PDA

View Full Version : NHC Spurs 9 v Wigan 1 (Merged)

Speedy
22-11-2009, 04:54 PM
:9:-:1:

Kojock
22-11-2009, 04:55 PM
:8:-:1:

finished 9-1

Wembley67
22-11-2009, 04:55 PM
liar....9-1 now
!
Defoe hits 5

Sylar
22-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Wow. Roberto Martinez' jaiket must be oan a shoogly peg, so tae speak!

Phil D. Rolls
Sounds like a spirited display by Wigan then.

Sick Boy
Unbelieveble scenes!! Definitely worth tuning into MOTD 2 tonight to see the highlights of this. :thumbsup:Spurs have been on fire. Defoe has scored 5!! Wigan's goal came courtesy of a Henry-like hand ball in the box that went unnoticed by the officials but I don't suppose it will be the main topic of discussion.:greengrin

CB_NO3
22-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Some result for the Yids.

thekaratekid
22-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I took Defoe out of my fantasy team this week :grr:

Toaods
22-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Wigan's goal came courtesy of a Henry-like hand ball in the box that went unnoticed by the officials but I don't suppose it will be the main topic of discussion.:greengrin

surely the game should be replayed in the interests of fair play...:faf:

JoeTortolanoFanClub
22-11-2009, 05:00 PM
I took Defoe out of my fantasy team this week :grr:

He's a bit one footed, isn't he ? :devil:

Sir David Gray
22-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Wigan had no-one sent off today and from looking at the match preview on the BBC website, it looks like they were practically at full strength for the game as well. :shocked:

Martinez must be fearing for his job after that result.

Wotherspiniesta
22-11-2009, 05:02 PM
And here I am watching Stoke v Portsmouth. Sky get it sorted :grr:

gilliecabbage
22-11-2009, 05:07 PM
surely the game should be replayed in the interests of fair play...:faf::thumbsup: wonder what robbie keane will think of that

cabbageandribs1875
22-11-2009, 05:18 PM
still not the biggest win in the premiership tho

Manchester United's 9-0 win over Ipswich in 1995 remains the biggest win in the Premier League - when Andy Cole scored his five goals. Newcastle hit eight without reply against Sheffield Wednesday in 1999, when Alan Shearer bagged five, including two penalties.

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2009, 05:22 PM
still not the biggest win in the premiership tho

Manchester United's 9-0 win over Ipswich in 1995 remains the biggest win in the Premier League - when Andy Cole scored his five goals. Newcastle hit eight without reply against Sheffield Wednesday in 1999, when Alan Shearer bagged five, including two penalties.

If i remember rightly, George the jakey Burley was manager of Ipswich that day.

--------
22-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Some result for the Yids.

The WHO? :cool2:

Hibbie_Cameron
22-11-2009, 05:25 PM
If i remember rightly, George the jakey Burley was manager of Ipswich that day.

He was:agree:

Russian Hibs Fan
22-11-2009, 05:29 PM
That was some game! Cracking 2nd half. Fantastic lennon and Defoe but shocking Wigan, especially Edman. The only goal Wigan scored with a little help of the Scharner`s HAND.

James70
22-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Shocking result, why on earth did Spurs allow Wigan to score? :wink:

IndieHibby
22-11-2009, 05:36 PM
The WHO? :cool2:

Both Jewish and non-Jewish fans of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Tottenham_Hotspur_F.C.) adopted "Yid" (or "Yiddo") as a nickname (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Nickname) and "Yiddo, Yiddo!" as a battle cry (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Battle_cry) and often identify themselves as "Yid Army". While such usage remains controversial, for the overwhelming majority of Tottenham supporters, it is used with pride[4] (http://www.hibs.net/message/#cite_note-3). Some Jewish Tottenham supporters use it with a political consciousness of the club as a bastion against racism and antisemitism. Others use it simply due to the fact that many of the fans and owners of the club are Jews.

:wink:

--------
22-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Both Jewish and non-Jewish fans of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Tottenham_Hotspur_F.C.) adopted "Yid" (or "Yiddo") as a nickname (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Nickname) and "Yiddo, Yiddo!" as a battle cry (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Battle_cry) and often identify themselves as "Yid Army". While such usage remains controversial, for the overwhelming majority of Tottenham supporters, it is used with pride[4] (http://www.hibs.net/message/#cite_note-3). Some Jewish Tottenham supporters use it with a political consciousness of the club as a bastion against racism and antisemitism. Others use it simply due to the fact that many of the fans and owners of the club are Jews.

