PDA

View Full Version : Shameful display by fellow 'Hibs' fans last night.

Lozmoz21
22-11-2009, 03:43 PM
I realise that I do not post on here often, however today I feel compelled to state my disgust at the actions of so called 'hibs' fans on my way home from Glasgow last night.

Last night on the bus myself, my girlfriend and all the other passengers were subjected to what I first thought were the usual non threatening hibs related songs and of course the couldnae carry Nade song which raised a few smiles. However, the subjects of the songs quickly moved onto religion and more disturbingly, the health of both Darren Jackson and John Hartson.

These individuals disgraced not only themselves but the reputation of Hibernian F.C. Although I realise that the songs were fuelled by drink and I would hope that they would not be given a public airing in the company of children and/or at the football ground. I believe that if these so-called football fans were named they should be instantly banned from attending not only Easter Road but any other football stadium.

Sprouleflyer
22-11-2009, 03:50 PM
I realise that I do not post on here often, however today I feel compelled to state my disgust at the actions of so called 'hibs' fans on my way home from Glasgow last night.

Last night on the bus myself, my girlfriend and all the other passengers were subjected to what I first thought were the usual non threatening hibs related songs and of course the couldnae carry Nade song which raised a few smiles. However, the subjects of the songs quickly moved onto religion and more disturbingly, the health of both Darren Jackson and John Hartson.

These individuals disgraced not only themselves but the reputation of Hibernian F.C. Although I realise that the songs were fuelled by drink and I would hope that they would not be given a public airing in the company of children and/or at the football ground. I believe that if these so-called football fans were named they should be instantly banned from attending not only Easter Road but any other football stadium.

Why would Hibs fans want to sing songs against Darren Jackson?

.Sean.
22-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Sounds like pretty distasteful stuff :grr:

Hibercelona
22-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Why would Hibs fans want to sing songs against Darren Jackson?

Was thinking the same myself. :confused:

I thought he was regarded quite highly when he was playing for the club.

Big Frank
22-11-2009, 04:01 PM

:dummytit::dummytit:

pathetic

lucky
22-11-2009, 04:08 PM

Whilst the songs were no doubt distasteful, why would Hibs ban them from the ground? If any supporter is banned for incidents away from the football this could lead to fans being banned for peeing in the street with a Hibs scarf on at 1100 at night. This was clearly a matter for the police to deal with not Hibernian FC

lapsedhibee
22-11-2009, 04:24 PM

The gist of what you're objecting to is probably right enough, but I cannae get anywhere near morally outraged enough at this to be "disgusted". It's aw sticks and stones to me, assuming that neither children, the elderly, nor fair damsels were being threatened/bullied/distressed etc.

Mikey
22-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Which bus was this on?

johnrebus
22-11-2009, 04:27 PM

Why Darren Jackson ? Because he also played for Hearts ?

Spoke to him a couple of years ago and he is one of the nicest guys you could meet.

He considers his time at ER to be the best of his career and can describe, in detail, every goal ( not just his own ones ) which Hibs scored during this time.

Probably not quite a Hibs legend, but a star nevertheless.

:grr:

libernian
22-11-2009, 04:33 PM
yer my favourite player when we were gash

McHibby
22-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I can remember folk singing a song about Darren Jackson a few years back, it was when he ws diagnosed with a brain tumour (or something like that). It was to the tune of winter wonderland - not very nice, but I have heard worse.

Hibercelona
22-11-2009, 04:37 PM
I personally think its disgusting.

And I would be embarrassed to be sitting around a bunch of ejits singing these type of songs.

It really is the kind of thing that puts people off going back to games.

Regardless of who players have played for. You'd have to be very sick in the mind to wish harm on a living being.

It's a shame that every club has to have them.

Hibby D
22-11-2009, 04:38 PM

I too disapprove of behaviour such as that - there's no place for it in football nor indeed on supporters buses.

I'm assuming you took a stand though and boo'd the singers aye? And spoke to the bus convener?

What bus was it by the way?

And as an aside, whatever health problems DJ has I wish him a speedy recovery (along with Hartson) :agree:

givescotlandfreedom
22-11-2009, 05:03 PM
I too disapprove of behaviour such as that - there's no place for it in football nor indeed on supporters buses.

I'm assuming you took a stand though and boo'd the singers aye? And spoke to the bus convener?

What bus was it by the way?

