am in a minority on this point

Phil D. Rolls
26-11-2009, 01:58 PM
While we are enjoying a good laugh at the big team, what would it be like if the doomsday scenario happened and they did a Gretna.

I have to admit I would miss them. I love the tension of derby games, love the feeling of beating them more than any other team including the bigot brothers, and love the winding up you can only get from genuine rivals.

I live near Aberdeen now and, for all they claim to have derbies with the Arabs, and hate games with the Huns, both those teams probably view the Dons as a bit of an irrelevance due to their own rivalries with their own neighbours.

I think we need to urge the jambos to wake up, stop deluding themselves and see that the Emporor Vlad has no new clothes - he's in the scud.

We've been urging them to see sense for years. We begged them to come off the smack, we tried everything we knew to get them to see sense. It just hasn't been any use at all. Their delusion was too great.

Now we must stand back and watch them die a slow death from their addiction to grandiosity. We must hear their cries of pain, and - despite knowing that we could not save them - we will still ask, "could we have done more".

I'm in bits, I really am. And if there's a smile on my face, it's only to keep the horrible truth from them, let them think that there is still hope, even though that flew home many years ago.

:boo hoo:

Sunny1875
26-11-2009, 01:59 PM
I too would miss Hertz

once i had got my laughter under control i might even send condolences to some of my mates who had followed the former big club.

got the wreath on order

jam tarts :bye::bye:

1950's hibbie
26-11-2009, 02:02 PM
The problem I have with a team going belly up is the damage to local business and the staff, not including the playing staff. The loss of jobs and loss of revenue that a sports team creates on game days can be very damaging to other business and may be the lifeblood that maintains the revenue and jobs. In todays economy any business that creates jobs is a boon, even if it is something you within reason hate.

'Mon the Hibs
If they 'did a gretna', I for one would be pretty happy.

Let them suffer in the lower tiers of Scottish football for a few seasons :greengrin

They won't go completely out of business, and missing 5 years of derbies wouldn't bother me that much.

MSK
If you had asked me a few years ago i would have supported a fight to save them ...

Now ..i hope they drown in their own pish ..never have i despised a club as much as i do hearts..Champions league football ..gonna take over the world..buy world cup stars..build a £51m spanking new stand..400,000 fans ...etc etc etc etc ...:blah::blah::blah:

The fact of the matter is ..the majority still believe in vlad ..they still think he is gonna pull the rabbit from the hat !!!

Never have i met or read about a more deluded bunch of head in the sand muppets as those from the big pink barn ..

Long may ye rot !!! :bye:

Andy74
26-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Sorry but our genuine observations were chucked back at us and even now they still can't seem to see it.

We were just jealous and bitter remember?

Wee team, 108 in a row, 22 in a row, diddy cups...aye, I'd miss them greatly.

Hope they die and die very soon.

--------
26-11-2009, 02:11 PM
:hmmm:

:bitchy:

magpie1892
26-11-2009, 02:13 PM
I agree. I wouldn't like to see them disappear altogether, but it would be a lot of fun to see them do a Livingston, lose Tynecastle and play at Murrayfield in front of 4,000.

...which isn't at all fanciful, as VR has got them totally by the short and curlies.

They are too big a side (400,000 supporters, remember) to go to the wall and disappear. Even Airdrie rose from the ashes and Gretna are up and running again IIRC.

Relegation (this season, at any rate) is, I think, too much to hope for. Sadly.

What they need (and who doesn't?) is someone to buy the club but the chances of that happening are very slim indeed with a £40m debt and a turnover of well under a quarter of that. The hun can't find a buyer, so there's not much hope for HoMo FC.

Happy days ahead, no doubt whatsoever. You can, at long last, see the penny dropping on brokeback, which makes for compulsive reading day-in, day-out. As recently as a few weeks ago the usual suspects were on there giving it: 'we can still make third place no bother' and of course the 'how many points will we finish ahead of Hibs' thread has become overnight legend, but no more; they know how far up **** creek they are.

Marvellous.

andudare2
26-11-2009, 02:14 PM
If you had asked me a few years ago i would have supported a fight to save them ...

Now ..i hope they drown in their own pish ..never have i despised a club as much as i do hearts..Champions league football ..gonna take over the world..buy world cup stars..build a £51m spanking new stand..400,000 fans ...etc etc etc etc ...:blah::blah::blah:

The fact of the matter is ..the majority still believe in vlad ..they still think he is gonna pull the rabbit from the hat !!!

Never have i met or read about a more deluded bunch of head in the sand muppets as those from the big pink barn ..

Long may ye rot !!! :bye: i most definately concur with these sentiments. yam fuds to a man!. :notworthy:

Twa Cairpets
26-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Oh come on now.

Even from a purely selfish piint of view, surely we need them to survive if only to win any future World War single-handedly?

Phil D. Rolls
26-11-2009, 02:15 PM
The problem I have with a team going belly up is the damage to local business and the staff, not including the playing staff. The loss of jobs and loss of revenue that a sports team creates on game days can be very damaging to other business and may be the lifeblood that maintains the revenue and jobs. In todays economy any business that creates jobs is a boon, even if it is something you within reason hate.

You have to wonder how much business they bring into that bit of Edinburgh. Robertson's Bar (formerly the Green Tree if you've been away a while). Lies empty, surely if there was any money to be made, a pub next to the stadium would do well.

Agree, I'm not sure if it was Phil calling us the Docksiders, Vlad sticking his fingers down his throat at Sunshine on Leith, or the constant calling us Wee that did it. It could have been that stupid poster outside the Diggers "The Diggers Welcomes George", or it might have been the sycophantic "Mr" Romanov this, "Mr" Romanov that, or maybe it's the Heart and Soul of Edinburgh pesh, or even the "what did you do in the war daddy" stuff.

One thing is for sure, at some point in the last ten years, that lot disappeared up their own jacksies, and thought they were above everyone else. Now they whine "what else could we do", when the answer was transparent - take a reality check, clear your debt, move on.

Sad to say they were within a fag paper's breadth of doing that when the pieman was there. But no, they had to listen to a bloke telling them about Pleasure Island, where all boys have fun every day. Completely oblivious to those donkey's ears they were growing.

Keith_M
26-11-2009, 02:20 PM
I for one would prefer to see them survive, if only for all of the decent, level-headed Hearts fans out there that don't indulge in bigoted songs, don't go on about 107 years, 22-in-a-row, 'Wee Team - Wee Cup', Champions League in 3 years, jealous Hobos, 400,000 fans, etc, etc.....

Aw, C'mon, there must be some! Surely?

:dunno:

--------
26-11-2009, 02:22 PM
You have to wonder how much business they bring into that bit of Edinburgh. Robertson's Bar (formerly the Green Tree if you've been away a while). Lies empty, surely if there was any money to be made, a pub next to the stadium would do well.

Agree, I'm not sure if it was Phil calling us the Docksiders, Vlad sticking his fingers down his throat at Sunshine on Leith, or the constant calling us Wee that did it. It could have been that stupid poster outside the Diggers "The Diggers Welcomes George", or it might have been the sycophantic "Mr" Romanov this, "Mr" Romanov that, or maybe it's the Heart and Soul of Edinburgh pesh, or even the "what did you do in the war daddy" stuff.

One thing is for sure, at some point in the last ten years, that lot disappeared up their own jacksies, and thought they were above everyone else. Now they whine "what else could we do", when the answer was transparent - take a reality check, clear your debt, move on.

Sad to say they were within a fag paper's breadth of doing that when the pieman was there. But no, they had to listen to a bloke telling them about Pleasure Island, where all boys have fun every day. Completely oblivious to those donkey's ears they were growing.

Me too, FR. Once upon a time, I might have had some sympathy for them.

But nowadays they're more obnoxious than the OF.

Bring it on. Let 'em rot. :agree:

--------
26-11-2009, 02:24 PM

I hope - I DO hope - he's right.

And I hope they enjoy it when it happens. :devil:

Phil D. Rolls
26-11-2009, 02:28 PM
I for one would prefer to see them survive, if only for all of the decent, level-headed Hearts fans out there that don't indulge in bigoted songs, don't go on about 107 years, 22-in-a-row, 'Wee Team - Wee Cup', Champions League in 3 years, jealous Hobos, 400,000 fans, etc, etc.....

Aw, C'mon, there must be some! Surely?

:dunno:

They are the silent majority who stood up to the maddos in the support I take it. The ones that said, "go back to Russia with your fairy stories you charlatan. And as for you there with your beaver on the head, you are not fit to be a Jambo".

I think I met one once.

Me too, FR. Once upon a time, I might have had some sympathy for them.

But nowadays they're more obnoxious than the OF.

Bring it on. Let 'em rot. :agree:

I don't want them to go under. That's a romantic easy way out, I want them to face the music in D3.

Woody1985
26-11-2009, 02:31 PM

To be fair, the proper Hearts supporters I know, refuse to go anymore and give Vlad and the whole sham their money. These are guys that have had STs since they were wee laddies and are now in their mid 20s. One of my uncles is the same.

It's a little bit annoying now because you can't even wind these guys up because they have genuinely lost interest. When Vlad first came along there was a bit of banter and they would try to rip me for being a Hibby and how good they were etc.

Now they don't even try to give any stick back. Sort of takes the fun out of ripping jambos you know.

Out of interest, does anyone have jambo mates that still genuinely think that they'll be okay, are half decent etc i.e. not fuds on the messageboard over the road?

magpie1892
26-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Out of interest, does anyone have jambo mates that still genuinely think that they'll be okay, are half decent etc i.e. not fuds on the messageboard over the road?

I've got a number of 'seasoned' jambo mates in their 30s and 40s who are all really top guys and, though they still go, accept that the end is nigh.

I just don't bother ripping them any more.

MSK
26-11-2009, 02:39 PM
To be fair, the proper Hearts supporters I know, refuse to go anymore and give Vlad and the whole sham their money. These are guys that have had STs since they were wee laddies and are now in their mid 20s. One of my uncles is the same.

It's a little bit annoying now because you can't even wind these guys up because they have genuinely lost interest. When Vlad first came along there was a bit of banter and they would try to rip me for being a Hibby and how good they were etc.

Now they don't even try to give any stick back. Sort of takes the fun out of ripping jambos you know.

Out of interest, does anyone have jambo mates that still genuinely think that they'll be okay, are half decent etc i.e. not fuds on the messageboard over the road?I have two Brothers in Law who are die hard jambo's & i had many years of good fun & banter going to games wi them throughout the years..they are as far as sensible yams go...sensible yams ..they dont go in for all this guff, however the majority of yams i have spoken to..colleages etc are in the Vlad camp ..they cant see past the man ..he is their saviour etc etc ..:blah::blah:

So ..in that context ..

I hope they rot !!!

Sunny1875
26-11-2009, 02:48 PM
watch for lots of hearts assets going out the exit door in January

with the way they have been performing I am sure that huge sums can be asked for some of thier squad.

The Gunman .....about £1.5M
Fat dancer .......about £400K
Ginger pest ...... about £1M..... if anyone will take him
English Driver ....about £2M
wage thief number one ...about £1.3M
burger bin .........about 1 goal

and the future of the club
Gary Glen .........about £250K
Jamie Mole....... about 150K
craig Thompson ..about 200K

With the outstanding youth accademy they dont own and the stalled conveyor belt of young talent they have waiting in the wings ready to compete in the 1st division next season the future is a warm rosey pink for those of a jambo persausion.

Also for sale ....
Job lot of Boxes used once to store plans
Fax machine .....
empty hotel rooms
and empty promises

Oh its great to support a wee team

magpie1892
26-11-2009, 02:55 PM
watch for lots of hearts assets going out the exit door in January

with the way they have been performing I am sure that huge sums can be asked for some of thier squad.

The Gunman .....about £1.5M
Fat dancer .......about £400K
Ginger pest ...... about £1M..... if anyone will take him
English Driver ....about £2M
wage thief number one ...about £1.3M
burger bin .........about 1 goal

Gary Glen .........about £250K
Jamie Mole....... about 150K
craig Thompson ..about 200K

With the outstanding youth accademy they dont own and the stalled conveyor belt of young talent they have waiting in the wings ready to compete in the 1st division next season the future is a warm rosey pink for those of a jambo persausion.

Also for sale ....
Job lot of Boxes used once to store plans
Fax machine .....
empty hotel rooms
and empty promises

Oh its great to support a wee team

Gary Glen would command a fee not in excess of £60.

Saorsa
26-11-2009, 02:57 PM

:jamboclow + :trumpet: + :ostrich: + :vladsheep: = :******: + :brokenyam: = :bye:

**** the ****** :agree:

:bye:

--------
26-11-2009, 03:17 PM

They are the silent majority who stood up to the maddos in the support I take it. The ones that said, "go back to Russia with your fairy stories you charlatan. And as for you there with your beaver on the head, you are not fit to be a Jambo".

I think I met one once.

So do I. Probably the same one.

There aren't that many of them about.... :rolleyes:

I don't want them to go under. That's a romantic easy way out, I want them to face the music in D3.

Once I thought that too, FR - let 'em go into administration, drop down the leagues, lose the ground and end up playing in Livingston in D3.

But why should Livingston (or anywhere else, come to that) have to put up with the 'faithful remnant' infesting THEIR community?

And we'd have all the 'Save our Hearts' guff, and how they're 'The Team That Wouldn't Die', and so on.

They'd come back - eventually - even more obnoxious than they are now (and yes, I DO believe that that's possible - a Yam's capacity for obnoxiousness is truly infinite). Time for them to die, slowly, painfully, and humiliatingly.

(I'll happily make space in the diary to do the funeral. :devil: )

Sunny1875
26-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Is this becoming more and more like "A Few Good Men"?

Fuds: Mr Romoanov, we protest about the way the club is being run.
Vlad: Duly noted, now let's move on.
Fuds: But your excellency, we strongly protest.
Sir Vlad: Oh you strongly protest, in that case let's see what we can do to sort that.

More like the wizard of OZ

wizard "Hearts will never be practical, until they are made unbreakable."

and we all know they are very breakable like a wooden ship being dashed upon the rocks of financial mis-managment

Steve20
26-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Would love to see them gone forever. However, it wont happen.

Mon Dieu4
26-11-2009, 03:42 PM
STF could step in & we could "merge" :devil:

lapsedhibee
26-11-2009, 03:52 PM
:jamboclow + :trumpet: + :ostrich: + :vladsheep: = :******: + :brokenyam: = :bye:

Much mathematics can be elegant, but a yamathematical equation like that is a thing of sheer joy. :agree:

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2009, 04:01 PM
C'mon chaps, just because fan power saved our modest little club, there's no reason to think it would work with one of Europe's most gargantuan outfits.

They are quite right to fall on their swords rather than take the embarrassing tumble down the divisions.

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2009, 04:06 PM
The Gunman .....about £1.5M -yes
Fat dancer .......about £400K - ha ha ha ha. £100,000 would be a result.
Ginger pest ...... about £1M..... if anyone will take him - ha ha ha £250,000 tops
English Driver ....about £2M -yes
wage thief number one ...about £1.3M ha ha ha £500,000 tops.
burger bin .........about 1 goal - yes, no fee

Gary Glen .........about £250K - £100,000 tops
Jamie Mole....... about 150K - possible
craig Thompson ..about 200K - I'd say £300,000. A decent prospect.

Jack
26-11-2009, 04:22 PM
I've got a number of 'seasoned' jambo mates in their 30s and 40s who are all really top guys and, though they still go, accept that the end is nigh.

I just don't bother ripping them any more.

My Jambo ST friends are a bit older but basically the same as yours. Discussing football is met with a shrug of the shoulders and a tint of green envy :greengrin when I prattle on about how glorious the Hibees are and how exciting it is.

There's no fight in them any more a lot of the fun has already gone.

lucky
26-11-2009, 04:29 PM
I would rather they kept stumbling along for another few years running up massive debt unable to buy anyone then go into administration and get relegated to D3. I think administration is the only way out of it for them.

But lets be honest they will survive. But why worry about them they don't care about us

MON THE HIBS

Woody1985
26-11-2009, 04:35 PM
STF could step in & we could "merge" :devil:

:faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf:

degenerated
26-11-2009, 04:38 PM
i'm enjoying their demise far too much to want it to end just yet, so lets hope for something long and painful that perhaps involves syphilis as well :greengrin

Sunny1875
26-11-2009, 04:46 PM
just what I suspect the yams to expect in fees for the players follow this link to see what they are supposed to be worth

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/verein/43/heart-of-midlothian-fc/uebersicht/startseite.html

now that is yamenomics

Nade 380 K :faf:

Love the Green
26-11-2009, 04:46 PM

NO! NO! NO! To much stress at these games..get rid of them forever just to prove they are not a BIG team..they are a cancer inour game so let's get rid of them...

"keep the faith":wink:

hibbybrian
26-11-2009, 04:59 PM
now that is yamenomics

Nade 380 Kg :faf:

sounds about right :wink:

Sean1875
26-11-2009, 05:19 PM
I wouldnt want them to go completely, just drop down a few leagues and that would suit me nicely :agree:

Kaiser1962
26-11-2009, 05:32 PM

Have to agree with that FR. When the Pieman was taking them under I am afraid I did have a modicum of sympathy but since Romanov.....No. Years and years they went on about how Farmer was shafting us etc etc etc when its them that are under the spell of the most ego centered buffoon ever and the best bit is that they now realise this and there is hee haw they can do about it.

Hainan Hibs
26-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Save the Hertz? Taking the ****ing piss?

99% of them couldn't have given a monkeys when Mercer tried to kill us off.

And do the Yams deserve any help from the way they acted these past few years? Big Team, docksiders, future Champions league winners, world cup stars destined for Tynecastle..

They were not caring one bit about what Romanov was doing, and still the majority of them think they are destined for Champions League glory.

They are complete clowns, each and every one of them, and I hope that piss poor excuse of a club goes to the wall and we never have to put up with them again.

And breathe:greengrin

Minder
26-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Always change mind re needing the fuds. At least they need the mother of all lessons, the fright of their lives. Last minute job saving them from extinction but down to D3 and a new Asda at Tynecastle. Would we as a club be stronger without them? Not sure.

Silver Fox
26-11-2009, 06:04 PM
There was also the fat newsagent fi Pilton... think his name was China. He was the hat kicker at their AGM a while back. If he sells more rolls he could be a dark horse for a buy out.

:top marks :faf:

I don't see an orderly queue forming to purchase a stake or a buy out at the pbs anytime soon.
:dummytit:

Kato
26-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Sorry but the whining is bad enough now, imagine what it's going to be like when the reality of their plight starts kicking in "Poor us, we're a big team, help us, for the good of football."

Well for the good of football I hope they plummet down the Leagues - if that means their demise there's nothing I'm willing to do or say to help them.

Their bed, they can lie in it.

Sergey
26-11-2009, 06:14 PM
I liken the Yams financial plight to that game where you stretch a tissue over a glass and place a coin in the centre, and then burn the tissue with a cigarette, trying not to make the coin fall. The tensions holding the coin up are constantly readjusted in a way that is impossible to measure or predict, but I think that the next burn and the penny might finally drop, so to speak.

Phil D. Rolls
26-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Sorry but the whining is bad enough now, imagine what it's going to be like when the reality of their plight starts kicking in "Poor us, we're a big team, help us, for the good of football."

Well for the good of football I hope they plummet down the Leagues - if that means their demise there's nothing I'm willing to do or say to help them.

Their bed, they can lie in it.

That's Rangers isn't it?

PatHead
26-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Don't want them to disappear soon. 20 years in the wilderness with a couple of back to back 7 nils or should it be nil 7s? At least 23 unbeaten derby games in a row and then relegated to D3 or lower, eventually dying a slow death.

Haven't gone too far have I?

heretoday
26-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Always change mind re needing the fuds. At least they need the mother of all lessons, the fright of their lives. Last minute job saving them from extinction but down to D3 and a new Asda at Tynecastle. Would we as a club be stronger without them? Not sure.

That's right. A sharp shock and a lesson in humility would do them the world of good.

A lot of their fans would defect to Rangers after a ritual bonfire of maroon golf sweaters in the Tynie carpark.

EasterRoad4Ever
26-11-2009, 06:36 PM

This is the only practical outcome. They are so deep in debt and heading nowhere fast - other than downwards - that they really NEED to go bust in order to start the rebuilding process. But be in no doubt, the great and the good of Edinburgh will not let their football team languish for long. The council and Scottish Exec will be lobbied and WILL take every measure possible to bail them out. While we might relish the idea of them scraping the bottom of the 2nd Div for a few year or worse, this will simply not be allowed to happen.

Yams have played a one way bet with Romanov - if his master plan had worked- and it was the only option on the table at the time - they win. If he fails spectacularly, the Edinburgh money men bail them out. No risk play. Galling, but there you have it.

Big Frank
26-11-2009, 07:34 PM
This is the only practical outcome. They are so deep in debt and heading nowhere fast - other than downwards - that they really NEED to go bust in order to start the rebuilding process. But be in no doubt, the great and the good of Edinburgh will not let their football team languish for long. The council and Scottish Exec will be lobbied and WILL take every measure possible to bail them out. While we might relish the idea of them scraping the bottom of the 2nd Div for a few year or worse, this will simply not be allowed to happen.

Yams have played a one way bet with Romanov - if his master plan had worked- and it was the only option on the table at the time - they win. If he fails spectacularly, the Edinburgh money men bail them out. No risk play. Galling, but there you have it.

I personally dinnae agree with that.

Who are these " Edinburgh money men" you allude to ?
Who are the "great and the good".?

Who on the council could bail out these yammish?? This is a council who havnae got a bolt. Aint NO WAY t the yams can get anything from them:agree:

They go to the scottish exec?? A national body helps THEM and they HAVE to help everyone!

They are donald ducked, and this whole "proud institution" guff spouting by yer gary mackays and pishpants foulkes disnae wash wi' anyone ootside the fantasy world they live in.

**** Hertz.

We own the capital.

johnrebus
26-11-2009, 07:34 PM

Who exactly are the Edinburgh money men ?

They have been conspicuous in their absence up until now .......,

:confused:

Mikey
26-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Who exactly are the Edinburgh money men ?

They have been conspicuous in their absence up until now .......,

:confused:

Indeed. There are plenty of better clubs than Hearts struggling to find a buyer. Rangers for one.

Vlad aint selling though. He's not finished with them yet :wink:

JohnnyHibby
26-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Lets be honest they would not care if it was us.......

Remember the smug looks and boasting...............

Not needing us as they had moved onto bigger things.
The boasts of world cup stars.
The boasts of Champions League.

Come on we all remember the boasts and the taunts.....

I remember them well so all I can say is.........

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Rory89
26-11-2009, 08:04 PM
This thread is a bit of a cliche.

I've heard all the stuff about 400,000 fans, Champions League football, Hearts having massive debt etc on here a million times. Why don't we just concentrate on the fact that they are absolutely rank, and a complete embarrasment. IF the day comes and they go to the wall, by all means lets all laugh like crazy.

Untill then, we should concentrate on being Edinburgh's number 1 team and just laugh at their results.

IWasThere2016
26-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Indeed. There are plenty of better clubs than Hearts struggling to find a buyer. Rangers for one.

God Bless Him! :greengrin

CentreLine
26-11-2009, 09:14 PM

:agree: We need each other IMHO too just like the biggot brothers need each other

woody47
26-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Personally I wouldn't give a flying ferk if they went tits up.

Sick to death of the BS that they have been spouting recently with the empty seats and big team cr@p. Also their arrogance just bores me to death. Would serve them right if they did end up like Gretna. Can't really see it happening though but would be funny :greengrin

--------
26-11-2009, 09:33 PM
:agree: We need each other IMHO too just like the biggot brothers need each other

Don't think so.

We could operate much more effectively as THE Edinburgh football team.

It would take a few years, but if we played our cards right and made a real effort to get the schoolkids onside, ten years after their disappearance we could very well have a secure position with fans from all parts of the city.

--------
26-11-2009, 09:39 PM

He's having too much fun.

He's going to make them suffer. :devil:

mully_bear
26-11-2009, 09:41 PM
saw the thread(s) about demise of hearts etc.

thes best think for me is the do go bust, lost all their players, reform in the 3rd division THEN.......

we draw them in the scottish cup and win about 10 - zip :)

YAS

500miles
26-11-2009, 09:49 PM
A couple of seasons in the lower teirs of Scottish football and a lot of the diddies who indulge in the delusional nonsense will drift away to the next "big thing". You will then be left with the hard core, and everyday Jambos who are, overall, a fair bunch.

JKB isn't a fair reflection of the Hearts support. It's little more than a creche for the bewildered and unaware.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-11-2009, 09:56 PM
A couple of seasons in the lower teirs of Scottish football and a lot of the diddies who indulge in the delusional nonsense will drift away to the next "big thing". You will then be left with the hard core, and everyday Jambos who are, overall, a fair bunch.

JKB isn't a fair reflection of the Hearts support. It's little more than a creche for the bewildered and unaware.

:top marks

truehibernian
26-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Have to say as much as I love seeing them pumped time and time again, we do need Hearts in and around the same league to keep the rivalry and impetus going. Not only are there potentially four derbies in the season, but the added weekly incentive of being placed above them, or pulling away from them. And yep, I like going to the boozer with my mates, mostly Hibees with the occasional token Yambolino, and having a good day of banter either way. Most of the Hearts fans I socialise with are decent spuds who are realistic about their situation (and ours). I have however never ever felt the need to go onto their chatroom or fans forums. I would happily settle for them to stay in the SPL, but regularly bottom 6 and crowds dwindling. It is their chronic dress sense, lack of social skills and poor basic hygiene that needs urgently addressed however :agree: They do smell !

barcahibs
26-11-2009, 10:11 PM
A very good friend of mine is one of the now semi mythical 'decent' jambos, a top bloke and a real football supporter. He was suspicious of Romanov from day one - and although he lorded it up when Burley looked like he might actually take them places, who here would have done anything different as a Hibby?

I had some great times winding him up once it became clear just what Vlad was but, as others have mentioned of their friends, as the months passed the fight slowly went out of him til now he goes to the games more out of habit than anything else and doesn't even try to offer up a defence anymore. I genuinely feel for him, I remember how I felt during the mercer years.

There WERE hearts supporters who stood up for us during the mercer takeover. A man and his two kids sat along from me at the Usher Hall in their hearts tops and two jambos took me to the rally at Easter Road as my dad was busy behind the scenes. They may have been few in number but they existed. For them and for my buddy I'd be willing to return the favour.

There is also, IMO, a real argument that hearts should be saved for our own reasons.

What does the greatest game in history mean without hearts fans to remind of it? What was our best score against Third Lanark? Anyone feel like making a banner or a song about it?
Who is Dunfermline's fattest striker? Could anyone be bothered winding up the Falkirk support about their Summer signings? If St Johnstone signed a player from the Spanish waiters third division select side then I doubt I could work up the energy to care.
We need hearts, they help define us - even if its just as something to point at and say "We're everything they're not".

For anyone still unconvinced, try this wee exercise. Next time you see the highlights of a hearts game on tv watch as the camera pans across the stands. In between the empty seats you'll see a collection of people (or at least something similiar to people). Look at them closely. Try not to have nightmares, but really study them.

Now reflect that, when searching for a team to support in their formative years, if it weren't for the existence of hearts some of those people would have found their way to Easter Road.

We want them in that bus shelter. We need them in that bus shelter.

Mind you I wouldn't mind them kicking about in the third division for a while. I'm no a saint.

magpie1892
26-11-2009, 11:19 PM
A very good friend of mine is one of the now semi mythical 'decent' jambos, a top bloke and a real football supporter. He was suspicious of Romanov from day one - and although he lorded it up when Burley looked like he might actually take them places, who here would have done anything different as a Hibby?

I had some great times winding him up once it became clear just what Vlad was but, as others have mentioned of their friends, as the months passed the fight slowly went out of him til now he goes to the games more out of habit than anything else and doesn't even try to offer up a defence anymore. I genuinely feel for him, I remember how I felt during the mercer years.

There WERE hearts supporters who stood up for us during the mercer takeover. A man and his two kids sat along from me at the Usher Hall in their hearts tops and two jambos took me to the rally at Easter Road as my dad was busy behind the scenes. They may have been few in number but they existed. For them and for my buddy I'd be willing to return the favour.

There is also, IMO, a real argument that hearts should be saved for our own reasons.

What does the greatest game in history mean without hearts fans to remind of it? What was our best score against Third Lanark? Anyone feel like making a banner or a song about it?
Who is Dunfermline's fattest striker? Could anyone be bothered winding up the Falkirk support about their Summer signings? If St Johnstone signed a player from the Spanish waiters third division select side then I doubt I could work up the energy to care.
We need hearts, they help define us - even if its just as something to point at and say "We're everything they're not".