:wink:

Right.

Still an ugly word. :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Right.

The spurs fans have a Yids chant. I have often thought we could copy it replacing Yids, with Hibs.

FRes Hibbie
22-11-2009, 05:44 PM
Right.

Just like Tims and Huns :wink:

Sir David Gray
22-11-2009, 05:46 PM

A "hun" is not a slang term for a Protestant.

lapsedhibee
22-11-2009, 05:46 PM

Is Papes'n'Proddies more or less ugly than Yids/Tims/Huns? :dunno:
There's only one way to find out. :take that

Keith_M
22-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Right.

It is an ugly word but the Spurs Fans basically did what Aberdeen supporters have done with the Sheep Sh*ggers chant. Because they took it on themselves as a badge of, well almost pride, it took the sting out of it as an insult.

I personally think it was a clever thing to do, though I realise it's not suitable for every situation.

givescotlandfreedom
22-11-2009, 05:48 PM
If this was an SPL scoreline everyone would be going on about it proves the league is a joke etc etc :blah::duck:

joe breezy
22-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Right.

The word Yid is not an anti semitic word.
The Yid Army are Spurs not Chelsea.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Spurs calling themselves that.

I live in a Jewish district and I am very against anti semitism but if a club and its supporters want to use this term I think it's up to them.

Ajax Amsterdam are similar and they sell Star of David flags at the ground at the Amsterdam Arena.

Anyway, go on the Yids! Good result, one of my favourite London teams although they do have a link with Aberdeen unfortunately.

HibbyAndy
22-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Will always be the wee team in North London.

joe breezy
22-11-2009, 06:11 PM

Or the team in North London that actually has an atmosphere at the game

HibbyAndy
22-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Or the team in North London that actually has an atmosphere at the game

Didnt say anything about atmosphere.

Always be the wee team in North London.

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Just watched the goals, Wigan scored a goal that was a definite hand ball. I wonder if Robbie Keane will want the game replayed.:devil:

Green_one
22-11-2009, 06:24 PM

Ajax Amsterdam are similar and they sell Star of David flags at the ground at the Amsterdam Arena.

I heard that Ajax using the Juden link had backfired and made antisemitic comments more common, as they are seen as anti Ajax. Bit like the poor old Huns get a bad name in Scotland :greengrin

--------
22-11-2009, 06:27 PM

I live in a Jewish district and I am very against anti semitism but if a club and its supporters want to use this term I think it's up to them.

Anyway, go on the Yids! Good result, one of my favourite London teams although they do have a link with Aberdeen unfortunately.

Words aren't anti-anything; it's the people who use them, and the way they're used. I was just surprised to see it on the forum and asked the question.

Now if it were the Gooners or the hammers fans using it.... :cool2:

Phil D. Rolls
22-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I heard that Ajax using the Juden link had backfired and made antisemitic comments more common, as they are seen as anti Ajax. Bit like the poor old Huns get a bad name in Scotland :greengrin

The Ajax Juden chant is embarrassing to a lot of their fans. I was at a game at the Arena once and the older supporters in particular found the whole thing distasteful.

The history of Ajax shows that there is little evidence of a Jewish link. Ajax have traditionally played on a Sunday which would be a working day for most Jews.

There is a line that it was actually fans of other clubs who started up the anti semitic stuff in order to get at Amsterdam. It was around the early 80s that Feyenoord, in particular, started a chant of a hissing sound to imitate the gas chambers - the Ajax fans adopted the Jewish link as a sort of ironic retort. Bear in mind this was a time when it was considered funny to go against older values, think Sid Vicious walking around the Paris ghetto with a swastika on his arm.

Inter city rivalry in Holland is a much more serious issue than it is in Scotland. There is no doubt that there is a strong Jewish link to Amsterdam - less so since the war, for obvious reasons.

That's what I've read and experienced anyway. I accept though, that it is only one school of thought. What is clear is that Ajax were not founded as a Jewish club. Up to the time of De Meer, Ajax stadiums were in a Jewish area of East Amsterdam, and that is the closest there is to a link.

soupy
22-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Doddie, is yam an ugly word?:rolleyes: :greengrin :greengrin

Winston Ingram
22-11-2009, 07:29 PM
You'd struggle to find a Spurs fan who'd be offended by the term Yid. It's how the Spurs fans refer to themselves.

Anyway...9-1

Yid Army!!!!!!!

