PDA

View Full Version : Defenders and Goalie

Hibercelona
22-11-2009, 03:08 PM
I think its only fair to start a thread for these guys as I don't think they get the recognition they deserve.

They've played a huge part in us being up there so far this season.

So well done to every single one of them. :applause:

Keep up the great work lads. :agree:

Ed De Gramo
22-11-2009, 03:11 PM
I think its only fair to start a thread for these guys as I don't think they get the recognition they deserve.

They've played a huge part in us being up there so far this season.

So well done to every single one of them. :applause:

Keep up the great work lads. :agree:

:top marks

Think Hoggy has benefited from being dropped, Bamba is just good ol' Sol :thumbsup: and Ian Murray is one of the first names on the team sheet (if not the first)

Stack seems to made the keepers slot his own and long may it continue :agree:

forthhibby
22-11-2009, 03:12 PM
i thought stack had his best game for us yesterday, starting to look solid in goals, blameless for their goal.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Stack got us that point yesterday. Of the keepers that we were chasing I am glad that we got him.:agree:

500miles
22-11-2009, 11:14 PM
It has taken Hogg time to adjust to playing next to Bamba. Despite his physical stature, Bamba is very different from Jones, as the big Englishman thrived as a last gasp defender, whereas Bamba holds a higher line, and covers more ground, which must create problems when you're playing next to him, especially after two years playing next to Jones.

I also think it was unrealistic to expect to come in as captain and own the role instantly. It took a good year or so for Rob Jones to become a real leader.

Murray has been excellent at left back, and despite swapping and changing, the "problem right back position" hasn't been all that much of a problem thanks to the efforts of D, McCormack and Hogg.

Sir David Gray
22-11-2009, 11:38 PM
I think Graham Stack has been a very underrated signing.

I would actually go as far as to say that he could end up being the best goalkeeper that we have had since Leighton and Goram.

He has looked extremely assured so far and I think the defence has complete confidence in him.

greenlex
22-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Where were the defenders at yesterdays St Mirren goal? :devil: