PDA

View Full Version : Yams Let's Cheer Up The Jambos!

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Just had a look on Kickback. What a sad and sorry bunch they are!

Yes, I know it's a dull Monday morning following a home defeat which sees the Yams sucked into a relegation battle, with the prospect of a fire sale in January, but surely they must have SOMETHING to smile about?

I suppose we'll have to step up to the plate and think of ways to cheer up our Gorgie chums for Christmas.

Any suggestions?

Hibercelona
23-11-2009, 03:43 PM
I reckon we should all chip in and send a merry xmas card to Tynecastle with a fiver inside. Signed by all the good hearted Hibs.net members. :agree:

Ell_Chrisso
23-11-2009, 03:45 PM
A fiver?

How the hell are they going to feed anyone else in that team?

Nade's daily pies cost that.

Phil D. Rolls
23-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Cheer up Yams, you've won something called the Scottish Cup three times in the last 50 years. So nothing we can say can ever take your big team status away from you.:greengrin

Hibercelona
23-11-2009, 03:54 PM
A fiver?

Nade won't need it with all the goal bonuses he's going to get. :agree:

GlesgaeHibby
23-11-2009, 03:54 PM
A fiver?

And the rest....try nearer £50:wink:

bawheid
23-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Thinking about the day they beat our reserves in a cup semi-final should cheer them up when they're travelling to Stenhousemuir for their local derby next season.

Part/Time Supporter
23-11-2009, 04:01 PM

Yes, I know it's a dull Monday morning following a home defeat which sees the Yams sucked into a relegation battle, with the prospect of a fire sale in January, but surely they must have SOMETHING to smile about?

I suppose we'll have to step up to the plate and think of ways to cheer up our Gorgie chums for Christmas.

Any suggestions?

the new Tynecastle High School looks quite impressive.

:agree:

Hiber-nation
23-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Surely they will be ecstatic at the fact that Mole and Elliott will soon be fit again.

Hibbyradge
23-11-2009, 04:04 PM
It'll only cost them £10 to watch Motherwell at Tynecastle in December.

Oh wait, they've already bought their season tickets.

Ach well, the non attenders will be pleased.

CorrieHibs
23-11-2009, 04:07 PM
A DVD from the last time they scored against us in the league. :faf:. Can't even remember when it was. Might of been in the first derby at easter road last season.

Tinyclothes
23-11-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm going to build a tiny mechanical owl that emits a gemstone from it's brass anus every time Nade scores a goal. That's what I'll tell them it does anyway.

jacomo
23-11-2009, 04:21 PM
What with Hearts being effectively the Armed Forces' Official Football Club, surely the government will come to their rescue?

I mean, who'd want to see the winners of WWI in financial difficulty in the run up to a general election? The plight of those brave Yambos would tug at the heart strings of many a voter.

Kato
23-11-2009, 04:24 PM
They can think about all the beautifully, picturesque parts of Scotland they'll be visiting next season after relegation. If there is still a Hearts around to fulfill the fixtures.

Hibbyradge
23-11-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm going to hire St Colms church on Dalry Road and put big signs up advertising an astonishing secret jumble sale later in the season.

The excitement should take their minds of their current footballing woes.

HibeeB
23-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Maybe they will follow the example set by Wigan following a shocking defeat.

>>Link<< (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/8374893.stm)

I wouldn't hold my breath though :faf:

Jack
23-11-2009, 05:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AUtVSJNoHk&feature=related

With many, many apologies to Woody and Buzz Lightyear!

You've got a friend in me
When the road looks rough ahead
And you'redeeper in debt
And your clubsall but dead
Just remember what your old pal said
Boy, you've got a friendly Hibee
You've got afriendly Hibee
You've got troubles andyou’vegot Nade too
There isn't anything going for you
So we’ll stick together andlaughat you

Some other folks might be
A little bit smarter than a yam
Bigger and stronger too
Maybe
But none of them will ever laugh at you the way I do
It's me and you
And as the years go by
Boys, its your club that's gonna die
You're gonna see
It's your destiny
You've got a friendly Hibee
You've got a friendly Hibee

HibbyAndy
23-11-2009, 05:18 PM
GIFRU every Pubteamer that swallowed the 'believe' guff that Romanov spouted a few years back.

Your going down...

Sergey
23-11-2009, 05:24 PM

Any suggestions?

Excellent point, Bob. For a fleeting moment, even I felt a tad sorry for them.

Still, it's only another 350 days to the next Remembrance Sunday.

HibbyAndy
23-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Excellent point, Bob. For a fleeting moment, even I felt a tad sorry for them.Still, it's only another 350 days to the next Remembrance Sunday.

Aye right Sergey :greengrin

Hank Schrader
23-11-2009, 05:45 PM
GIFRU every Pubteamer that swallowed the 'believe' guff that Romanov spouted a few years back.

Your going down...

:aok:

More than what they deserve for all that "Hibs are no longer our natural rivals any more" nonsense circa September 2005.

Whats Boabster up to these days anyway? :dunno:

HibbyAndy
23-11-2009, 05:51 PM

More than what they deserve for all that "Hibs are no longer our natural rivals any more" nonsense circa September 2005.

Whats Boabster up to these days anyway? :dunno:

:greengrin

Last a heard he had a nervous breakdown at the ripping he used to get on here, therefore decided to hand back his wee laptop and get a Nintendo ds instead.

That thread oan here a few years back about 'trumpets' will forever live in my memory bank :faf:

Truly fudrific thread :cool2:

Barney McGrew
23-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Whats Boabster up to these days anyway?

Still living upstairs in his mum's spare room wishing he had friends :dunno:

HibbyAndy
23-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Still living upstairs in his mum's spare room wishing he had friends :dunno:

Nah his ma disowned him after finding out he stole 1pees out his wee sisters piggy bank:agree:.

Last a heard he was packing bags in Lidyl and staying in his dads caravan at Port seton.

Just a rumour tho.

Hank Schrader
23-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Whatever he is up to he is sorely missed by myself. A never ending source of amusement. He took fuddery to a totally new level, a sort of "world class" plonker if I may put it that way.

If things keep going the way they are for Hearts they could be on a totally different level to us come the start of next season, playing in division one. :wink:

HibbyAndy
23-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Whatever he is up to he is sorely missed by myself. A never ending source of amusement. He took fuddery to a totally new level, a sort of "world class" plonker if I may put it that way.

If things keep going the way they are for Hearts they could be on a totally different level to us come the start of next season, playing in division one. :wink:

:pray:

jgl07
23-11-2009, 06:34 PM
A DVD from the last time they scored against us in the league. :faf:.
DVD?

Surely that would be on Betamax?

Mibbes Aye
23-11-2009, 06:43 PM

Any suggestions?

Winter is upon us.

The season that undoubtedly places the wardrobe under the most severe pressure.

It's fair to say a man's choice of apparel is completely at the mercy of the harsh and unforgiving elements.

If ever there was a time of year when you would most benefit from the utility of a satin blouson being reversible, it's surely now :agree:

Mibbes Aye
23-11-2009, 06:53 PM

Any suggestions?

With many students returning home for Christmas, usage of the facilities at Heriot-Watt is bound to be down over the festive period.

The yams could yet end up with the luxury of not having to rely on cancellations to use the pitches, especially if the 'Lacrosse for Beginners' club decide to forego their block let for December :agree:

.Sean.
23-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Their new 50 million quid stand will be ready in the summer, that should please them.

Then again, will they fill it when they play Ayr in the opening day of the season :devil:

matty_f
23-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Cheer up Yams, you've won something called the Scottish Cup three times in the last 50 years. So nothing we can say can ever take your big team status away from you.:greengrin

3 times in 100 years, old chap.:agree:

Only a marginally less pish record than our own.

Mibbes Aye
23-11-2009, 06:57 PM

Any suggestions?

The torrential rain of the past week won't have escaped anyone's attention.

With the twin issues of global warming and the icecaps melting now held as fact by most sane folk, I would reckon that every football fan is waking up to the benefit of having an owner who is no stranger to working underwater :agree:

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2009, 06:59 PM
the new Tynecastle High School looks quite impressive.

:agree:

Gorgie-Dalry's Christmas lights are supposed to be not too bad.

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Excellent point, Bob. For a fleeting moment, even I felt a tad sorry for them.

Still, it's only another 350 days to the next Remembrance Sunday.

350 glorious days of triumphalist crowing, until that grand day finally arrives...