Hamish
22-11-2009, 09:30 PM

Bollox

LTAF

ronaldo7
22-11-2009, 09:59 PM
What's with it with all you HOBO'S?

You'll argue about anything so you will:wink:

marinello59
22-11-2009, 10:03 PM
What's with it with all you HOBO'S?

You'll argue about anything so you will:wink:

No we won't.

ronaldo7
22-11-2009, 10:05 PM
No we won't.

It is panto season:xwave:xlol

marinello59
22-11-2009, 10:07 PM
It is panto season:xwave:xlol

He's behind you.............

surreyhibbie
22-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Well, speaking as one who has just been offered a free ticket to the Spurs v Wolves game in a couple of weeks, I am really pleased that they are knocking in goals for fun!

:greengrin

It was only 1-0 at half time!!!!

Hibbie_Cameron
22-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Having seen the highlights, Wigan were lucky it was not about 15!!

heretoday
23-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Wigan are a funny shower.

They get great results against Chelsea, Burnley and Man City and now this! Mind you they lost 4 goals to Pompey so the cracks were there.

Spurs are not THAT good, believe me!

VegasHibby
23-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Right.

An ugly word maybe but not near as ugly as their as their customs and beliefs and vision !

FRes Hibbie
23-11-2009, 12:25 AM
A "hun" is not a slang term for a Protestant.

I didn't say it was. I said it was an ugly word.

Sir David Gray
23-11-2009, 12:33 AM
I didn't say it was. I said it was an ugly word.

Not as ugly as "Rangers". :wink:

FRes Hibbie
23-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Not as ugly as "Rangers". :wink:

:greengrin

Billychaotic182
23-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Just got home!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS!!!!!

joe breezy
23-11-2009, 11:12 AM
An ugly word maybe but not near as ugly as their as their customs and beliefs and vision !

What is ugly about Jewish beliefs?
Getting their country back that was theirs for many years before Hadrian commited genocide or circumcision which is proven to be effective against HIV transmission.

Women don't seem to be treated to badly either certainly in comparison to Islam.

All religions are rubbish but some people seem to think anti semitism is okay. It's not.

Phil MaGlass
23-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Pape/prod/yid and in hertz case, knut

--------
23-11-2009, 11:36 AM

Not all Jewish people are Zionists. Not all Jewish people are happy or content with what the Zionists do in Israel.

One African-American can call another African-American '******' without offence. If I do it, it's racist.

One Jew maybe can refer to another Jew as a 'Yid' (I'm not totally convinced about this, but for the sake of argument, let's say so). If I call my jewish friends 'Yids' - they're no longer my friends.

Yid, Hun, Taig, ******, Coon, Chink, Paki - maybe some folks can use them in a politically-unexceptionable and entirel non-racist way, but they're all ugly words and IMO we should none of us use them on this board. Their use will almost certainly be misunderstood. Unless, of course, we all list our ethnic origins (subject to confirmation by the admin) in our private details....

FWIW, IIRC 'Yid' was one of old Alf Garnett's favourite words along with 'coon' and 'paki'. And in the sitcom, he wasn't a Spurs fan.

Phil D. Rolls
23-11-2009, 11:38 AM
What is ugly about Jewish beliefs?
Getting their country back that was theirs for many years before Hadrian commited genocide or circumcision which is proven to be effective against HIV transmission.

Women don't seem to be treated to badly either certainly in comparison to Islam.

All religions are rubbish but some people seem to think anti semitism is okay. It's not.

How did we get here from a thread about Spurs winning 9-1?

--------
23-11-2009, 11:55 AM

Someone referred to them as 'Yids'. I questioned it. The rest is history.

davemcbain
23-11-2009, 12:05 PM

:agree: Barnet have always been the big team in North London.

MacBean
23-11-2009, 12:07 PM
9 cracking goals

600th post:greengrin

--------
23-11-2009, 12:07 PM

As opposed to the big ugly one? I prefer wee teams. :wink:

Wembley67
23-11-2009, 12:09 PM

I was thinking that myself at first glance how a 9-1 thread has went onto two pages...some folk eh :cool2:

Russian Hibs Fan
23-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Poor Roman Pavluchenko. How could he play for Spurs when they have Defoe, Crouch and Keane? :greengrin

TheMentalHibees
23-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Just out of interest, how much has Harry Redknapp spent in transfer fees to take Defoe and Crouch to Pompey and Spurs?

marinello59
23-11-2009, 05:34 PM
This went a wee bit off topic didn't it. Thread closed.