PDA

View Full Version : What Have We Got To Worry About?

AugustaHibs
22-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Apart From D.Utd, and injuries, its good to be a hibee At the moment. :thumbsup::thumbsup::flag::flag:On the other side of the city its a diffrent story:devil: :jamboak: GGTH..

Toaods
22-11-2009, 04:00 PM
until such times as we start cranking up goal tallys like back in the Mogga days, we've got plenty to 'worry' about...:cool2:

greenlex
22-11-2009, 04:03 PM
I would suggest injuries to Zouma and McBride and lack of goals from a supposed formidable strike force. Other than that you are quite correct.
:notworthy: :flag::flag::flag: :notworthy:

Hibercelona
22-11-2009, 04:03 PM
until such times as we start cranking up goal tallys like back in the Mogga days, we've got plenty to 'worry' about...:cool2:

Yeah, thats great...

Lets do a Tony Mowbray and score loads of goals...

Then we can concede loads as well... :rolleyes:

Personally, I think we've got the balance just about right. We just haven't been performing in the last couple of games.

Hibs should stick to their tactics IMO. :agree:

HibeeMcGinn1
22-11-2009, 04:17 PM
I would suggest injuries to Zouma and McBride and lack of goals from a supposed formidable strike force. Other than that you are quite correct.
:notworthy: :flag::flag::flag: :notworthy:

21 goals in 14 games

Nish 2
Riordan 6
Stokes 4
Benji 2
Zouma 2

aint all that bad

greenlex
22-11-2009, 04:21 PM
21 goals in 14 games

Nish 2
Riordan 6
Stokes 4
Benji 2
Zouma 2

aint all that bad
You are right of course but when we are playing effectively 4 strikers I expect more than an average of 1.5 goals per game. (Hard taskmaster I know)
I wont be cracking open the champers until the Fat Lady warms down. :greengrin

sahib
22-11-2009, 04:41 PM
21 goals in 14 games

Nish 2
Riordan 6
Stokes 4
Benji 2
Zouma 2

aint all that bad

17 in 12 for the league is a slightly worse ratio. 1.42 goals per game is that good? Seems pretty good for a top six at least.

1.11 2008/9 final position 6th
1.18 2007/8 final position 5th
1.21 2006/7 final position 6th
1.60 2005/6 final position 4th
1.68 2004/5 final position 3rd
1.07 2003/4 final position 8th

Only 5 scored in last 5 games, one goal per game, makes it look like we have fallen back a bit.

nickwhibs
22-11-2009, 05:30 PM
I'd add the 4-3-3 formation that we use from time to time is something to worry about. It's been our own worst enemy this season. Play 4-4-2 with the right players and we'd definately not have much to worry about.

FRes Hibbie
22-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Or 6 goals in 4 league games where Zemmama hasn't been involved (1.5 per game) and 11 goals in 8 games where Zemmama has been involved (1.375 per game) meaning we've scored more goals when Zemmama hasn't played. :******:

PS: this statistic is being generous to Zemmama as I'm crediting our 2 goals against Aberdeen as "a game where Zemmama was involved" - despite the fact that he was off the pitch when both were scored.

jgl07
22-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Things to worry about include:

Zemamma does seem rather injury prone at the moment.

Bamba will be away for January.

Stokes is taking longer than expected to get full match sharpness.

Motherwell and Dundee United are proving difficult to beat.

Still no news over the East Stand rebuild.

Apart from that all is well.

jabis
22-11-2009, 06:42 PM

one injury
will he ?
every time I've seen him he put's in a hell of a shift
as are Hamilton and St Mirren(for all teams)
build it they will come

my mum's got a really sore back,and, after a triple bypass,all the family are worried!

Hibee_Rab
22-11-2009, 10:32 PM

4 points from those two wasn't bad at all

FRes Hibbie
22-11-2009, 10:38 PM
my mum's got a really sore back,and, after a triple bypass,all the family are worried!

:tumble:

VegasHibby
22-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Apart From D.Utd, and injuries, its good to be a hibee At the moment. :thumbsup::thumbsup::flag::flag:On the other side of the city its a diffrent story:devil: :jamboak: GGTH..

Agreed,I've seen it alot worse. Though in times like this when do have a serious chance of taking even 2nd spot we should be beating teams like St.Midden. Getting a point away from home is always a satisfactory result so I'm not complaining but I hope we take it up a notch. I just hope in the Jan window we add some strength and creativity to midfield 'cause a couple of injuries to some of our key players and we're struggling.
We have a good 3 or 4 games coming up where we'll have to at least win 2 or 3 of them to keep pressure on OF and Utd......:notworthy:

Liberal Hibby
22-11-2009, 11:13 PM

It's always good to be a Hibby, but it's far too early to be quite so hubristic. This is Hibs we're talking about and an 11 game slump is as likely as an 11 game unbeaten streak.

heretoday
22-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Hibs have to reestablish themselves as genuine contenders in the next two home games by winning them convincingly.

They were lucky against St Mirren but they can't always count on that.

hibs0666
22-11-2009, 11:54 PM
I'd add the 4-3-3 formation that we use from time to time is something to worry about. It's been our own worst enemy this season. Play 4-4-2 with the right players and we'd definately not have much to worry about.

We play a 4-2-3-1 formation.