PDA

View Full Version : Is Mowbray now as ungracious as WGS?

hibsbollah
22-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Todays match stats from tannadice were;

Possession: Celtic 54% Dundee U 46%
Attempts on Goal: Celtic 7 Dundee Utd 10
Attempts on Target: Celtic 5 Dundee Utd 5
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8369540.stm
However; the simian-headed one says;

"We totally dominated and we didn't get what we deserved from the game but we need to take it on the chin and move on.

"They couldn't get near our goal, never mind score. But credit to them, they were great deliveries from the set plays.

"We've lost a game that we should never have lost. When we add the bits of quality we can be very successful for a very long time.

"They showed over the 85 minutes today that there was a huge gulf in quality on the pitch but any team can score from a set play if you don't defend them properly.

"At these times we've got to stick together. Next weekend we'll all be back in it together trying to win a football match."

I'm really starting to dislike him:rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
22-11-2009, 08:17 PM

"We totally dominated and we didn't get what we deserved from the game but we need to take it on the chin and move on.

"They couldn't get near our goal, never mind score. But credit to them, they were great deliveries from the set plays.

"We've lost a game that we should never have lost. When we add the bits of quality we can be very successful for a very long time.

"They showed over the 85 minutes today that there was a huge gulf in quality on the pitch but any team can score from a set play if you don't defend them properly.

"At these times we've got to stick together. Next weekend we'll all be back in it together trying to win a football match."

Up till a few months ago I wouldn't hear a word against him - now he's just making a complete tool of himself at every interview. Its the Celtc way I suppose..

Bostonhibby
22-11-2009, 08:20 PM
think he will be out by January, the natives are definitely restless, and he is not celtic minded enough. They are rapidly runninngout of candidates who meet their exacting standards :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
22-11-2009, 08:21 PM
He's a total TlT :agree:

IWasThere2016
22-11-2009, 08:22 PM

If WGS had made those comments we'd be going mental .. TM is turning all prick!

burleynomore
22-11-2009, 08:24 PM
He was relaxed and laid back during after match interviews with Hibs. Now he is under pressure and he canot get teams organised defensively. Have disliked him since the Huddle at ER.
It is now quite clear he was a lucky man when he arrived at ER. The players there where young and good and able to play to his footballing style.

Hibercelona
22-11-2009, 08:28 PM
He won us the cup you know... :duck:

Barney McGrew
22-11-2009, 08:28 PM
He was relaxed and laid back during after match interviews with Hibs. Now he is under pressure and he canot get teams organised defensively. Have disliked him since the Huddle at ER.
It is now quite clear he was a lucky man when he arrived at ER. The players there where young and good and able to play to his footballing style.

With us, we largely tolerated bad results as long as the team played well.

At Celtc winning is the only thing that matters, and it's clear he's struggling to cope with the expectations of their support.

Del Boy
22-11-2009, 08:29 PM
like everyone who goes there he's turned into a total ******.

NAE NOOKIE
22-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Heard the interview on Radio Scotland after the Dundee Utd game.

This is a man who in his time at Hibs and WBA set the standard for winning and losing with equal good grace, manners and class.

After 6 months or less at Smeltic he has become a total plank.

Thats what the OF do to you I suppose.

:bitchy:

Dalkeith Hibee
22-11-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm absolutely loving whats happening to him just now.

He jumped ship twice when he saw a better opportunity....all this after banging on to young Hibs players about loyalty and staying put etc.

He used to come across as a real classy guy when he was at Hibs but some of his comments recently just show how much he wants to pander to the Celtic support by showing the same classless mentality that they all share.

If he got the sack I certainly wouldnt feel sorry for him.

lapsedhibee
22-11-2009, 08:38 PM
He used to come across as a real classy guy when he was at Hibs but some of his comments recently just show how much he wants to pander to the Celtic support by showing the same classless mentality that they all share.

:agree: He knew long ago that 'tic was short for Celtc. But it's only dawning on him now that Tim is short for victim, and his whole mindset has changed to fit in.

CorrieHibs
22-11-2009, 08:43 PM
He got lucky at hibs he was blessed with the best youngsters a scottish club has produced in many years. He just had to show them the way.Remember some of the p*sh he bought.He is tactically naïve. Watching celtic defending set pieces is like watching hibs when he was in charge woeful. And yeh he is now a pr*ck in interviews but that's what the ugly sisters do to u.

keep the faith
22-11-2009, 08:44 PM
That incident where he refused to look at the tv screen when shown the McGeady dive at Easter Road was of the examples of how he has acted since he came back to Scotland. I cant believe this is the same guy from his time with us. He is dour, arrogant, defensive and quickly alienating everyone. Most of all he has shown an utter lack of class.

cock

Jack
22-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Sad really.
So deluded, given the evidence, he's begining to look a cert for the Hahahearts job.

The Green Goblin
22-11-2009, 08:57 PM
TM brought a much needed feel-good factor and some good ideas to Hibs, the main one being the training centre, but as a manager, he got off with absolute murder, when you look at the actual results under his stewardship.

I think now that I was blinded by the exciting way in which the large number of talented players he inherited sometimes performed. Under TM, the Hibs support were far too easily sold the idea that flair and skill were somehow substitutes for results, and we swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

I haven`t even got onto some of the utter donkeys TM signed or his total failure to urgently correct a dire goalkeeping situation that cost us very badly indeed, or the way he jumped ship after spouting a lot of pish to the players that they should remain loyal and serve their apprenticeships.

Now, Mowbray is being found out.

I wonder if he`ll try to tell the Celtic fans "if we play like that, we`ll lose more than we win"? :devil:

GG

(((Fergus)))
22-11-2009, 08:58 PM

Couple of quotes from his interview today:

Quote 1:

Quote 2:

Which is it? Not enough quality or too much?

Hibs Class
22-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I'm absolutely loving whats happening to him just now.

He jumped ship twice when he saw a better opportunity....all this after banging on to young Hibs players about loyalty and staying put etc.

If he got the sack I certainly wouldnt feel sorry for him.

:agree: Agree completely

Kaiser1962
22-11-2009, 09:16 PM

I am coming to the same conclusion. WAs of the belief that he was a man of morality after all he has been through but his behaviour and comments are leaving a bad taste in my mouth. The same problems (i.e. poor defence) have followed him from job to job and he is realising good football and pretty patterns dont win him plaudits with the dodgers.

ancient hibee
22-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Anyone who thinks that an OF manager is going to give a post match interview praising another SPL team after losing to them is living in cloud cuckoo land.

jodjam
22-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Anyone who thinks that an OF manager is going to give a post match interview praising another SPL team after losing to them is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Totally agree. Being an OF manager means that no matter the result or performance you have to pander to the dribbling hordes. I enjoyed TM and MV at ER but when they left then I care not a jot about them.

Coco Bryce
22-11-2009, 10:18 PM

Bollocks! Walter Smith does it often.

sixtwo
22-11-2009, 10:29 PM

Martin o'neill was also quite fair I thought.:agree:

I used to think he (Mowbray) was a very decent bloke who always showed respect for his oponents while representing his club in a professional manner. Maybe I was looking at things through green tinted glasses. A jambo mate from work insists he was always like that in the past.

When I think about it, refusing to meet with levein after a derby defeat (a few years back) could have been taken as being disrespectful. At the time I didn't think so but now I have taken of the green tinted glasses I can see him for the ungracious git that he is!

jacomo
22-11-2009, 11:45 PM
TM brought a much needed feel-good factor and some good ideas to Hibs, the main one being the training centre, but as a manager, he got off with absolute murder, when you look at the actual results under his stewardship.

I think now that I was blinded by the exciting way in which the large number of talented players he inherited sometimes performed. Under TM, the Hibs support were far too easily sold the idea that flair and skill were somehow substitutes for results, and we swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

I haven`t even got onto some of the utter donkeys TM signed or his total failure to urgently correct a dire goalkeeping situation that cost us very badly indeed, or the way he jumped ship after spouting a lot of pish to the players that they should remain loyal and serve their apprenticeships.

Now, Mowbray is being found out.

I wonder if he`ll try to tell the Celtic fans "if we play like that, we`ll lose more than we win"? :devil:

GG

I don't subscribe to this wholescale revisionism, he did a good job at Hibs before his head was turned.

He also did as well as any manager can at WBA, unless that club decides to back their manager next time they get promoted.

But it was clear that he wasn't the finished article at Hibs, and IMO he still isn't. He was disrespectful to Hibs on his return to ER (showed a lack of character), and it just seems his face don't fit at Celtc.

Heading for the sack, I think.

monktonharp
23-11-2009, 12:14 AM
I don't subscribe to this wholescale revisionism, he did a good job at Hibs before his head was turned.

He also did as well as any manager can at WBA, unless that club decides to back their manager next time they get promoted.

But it was clear that he wasn't the finished article at Hibs, and IMO he still isn't. He was disrespectful to Hibs on his return to ER (showed a lack of character), and it just seems his face don't fit at Celtc.

Heading for the sack, I think.:agree:totally agree with your (football :wink:)comments.he has inherited a couple of real huddies at the back too,and signed a couple of naebdys heardofs who look as if they are just not celtic class tbh. he'll no be there long,as i've said before.

Mag7
23-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Sad to see what's happening to Mowbray. His grace and level-headedness in defeat when at Hibs and WBA was admirable, while he was equally respectful towards opponents he'd just gubbed.

Sadly, the pressure of managing Celtic is starting to tell and the enormity of the mistake he has made in taking the job is dawning on him. Comments like those he made today are ill befitting a man like Mowbray, whom I have always had immense respect for.

He has made a major mistake in returning to Celtic and this job could well shatter a promising mangerial career. Big mistake Tony. I thought you'd have known better :violin:

Nando™
23-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Screw Mowbray, the day he done 'that' huddle he truly became just another one of them, no different in my eyes. I'm loving his troubles at the moment.

poolman
23-11-2009, 02:44 AM
That incident where he refused to look at the tv screen when shown the McGeady dive at Easter Road was of the examples of how he has acted since he came back to Scotland. I cant believe this is the same guy from his time with us. He is dour, arrogant, defensive and quickly alienating everyone. Most of all he has shown an utter lack of class.

cock

:agree:

Very quickly caught a bad case of weegieitis

Steve-O
23-11-2009, 06:24 AM
Sounds like Mogga has completely lost the plot to be honest.

I'm not going to blame him too much for 'jumping ship' and all but it seems like the SellickFootballClub job is just too much for him.

Mon Dieu4
23-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Levein replied by saying the gulf in class wasnt that big & he didnt feel Utd were too much better than Celtc:faf::top marks

Dashing Bob S
23-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Mowbray made a massive error of judgement coming to Celtic. He had the talented youngsters at ER, and gave us the football we craved. Then he jumped ship at WBA and played great football, but naive for that League as to play Arsenal football you need Arsenal players or you get badly punished.

His plan in going to Celtic was obviously to notch up trophies and have a few decent runs in Europe, to put him in the shop window for a bigger English job, while fine-tuning his defensive game.

However, he picked the wrong time to come back. He's never been great at winning derbies and Celtic seem to have lost a lot of combative steel under him. More important, any Scottish team will now have to play CL qualifiers in the preseason, which effectively means it'll be a long time before we see a Scottish club in the CL sections, let alone the knockout stages. No shopwindow, and no cash, resulting in shabbier personnel.

And...he's inherited Caldwell (who wants 20 grand a week).

Could be the move that messes up him managerial career. I wouldn't be surprised if he was at Crewe or Doncaster in 18 months.

johnrebus
23-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Judging by the BBC highlights, Saint Tony ( as was ) should forget about making facetious comments and concentrate on his centre backs defending set pieces.

Absolutely shocking stuff, that you would struggle to see at Inverleith Park on a Sunday morning.

:rolleyes:

brog
23-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Anyone who pays £3million for Marc Antoine Fortune & also signs & plays Larry N'Guemo has some serious problems re their appraisal of a player's abilities. Without doubt he brought some talented players to ER, Boozy & Murphy being the outstanding examples but he also brought the Mali magician & Humphrey Rudge.
PS, some on this board have said we were lucky to get £3mm for Fletch. If Fortune's the benchmark then Fletch is worth £10mm now!

--------
23-11-2009, 11:26 AM

:agree: You got there ahead of me, Coco. Whatever else one might think about Walter Smith, he knows how to give a decent post-match interview. I can't remember him being anything other than gracious on the occasions we've got a result against them. Last year's SC Final comes to mind too. And sixtwo's right about O'Neill, too.

FWIW, I reckon Mowbray did a good job getting us out of the hole we were in post Mcleish, post-Blobby, but he wasn't worth the way a lot of fans idolised him.

Good coach? Yup - with young players not set in their ways. Not so goofd with seasoned older players.

Gentleman? Erm, probably not. I still wonder exactly what he had said to Brown and Katie about revising their contracts, and whether he knew he'd be leaving for WBA when he said it. I'm not convinced he was upfront, fair and honest in his dealings with Deek. Nor am I clear why he gave Caldwell so much leeway to go to Aalkmaar (with the offered contract 'still on the table' until he came back), but wouldn't give Rocastle even a couple of days to suss things out at Chelsea.

He signed some decent players, sure; he also signed some complete tumshies - Brown, Zibi, Konte, Martis spring to mind. He also signed one or two players who looked (to my eye) OK, but then didn't play them - Konde and Rudge? - they didn't play often enough for anyone (even Mowbray?) to really know whether they could have done a job for us or not. Chris Hogg was another who seemed to be well out of favour at times, no obvious reason why.

And I don't think he has the hard core to see players through the really tough games - the semis where you have to dig deep to go through, the crunch games that decide European qualification, the title deciders?

He preached loyalty and sticking around to the players - something about 'learning their trade' before moving on, IIRC - then jumped ship to WBA before he'd learned his own. I also reckon he left a number of time-bombs quietly ticking for his successor - Brown and Thomson, Stewart....

I also have to say that I have rarely been as embarrassed as a Hibee EVER as I was the afternoon we played out time against Rangers, losing 1-0 and not trying one bit for the last 15-20 minutes, and ending up handing them the championship when Celtic lost to Motherwell. Not that I'm bothered about which half of the OF won - but Mowbray should have known enough, and been honest enough, and been man enough to make absolutely sure that Hibs gave 100% that afternoon and more. That was a serious error of judgement, and I was actually surprised no one at Parkhead made more of it at the time than they did.

JimBHibees
23-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Saw his interview didnt see the game however he came over as an absolute plum. Mentioning something about the Celtc fans being some of the Best in the World for 85 mins. not so great then.

His line about a huge gulf in class sounded totally disrespectful and very Strachanesque. Looks like he is struggling big time and wouldnt be surprised if he went before Christmas.

It does seem that Celtc officials (includuig Lawwell, Reid etc) have a real issue giving anyone else any sort of respect as has been said the last guy to do it was O'Neill. Walter Smith has regularly given other teams decent credit when they have got a result against Rangers.

TheMentalHibees
23-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I lost any respect I had for him after his wee huddle at ER earlier this season. No sympathy for him at all, he's become a torn-faced, disrespectful and generally miserly twit.

hibsbollah
23-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Levein replied by saying the gulf in class wasnt that big & he didnt feel Utd were too much better than Celtc:faf::top marks

Thats a great response from the young Hogwarts graduate:thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
23-11-2009, 12:58 PM

:faf:

:agree:

Personally, I don't believe his (or Veno's) heart is in the job. I think he'll be away at the first opportunity .. Hull perhaps?

(((Fergus)))
23-11-2009, 01:13 PM

Hoops gaffer Mowbray was left reeling by Darren Dods' late winner but claimed his side were the far better team.

He said: "I don't think we got what we deserved from the game.

"I felt there was a HUGE gulf in quality and class today between the two teams." :dummytit:

That comment left Levein raging and he rapped: "I didn't think we were that much better than them. That is doing Celtic an injustice.

:faf:

jacomo
23-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Doddie,

Wise words indeed.

It did strike me that Mowbray - like Collins and McLeish - left Hibs during a slump in form. His away record was already coming under scrutiny before this.

Had he stayed and sorted out the problems, I think he'd be a better manager today. But, as you say, he left a number of issues - foremost Katie and Brown's contracts - for his successor.

I don't blame him for making a few bad signings... I think this will happen to anyone, and he may have seen enough of Rudge et al in training to make a decision on them. It's clear, though, that he has no eye for a keeper!

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Couldn't give a gnat's chuff about Mowbray now but......

Mowbray was the BEST Hibs manager in recent history and to suggest he wasn't as good as we used to think is totally hypocritical!

Steve20
23-11-2009, 02:12 PM
I also have to say that I have rarely been as embarrassed as a Hibee EVER as I was the afternoon we played out time against Rangers, losing 1-0 and not trying one bit for the last 15-20 minutes, and ending up handing them the championship when Celtic lost to Motherwell. Not that I'm bothered about which half of the OF won - but Mowbray should have known enough, and been honest enough, and been man enough to make absolutely sure that Hibs gave 100% that afternoon and more. That was a serious error of judgement, and I was actually surprised no one at Parkhead made more of it at the time than they did.

Don't get me wrong, I think Mowbray is a **** but I can't agree with this. It was sensible to see out time in that game. I have always thought the only Hibs fans who could really have got annoyed at that were the ones who favour Celtic over Rangers. Nothing wrong with that if thats who they favour, but there would be no other reason to be upset over that.

Why would they make more of it at Parkhead? Had they won at Motherwell, they would have been champs. Instead, they bottled it.

Part/Time Supporter
23-11-2009, 02:14 PM

They would have done the same thing.

And they were man enough then to admit that it was their own fault. The Hibs / Rangers armistice had been going on for over 10 minutes before McDonald scored.

Westie1875
23-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Couldn't give a gnat's chuff about Mowbray now but......

Mowbray was the BEST Hibs manager in recent history and to suggest he wasn't as good as we used to think is totally hypocritical!

Depends on how you define best. If its based on winning things then JC takes that title (it was NOT TMs team), if its based on good football & some great performances then McLeish runs him very close IMO. We had just as many horrific results/performances under TM as good ones, many of the derbies don't even bear thinking about.

And I am another who has absolutely no time for TM after that pathetic huddle at Easter Road and the shennanigans of refusing to watch the McGeady dive replays.

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Depends on how you define best. If its based on winning things then JC takes that title (it was NOT TMs team), if its based on good football & some great performances then McLeish runs him very close IMO. We had just as many horrific results/performances under TM as good ones, many of the derbies don't even bear thinking about.

And I am another who has absolutely no time for TM after that pathetic huddle at Easter Road and the shennanigans of refusing to watch the McGeady dive replays.He's the 'BEST' from this general consensus, by a large majority!

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=145461&highlight=Mowbray+poll

CorrieHibs
23-11-2009, 03:02 PM
I've still never forgave him for The semi against Dundee united and most of all hearts. When he basically surrendered to them by saying we had no chance of winning against them as we had half a team. :grr:

The Green Goblin
23-11-2009, 07:03 PM

Heading for the sack, I think.

I did acknowledge the good things he did as manager, but I stand by my comments, that as far as results were concerned, he got off with a lot more than some others would have done. Not wholescale revisionism, just not seeing it through TM tinted glasses any more.

GG

--------
23-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think Mowbray is a **** but I can't agree with this. It was sensible to see out time in that game. I have always thought the only Hibs fans who could really have got annoyed at that were the ones who favour Celtic over Rangers. Nothing wrong with that if thats who they favour, but there would be no other reason to be upset over that.

Why would they make more of it at Parkhead? Had they won at Motherwell, they would have been champs. Instead, they bottled it.

And we didn't bother our backsides for most of the second half of that game.

That was a game with potentially a major bearing on the outcome of the Championship. It was only irrelevant if you assumed (at the time) that Celtic
were bound to beat Motherwell. Maybe that's what Mowbray thought. But if we'd beaten Rangers, Celtic would have been champions regardless. We didn't try. It's a matter of integrity and credibility - Mowbray's and the team's.

I lost count of the number of Rangers fans who 'thanked' me during the week following because my team had 'let Rangers win'. We should have been clearly seen to be trying everything to beat Rangers.

ancient hibee
23-11-2009, 07:30 PM
As Rangers have not lost in the SPL this season I'm afraid it's you who is talking bollocks.

Calvin
23-11-2009, 08:59 PM

That was a game with potentially a major bearing on the outcome of the Championship. It was only irrelevant if you assumed (at the time) that Celtic
were bound to beat Motherwell. Maybe that's what Mowbray thought. But if we'd beaten Rangers, Celtic would have been champions regardless. We didn't try. It's a matter of integrity and credibility - Mowbray's and the team's.

I lost count of the number of Rangers fans who 'thanked' me during the week following because my team had 'let Rangers win'. We should have been clearly seen to be trying everything to beat Rangers.
I agree in principal but a 1-0 defeat was a scoreline that suited us completely. I wouldn't have gambled our European spot that day either.

Nando™
23-11-2009, 11:00 PM

So?

Woody1985
23-11-2009, 11:12 PM

That's the mark of a class manager. He's not letting anyone disrespect his players and what they're working towards. Those ***** think they have a right to win every game they.

I wasn't overly pissed off about the huddle but when the pathetic ******* wouldn't look at the replay of the McGeady dive I felt that he had stooped to an all time low.

I wouldn't hold it against the guy for moving to West Brom and then to Celtic. I know he was a bit of a hypocrite but those type of opportunities might never come up again.

I take that view in that it's slightly different from players moving to the OF as it would appear that's where their ambition ends. TM was always going to try and progress as a manager after West Brom.

Coco Bryce
23-11-2009, 11:21 PM
As Rangers have not lost in the SPL this season I'm afraid it's you who is talking bollocks.

Who mentioned this season? Or even the fact they hadn't lost?

How many games have they drawn? Quite a few if I remember correctly and I would bet any money that Auld Wally would have credited some of they're opposition involving these games.

Steve20
24-11-2009, 08:46 AM

Why should we have been seen to do that?

Sorry but it being a major bearing on the championship meant nothing to Hibs. There is no way I would have risked the chance of a place in the Uefa Cup. Who cares what half of the Old Firm win the league? I don't, so it didn't bother me at all that the Huns won it then. We qualified for the Uefa Cup and that's what mattered.

CorrieHibs
24-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Why should we have been seen to do that?

Sorry but it being a major bearing on the championship meant nothing to Hibs. There is no way I would have risked the chance of a place in the Uefa Cup. Who cares what half of the Old Firm win the league? I don't, so it didn't bother me at all that the Huns won it then. We qualified for the Uefa Cup and that's what mattered.

Exactly Celtic lost the title that day all they had to do was beat Motherwell and they didn't. If we went for a equaliser we might of risked losing a second goal and we would of finished 4th.

jacomo
24-11-2009, 12:49 PM
I did acknowledge the good things he did as manager, but I stand by my comments, that as far as results were concerned, he got off with a lot more than some others would have done. Not wholescale revisionism, just not seeing it through TM tinted glasses any more.

GG

Eh? You said he got away with "absolute murder" results... remind where Hibs finished in Mowbray's two full seasons?

Yes he had some great young players in the squad, but being young they were naturally inconsistent too - was that the manager's fault as well?

I am not trying to defend Mowbray here, but I am also not going to rewrite recent history - although I realise it is something that many on Hibs.net are very fond of doing.

Bad Martini
24-11-2009, 12:50 PM
As I said when he was at Hibs, he wasnt above criticisim.

Crap like "we'll win more than we loose" was always dubious. Letting players take the piss at training isnt on.

And when he said "his" team (referring to Celtic) in the sunday papers, err, didn't that make it obvious to all who would listen as to where is true allegiences lied? NOPE...couldnt say a word against the blessed saint tony.

To top it all, he come to Easter Road with "his team", turned his ****ing back on the fans and proceeded to make a complete tit out himself with the huddle.

Tony is nothing to Hibs now. He proved where is real allegience lies with that huddle and him and celtic are well suited - a big group of fannies together.

Hope they get horsed every time they play and I dont give a **** how long Saint Tony keeps his job.

ENDOF :agree:

hibbymark
24-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Really enjoyed watching hibs under mowbray.Having watched total lillian gish before he arrived! I also had no problem with him moving to west brom because he said from day one that he had ambitions to manage in the prem one day and he saw wba as a way of getting there.I also used to laugh when Strachan was getting interviewed in england and would take the total p**h out the media.My question would be do they have to take a total a/hole pill when they arrive in the weege? I listen to mowbray now and cant believe this is the same guy. TOTAL DICK OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

poolman
24-11-2009, 07:28 PM
As I said when he was at Hibs, he wasnt above criticisim.

Crap like "we'll win more than we loose" was always dubious. Letting players take the piss at training isnt on.

And when he said "his" team (referring to Celtic) in the sunday papers, err, didn't that make it obvious to all who would listen as to where is true allegiences lied? NOPE...couldnt say a word against the blessed saint tony.

To top it all, he come to Easter Road with "his team", turned his ****ing back on the fans and proceeded to make a complete tit out himself with the huddle.

Tony is nothing to Hibs now. He proved where is real allegience lies with that huddle and him and celtic are well suited - a big group of fannies together.

Hope they get horsed every time they play and I dont give a **** how long Saint Tony keeps his job.

ENDOF :agree:

Hibs were the first team to give TM his chance at management and IIRC he had applied for a few posts before the Tache appointed him

He knew he was mostly, highly regarded by Hibs (management and fans alike) even when he left ER to go to West Brom but as far as I am concerned he can go and take one after that childish, petulant display at ER after the game also he made a right tit out of himself at Tannadice on Sunday with his comments after the game

Him and Smellic are welcome to each other :bye: