PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Bamba and the window

mjhibby
24-11-2009, 08:41 AM
A wee birdie was telling me last night that bamba will be away either in january or the summer and for a fee far higher than most would expect.This would explain why yogi has got and is getting decent funds to improve the team.Also the icelandic boy is one of a number of centre halfs we have been looking at as the bamba deal is as near as damn it a done deal.He apparently prefers the centre half position which is why he has been playing there and the wee disagreement he had with hughes was about him going into midfield.
I would think blackburn are the favourites to sign him although bolton could also be in the frame having played both of them preseason and him looking the part against them.Only problem with the transfer is the african nations cup and how far ivory coast go.But if they are knocked out early(unlikely)then we could see a lot of movement in and out of er.Barr is all but a done deal but should bamba go then we could be looking at least another 3 players in(possibly arfield) and of course a few leaving.Should be a very interesting january.:greengrin

CorrieHibs
24-11-2009, 08:51 AM
A wee birdie was telling me last night that bamba will be away either in january or the summer and for a fee far higher than most would expect.This would explain why yogi has got and is getting decent funds to improve the team.Also the icelandic boy is one of a number of centre halfs we have been looking at as the bamba deal is as near as damn it a done deal.He apparently prefers the centre half position which is why he has been playing there and the wee disagreement he had with hughes was about him going into midfield.
I would think blackburn are the favourites to sign him although bolton could also be in the frame having played both of them preseason and him looking the part against them.Only problem with the transfer is the african nations cup and how far ivory coast go.But if they are knocked out early(unlikely)then we could see a lot of movement in and out of er.Barr is all but a done deal but should bamba go then we could be looking at least another 3 players in(possibly arfield) and of course a few leaving.Should be a very interesting january.:greengrin

Don't think it will be in Jamuary with the African Nations on. Think it will be in July when the world cup is finished and Rod has listened to all offers. How much are people expecting? I would expect £1.5Million for him.

ahibby
24-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Looking at the players he is with in his national side, I would hazard a guess at atleast twice that amount considering he doesn't look out of place in that team. The term 'undisclosed sum' may well be used this time:wink:

H18sry
24-11-2009, 08:56 AM
How much are Dunfermline due when we sell him on?

Hibster
24-11-2009, 09:01 AM
30% is the figure I read on here last week

Hope we get a lot more than 1.5 mil for him.

hibbytam
24-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Unless it's a silly offer, hibs would be wise to hold onto him until atleast after the world cup, and the 'de la Cruz' effect.

PeeJay
24-11-2009, 09:21 AM
I find it really difficult to believe all these figures being bandied about for Bamba of 1.5 million and upwards. He's hugely overrated, but hey if anybody is prepared to pay such a fee take the money and run is what I say! I saw him against Germany recently and he looked very much the least accomplished of all the players in the IC team. While I think he's a good player he has so many rough edges about him and I do wonder why his development is not progressing as fast as I would have imagined - maybe it's to do with the SPL, maybe? I really don't think Hibs would miss him too much if he leaves - I'm not against him staying with us or even against him per se - it's just if he really wants to go and there's big money on the table for him we should get on with it.

Dashing Bob S
24-11-2009, 09:23 AM
A wonderful thread title, sounds like something you'd read to small children at bedtime.

ahibby
24-11-2009, 09:34 AM
I find it really difficult to believe all these figures being bandied about for Bamba of 1.5 million and upwards. He's hugely overrated, but hey if anybody is prepared to pay such a fee take the money and run is what I say! I saw him against Germany recently and he looked very much the least accomplished of all the players in the IC team. While I think he's a good player he has so many rough edges about him and I do wonder why his development is not progressing as fast as I would have imagined - maybe it's to do with the SPL, maybe? I really don't think Hibs would miss him too much if he leaves - I'm not against him staying with us or even against him per se - it's just if he really wants to go and there's big money on the table for him we should get on with it.

I think his knee injury is preventing him from giving of his best but for a CH his aerial combat in the box isn't all that great and I think that is one of his weaknesess. However he has produced some great tackles in midfield to stifle breaks this season and for me that's when he looks at his best. His knee problem is probably holding him back a bit.