For anyone still unconvinced, try this wee exercise. Next time you see the highlights of a hearts game on tv watch as the camera pans across the stands. In between the empty seats you'll see a collection of people (or at least something similiar to people). Look at them closely. Try not to have nightmares, but really study them.

Now reflect that, when searching for a team to support in their formative years, if it weren't for the existence of hearts some of those people would have found their way to Easter Road.

Mind you I wouldn't mind them kicking about in the third division for a while. I'm no a saint.

Superb comment.

Moulin Yarns
27-11-2009, 05:19 AM
In the news today, the oil rich country of Dubai is in deep financial do do, so what chance has Lithuania :cool2:

IWasThere2016
27-11-2009, 06:03 AM

Great post - genuine and sincere :agree: but NAH! F THEM!

I predict they'll be out of the SPL by end of 2010/11 either by relegation or going bust. Although it could be win:win by one bringing about the other :greengrin. That would be bliss IMHO

Kaiser1962
27-11-2009, 06:34 AM
Have to say as much as I love seeing them pumped time and time again, we do need Hearts in and around the same league to keep the rivalry and impetus going. Not only are there potentially four derbies in the season, but the added weekly incentive of being placed above them, or pulling away from them. And yep, I like going to the boozer

Have to say Dundee Utd are doing ok with Dundee having been in the 1st for yonks now. That is if you ignore that fud McGhee who thinks they should merge. That would be the same Dundee Utd. who by winning their game in hand would go top of the league and are well ahead of a very poor Dons team.
Thanks for the insight Mark.

Judas Iscariot
27-11-2009, 08:21 AM

Good crack aye :smokin

FFupper
27-11-2009, 08:46 AM
In the news today, the oil rich country of Dubai is in deep financial do do, so what chance has Lithuania :cool2:

Dubai isn't as oil rich as it once was, most of it's main revenue comes from tourism, real estate and finacial services (maybe not now though!).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubai

Bostonhibby
27-11-2009, 08:50 AM

I can see what you're saying and if I was pushed to admit it , I might settle for years in the wilderness to teach the deluded a bit of humility,for all the reasons you give above.

But I do think now is not the time to show the slightest semblance of sympathy, in my view, in terms of Whalearse's attempts to obliterate us there is no comparison betwen the stage they have reached at the PBS and where we found ourselves before any Yams that I know were doing anything other than gloating. RemeMber this was about wiping us out, not having a laugh whilst we got trolleyed by some pub teams in the Borders premier division (North) before eventually emerging debt free in the higher divisions again.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-11-2009, 08:51 AM
I personally dinnae agree with that.

Who are these " Edinburgh money men" you allude to ?
Who are the "great and the good".?

Who on the council could bail out these yammish?? This is a council who havnae got a bolt. Aint NO WAY t the yams can get anything from them:agree:

They go to the scottish exec?? A national body helps THEM and they HAVE to help everyone!

They are donald ducked, and this whole "proud institution" guff spouting by yer gary mackays and pishpants foulkes disnae wash wi' anyone ootside the fantasy world they live in.

**** Hertz.

We own the capital.

Whatever Motherwell did. That's probably what'll happen.

Wayback when before I got tired of speculating it seemed to me that...

Vlad settled on Hearts because of their predicament and getting ties in with the money/property men with Hearts ties. If they do well he bails out for a princely sum; if it goes South he has them by the short and curlies plays a war of attrition with them and is ultimately bailed out. Side benefit was to have been the benefit to his bank. Cunningly he also got the Vladsheep to attend matches at Murrayfield. Therefore took the sting out of any potential other moves. Plunging property prices hit any plan to sell off Tynie tho and the financial crisis stadium redevelopment.

Where next? The game of brinkmanship continues...

brog
27-11-2009, 09:02 AM

Great post, I wouldn't go so far as to say we need them but we would miss them. Like everyone I loathe their conceit & delusion but there are many decent jambos out there just as there are, I'm sorry to say, some Hibs supporting buffoons. My whole opinion of wee fat Robbo changed overnight when he had the courage & integrity to defy his boss, stand on the Usher hall stage & support Hands off Hibs.
Relegation to D3 would do me.

sambajustice
27-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Man United were doing alright when Man City were in the 2nd division for years on end, Aston Villa do alright when Birmingham aren't in the Premiership. Nottingham Forest and Notts County...

I dont think we'd need the Hertz!

HOMFC going bust with a reformed Hertz FC plying their trade between the 2nd and 3rd divisions would do me nicely.

Dunno where they'd play, wouldnt care tbh!

--------
27-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Have to say Dundee Utd are doing ok with Dundee having been in the 1st for yonks now. That is if you ignore that fud McGhee who thinks they should merge. That would be the same Dundee Utd. who by winning their game in hand would go top of the league and are well ahead of a very poor Dons team.

Thanks for the insight Mark.

And if Dundee had actually gone to the scrapyard and United had had the town to themselves for the past few years, maybe they'd be doing even better.

I don't any longer believe in these mythical 'decent Jambos'; maybe they WERE around 20 years ago, but they've been conspicuous by their silence (and absence from view) these past few years - oddly, since Romanov appeared at Tynie, Anderton came out with the 'Docksiders' jibe, and we became 'the Wee Team' etc, etc.

They're taking up space and investment some of which at least would be available to our club if they were gone. They're a joke in football, and the longer they're around without final closure, the bigger that joke becomes. IMO they're dragging the rest of us down with them - what investor's going to take any Scottish club seriously while the Tynecastle Panto runs and runs?

Maybe what the rest of Scottish football needs is a really big crash - one of the big names going down, never to return. Maybe that's what's needed to concentrate minds to the point where the powers-that-be and everyone else do what Hibs and one or two others are doing - put their houses in order financially, organisationally, and ethically.

