PDA

View Full Version : Zemmama – Catch 22

Jack
23-11-2009, 01:19 PM
The wee man is out injured just now and there's a few on here who while saying he’s a great player and all that also say he’s out injured too often, injury prone.

To me the wee man is a glass apart from most SPL players and we all know he adds an extra dimension to the way we play.

So it stands to reason the opposition SPL cloggers, of whom there are too many, in a league where flair play is hacked down or put into orbit are going to have him as a target.

So if we are to have players like Zemmama we’re just going to have to accept they are going to be out injured more than average.

MacBean
23-11-2009, 01:25 PM
The wee man is out injured just now and there's a few on here who while saying he’s a great player and all that also say he’s out injured too often, injury prone.

To me the wee man is a glass apart from most SPL players and we all know he adds an extra dimension to the way we play.

So it stands to reason the opposition SPL cloggers, of whom there are too many, in a league where flair play is hacked down or put into orbit are going to have him as a target.

So if we are to have players like Zemmama we’re just going to have to accept they are going to be out injured more than average.

he certainly is a smashing wee player.
Finds the cracks in the opposition's defence and chips in with the odd goal
:wink:

ahibby
23-11-2009, 01:33 PM
I'll drink to that.

basehibby
23-11-2009, 01:33 PM

:agree: - the main trick for Yogi to master is the plan B - ie how to set the team up in the absence of Zouma which we can expect to be a semi-regular occurence over course of the season.
I think that Hughes is still searching for a clear answer to this question and that saturday's line up was the latest installment in the search for the solution.
IMO he should go to a more straight forward 4-4-2 when Zemama's out - something like this for me....

Stack

Wotherspoon Hogg Bamba Murray

Cregg McBride Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

When Zemama is playing it somehow makes it easier to play with a very attacking line up - when he's out I think we need more graft from the engine room in order to make chances for the forwards - otherwise we concede posession too easilly and struggle to regain it quickly.

MacBean
23-11-2009, 01:37 PM
:agree: - the main trick for Yogi to master is the plan B - ie how to set the team up in the absence of Zouma which we can expect to be a semi-regular occurence over course of the season.
I think that Hughes is still searching for a clear answer to this question and that saturday's line up was the latest installment in the search for the solution.
IMO he should go to a more straight forward 4-4-2 when Zemama's out - something like this for me....

Stack

Wotherspoon Hogg Bamba Murray

Cregg McBride Miller Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

When Zemama is playing it somehow makes it easier to play with a very attacking line up - when he's out I think we need more graft from the engine room in order to make chances for the forwards - otherwise we concede posession too easilly and struggle to regain it quickly.

would certainly like to see this team out!

Cregg done nothing wrong and has been unfairly punted below even RANKIN in the errr rankings. Galbraith has looked good and threatened when he has come on with his pace and i want to see more of him

jacomo
23-11-2009, 01:47 PM
would certainly like to see this team out!

Cregg done nothing wrong and has been unfairly punted below even RANKIN in the errr rankings. Galbraith has looked good and threatened when he has come on with his pace and i want to see more of him

:agree:

I'm also surprised that Cregg hasn't been given a run at right mid. I don't think he'd be spectacular but I think he would be disciplined enough to protect the team's shape.

Steve20
23-11-2009, 02:05 PM
We need Zemmama in the team to do anything this season. It has been shown that we create next to nothing when he is not playing.

J-C
23-11-2009, 02:05 PM

I think the reason he's injured on a regular basis is that he is targetted as the key player in our attack and gets a lot more attention from other players, so will obviously pick up a lot more knocks than most.

I think Yogi has still to find a formation that we can still play to our strengths without the wee man, for me I would give Wotherspoon and Galbraith the opertunity to show what they can do to unlock the defense, it's all very well playing Wotherspoon as a right wing back but he is outstanding as an attacking right midfielder and Galbraith hasn't had a chance to really show what he can do.

HibeeB
23-11-2009, 02:20 PM

Are you saying he's a tumbler :grr:

Away home and play with your flute :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
23-11-2009, 02:25 PM
I think this thread is a true reflection on how good Zemmama is. :agree:

MacBean
23-11-2009, 02:30 PM
I think this thread is a true reflection on how good Zemmama is. :agree:

it certainly magnifies his absence

Ell_Chrisso
23-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Zemmama is over-rated.
Cant even tackle!

Jack
23-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Ye shower o’ cheeky ******** :grr:

3,000+ posts and then I make one wee typo and you all jump down my keyboard like bytes up a mouse cable!

Thank [insert sweary word] I didn’t fart! :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
23-11-2009, 02:40 PM
it certainly magnifies his absence

I mirror your sentiments on the matter.

IndieHibby
23-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Zemmama definitely crystallises everthing that goes on in our midfield. His quality is transparent to every other team, hence the attempts to chip away at him during matches......

Bob1875
23-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Zemmama is over-rated.
Cant even tackle!

Eh???

Hibercelona
23-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Zemmama is over-rated.
Cant even tackle!

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. You must see right through the fantastic talent he puts on display.

I suggest you get that chip off your shoulder about the wee man.

He's a glass player. :cool2:

Ell_Chrisso
23-11-2009, 03:20 PM
He is like...

Can't tackle, Can't go up and win a header, Doesn't burst a gut to get back.

Jim44
23-11-2009, 03:26 PM
He is like...

There's been many a great player lacking some or all of the attributes you mention. George Best for example. No, I'm not comparing Zemmama with Best but I don't think Zemmama's importance to a good Hibs performance should be dismissed.

Hibbyradge
23-11-2009, 03:28 PM
He is like...

He runs past players, and he creates chances and scores goals.

We're miles better with him in the team.

Hibercelona
23-11-2009, 03:29 PM
He is like...

Aye... he must be overrated right enough.

The fact that he's an attacking midfielder and not a defensive midfielder wouldn't have anything to do with... :rolleyes:

Ell_Chrisso
23-11-2009, 03:50 PM
On the other hand, he is no too shabby at the following..

Taking players on,
First touch,
Finishing,
Movement.

And sheer class! :cool2: :wink:

Hibbyradge
23-11-2009, 03:54 PM
On the other hand, he is no too shabby at the following..

Taking players on,
First touch,
Finishing,
Movement.

And sheer class! :cool2: :wink:

:troll:

:take that

1875godsgift
23-11-2009, 05:08 PM
There's been many a great player lacking some or all of the attributes you mention. George Best for example. No, I'm not comparing Zemmama with Best but I don't think Zemmama's importance to a good Hibs performance should be dismissed.

Now there's a player who was a glass apart from most others in the SPL

monktonharp
24-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Er,,,,,Zemmama is currently out of the Hibernian team because of a groin strain,which he picked up early in the Aberdeen game. he has not been chopped down,by a clogger and every opposing player is NOT out to get him,as of yet:wink: he was not playing against St.Mirren,which seems a sensible move,given the extreme weather conditions.which was indicated in the match report by the sports journo at EEN,who was at that game.he does get most of his HFC reports pretty much correct. imho.:cool2:

MacBean
24-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Ye shower o’ cheeky ******** :grr:

3,000+ posts and then I make one wee typo and you all jump down my keyboard like bytes up a mouse cable!

Thank [insert sweary word] I didn’t fart! :rolleyes:

auch it was only a wind up!

couldn't resist!:wink: