PDA

View Full Version : Sam Morrow

Billy Whizz
23-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Met him yesterday. He is training with Kilmarnock as the League of Ireland is now finished. He also mentioned that Tam McManus is training at Hamilton so we may see these 2 at Easter Rd in the not too distant future.
I remember McManus got a great reception wihen he played against Hibs at ER a few seasons ago.

Part/Time Supporter
23-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Met him yesterday. He is training with Kilmarnock as the League of Ireland is now finished. He also mentioned that Tam McManus is training at Hamilton so we may see these 2 at Easter Rd in the not too distant future.
I remember McManus got a great reception wihen he played against Hibs at ER a few seasons ago.

Not terribly surprising, they were both with Derry City, who have been kicked out of the top league in the Republic because of some very dodgy dealings.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/8353540.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/8348690.stm

--------
23-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Not terribly surprising, they were both with Derry City, who have been kicked out of the top league in the Republic because of some very dodgy dealings.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/8353540.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/8348690.stm

The SFA should be so careful about the financial dealings of OUR clubs.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-11-2009, 12:09 PM

When he played for Dundee against us, he got a fair bit of ribbing and looked like spitting the dummy a few times, but I do recall that he got a decent round of applause when he went off. He scored some crackers for us. For me though, he should have paid less attention to the wee lassies at the front of the east getting themselves into a froth whenever he had the ball.

HibbyAndy
23-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Good luck in your next career move Sammy :agree:

Will never forget that sitter (header at the famous five end) against Hearts at new year late on in the match which you put past the post.

Could have become a true star with the supporters had that gone in..anyways good luck :aok:

500miles
23-11-2009, 06:10 PM
I seem to remember Morrow scoring a cracker. Then he said after it, "If it hadn't have come off, I would have looked like a real donkey" or something along those lines. What was it again?

.Sean.
23-11-2009, 06:11 PM
I remember Morrow scoring a belter at Tannadice, IIRC we won 4-0. Deeks, O'Connor and Alen Orman with the other goals!

Was gutted when Wee Tam left, met him countless times and he is a great guy.

Anybody got a link for or a video of that volley at the Hunnery? I remember it as one of the best goals i've seen for us, an absolute belter. Isnae even on the ''Goals and Glory'' DVD

HibbyAndy
23-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I seem to remember Morrow scoring a cracker. Then he said after it, "If it hadn't have come off, I would have looked like a real donkey" or something along those lines. What was it again?

I vaguely remember that..defo at the away end when he kinda flicked it onto his left foot.it was a cup game against Brechin or the likes.

HibbyAndy
23-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I remember Morrow scoring a belter at Tannadice, IIRC we won 4-0. Deeks, O'Connor and Alen Orman with the other goals!
Was gutted when Wee Tam left, met him countless times and he is a great guy.

Anybody got a link for or a video of that volley at the Hunnery? I remember it as one of the best goals i've seen for us, an absolute belter. Isnae even on the ''Goals and Glory'' DVD

That was 4-1 Hibs after going 1-0 down.

Storar
23-11-2009, 06:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egKPu90S2SU

HibbyAndy
23-11-2009, 06:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egKPu90S2SU

That was utterly outrageous to even try that! :agree:

.Sean.
23-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Thats the one mate, cheers :thumbsup:

Who missed the pen and what was the score when it missed?

HibbyAndy
23-11-2009, 06:26 PM

Cant remember a penalty been missed mate?.

Think it was boxing day tho with a healthy 4k plus hibs support, and IIRC we went up to 3rd with Motherwell drawing with Aberdeen.

Danderhall Hibs
23-11-2009, 06:28 PM

McManus missed the penalty. I think we were 1-2 up and that would've sealed it. Could be wrong on that though.

Danderhall Hibs
23-11-2009, 06:29 PM

Think it was boxing day tho with a healthy 4k plus hibs support, and IIRC we went up to 3rd with Motherwell drawing with Aberdeen.

What game are you talking about?!