I can't honestly think of a better candidate than the Root Vegetables.

Nothing would become their life so much as the leaving of it.... :devil:

blackpoolhibs
27-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Death as quickly as possible please. A one team city would be great for us, maybe not straight away, but new fans would only have one local team to support, and the benefits are huge.

MB62
27-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Message to Special Agent Vlad, Head of SOE,

Job only half done, keep working away in the background. You are doing a grand job and we should be able to get out by end of 2010. :thumbsup:

--------
27-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Death as quickly as possible please. A one team city would be great for us, maybe not straight away, but new fans would only have one local team to support, and the benefits are huge.

It might also make it easier for Edinburgh District Council (in time, I know) to actually support its local football club....

--------
27-11-2009, 09:40 AM
BTW - does anyone really think that when Romanov appeared and started talking Champions' League, the Yambos were only thinking about their team becoming successful? About a greater and more intense rivalry across the city? About jolly banter in the pubs with their Hibee pals? Wishing us well as they went off down the yellow-brick road to see the Wizard?

Naw, actually.

They were thinking about their team becoming the only team in Edinburgh - the scenario was that they would become major players in Europe, up there with Manchester Utd, Bayern Munich, and Barcelona, and we would gradually shrivel up and die.

That's the vision Anderton and Foulkes and Deans and Mackay (and every other Jambo around at the time) bought into, guys. Hearts BIG, Hibs GONE.

Sympathy for the Yams? Aye, right. Donate your life-savings to Celtic or Rangers while you're at it. :bitchy:

scoopyboy
27-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Don't usually post rumours on this sort of thing but I can't resist today.

A Jambo I work beside who is well acquanted with an ex chairman, sponsors and well known fans told me there is some really bad news due out of Tynecastle today.

He wouldn't elaborate, possibly because he didn't know but is not the type to make things up.

I wonder if it might have something to do with Campbell Ogilvie.

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 11:14 AM

A Jambo I work beside who is well acquanted with an ex chairman, sponsors and well known fans told me there is some really bad news due out of Tynecastle today.

He wouldn't elaborate, possibly because he didn't know but is not the type to make things up.

The only bad news for the Yams concerning Ogilvie would be if he stayed in post as it would mean that another puppet is continuing to draw a salary for doing SFA.

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 11:17 AM
It might also make it easier for Edinburgh District Council (in time, I know) to actually support its local football club....

Can't see a permanent demise for Los Yambolinos, as they have too big a fan base for that to happen. I can see many years in the wilderness of Scottish Football; homeless, groundsharing, debt-ridden and cruising the lower leagues for a good few years.

Mikey
27-11-2009, 11:19 AM
There's a thread over the road discussing Driver's injury. Looks like it could be long term. That's a pile of cash they won't be getting in January :wink:

DaveF
27-11-2009, 11:43 AM
There's a thread over the road discussing Driver's injury. Looks like it could be long term. That's a pile of cash they won't be getting in January :wink:

Shame.

They may need to organise pre and post Christmas jumble sales to cover the loss in sales :greengrin

Jack
27-11-2009, 11:44 AM

That’s a shame because if he was fit the likelihood of him being sold in the fireball must have been pretty high and would have been yet another sign to the measly yams that their club was well and truly ...... and that even more dire football was likely to come their way. £2 or £3 million is neither here nor there in relation to their overall position.

If he’s still there, there will be hope. Hope for the club as a [w]hole and of him coming back and them once again being a genuine threat for 3rd place. :yawn:

I would rather tynie was a sort of ‘Abandon hope all ye who enter’ type place.

--------
27-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Shame.

They may need to organise pre and post Christmas jumble sales to cover the loss in sales :greengrin

Clum's going to do a Sponsored Topless Disco Dance. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
27-11-2009, 11:46 AM

It would explain why they've moved Lee Wallace into pole position. I saw he had to "deny" links to Ipsiwch and someone else this morning.

Obviously the bald guy in Costa has sorted him out.:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
27-11-2009, 11:47 AM

Does he know why they're holding on to it until the day before a game? Do they have Friday press conferences? I thought it was on a Thursday.

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Poor Driver is turning into a bit of a sicknote. If they can't sell Wallace in the window they could be toiling for ready cash in the new year.

Merry Christmas Los Yambolinos!

scoopyboy
27-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Does he know why they're holding on to it until the day before a game? Do they have Friday press conferences? I thought it was on a Thursday.

It may be that the monthly paid staff get paid on the last Friday in the month.

No money to pay them.

It may be nonsense and no truth whatsoever but as I said earlier the guy has contacts within HOMFC circles and is a decent bloke.

Time will tell.

Sergey
27-11-2009, 12:10 PM

If previous experience is anything to go by, those pesky technical glitches always occur on the last Friday of the month.

EskbankHibby
27-11-2009, 12:21 PM

No money to pay them.

It may be nonsense and no truth whatsoever but as I said earlier the guy has contacts within HOMFC circles and is a decent bloke.

Time will tell.

:pray:
How funny would this be?

Desperately hawking cheap seats/free seats for St. Johnstone game if you buy a cardigan at the club shop and they can't meet their outgoing obligations.

It's only November as well.

Rory89
27-11-2009, 12:38 PM
As has been said before one of the biggest things in footbal is rivalries, I wouldn't like the idea of being a pointless club like Aberdeen who nobody really cares about.

If (hypothetically speaking) Hearts were to completely go out of business, two things could happen. We could grow as a club over time what with us being the only team in a city the size of Edinburgh, and challenge Rantic regularly. If this happened as you can imagine I'd be OK with that. :wink:

Or...

Things would be exactly the same, only we'd have no derbies to look forward to and no rivals to laugh at. Maybe a few years in the first for them is the best outcome. Would I go to a "Hands off Hearts" rally? Would I *****.

Danderhall Hibs
27-11-2009, 01:16 PM

No money to pay them.

Time will tell.

:pray: That would be nice. Great motivation prior to the relegation 6 pointers they have coming up.

As has been said before one of the biggest things in footbal is rivalries, I wouldn't like the idea of being a pointless club like Aberdeen who nobody really cares about.

Lets make our derby v Aberdeen then. Sorted. :greengrin

Mikey
27-11-2009, 01:29 PM
I see they're opening up a bar at Tynie on match day. A bit like Hibs have done for years :wink:

They're charging £2 entry though :Romanov:

:lurksub:

--------
27-11-2009, 01:36 PM
I see they're opening up a bar at Tynie on match day. A bit like Hibs have done for years :wink:

:lurksub:

And £5 to get back out again.

:monkey:

MSK
27-11-2009, 03:04 PM

:lurksub:I wonder what they will splash out the £30 takings on then..:jamboak:

Tramps ..

new malkyhib
27-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Message to Special Agent Vlad, Head of SOE,

Job only half done, keep working away in the background. You are doing a grand job and we should be able to get out by end of 2010. :thumbsup:

You're a cruel man Mikey - but i'm loving your work:faf:

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Come on everybody, roll up. Why not take another pathetic cheap shot at Hearts? Makes you feel good, does it? Gives your pathetic lives some kind of substance? Don't mind the rest of us. Feel free to have a go. Kick a club when they are down. Laugh at them as they engage in this three-way battle between relegation, administration and extinction. Enjoy the hollow mirth at their demise. Dance. Laugh. Drink. Celebrate. Mock.

I prefer the more insincere path and limit myself to a dignified "I love the rivalry of the clubs in Edinburgh, and it would be such a tragic shame in anything happened to Hearts.":fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::f ibber::fibber::fibber::fibber

Big Frank
27-11-2009, 08:40 PM
They should take an axe to their wee wooden hut/stand, and make a huge bonfire. Its wouldn't help their finances, but a bonni is a bonni.:cool2:

Pedantic_Hibee
27-11-2009, 08:42 PM
They should take an axe to their wee wooden hut/stand, and make a huge bonfire. Its wouldn't help their finances, but a bonni is a bonni.:cool2:

Sheeeeeeeeeeeite doesnae burn though? :confused:

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Right you bucks, blades and damsels, enough frippery and tomfoolery! Lets have a sweep on when Los Yambolinos will officially explode.

I will go for the 22nd of March, 2010.

Bostonhibby
27-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Fire? Dodgy insurance claim? surely not. big team, HUGE bank, nae need what with the new stadium in the pipe line ..........

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Come on everybody, roll up. Why not take another pathetic cheap shot at Hearts? Makes you feel good, does it? Gives your pathetic lives some kind of substance? Don't mind the rest of us. Feel free to have a go. Kick a club when they are down. Laugh at them as they engage in this three-way battle between relegation, administration and extinction. Enjoy the hollow mirth at their demise. Dance. Laugh. Drink. Celebrate. Mock.

I prefer the more insincere path and limit myself to a dignified "I love the rivalry of the clubs in Edinburgh, and it would be such a tragic shame in anything happened to Hearts.":fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::fibber::f ibber::fibber::fibber::fibber

Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob.........

"I love the rivalry of the clubs in Edinburgh". Yes you do. And so do I.

Bostonhibby
27-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Right you bucks, blades and damsels, enough frippery and tomfoolery! Lets have a sweep on when Los Yambolinos will officially explode.

2nd April 2010

BenjiOscar
27-11-2009, 09:43 PM
2nd April 2010

1st February 2010 as Hertz are unable to sell any of their 'stars' so no money comes in during the transfer window.

lapsedhibee
27-11-2009, 11:11 PM

No money to pay them.

Time will tell.

Saturday now, so ...

Mad Lithuanian Upstart 1, Pegsellers 0. :boo hoo:

Hibby70
28-11-2009, 08:36 AM

thats my birthday! -just told my other half not to bother with a present, they'd be no need.

bighairyfaeleith
28-11-2009, 08:46 AM
1st april 2010 - Well they are fools :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
28-11-2009, 09:30 AM
:pray:
How funny would this be?

Desperately hawking cheap seats/free seats for St. Johnstone game if you buy a cardigan at the club shop and they can't meet their outgoing obligations.

It's only November as well.

This guy I know (it's not me, honest) had to visit their wee toilet of a club shop yesterday as xmas is coming and I (I mean he) had to buy a gift for someone I know. Anyway, the place was *****ing freezing, not saying Hearts can't afford the fuel, but my mate thinks they can't.

By the way, that half Hearts, half Scotland number they brought out is truly hideous, cheap cheap material and retails at £30.(At least that's what my mate says).

bighairyfaeleith
28-11-2009, 09:31 AM
This guy I know (it's not me, honest) had to visit their wee toilet of a club shop yesterday as xmas is coming and I (I mean he) had to buy a gift for someone I know. Anyway, the place was *****ing freezing, not saying Hearts can't afford the fuel, but my mate thinks they can't.

By the way, that half Hearts, half Scotland number they brought out is truly hideous, cheap cheap material and retails at £30.(At least that's what my mate says).

I hope your mate used a wire brush afterwards

Kaiser1962
28-11-2009, 09:39 AM

Rumours are he is moving on at a reduced up front fee with a follow on payment after he has proved his fitness. Sort of "sold as seen" really.

only a rumour mind.................

Kaiser1962
28-11-2009, 09:43 AM

Is that not going to have to be replaced some time soon?

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Is that not going to have to be replaced some time soon?

By a £51 million stand. Money's no object to them. If they build it themselves they would only owe it to themselves.

Greenblood70
28-11-2009, 09:49 AM
I ****in' hate the *******s. Hoping for the slowest , most painful death possible. The deluded, spineless gimps deserve everything coming to them and more.

A fair proportion will switch their allegiance to Rangers which says everything about them imo.

**** 'em.