PDA

View Full Version : Yogi - not a hero, but what we need right now

steviedonx
22-11-2009, 02:04 AM
Now,

I have serious reservations about this Hibs squad, and I am very aware that there are serious deficiencies. However, how much of a difference does it make when we have a true Hibee in charge?

When was the last time we had a manager who, when asked with the question "Are you interested in the Scotland job?" says - "no, I've got the best job in Scotland".

I am fully aware that there are hibs.netters out there who are big Yogi fanboys and also posters who are on the other side of the fence. But on interviews alone, never mind this 8 game unbeaten streak, he is the best manager we have had for a long while.

While this may not be a revolution - long may this level-headed, passionate, fierce, hunger for the game continue.

Yogi -you have my vote!

GGTH

steviedonx
22-11-2009, 02:21 AM
i wonder how many posts after midnight on a saturday are written by folk who are absolutely belted out their minds

Marabou Stork
22-11-2009, 02:25 AM
i wonder how many posts after midnight on a saturday are written by folk who are absolutely belted out their minds

< puts hand up >

Yogi will do a fantastic job for us if he's given enough support from both the supporters and the board.

steviedonx
22-11-2009, 02:28 AM
moan the cabbage! Moan the Yogi!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hibercelona
22-11-2009, 02:58 AM
moan the cabbage! Moan the Yogi!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Moan the Strongbow! Moan the Buckie! :greengrin :devil: :wink:

steviedonx
22-11-2009, 03:44 AM
Boom!

matty_f
22-11-2009, 08:23 AM
:thumbsup: Crackin' thread!!

I think Yogi's the real deal, to be honest - at least I hope he is.

Love his interviews, there's not one where I haven't finished watching it and not felt inspired about what he's trying to create and achieve at the club.

There may be some players at the club just now that don't have the motivation to go on the journey with him, but they'll get found out and over a couple of seasons I think Yogi will totally change the culture at the club and push us on.:agree:

Thegreenside
22-11-2009, 10:50 AM
your on the wrong site mate:devil:

Judas Iscariot
22-11-2009, 10:54 AM

What a tramp

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Personally i feel he is the best man for the job, oh how i wish we had given him the job before Mixu. He clearly is a motivator, and knows what he wants for the club, and were he wants to take them. We all might pick holes in his formation, and player selections, even his substitutions, but we are getting harder to beat. We are playing at times better than under mixu, and we are starting to bring belief back to the fans. And more importantly, RESULTS.

Just think back 6 months, and remember where we were under Mixu, given the timescale, and the difference yogi has made, there is no doubt in my mind, he is the man.:top marks

ArabHibee
22-11-2009, 11:17 AM

Funnily enough, the spelling and dictation seems to improve as well!! :cool2:

CallumLaidlaw
22-11-2009, 11:31 AM
:boo hoo::yawn::hnet:
< puts hand up >

Yogi will do a fantastic job for us if he's given enough support from both the supporters and the board.

CallumLaidlaw
22-11-2009, 11:56 AM
:boo hoo::yawn::hnet:

lol, dunno what that is all about. I think my 4 yr old stepson got to the pc while i was in the shower!! :agree:

ArabHibee
22-11-2009, 11:57 AM
lol, dunno what that is all about. I think my 4 yr old stepson got to the pc while i was in the shower!! :agree:

Aye, good yin, blame the bairn!!

Sure yer no still a bit :party:

CallumLaidlaw
22-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Aye, good yin, blame the bairn!!

Sure yer no still a bit :party:

wish I was. Just tired and hungover. Plus, he's male, so I'm just getting him prepared for getting the blame for things during the course of his life :wink: :greengrin

Hibee_Rab
22-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Now,

I have serious reservations about this Hibs squad, and I am very aware that there are serious deficiencies. However, how much of a difference does it make when we have a true Hibee in charge?

When was the last time we had a manager who, when asked with the question "Are you interested in the Scotland job?" says - "no, I've got the best job in Scotland".

I am fully aware that there are hibs.netters out there who are big Yogi fanboys and also posters who are on the other side of the fence. But on interviews alone, never mind this 8 game unbeaten streak, he is the best manager we have had for a long while.

While this may not be a revolution - long may this level-headed, passionate, fierce, hunger for the game continue.

Yogi -you have my vote!

GGTH

He said in the world not just scotland:notworthy:

Houchy
22-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Personally i feel he is the best man for the job, oh how i wish we had given him the job before Mixu. He clearly is a motivator, and knows what he wants for the club, and were he wants to take them. We all might pick holes in his formation, and player selections, even his substitutions, but we are getting harder to beat. We are playing at times better than under mixu, and we are starting to bring belief back to the fans. And more importantly, RESULTS.

Just think back 6 months, and remember where we were under Mixu, given the timescale, and the difference yogi has made, there is no doubt in my mind, he is the man.:top marks

I know it's hypothetical but when you see what Yogi has done in such a short period, it's scary to think where we could be right now if we had got him in before Mixu. I serously think we'd be, at worst, joint top.:agree: On saying that, bar a terrible/freak result at New Douglas Park, we'd be there now.

blackpoolhibs
22-11-2009, 01:49 PM
I know it's hypothetical but when you see what Yogi has done in such a short period, it's scary to think where we could be right now if we had got him in before Mixu. I serously think we'd be, at worst, joint top.:agree: On saying that, bar a terrible/freak result at New Douglas Park, we'd be there now.

Yip it is scary to think how much better we could have been with an extra year of Yogi's leadership. The time we had under mixu was awful, although he did manage to bring Deek, Bamba and Murray back. Having a team now, who actually know what they are supposed to be doing most of the time, :wink: is half the battle.:thumbsup:

Petrie's Tache
22-11-2009, 01:50 PM

Yeah! everybody should have listned to me at the time:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
22-11-2009, 01:55 PM
After yesterdays game I hope he kicked a few *****,Souness style.
He says all the right things at the moment,but I think there will be a time in the near future when it goes a wee bit pear shaped and we will see what he and the team are made of.I cant say we have been setting the heather alight for a while, although we have been getting a fair few results.