Mibbes Aye
23-11-2009, 07:04 PM

The same as Clyde then.

Although Clyde haven't dingied den mothers for money to my knowledge.

Nor do Clyde have a sizeable racist and sectarian element to their support, particularly away, that the rest of their fans seem to tolerate.

But this is about cheering yams up. So, as Clyde are currently bottom of the Second it's unlikely they'll win promotion and show Homfc up next season :agree:

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2009, 07:07 PM
The tram route runs close to the PBS, which should help the congested 400,000 get in and out of the area easier on matchdays.

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Never mind Yams!

At least you wont have to through this sort of thing again this year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s&feature=PlayList&p=394D821BBEF062E6&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

Phil D. Rolls
23-11-2009, 07:27 PM

Naw, that can't be right. They are a massive force in Scottish, sorry, world football. They must have won more than that because they call us the wee team and (cont. p.96)

matty_f
23-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Naw, that can't be right. They are a massive force in Scottish, sorry, world football. They must have won more than that because they call us the wee team and (cont. p.96)

Almost unbelievable, I know.:agree:

As Mibbes pointed out, they're record is as good as Clyde's, so you can understand why they bang on about it as much as they do.

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Almost unbelievable, I know.:agree:

As Mibbes pointed out, they're record is as good as Clyde's, so you can understand why they bang on about it as much as they do.

A bit unfair, Matty. Clyde never came up against the legends of Gretna and held them to a 1-1 draw after extra time, and rocking the Borders giants with a plucky penalties win, shocking the world of football and sending the mighty Gretna into a tailspin from which the club never recovered.

Dan Sarf
23-11-2009, 07:43 PM
They've got those nice new flats to look forward to. Should improve the area no end. :greengrin

Sergey
23-11-2009, 08:03 PM
It's not just the supporters that have a collective, self-pitying gloom. Bear a thought for the players.

This will raise them from their deep malaise; Pizza Express are offering customers a free starter of their choice (subject to availability) with any 12" pizza from their set-menu during December.

That's their Xmas party and player bonding session sorted.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-11-2009, 08:17 PM
My spies tell me Greys Mill have updated their jukebox, Cicerro is still on there though, so, it could be worse!

NOLA
23-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Surely they will be ecstatic at the fact that Mole and Elliott will soon be fit again.

they actually are happy that elliot should be back for next week, he's gonna be their savior don't you know:wink:

NOLA
23-11-2009, 08:27 PM

Any suggestions?

Lets not :thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
23-11-2009, 08:33 PM
They have Konstandinov and Copil, 2 of the best young players in Europe waiting in the wings, ready to take the SPL by storm.

What was that? Gone home..? But I thought.....:confused:

truehibernian
23-11-2009, 08:39 PM
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/922181

Even has a link to googlemaps for them to find their way there easier next season........"a nice tidy little ground" :bye: cheeeeeeeeeer-io !

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Cheer up Jambos, November is Movember so your moustaches are back in fashion :greengrin

And December is "Sport a Mullet" month :thumbsup:

TheMentalHibees
23-11-2009, 09:19 PM
We should all club together and pay for a good Hibs boy to go over there and play up front for them. One of our ball boys would surely improve their striking options.

renato
23-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Cheer up Jambos, November is Movember so your moustaches are back in fashion :greengrin

And December is "Sport a Mullet" month :thumbsup:

Like this :dunno:

http://www.londonhearts.com/images/ianc/images/Ramon%20Pereira.jpg

Fat Stu
23-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Never mind Yams!

At least you wont have to through this sort of thing again this year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s&feature=PlayList&p=394D821BBEF062E6&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

Does the second goal no remind you of latapys goal in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad28fo935UA

Hibbyradge
23-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Winter is upon us.

The season that undoubtedly places the wardrobe under the most severe pressure.

It's fair to say a man's choice of apparel is completely at the mercy of the harsh and unforgiving elements.