The McManus goal was in August/September and the Morrow miss was 2 January - and it was played at ER.

.Sean.
23-11-2009, 06:29 PM

I think that game was very early on in the season mate, nowhere near christmas?

Was also my first trip to Ibrox. First trip to Celtic was even worse, 6-0 loss with Deeks getting sent off.

HibbyAndy
23-11-2009, 06:31 PM

The McManus goal was in August/September and the Morrow miss was 2 January - and it played at ER.

I think that game was very early on in the season mate, nowhere near christmas?

Was also my first trip to Ibrox. First trip to Celtic was even worse, 6-0 loss with Deeks getting sent off.

Sorry chaps i though Sean ment the penalty miss in the 4-1 hibs game at Tannadice :greengrin

jgl07
23-11-2009, 06:31 PM

Didn't all Morrow's goals for Hibs come against teams from Angus: Dundee, Dundee United and Brechin?

HibbyAndy
23-11-2009, 06:32 PM

The McManus goal was in August/September and the Morrow miss was 2 January - and it was played at ER.

Hence why i said at the famous five end :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
23-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Sorry chaps i though Sean ment the penalty miss in the 4-1 hibs game at Tannadice :greengrin

I'm with you now! That game was about 27/12 or 28/12 and there was no missed penalty.

HibbyAndy
23-11-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm with you now! That game was about 27/12 or 28/12 and there was no missed penalty.

:agree:

Correct

Billychaotic182
23-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Tam was my fave player when i was a kid. Mind my 1st away game he ended up pole dancing after scoring a pen :faf:

Jonnyboy
23-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Tam was my fave player when i was a kid. Mind my 1st away game he ended up pole dancing after scoring a pen :faf:

Tannadeechy :greengrin

Tam was a top bloke - probably still is :greengrin

rainman
24-11-2009, 12:37 AM
I remember when McManus was training with Hibs again under JC with a view to securing a contract. I went to an u21 game at meadowbank where his performance was the definition of headless chicken. He was subbed to a standing ovation and then a lot of fans were up in arms when he wasn't offered a deal.

Top bloke. Pish attitude.

zlatan
24-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Didn't all Morrow's goals for Hibs come against teams from Angus: Dundee, Dundee United and Brechin?

His goal against Brechin was a cracker IIRC.

I liked Morrow but he just wasn't as good as the other players we had at the time, remember him coming off the bench and missing sitter after sitter in a derby at Easter Road?

Dibben
24-11-2009, 05:41 AM

Think that was the SC game against St Mirren. He was running down the right channel, he then back healed the ball, turned and finished superbly!

BH.

HibeeUnderwood
24-11-2009, 03:55 PM
I could easily see both players returning to the SPL, but with bottom 6 sides because they were utter gash for us :hahaha::devil:

They may have improved slightly but not by much :agree: alas why they will suit bottom 6 sides :agree:

dirtydirk
24-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I could easily see both players returning to the SPL, but with bottom 6 sides because they were utter gash for us :hahaha::devil:

They may have improved slightly but not by much :agree: alas why they will suit bottom 6 sides :agree:

McManus was a good player for us but in a relatively bad hibs team at the time. Plus it was the turning point for Hibs when Mogga came in and shipped him and Brebner straight out

Billychaotic182
24-11-2009, 05:01 PM
McManus was a good player for us but in a relatively bad hibs team at the time. Plus it was the turning point for Hibs when Mogga came in and shipped him and Brebner straight out

He was a class player for us, it was his demons off the field that could him dropped.

Tam was a better striker than Konte and Morrow

HibeeUnderwood
24-11-2009, 06:30 PM

I do remember seeing McManus a few times and was ok, but we have had a lot more strikers who I feel have been better than he has :agree:

Just Jimmy
24-11-2009, 07:21 PM
McManus put us 1-0 up at ibrox with that goal. They made it 1-1 and murray made it 2-1 hibs. They made it 2-2, and McManus missed a penalty. They went on to win 5-2.