Jim44
24-11-2009, 10:06 AM

:agree: I think Bamba is generally a decent player who, in normal circumstances, would yield a fairly good return in a transfer to England (Rantic couldn't afford this). However the fortunate circumstances of his involvement in a successful World Cup and African Nations Cup team with a plethora of great players around him has certainly raised his stock and profile but not to the extent imagined by a lot of Hibs supporters. I don't think English clubs will be over-imrpressed by his International status and we might end up disappointed by the relatively modest fee, we eventually get for him. :dunno:

Expecting Rain
24-11-2009, 10:11 AM

I`m in total agreement with you as regards how overrated he is, he`s one of our better players but he`s also very hit and miss.:agree:

Dan Sarf
24-11-2009, 10:21 AM
A wonderful thread title, sounds like something you'd read to small children at bedtime.

I miss-read it as "Bamba and the WIDOW"!

wazoo1875
24-11-2009, 10:37 AM

Just saw this thread and thought the same thing Bob :greengrin

Jack
24-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Looking at the players he is with in his national side, I would hazard a guess at atleast twice that amount considering he doesn't look out of place in that team. The term 'undisclosed sum' may well be used this time:wink:

Well I'll start the bidding at £8,000,000, with add ons :greengrin

Didier Drogba 31,150,000
Yaya Touré 18,690,000
Kolo Habib Touré 18,690,000
Salomon Kalou 13,350,000
Romaric 13,350,000
Didier Zokora 8,010,000
Bakari Koné 7,565,000
Abdul Kader Keita 7,120,000
Emmanuel Eboué 6,230,000
Gervinho 5,340,000
Guy Demel 5,340,000
Seydou Doumbia 5,340,000
Jean-jacques Gosso 4,005,000
Arthur Boka 3,115,000
Abdoulaye Méïté 2,848,000
Aruna Dindane 2,670,000
Ismael Cheikh Tioté 2,403,000
Siaka Tiéné 2,225,000
Copa 2,225,000
Sekou Cissé 2,225,000
Souleymane Bamba 1,557,500
Emmanuel Koné 534,000
Vincent De Paul Angban 356,000
Brou Benjamin Angoua 244,750
Ibrahim Koné 178,000
Aristide Benoit Zogbo 133,500

How much are Dunfermline due when we sell him on?

Pars.net figure seems to be 20%

hibbie02
24-11-2009, 10:56 AM
As I have said before Kolo Toure was bigging him up in the Arsenal programme last season and you never know we might end up in a bidding war between Arsenal and Manc City........... Well we can hope! :wink:

MacBean
24-11-2009, 12:03 PM
As I have said before Kolo Toure was bigging him up in the Arsenal programme last season and you never know we might end up in a bidding war between Arsenal and Manc City........... Well we can hope! :wink:

Wenger signing a French/African footballer!!

Will never happen :wink:

PaulSmith
24-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Don't think it will be in Jamuary with the African Nations on. Think it will be in July when the world cup is finished and Rod has listened to all offers. How much are people expecting? I would expect £1.5Million for him.

Try doubling it for starters and then it'll have add-ons

Franck is God
24-11-2009, 01:01 PM
as his defensive partner at international level moved in the summer for £18m I would say that his value is fairly high.

If he has a good World Cup I could see a fee at least in excess of £4m, pretty ordinary defenders move round the Premiership for a lot more than that so its not an over the top figure.

Hibs90
24-11-2009, 02:26 PM

Try doubling it for starters and then it'll have add-ons

:agree:

Although for once, why not try and keep hold of him?

Lucius Apuleius
24-11-2009, 02:33 PM

Good concept. Don't see it catching on though:boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
24-11-2009, 02:39 PM
I think we will get a very nice fee for him when he leaves. It would not surprise me if it was a record fee recieved by Hibs.

scoopyboy
24-11-2009, 02:39 PM

How about 4 reasons to start with,

1. He doesn't want to stay

2. If we force him to stay he will walk for nothing at the end of next season.

3. Yogi will need his slice of the fee to implement the next stage of his masterplan.

4. A lot of senior players can't be bothered with his attitude. FWIW I believe he was one of the players Yogi was on about when he talked about bad trainers and he would sell players even if it upset the fans.

silverhibee
24-11-2009, 02:52 PM
How about 4 reasons to start with,

1. He doesn't want to stay

2. If we force him to stay he will walk for nothing at the end of next season.

3. Yogi will need his slice of the fee to implement the next stage of his masterplan.

4. A lot of senior players can't be bothered with his attitude. FWIW I believe he was one of the players Yogi was on about when he talked about bad trainers and he would sell players even if it upset the fans.

Bamba wants to play in the EPL, and i think he will be there come this transfer window.

Twa Cairpets
24-11-2009, 03:21 PM

That made me chuckle.

Barney McGrew
24-11-2009, 03:29 PM

mjhibby
24-11-2009, 03:42 PM
30% is the figure I read on here last week

Hope we get a lot more than 1.5 mil for him.

The figure mentioned was far higher than that and i believe the pars figure to be 20%.Bamba wont be looking for a transfer come january as he is away at the african nations but you never know that hibs might want to sell him to let yogi loose in the transfer market.Bamba was a great bit of business and thankfully yogi will get the benefit of it.:thumbsup:

zlatan
24-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I think we will get a very nice fee for him when he leaves. It would not surprise me if it was a record fee recieved by Hibs.

If he starts every game at the World Cup and Ivory Coast do well, then definitely.

I'd imagine there would be a big interest from French clubs as well as Premiership teams.

Hibernian Verse
24-11-2009, 10:41 PM
It's crazy to think that we bought him for £50,000 just over a year ago and he's now become our most valuable player with massive fees being banded about the place.

bingo70
24-11-2009, 10:45 PM
It's crazy to think that we bought him for £50,000 just over a year ago and he's now become our most valuable player with massive fees being banded about the place.

In what way do you think he's our most valuable player?

I would say that Zemmama, Riordan and probably Miller are more important to the team.

He is probably going to make us the most in transfer fees though, so if thats what you were meaning i would agree with you.

Hibernian Verse
24-11-2009, 10:48 PM

I would say that Zemmama, Riordan and probably Miller are more important to the team.

He is probably going to make us the most in transfer fees though, so if thats what you were meaning i would agree with you.

I meant in the eyes of other clubs and managers on how much they're willing to pay bearing in mind he's only 24 and has never had the chance at the top level, much like Zemmama, whereas Miller and, to an extent, Riordan have and after playing (hopefully well) in the World Cup if he's not sold before then.

offshorehibby
24-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Personally i think Bamba would be mad to move in January. Once he comes back from the AN he has 5 months before the WC starts, 5 months he is not guaranteed to get a game if he moves.
Then again if Hibs were offered silly money in January then take it and run.

erin go bragh
24-11-2009, 11:57 PM
hope they never watched him against st johnstone in the cup game:bitchy:

wee 162
25-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Personally i think Bamba would be mad to move in January. Once he comes back from the AN he has 5 months before the WC starts, 5 months he is not guaranteed to get a game if he moves.

He would be off his head to leave in January. First of all, if you leave Hibs to go to say a Premiership side, they'll have no qualms at all about dropping him if he has one or two bad games. Which then jepoardises his chance of being in the Ivory Coast squad for the WC. If he stays at Hibs, he is guaranteed to be playing continuously.

And then financially he has to be having a look at it seriously. Player from the SPL going to someone in the Premiership? He'd get a decent wage. Just came off a decent World Cup? He'd get an absolute fortune.

jgl07
25-11-2009, 12:19 AM

He is the only one likely to be in the shop window of the African Cup of Nations and the World Cup.

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2009, 09:06 AM
hope they never watched him against st johnstone in the cup game:bitchy:

I'd imagine East Stirling wouldn't have wanted any of our players that night. And of course, nobody ever has a bad game in the English premiership.

blackpoolhibs
25-11-2009, 09:08 AM

There would be no need for message boards if we all did what you did there.:wink:

jacomo
25-11-2009, 09:49 AM

He would be off his head to leave in January. First of all, if you leave Hibs to go to say a Premiership side, they'll have no qualms at all about dropping him if he has one or two bad games. Which then jepoardises his chance of being in the Ivory Coast squad for the WC. If he stays at Hibs, he is guaranteed to be playing continuously.

And then financially he has to be having a look at it seriously. Player from the SPL going to someone in the Premiership? He'd get a decent wage. Just came off a decent World Cup? He'd get an absolute fortune.

Yup, a summer move would suit both Hibs and Bamba.

Got no problems with him moving on next summer - if we get a decent fee then that could be invested in the squad.

I think if he was in France or the Championship, people would be talking about a figure of £3-5m for him. He's strong, he's athletic, fearless, and young, so there's time for him to improve. All attributes that will attract Premiership clubs.

Whether we see anything like that, of course, depends on how he performs at the ANC and WC.

Bostonhibby
25-11-2009, 08:17 PM

:agree: great judge of a player that Mixu :duck:

.Sean.
25-11-2009, 10:01 PM
The percentage of sell on clause really shouldnae be of much concern. Say for instance we sell him to Blackburn for £3 million and we give Dunfermline their 20% (£600,000).
Rodders aint silly and i'd imagine he would negotiate a 10 or 20% sell on clause in any deal with an EPL club to cover any money given to Dunfermline.

Imagine he excelled in the Prem and was sold a few years later for 10 mil-ish... :greengrin

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

In saying that though id rather we were selfish and made Big Bad Sol stay :devil:

allezsauzee
25-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Have I entered some sort of parallel universe where the Sol Bamba that plays for Hibs is not a bombscare? The guy has a lot the attributes required to be a top defender. He's big and fast and a good tackler, however his concentration at times is non-existent , he occasionally has games where he looks like he's never played the game before and his distribution (while no worse than Hoggs) will probably be shown up in the EPL. If anybody offers us £1.5m for him in January we should grab it and run.

Hainan Hibs
25-11-2009, 11:02 PM
I agree with others that he should leave after the summer. If his World Cup goes well it will be a winning situation for all parties, Sol will get his big move with a far bigger increase in salary than if he left in January, and Hibs will also get a far bigger transfer fee.

Rod is far from stupid, a sell on clause will be added to more than cover the Pars share of the cash. :greengrin

sahib
26-11-2009, 08:18 AM
I agree with others that he should leave after the summer. If his World Cup goes well it will be a winning situation for all parties, Sol will get his big move with a far bigger increase in salary than if he left in January, and Hibs will also get a far bigger transfer fee.

Rod is far from stupid, a sell on clause will be added to more than cover the Pars share of the cash. :greengrin

I think Rod might be thinking: what if Bamba is not picked? What if he is injured and don't play? What if he is badly injured? I think he will grab any quick profit that is on offer.

GlesgaeHibby
26-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Have I entered some sort of parallel universe where the Sol Bamba that plays for Hibs is not a bombscare? The guy has a lot the attributes required to be a top defender. He's big and fast and a good tackler, however his concentration at times is non-existent , he occasionally has games where he looks like he's never played the game before and his distribution (while no worse than Hoggs) will probably be shown up in the EPL. If anybody offers us £1.5m for him in January we should grab it and run.

St Johnstone cup game it looked as though he'd never seen a football in his life. I think he made 3 passes to a team mate all night.

Bamba can be very good at times, but he is far from a finished article. £1.5m would be an excellent price for a defender.

RIP
26-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Let's imagine you are an English Manager on the lookout for a centre-half. Someone tells you to consider Souleymane Bamba

Pros

Ivory Coast International
Good physique, strong, 6'3"
Fast, athletic, tough tackler

Cons

Poor relationships with previous managers
Poor record on-field discipline
Reputation for off-field indiscretions
Development record sub-standard by EPL standards- Didn't make it at PSG, 2 years at Dunfermline, 2 at Hibs. Now 25 (In Jan).
Lacks football intelligence, judgement can be questionable, prone to lapses in concentration. Doesn't have the football brain to match his athletic skills.

On the other hand Hibs have a history of high-value transfers.

CallumLaidlaw
26-11-2009, 10:05 AM
keep him till the summer so we have a hibby to cheer at the world cup finals!! :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
26-11-2009, 10:46 AM
I think Rod might be thinking: what if Bamba is not picked? What if he is injured and don't play? What if he is badly injured? I think he will grab any quick profit that is on offer.

I think you are being unfair.

Did he grab any profit that might have been available on Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson or did he wait until the price was right?

Did he take the profit on Steven Fletcher in January when Celtic bid or did he wait and get more in July?

Rodders IMO doesn't want profit he wants to maximise profit.

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2009, 10:52 AM
BAMBA AND THE WINDOW

Once upon a time, there was boy named Bamba. Bamba loved to run and kick a ball. In his search for a mystical land of milk and honey where big satellites away up in the sky gave boys lots of money simply to play football, Bamba had wandered far away from home and had got lost from his family.

He grew highly distressed as he reached a strange place called Fife, where everybody looked rather peculiar and referred to Bamba as 'neighbour' even though he had never seen any of them before. "Boo-hoo" cried Bamba, "i'll never find the land where nice men who have satellites and give me football money."

A friendly bear named Yogi saw Bamba crying by the side of the pitch. "Come across the river with me, young man," he said to Bamba, "and I will let you play football to your hearts content. And if you are good, a magic window will surely appear to take you to the land where you get lots of money and nice things for playing football."

"I have heard of this mystical land!" Bamba said, all excited and skipped across the river with the friendly bear.

Bamba soon took his new home. He made friends with a skinny lad named Derek. "They say there is a window that appears, to take you to the land of milk and honey," he asked Derek as they kicked a ball to each other.

"Aye," said the lad Derek in his strange tongue that sounded ever so strange to Bamba's ears, "but beware that windae cause it's no all it seems. Sometimes it doesnae tae ye to the land of milk and honey, sometimes it takes you to an evil place called The Land of the Weedge. This is a terrible place, Bamba, far, far worse than the Fife you once called home. So when you see the window, think twice before stepping through it."

A wiley-looking man with a moustache had overheard them, and shooed young Derek away. "Listen not to this fool of a lad, Bamba, for stepping through the window can offer you untold riches. This window is only open twice a year! Untold riches, Bamba", he said with a manic glee in his eye and a furtive glance over at a crumbling shed which Bamba understood was known as 'the east'.

Bamba scratched his head? What was he to do?

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2009, 10:55 AM
We cant help talk down our better players.:bitchy: If you watch some of the crap in the EPL, each week, nobody will convince me Bamba is any worse than 50% of the dross that play centre half in that league.

Titus Bramble for one, has been sold for millions. Bamba would fit in at most teams in the bottom 10-12 teams in the premiership, and not look out of place, and they would all fetch £3m-£5m upwards.

The same people who are saying Bamba is crap, were probably telling us Fletcher was one footed, and would struggle in the premiership.

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2009, 11:02 AM
We cant help talk down our better players.:bitchy: If you watch some of the crap in the EPL, each week, nobody will convince me Bamba is any worse than 50% of the dross that play centre half in that league.

Titus Bramble for one, has been sold for millions. Bamba would fit in at most teams in the bottom 10-12 teams in the premiership, and not look out of place, and they would all fetch £3m-£5m upwards.

The same people who are saying Bamba is crap, were probably telling us Fletcher was one footed, and would struggle in the premiership.

I agree. Bamba is more of a Bolton or Blackburn player than anybody they have no. He has the athleticism and physique to thrive in the Premiership. I wonder if people who denounce him watch any English football outside of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U. What sort of world-beaters do they think are playing in his role for Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke, Wigan, Portsmouth, Wolves, Birmingham, Hull and for that matter, Liverpool or Villa?

H18sry
26-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I agree. Bamba is more of a Bolton or Blackburn player than anybody they have no. He has the athleticism and physique to thrive in the Premiership. I wonder if people who denounce him watch any English football outside of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U. What sort of world-beaters do they think are playing in his role for Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke, Wigan, Portsmouth, Wolves, Birmingham, Hull and for that matter, Liverpool or Villa?

If Liverpool can play Sotirios Kyrgiakos then Bamba is more than capable of holding his own in most premier teams :agree:

ano hibby
26-11-2009, 01:05 PM
BAMBA AND THE WINDOW

Once upon a time, there was boy named Bamba. Bamba loved to run and kick a ball. In his search for a mystical land of milk and honey where big satellites away up in the sky gave boys lots of money simply to play football, Bamba had wandered far away from home and had got lost from his family.

He grew highly distressed as he reached a strange place called Fife, where everybody looked rather peculiar and referred to Bamba as 'neighbour' even though he had never seen any of them before. "Boo-hoo" cried Bamba, "i'll never find the land where nice men who have satellites and give me football money."

A friendly bear named Yogi saw Bamba crying by the side of the pitch. "Come across the river with me, young man," he said to Bamba, "and I will let you play football to your hearts content. And if you are good, a magic window will surely appear to take you to the land where you get lots of money and nice things for playing football."

"I have heard of this mystical land!" Bamba said, all excited and skipped across the river with the friendly bear.

Bamba soon took his new home. He made friends with a skinny lad named Derek. "They say there is a window that appears, to take you to the land of milk and honey," he asked Derek as they kicked a ball to each other.

"Aye," said the lad Derek in his strange tongue that sounded ever so strange to Bamba's ears, "but beware that windae cause it's no all it seems. Sometimes it doesnae tae ye to the land of milk and honey, sometimes it takes you to an evil place called The Land of the Weedge. This is a terrible place, Bamba, far, far worse than the Fife you once called home. So when you see the window, think twice before stepping through it."

A wiley-looking man with a moustache had overheard them, and shooed young Derek away. "Listen not to this fool of a lad, Bamba, for stepping through the window can offer you untold riches. This window is only open twice a year! Untold riches, Bamba", he said with a manic glee in his eye and a furtive glance over at a crumbling shed which Bamba understood was known as 'the east'.

Very good mate:top marks:greengrin:greengrin

sahib
26-11-2009, 01:24 PM
[/B]

Did he grab any profit that might have been available on Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson or did he wait until the price was right?

Did he take the profit on Steven Fletcher in January when Celtic bid or did he wait and get more in July?

You can over play your hand. I think RP will grab what is on offer unless he has been promised a bigger bid later.

silverhibee
26-11-2009, 01:26 PM
BAMBA AND THE WINDOW

I thought Mixu brought him from over the river.:greengrin

RIP
26-11-2009, 01:36 PM

Arguing with yourself again Gary? I thought it was only me that did that!:greengrin

Unless I've missed all the posts saying Bamba is crap that is?

scoopyboy
26-11-2009, 01:43 PM
You can over play your hand. I think RP will grab what is on offer unless he has been promised a bigger bid later.

I agree you can over play your hand, but do you think Rod has been guilty of this in recent times?

I thought he might have missed the boat with Fletch last January but it paid off in the end.

blackpoolhibs
26-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Arguing with yourself again Gary? I thought it was only me that did that!:greengrin

Unless I've missed all the posts saying Bamba is crap that is?

fair enough, not many are saying he's crap, but many are under valuing him, and there are still those who call him a bomb scare. And there are still those who think he's a midfielder. He's the best centre half we have seen at easter road in a very long time imho. As Bob says, hes strong, athletic and still only 25. The best years are ahead of him, and he's better than a lot of the players playing in his position in the EPL.

brog
26-11-2009, 02:08 PM
[/B]

My extremely reliable inside info (at the time) indicated that the long term contract strategy, with a commitment to players to sell them on when appropriate, was started by Mowbray & strongly endorsed by JC. I believe JC really had to twist RP's arm to get him to agree the new Fletcher contract. RP has now become a believer in the strategy as a result of the money we received for the twins & Fletch but we owe a debt to TM & JC for the change in our direction.
Personally I still find it hard to forgive RP for selling Garry O, outside the transfer window & when we were in the cup semis with a wonderful chance of achieving our dream. In that case RP definitely put profit first.

IWasThere2016
27-11-2009, 01:40 AM

Rod will try and get the Pars (in dire need of cash) to accept a lower % than the contract otherwise Hibs might not sell Bamba :wink:

Also RP could add a clause re WC to give Hibs more wonga :wink:

Bamba will go IMHO as Yogi and others are fed up of him

brydekirk
27-11-2009, 07:36 AM
all the recent talk about his dodgy knee could affect how much teams are willing to pay for him :agree:

silverhibee
27-11-2009, 11:26 AM
all the recent talk about his dodgy knee could affect how much teams are willing to pay for him :agree:

But is his knee really dodgy.:wink:

scoopyboy
27-11-2009, 11:47 AM

Ah yes that old chestnut.

The dodgy knee that has saw him miss zero international games and 1 Hibs game immeadiately prior to his international double header in which he played the whole 180 minutes.

sunshine1875
27-11-2009, 12:04 PM
You have to laugh when you compare the situation at ER and Tiny.

Over at Tiny, their fans slag us off as being the selling club and unwilling to buy players. The Hertz players and manager are trying their best to get players sold - this week it was Wallace, previously Driver, Berra etc. £3m-£4m for Driver, I think was the call, but you cannot see a EPL/Championship team paying that money for him. The players themselves are on good money and in no hurry to leave. There is off course, the Hertz treasure chest that was last seen heading east, with no likelihood that any decent player would be bought with it.

Over at ER, yes we have been selling players but we have got good money for them. At no time have we tried to sell the players within the media, instead trying the opposite (stating we have no interest in selling) that results in us getting top money for them. And then we have used some of the that money to get guys like Stokes, Millar, McBride and possibly Barr etc.

Good times! Thank goodness I am a Hibee.

IWasThere2016
27-11-2009, 12:13 PM

But is his knee really dodgy.:wink:

Ah yes that old chestnut.

The dodgy knee that has saw him miss zero international games and 1 Hibs game immeadiately prior to his international double header in which he played the whole 180 minutes.

:cool2: Nowt wrong with his knee .. just his harmo-knee with others :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 12:17 PM
The arched window.

Danderhall Hibs
27-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Rod will try and get the Pars (in dire need of cash) to accept a lower % than the contract otherwise Hibs might not sell Bamba :wink:

Are you saying that you think we'd let him go for free just so we don't have to pay Dunfermline a %age. Seems strange logic - 90% of £1m is still more than £0.

Stevie Reid
27-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Personally I still find it hard to forgive RP for selling Garry O, outside the transfer window & when we were in the cup semis with a wonderful chance of achieving our dream. In that case RP definitely put profit first.

Judging by his injury record since he left us, it maybe wasn't too bad a bit of business: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/8358432.stm

Judas Iscariot
27-11-2009, 07:55 PM
The arched window.

http://www.montbleau.ca/Movies/images/SecretWindow.jpg

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.montbleau.ca/Movies/images/SecretWindow.jpg

Hollywood has Johnny Depp. The Jambos have Scrawny Rep (Scrawney Reptitle) who is Romanov's son.

The Voice Of Reason
27-11-2009, 08:54 PM

Do you know this for a fact, and if so, how ?

(Not doubting you, just asking for clarification). :agree:

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 08:58 PM
The square window.

Judas Iscariot
27-11-2009, 09:55 PM
The self licking window

Irish_Steve
27-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Prefer square sausage

Removed
27-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Prefer square sausage

I prefer sliced sausage :agree:, I'm from Edinburgh :greengrin

ArabHibee
27-11-2009, 10:11 PM
The arched window.

The square window.

The self licking window

Sounds like an episode of Play School! :greengrin

Prefer square sausage

I prefer sliced sausage :agree:, I'm from Edinburgh :greengrin

I prefer Lorne Sausage, I'm from the Ferry.

IWasThere2016
27-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Are you saying that you think we'd let him go for free just so we don't have to pay Dunfermline a %age. Seems strange logic - 90% of £1m is still more than £0.

No that we'd negotiate Pars share .. say for example our sale is paid in instalments or add-on clauses .. or we say we dont want to sell at this time .. btw I think Pars share is 40%

The Voice Of Reason
28-11-2009, 08:21 AM

I repeat - Do you know this for a fact, and if so, how ?

(Not doubting you, just asking for clarification).

SneakersO'Toole
28-11-2009, 06:07 PM

In answer to your question, 2+2=5 springs to mind...

ScottB
28-11-2009, 06:32 PM
World Cups can send Premiership teams a bit transfer crazy, remember them buying up the Senegal team en mass for silly money and most of em turning out to be mince?

Should Ivory Coast have a good tournament (and I think they will) it's not too big a jump to think that EPL teams will start sniffing round the players not already plying their trade there.

Selling Bamba for a few million in that situation sounds pretty plausible to me.

IWasThere2016
28-11-2009, 07:14 PM

As popular as a fart in a spacesuit .. If several players/staff to be believed.