And as an aside, whatever health problems DJ has I wish him a speedy recovery (along with Hartson) :agree:

I'm not sure its a supporters' bus and the OP states it was from Glasgow. All the more embarrassing if that's the case as at least on a SB those present are Hibs fans themselves and know it's only a tiny portion of idiots like that in our support.

Hiber-nation
22-11-2009, 05:09 PM
I can remember folk singing a song about Darren Jackson a few years back, it was when he ws diagnosed with a brain tumour (or something like that). It was to the tune of winter wonderland - not very nice, but I have heard worse.

But surely not much worse. These people are pathetic.

Kojock
22-11-2009, 05:13 PM
My reading of the OP is that he is talking about an ordinary service bus back from Glasgow with a large percentage of passengers non football fans.

I can understand why he was upset / embarrassed by the singing of such songs. The driver should have stopped at Harthill and kicked the @rseholes off the bus. :bitchy:

Antifa Hibs
22-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Drunk football fans in controversial songs shocker :rolleyes:

And ban them for life from Easter Road..? :faf: How does that work?

givescotlandfreedom
22-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Drunk football fans in controversial songs shocker :rolleyes:

I wonder if you'd be saying that if they were singing about someone in your family? :asshole:

Big Frank
22-11-2009, 06:14 PM
I wonder if you'd be saying that if they were singing about someone in your family? :asshole:

:wtf:

Which is actually moot as the OPs family wasn't being sung about! I think its you more than antifa coming across as an :asshole:

givescotlandfreedom
22-11-2009, 06:19 PM
:wtf:

Which is actually moot as the OPs family wasn't being sung about! I think its you more than antifa coming across as an :asshole:

Obviously you and antifa think singing and making light of brain tumours and cancer which kill people are ok. I'm sorry if disagreeing with that makes me an arse.

lapsedhibee
22-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Obviously you and antifa think singing and making light of brain tumours and cancer which kill people are ok. I'm sorry if disagreeing with that makes me an arse.

:singing: What's it like to s**g a hun :singing: couldn't have been very nice for Gary Caldwell's wife Lindsey, so I hope we don't hear that one again at ER.

givescotlandfreedom
22-11-2009, 06:28 PM
:singing: What's it like to s**g a hun :singing: couldn't have been very nice for Gary Caldwell's wife Lyndsey, so I hope we don't hear that one again at ER.

Comparing it with something which KILLS people's a bit different. Anyway I've given up on this thread it's gone too low. Knock yourselves out.

Dashing Bob S
22-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Sounds like the standard, stupid, drunken, loutish, tasteless behaviour you get every Saturday night in every UK city, and across all football fans and those who no interest in football at all.

I should add that I wasn't on the bus.

Big Frank
22-11-2009, 06:30 PM

Nope. not at all. You called someone an ass hole after making a ridiculous statement.

You have then made a quantum leap and have now decided that antifa and i condone singing songs about cancers and brain tumours.

You are a belter. well done.

scoopyboy
22-11-2009, 06:33 PM
:singing: What's it like to s**g a hun :singing: couldn't have been very nice for Gary Caldwell's wife Lindsey, so I hope we don't hear that one again at ER.

Do you think it was any worse than his beloved wife Lindsey finding out in the papers that he was actually s******* a hun?

lapsedhibee
22-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Do you think it was any worse than his beloved wife Lindsey finding out in the papers that he was actually s******* a hun?

There would have been plenty hibbies chanting that chant to whom it might be asked "How would you feel if Gary Caldwell was s**gging your wife?"

Just think the whole "How would you feel if you were Wallace Mercer's family etc etc etc etc?" approach to offensive songs is misguided. And being-morally-outraged-by-drunks-singing-on-a-bus is equally misguided.

Brain tumours kill people? Really? Well some do. Don't think Darren Jackson's did. And aeroplane accidents kill people too. What about banning the Airplane movies from TV - not very funny for people who've just lost loved ones in an air crash.

Toaods
22-11-2009, 07:10 PM
is this extremly vague incident not good material for that course you were doing, or is that all over now?

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=98538

I am fully aware of the Darren Jackson 'fading away' lyrics but find it fairly unlikely that:

a) Hibs fans were late back from Paisle and travelled by standard bus links

b) there is any reason to even mention the guy yesterday.

No Offence, but quite frankly, I personally am dismissing your post as nonsense. :cool2:

Broken Gnome
22-11-2009, 07:13 PM
There would have been plenty hibbies chanting that chant to whom it might be asked "How would you feel if Gary Caldwell was s**gging your wife?"

Just think the whole "How would you feel if you were Wallace Mercer's family etc etc etc etc?" approach to offensive songs is misguided. And being-morally-outraged-by-drunks-singing-on-a-bus is equally misguided.

Brain tumours kill people? Really? Well some do. Don't think Darren Jackson's did. And aeroplane accidents kill people too. What about banning the Airplane movies from TV - not very funny for people who've just lost loved ones in an air crash.

Whether you agree with it or not, the opening point is an obvious one. You see umpteen references here about Hibs fans believing they have more 'class' than others, particularly Hearts. Not sure all the other passengers on that bus would agree with that. Simple.

marinello59
22-11-2009, 07:14 PM
:singing: What's it like to s**g a hun :singing:

Did he ever answer this one or are we still waiting?:confused:

scoopyboy
22-11-2009, 07:18 PM

I am not condoning singing about John Hartson or Darren Jackson who both were / are victims outwith their control.

Gary Caldwell brought it upon himself by his inappropriate actions and have no sympathy for him whatsoever.

lapsedhibee
22-11-2009, 07:35 PM
I am not condoning singing about John Hartson or Darren Jackson who both were / are victims outwith their control.

Gary Caldwell brought it upon himself by his inappropriate actions and have no sympathy for him whatsoever.

Yes but the point raised earlier (not by you, and your original point was of course quite right) was not about sympathy for the target of the chants, but sympathy for the target/victim's family. Plenty people think adultery, marriage break up (mind he had a hospitalised child at the time), etc, not at all funny. If you start applying relatives' feelings to fitba chants you should, to be consistent, chuck out the Caldwell chant as well as the Wallet.

Jack
22-11-2009, 07:38 PM
What gives anyone the right to go around singing vile songs just because they're wearing football colours?
Just because they're wearing Hibs colours there's folk defending them. Nothing to do with Hibs! Aye right. Same condoning attitude if they had been wearing blue or maroon? No, didn't think so. If you want to opt out of a decent society away and join the Old Firm.
These 'lovable rogues' are dragging our club to the lowest level and while they continue to do so, with the apparent backing of some within our support, many more decent folk will stay away. And that's why its to do with the club.

lapsedhibee
22-11-2009, 07:40 PM
What gives anyone the right to go around singing vile songs just because they're wearing football colours?
Just because they're wearing Hibs colours there's folk defending them. Nothing to do with Hibs! Aye right. Same condoning attitude if they had been wearing blue or maroon? No, didn't think so. If you want to opt out of a decent society away and join the Old Firm.
These 'lovable rogues' are dragging our club to the lowest level and while they continue to do so, with the apparent backing of some within our support, many more decent folk will stay away. And that's why its to do with the club.

Who on this thread said they were lovable rogues? :dunno:

If I was going to object to their behaviour (and we're still waiting to hear the OP answer the question about whether he did object), I might object to the drunkenness, which is a potentially far more serious matter than the fact they were wearing Hibs scarves.

H18sry
22-11-2009, 07:45 PM
:singing: What's it like to s**g a hun :singing: .

:faf::faf:

marinello59
22-11-2009, 07:46 PM

Nowt.
The fact they were wearing football colours is incidental. Bad behaviour is bad behaviour. (Strange choice of song though..........hardly top of the current vile songs hit parade.:confused:)

lapsedhibee
22-11-2009, 08:02 PM
:singing: What's it like to s**g a hun :singing:

(1) Blackpool has had his avatar up for a good while now
(2) Blueisthecolourofmynose has been putting a positive spin on most things hun for a good while now
(3) It can shirley be only a matter of time before (1) and (2), er, come together to produce a thread of potentially vaultlike quality :I'm waiti

ArabHibee
22-11-2009, 08:17 PM
is this extremly vague incident not good material for that course you were doing, or is that all over now?

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=98538

I am fully aware of the Darren Jackson 'fading away' lyrics but find it fairly unlikely that:

a) Hibs fans were late back from Paisle and travelled by standard bus links

b) there is any reason to even mention the guy yesterday.

No Offence, but quite frankly, I personally am dismissing your post as nonsense. :cool2:

:agree:

Funny that the OP hasn't come back and answered questions that have been asked of him.

LTYF!!

Disco Dave
22-11-2009, 08:29 PM
After being subjected to 'the hearts are having a party, the hearts are having a party, the hearts are having a party, and scott browns sisters deid' I refuse to get offended by any similar song, it's what they want! They want people to cause a stir and that's where they get their pleasure, leave the ****bags to it :agree:

ancient hibee
22-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Morons are morons regardless of who they support.

jodjam
22-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Sounds like the standard, stupid, drunken, loutish, tasteless behaviour you get every Saturday night in every UK city, and across all football fans and those who no interest in football at all.

I should add that I wasn't on the bus.

Spot on, the ditty is hardly gonna make the Xmas no1 but it just seems in the UK these days were never happier than when we can have a right good moan about something.

Ban them from ER? dinny be silly!

Dalianwanda
22-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Spot on, the ditty is hardly gonna make the Xmas no1 but it just seems in the UK these days were never happier than when we can have a right good moan about something.

Ban them from ER? dinny be silly!

So we should just put up with this sort of thing and anyone who doesnt is just a moan....Get a grip..No wonder society is going down the tubes...

PS I agree about the ban from easter road bit..Police not Hibs matter..

heretoday
22-11-2009, 10:06 PM
It's not much fun being in that situation when you have a girlfriend or a youngster with you.

At the end of the day, however, it doesn't really mean anything except a bunch of blokes blowing off steam by being as offensive as possible before heading home to the daily grind.

Iggy Pope
22-11-2009, 10:18 PM
So we should just put up with this sort of thing and anyone who doesnt is just a moan....Get a grip..No wonder society is going down the tubes...
PS I agree about the ban from easter road bit..Police not Hibs matter..

Ha! The country is going to hell in a handcart. Is this the online Daily Mail Readers branch of the Hibs supporters now?

FWIW - I would call anyone for singing anything derogatory about Darren Jackson as I love the man. John Hartson however, I could not give a flying **** about.

And as for the 'what bus was this by the way' PC brigade of the Hibee Mentalists, what should it matter? Gonna have the whole bus barred from ER?

And anyway Toads is right (for once). This smells of yam pish to me.

monktonharp
22-11-2009, 10:38 PM

These individuals disgraced not only themselves but the reputation of Hibernian F.C. Although I realise that the songs were fuelled by drink and I would hope that they would not be given a public airing in the company of children and/or at the football ground. I believe that if these so-called football fans were named they should be instantly banned from attending not only Easter Road but any other football stadium.I do wish you'd expand on this ,a wee bit. was it an official (supporters association bus) or whatever? a service bus? or was it a bus going back to Dunbar fi the toon? or are you just beeing a bit naughty?

monktonharp
22-11-2009, 10:41 PM
I personally think its disgusting.

And I would be embarrassed to be sitting around a bunch of ejits singing these type of songs.

It really is the kind of thing that puts people off going back to games.

Regardless of who players have played for. You'd have to be very sick in the mind to wish harm on a living being.

It's a shame that every club has to have them.behave yersel.

monktonharp
22-11-2009, 10:55 PM

Brain tumours kill people? Really? Well some do. Don't think Darren Jackson's did. And aeroplane accidents kill people too. What about banning the Airplane movies from TV - not very funny for people who've just lost loved ones in an air crash.I object very strongly,your intimation that a brain tumor is not always as bad as it seems,! brain tumors kill people?really? you sir,are havin a f/kin girrafe! if you think you can get away with a flippant remark like that,you are not. do you know anyone diagnosed or operated on for something like that??? get a f/kin' grip on yersel. speaking from experience,and not too ****ing happy!!!!!!!

Scooter
22-11-2009, 11:02 PM
When it comes to life and someones I'll health I don't think it should be slagged or sung abt. It could happen to anyone, what goes around comes around.

Laughing at nade's weight or Caldwell mrs is banter. Death is not!!!!

hibbytam
22-11-2009, 11:09 PM
FWIW - I would call anyone for singing anything derogatory about Darren Jackson as I love the man. John Hartson however, I could not give a flying **** about.

Is it not possible to be offended/upset by the subject of the song, rather than the person it's aimed at?

And just because somebody criticises the moronic behaviour of some hibs fans, they've automatically a hearts fan. Shows the moronic mentality of football fans sometimes. If you dare question the tribe, you're obviously not one of the tribe.