If ever there was a time of year when you would most benefit from the utility of a satin blouson being reversible, it's surely now :agree:

:faf::faf::faf:

Belter.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Like this :dunno:

http://www.londonhearts.com/images/ianc/images/Ramon%20Pereira.jpg

Nice mullet useage to accentuate the sticky out ears :agree:

Winston Ingram
23-11-2009, 10:42 PM
They have a very rich ambitious owner:greengrin

macca70
23-11-2009, 10:47 PM
They have a very rich ambitious owner:greengrin

Wee Airdrie Jambo agrees

macca70
23-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Romanov is about to kick off a new tv show that will be filmed live from Tynie:

Strictly Clum Dancing

Ed De Gramo
23-11-2009, 11:01 PM
They've got that wonderkid Elias Wagner waiting in the wings :tee hee:

Removed
23-11-2009, 11:09 PM
All the pundits agree that Tynecastle has the best atmosphere

Defo does now, ask the St Johnstone fans :thumbsup:

macca70
23-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Not long now til the redeveloped tynie is finished:

http://www.edinburgharchitecture.co.uk/hearts_new_stand.htm

Ed De Gramo
23-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Not long now til the redeveloped tynie is finished:

http://www.edinburgharchitecture.co.uk/hearts_new_stand.htm

Nah! This a better artist impression

http://threekidchaos.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/img_1087e.jpg

Jim Herriot
24-11-2009, 02:55 AM

Let's be fair, they're right about that one now. :lolyam:

Hal Jordan
24-11-2009, 04:27 AM
Hey! Scrolling down that last link I noticed something.
That architect isnæ really called Massimiliano ***sas is he?
This must be a wind up :thumbsup:

Septimus
24-11-2009, 04:44 AM
On a positive note I understand that the local rats are plumpimg up nicely for Christmas.

Lucius Apuleius
24-11-2009, 05:20 AM
I think it is totally unfair to single out the Bully Wee. Surely the East Fife's of this world cannot be far off the same number. And Queen's Park must be way way above them. Oh to be a big team.

Barney McGrew
24-11-2009, 09:19 AM
I think it is totally unfair to single out the Bully Wee. Surely the East Fife's of this world cannot be far off the same number. And Queen's Park must be way way above them. Oh to be a big team.

Don't forget that Dunfermline have won it the same number of times in the last 50 years too. Massive club.

Green_one
24-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Good news

Advances in facial surgery techniques mean that Jambos can look like ordinary people. Apart from the drooling.

Dashing Bob S
24-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Perhaps the club is falling down the table but at least its on a solid footing financially.:fibber:

Mixu62
24-11-2009, 11:43 PM
They could soon have the 4th best stadium in the 2nd division?

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Now that their CL domination dreams are in tatters, does that mean they get to parachute into the Europa?

Perhaps that's one for the Yamosauras:

Gorgie parachute, a

As the 'r' word is forbidden amongst the deluded Yams, they use that term instead. "We have be struggling to make the top six in the CL this year, but i'm not bothered. In fact, I can't wait to parachute into the Europa and visit places like Stark's Park and Palmerston.

Jack
26-11-2009, 12:38 PM
I was on the bus last night and there was a yam explaining Hahahearts debt to a foreign friend. After a long explaination I thought this was a beauty!

“So even if you don’t have debt you're owe money to somebody so Hearts are no worse off than anyone else just because they're in debt” :confused:

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Might not a poem cheer up our Yam chums? Perhaps when they think of the great stewards their club has had; Mercer, Pieman, Vlad, this might spring to mind:

My Sad Captains by Thom Gunn

One by one they appear in
the darkness: a few friends, and
a few with historical
names. How late they start to shine!
but before they fade they stand
perfectly embodied, all

the past lapping them like a
cloak of chaos. They were men
who, I thought, lived only to
renew the wasteful force they
spent with each hot convulsion.
They remind me, distant now.

True, they are not at rest yet,
but now they are indeed
apart, winnowed from failures,
they withdraw to an orbit
and turn with disinterested
hard energy, like the stars.

WindyMiller
26-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Might not a poem cheer up our Yam chums? Perhaps when they think of the great stewards their club has had; Mercer, Pieman, Vlad, this might spring to mind:

a few with historical
perfectly embodied, all

but now they are indeed

Beautiful Bob.
Would surely bring a tear to a glass eye. :boo hoo:

Twa Cairpets
26-11-2009, 02:34 PM

a few with historical
perfectly embodied, all

but now they are indeed

I like that, but Ive always thought that romanov is a kind of Ozymandias character.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Ozymandias

I MET a traveller from an antique land,
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shatter'd visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamp'd on these lifeless things,
The hand that mock'd them and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal these words appear:
‘My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!’
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

--------
26-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Hey! Scrolling down that last link I noticed something.
That architect isnæ really called Massimiliano ***sas is he?
This must be a wind up :thumbsup:

No. the architect's name is Massimiliano ...

... and the second word is what he does.

hibbybrian
26-11-2009, 04:27 PM
No. the architect's name is Massimiliano ...

... and the second word is what he does.

:hilarious:rotflmao:

hibbybrian
26-11-2009, 04:53 PM
The PR version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr0PYeFiIpY

Meanwhile in the real world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vARBJvYiAPM

Dashing Bob S
26-11-2009, 04:57 PM
I like that, but Ive always thought that romanov is a kind of Ozymandias character.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Ozymandias

I MET a traveller from an antique land,
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shatter'd visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamp'd on these lifeless things,
The hand that mock'd them and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal these words appear:
‘My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!’
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Marvellous stuff. I'm a big fan of Shelley and that fits them to a tee.

ginger_rice
26-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Ozymandias

So is that another Lithuanian they've signed then?

Nameless
26-11-2009, 05:31 PM
You will not be frowned upon as much for dating your sister when visiting places like Ayr or Cowdenbeath.

Tickets are cheaper, so you can afford to get your mono brow waxed before your big date(with your sister).

The chances are, if you were to apply for the job of manager, you would get it, and that would really impress your "common law" sister-wife.

If you were to enroll your illigitimate son-brother in the hearts youth set up today, he would most likely be hearts sole attacking option by christmas next year. No doubt that would impress your uncle-dad.

Mixu62
26-11-2009, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=Vlad_adora_el_gallo;2254530]You will not be frowned upon as much for dating your sister when visiting places like Ayr or Cowdenbeath.

Places like Ayr and Cowdenbeath might not have been visited by BNP recruitment teams before, so they're ripe for the picking.

Storar
26-11-2009, 09:34 PM
The PR version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr0PYeFiIpY

Meanwhile in the real world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vARBJvYiAPM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkVyLPxFl30&feature=player_embedded

lyonhibs
26-11-2009, 09:46 PM

I love the visible look of complete bemusement of the Falkirk defender's puss as he gets up from sliding to "block" Obua's "cross", as if to say. "How the f*** did he manage that??!!"

matty_f
26-11-2009, 09:52 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

That is superb!

Dashing Bob S
27-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Let's dress up as clowns and twirl maroon scarfs over our heads as we strut down Gorgie Road.

...wait...the Yams thought of it first.

--------
27-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Let's dress up as clowns and twirl maroon scarfs over our heads as we strut down Gorgie Road.

...wait...the Yams thought of it first.

Nobody'd notice us, Bob - we'd all look just like the natives.

Hank Schrader
27-11-2009, 01:34 PM

Priceless :tee hee:

matty_f
27-11-2009, 01:38 PM
We all know how much the Yams like a charity, well - what else are they going to skim to line their own pockets? - well, to celebrate Movember, they can feast their eyes, and revel, in one of the finest mowsers ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zynaPt5COmY

--------
27-11-2009, 02:07 PM
We all know how much the Yams like a charity, well - what else are they going to skim to line their own pockets? - well, to celebrate Movember, they can feast their eyes, and revel, in one of the finest mowsers ever...

Mattie, you're too good to us.

That was ever so enjoyable. Thank you.

BTW - did I spot the baldy heid of one Jim Duffy there just at the end?

WindyMiller
27-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Mattie, you're too good to us.

That was ever so enjoyable. Thank you.

BTW - did I spot the baldy heid of one Jim Duffy there just at the end?

You certainly did Doddie, IIRC he was Dundee captain that day.
Almost makes up for his time at ER.

Dashing Bob S
28-11-2009, 10:08 AM

A very emotional video. I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried. In fact, as I type this, the tears are still rolling down my face.

bighairyfaeleith
28-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Hearts fans should be happy in the knowledge that in Edinburgh this afternoon the beautiful game will be getting played an entertaining attacking style in a great stadium with the worlds best fans watching on while the sun is shining!!

well if they actually liked to play football that would cheer them up :greengrin