PDA

View Full Version : Benji, Stokes or Nish

Sloppy
23-11-2009, 08:24 PM
well who do you thinks better?
personally i think benji is one of the worst players at hibs ATM. im not a fan of him one bit.
stokes has got class just rarely shows it.
nish would be 2nd IMHO

Storar
23-11-2009, 08:27 PM
what's the question though!?

GlesgaeHibby
23-11-2009, 08:27 PM
well?
personally i think benji is one of the worst players at hibs ATM. im not a fan of him one bit.
nish would be 2nd IMHO

Well what?

Hibercelona
23-11-2009, 08:28 PM
You're having a giraffe with putting Nish in there. :hilarious

hibsbollah
I think Benji is the thing written on the tin:agree:

Sloppy
what's the question though!?

Well what?
edited

lumbo_hfc
23-11-2009, 08:34 PM
best out of the 3 so far this season... Benji
Who i think will end up with most goals this season.... Stokes (when played in the right position in the right formation)

Don't know why you have put nish in this like!:confused:

madabouthibs
23-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Benji will never come good for us, I reckon the CIS cup final will be the highlight of his club football career.
Stokes will do well if he knuckles down and doesn't get affected in January by any transfer speculation.
Nish will reach double figures in goals for us, never spectacular but he does have a decent goalscoring record. He has the unenviable ability to look less effective than he actually is, IMHO. :wink:

Wotherspiniesta
23-11-2009, 08:36 PM
nish would be 2nd IMHO

Personally, I think that's pish. Not Nish. Just pish :greengrin

Sloppy
23-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Personally, I think that's pish. Not Nish. Just pish :greengrin
personally i dont. all about opinions though

PISTOL1875
23-11-2009, 08:46 PM
nish would be 2nd IMHO

Are you having a laugh mate ??
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

ahibby
23-11-2009, 08:47 PM
I'll take the easy way out and say they are different types of players and so it would be like comparing apples and oranges. At taking players on it has to be between Benji and Stokesy and with headers Nishy. Playing one up might best suit Benji and assisting would suit Nishy better. Juggling with the ball to make two Rangers defenders look like plonkers and scoring in to the bargain, it's a difficult one but I think that might suit Stokesy best.

nonshinyfinish
23-11-2009, 08:49 PM

Could easily replace Stokes with Benji in that sentence, yet you think he's one of our worst players... :blah:

lumbo_hfc
23-11-2009, 08:50 PM
nish would be 2nd IMHO

explain? :confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-11-2009, 08:52 PM
If the question is which one of these players could do with being dropped for a while then you would need to vote for all three. Riordan is the only forward earning his beans just now. The obsession with playing four forwards is giving these guys a regular game [ 'cept for Nish maybe], but if we lined up a traditional 4-4-2 and you could only pick two forwards, it would be Deek and A.N.Other.:dunno:

HFC 0-7
23-11-2009, 08:56 PM
I'll take the easy way out and say they are different types of players and so it would be like comparing apples and oranges. At taking players on it has to be between Benji and Stokesy and with headers Nishy. Playing one up might best suit Benji and assisting would suit Nishy better. Juggling with the ball to make two Rangers defenders look like plonkers and scoring in to the bargain, it's a difficult one but I think that might suit Stokesy best.

You have to be joking! For a big guy Nish is murder at heading, someone on here has said previously he is the only person that is shorter when he jumps cause he hunches his back when jumping. OK he scored against Aberdeen but it doesnt make him good in the air, I reckon Benji up there would score more with his head.

lumbo_hfc
23-11-2009, 09:01 PM
You have to be joking! For a big guy Nish is murder at heading, someone on here has said previously he is the only person that is shorter when he jumps cause he hunches his back when jumping. OK he scored against Aberdeen but it doesnt make him good in the air, I reckon Benji up there would score more with his head.

:agree: Maybe not score more with his head but i would say benji is the best option hibs have of a player to hold up the ball and link up with other players

Dunbar Hibee
23-11-2009, 09:03 PM
None of those 3 are performing particulary well, though Nish actually does work harder than the other pair I think Stokes has the most ability.

offshorehibby
23-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Stokes will do well if he knuckles down and doesn't get affected in January by any transfer speculation.
:wink:

can't see why Stokes would be distracted by any transfer speculation, scored a couple of good goals and that's about it.

ahibby
24-11-2009, 09:46 AM

I say that because I have seen Nishy scoring and heading a pass on a few occasions but I haven't seen either Stokes or Benji doing that. I am not saying they haven't or are not capable of, I'm just saying I haven't seen it.

ahibby
24-11-2009, 09:49 AM
I agree that Riordan is our best striker at the moment but he is the one who can score coming from midfield where as playing up front like say Nish means you have a defender or two breathing down your neck which I don't think would suit Deek as much.

duffers
24-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Have to agree with Hibs2006.
Benji is one of the worst players in the hibs team.
Its okay saying we see glimpses of him but when, once or twice a season.
He's is definatly the the lazyiest player in our team!!

Stokes does have ability, just yet to show it. I think if we dropped him for a couple of games he would get the kick up the backside he needed.

It can be really frustraiting watching Nish but he does do a job for us, and will score 10+ a season. Also probably our best player for holding the ball up.

Time to call the younger boys in?

ahibby
24-11-2009, 10:04 AM
I agree with that I think that looking at all the forwards Benji has produced the least this season in goals and assists etc. Stokes is going through a lean patch but is the youngest at only twenty one I believe so is no where near his peak yet and I think Deek is just beginning to peak and hopefully will be at peak for a couple of seasons at least.

hibhib7
24-11-2009, 10:52 AM
If the question is which one of these players could do with being dropped for a while then you would need to vote for all three. Riordan is the only forward earning his beans just now. The obsession with playing four forwards is giving these guys a regular game [ 'cept for Nish maybe], but if we lined up a traditional 4-4-2 and you could only pick two forwards, it would be Deek and A.N.Other.:dunno:This is the best contribution yet. None of the three deserve a regular game on the form they've showed this season. It's not as if we are scoring plenty with the formation we are presently playing. Put in an extra midfielder to relieve the pressure from Miller and McBride and make these three compete for a game. Hughes is showing too much loyalty to Stokes and Benji. It's worrying how few chances we create when Zemmama isn't playing.

dirtydirk
24-11-2009, 10:56 AM
This is the best contribution yet. None of the three deserve a regular game on the form they've showed this season. It's not as if we are scoring plenty with the formation we are presently playing. Put in an extra midfielder to relieve the pressure from Miller and McBride and make these three compete for a game. Hughes is showing too much loyalty to Stokes and Benji. It's worrying how few chances we create when Zemmama isn't playing.

I think yogi should really challenge all 3 to lift their game. 3 good players on paper but been quite disappointed with them so far. They all have more than enough ability to score goals in the SPL but aren't really producing the goods yet.

hibee-shtuggie
24-11-2009, 01:24 PM
hey guys, not posted on here in agggeess. studying hard at uni just now although i have been to four games this season. if you notice from recent stats, we are not scoring goals but pundits constantly talk up our forward line. i feel this is because hughes is trying to please all of them, he needs to pick two of them and stick to it. this playing riordan on the left wing is absolute nonsense. as great as riordan is going forward, he offers very little defensively and whoever is playing left back is exposed and our midfield is pulled about. we need to switch to 4-4-2 and give galbraith a try. deeks is a proven goalscorer, we need to get him up there and in the mix. personally id go with him and stokes just now with:

............stack..............

mccormack hogg bamba stevenson

wotherspoon miller murray galbraith

.............stokes riordan.........

CMac1988
24-11-2009, 02:11 PM
hey guys, not posted on here in agggeess. studying hard at uni just now although i have been to four games this season. if you notice from recent stats, we are not scoring goals but pundits constantly talk up our forward line...

...deeks is a proven goalscorer, we need to get him up there and in the mix.

Good post mate. I'd definately like to see Galbraith given a run up the wing and see Riordan up front again.

I refrained from making a decision as I still think stokes can come good for us providing he knuckles down a bit and improves his workrate. Hopefully the distribution from the midfield improves also as this will help motivate the forwards if they spend more time on the ball during the game.

I don't really want to say this but as was said earlier I think Benji may be a lost cause for us now, especially as we all know/knew what he was cappable of. I don't think he'll ever perform as well as he did in his time around and in the cup final. Hopefully I'm proved wrong on this though.

I won't even mention Nish as I'm in the boat that he's a waste of space and just doesn't have the presence that someone of his stature should have up front.

Andy74
24-11-2009, 02:16 PM
I say that because I have seen Nishy scoring and heading a pass on a few occasions but I haven't seen either Stokes or Benji doing that. I am not saying they haven't or are not capable of, I'm just saying I haven't seen it.

You missed Benji's diving header then?

hibee-shtuggie
24-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Good post mate. I'd definately like to see Galbraith given a run up the wing and see Riordan up front again.

I refrained from making a decision as I still think stokes can come good for us providing he knuckles down a bit and improves his workrate. Hopefully the distribution from the midfield improves also as this will help motivate the forwards if they spend more time on the ball during the game.

I don't really want to say this but as was said earlier I think Benji may be a lost cause for us now, especially as we all know/knew what he was cappable of. I don't think he'll ever perform as well as he did in his time around and in the cup final. Hopefully I'm proved wrong on this though.

I won't even mention Nish as I'm in the boat that he's a waste of space and just doesn't have the presence that someone of his stature should have up front.

spot on. agree with all of that. nish needs to get stronger, end of. stokes will come good i feel but is struggling just now. yeah benji is a strange one. i feel like hughes doesnt quite know yet if he is gonna come good or not but feels he has to play him because hes such a moody git and would have a strop otherwise. having seen what he is capable of (i.e. cup final 2007) im still torn...but with his attitude id probably bench him.

M8UDB
Benji goes missing in games for far to long, forgot he was playing on Saturday but then when he got the ball he skinned the CH brilliantly and could have scored, if he could do that all the time then i would have him in there first. Nish gets caught offside far to much IMO and for a big lad he has no strength at all when he goes up for a header and always ends up on his ar5e looking for a free kick, lost count how many times he was offside when he came on at the weekend. Stokes hasnt shown his best yet IMO but from what i have seen i would have him in there first, i think if Stokes and Deek were both up front and able to link up they would be deadly, he didnt have the best game on Saturday (infact he was pants) but everyone has their off days. Wouldnt mind seeing Byrne getting a chance of the bench though, looks a good player from what ive seen.

Hibs90
What has Stokes done to prove he's that good. His 3 goals apart, he has been total dire and I'd drop him for Saturday.

M8UDB
24-11-2009, 02:23 PM
What has Stokes done to prove he's that good. His 3 goals apart, he has been total dire and I'd drop him for Saturday.

Might be what he needs to get the best out of him!!:dunno:

Sloppy
24-11-2009, 05:54 PM
:agree:
Have to agree with Hibs2006.
Besaying we see glimpses of him but when, once or twice a season.
He's is definatly the the lazyiest player in our team!!nji is one of the worst players in the hibs team.
Its okay

Stokes does have ability, just yet to show it. I think if we dropped him for a couple of games he would get the kick up the backside he needed.

It can be really frustraiting watching Nish but he does do a job for us, and will score 10+ a season. Also probably our best player for holding the ball up.

Time to call the younger boys in?