Steve-O
23-11-2009, 05:41 AM
I'm surprised some people on here can get to sleep at night with all the terrible things going on in the world...:rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
23-11-2009, 08:10 AM
When it comes to life and someones I'll health I don't think it should be slagged or sung abt. It could happen to anyone, what goes around comes around.

Laughing at nade's weight or Caldwell mrs is banter. Death is not!!!!

Ok, in your opinion marital infidelity is a suitable subject for humour, drunken fitba chants, etc; and death is not. Yet a survey (http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/10/03/joke.funniest/) found that

"Europeans also enjoyed jokes that involved making light of topics that make people feel anxious, such as death, illness and marriage."

and that the world's funniest joke involved death.

Illness and death appear not to be taboo in the real world outside hibs.net.

Lozmoz21
23-11-2009, 08:54 AM
I can understand some of the views from people on this topic and realise that this is just a small group of idiots who choose to sing these songs after a heavy session and there will be people in a similair mould from every club. And I too fail to understand the motives for disrespecting Darren Jackson as certainly from what I remember, he was a stand out player for Hibs at the time.

I also realise that people will put this down as a bit of banter and that there are certainly more disturbing things happening in the world but I was shocked at how this small group could so casually chant about the potentially life threatening diseases that these people have had to deal with or who are dealing with.

I am simply putting it down to a mixture of booze, lack of respect and idiocy and would hate to think that there are fans who potentially have the capability to bring these chants to the football stadium.

P.s. it was a megabus.

Iggy Pope
23-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Is it not possible to be offended/upset by the subject of the song, rather than the person it's aimed at?

And just because somebody criticises the moronic behaviour of some hibs fans, they've automatically a hearts fan. Shows the moronic mentality of football fans sometimes. If you dare question the tribe, you're obviously not one of the tribe.

You and I come from different times Tam obviously, as the more offence in a song the better as far as subversives like me go.

And you can call me tribal if you like, but you better not use words like moron around me or my tribe!

Iggy Pope
23-11-2009, 02:45 PM
I can understand some of the views from people on this topic and realise that this is just a small group of idiots who choose to sing these songs after a heavy session and there will be people in a similair mould from every club. And I too fail to understand the motives for disrespecting Darren Jackson as certainly from what I remember, he was a stand out player for Hibs at the time.

I also realise that people will put this down as a bit of banter and that there are certainly more disturbing things happening in the world but I was shocked at how this small group could so casually chant about the potentially life threatening diseases that these people have had to deal with or who are dealing with.

I am simply putting it down to a mixture of booze, lack of respect and idiocy and would hate to think that there are fans who potentially have the capability to bring these chants to the football stadium.

P.s. it was a megabus.

Glad you cleared that one up though.

The Green Goblin
23-11-2009, 06:56 PM
If they're wearing the club colours, it's the club that gets associated with it and tarred with the brush. I care about my club enough to condemn stuff like this, others clearly don't think it's a big deal. We're awful quick to condemn the distasteful songs of the mankies and the yams though. That's pointless, unless we keep the stink of it out of our own back yard.

GG

Antifa Hibs
23-11-2009, 09:12 PM

Course not, but at the same time I wouldn't run home to greet on the internet about it.

There's idiots everywhere, especially when someone 'high profile' has died or is ill. At the football, at work, in the pub. My phone never stopped with jokes getting texted to me after micheal jackson died, some people see it as a joke and a laugh, thankfully the majority don't (Although the MJ stuff was pretty funny...)

Jamesie
23-11-2009, 09:20 PM
I can understand some of the views from people on this topic and realise that this is just a small group of idiots who choose to sing these songs after a heavy session and there will be people in a similair mould from every club.

Is it just me or is there a trend, an acceptance even, in Scotland nowadays that being bevvied excuses most forms of behaviour?

Not having a go at the poster but I think there has been a real culture shift here, even in the last ten years?

jabis
23-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Ha! The country is going to hell in a handcart. Is this the online Daily Mail Readers branch of the Hibs supporters now?

And as for the 'what bus was this by the way' PC brigade of the Hibee Mentalists, what should it matter? Gonna have the whole bus barred from ER?

And anyway Toads is right (for once). This smells of yam pish to me.

Aaahhh the humanity of the man :agree:

You and I come from different times Tam obviously, as the more offence in a song the better as far as subversives like me go.

And you can call me tribal if you like, but you better not use words like moron around me or my tribe!

:faf:......what happened to the Indian smillie ?